This Week in Battlefield V

TTK bug?

cobrakev98
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
Ever since they messed with the TTK ( first made it longer , then back to quicker) I feel like like its bugged , at least for me. I feel like I am on the longer TTK but everyone else in on the quicker . I will get 2 headshot markers and 3 to 4 body markers and hes still alive . Meanwhile I take a maximum of 2 to 3 hits and I am dead. This is with every gun , every class. This was not the case before they messed with the TTK. Last match I even counted 8 body hits and he turned and 2 tapped me . I understand sometimes I get headshotted but this is the case for every engagement for 2 days .Anyone else notice anything like this?

Comments

• jeepmont
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same here. After the update I die with 1 bullet by every player and every gun they use. It takes me mags and mags to get a kill. Even though i am 1 for 1 for KD. It doesnt matter if the player has 150 ping, 40 ping or 20 ping. Instadeaths. BF1 had great hit detection but this game is pure trash. This was how it was on ps4 with BF4. You would think after 5 years they could improve the hit detection on the frost bite engine. Guess not. I would have rather wiped my **** with the 80 dollars i spent on this game.
  • GOA-Johnny-BK-
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This same thing happens to me but it comes and goes so it's definitely the server's.
  • BigNibbaDuck
    16 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i just came to the forum specifically looking for some mention of this. i feel as if I'm getting TTD bugged way more also. its taking me way longer to kill people than it seems Im getting killed. For me it DOES NOT feel the same as it did before they messed with this. In fact since the last switch I'm really struggling to play, its like I'm awful now.

And when snipping i KNOW I am hitting people and no hit marker. it wasn't like this before. Something really feels off.

i went from really enjoying this game and since the last TTK switch, not wanting to play it anymore.
  • jeepmont
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the sniping thing has always been there. half my sniping shots on bf1 would never register.
  • Al3xDaS0uL
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Have to agree with OP post, after they changed TTK back its been a mess! shoting at players and getting a LOT of 98 / 99 points of damage, but they just slip away.. meanwhile, instadeath at least 20% of the times for me... something shure seems off!
  • PatrioticBone
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Explains it all;
  • jeepmont
    doesnt explain crap. i go around a corner and the guy has his back turned then i get istakilled. I shot first but i died. the guy is camping with his back turned. i shoot and lay a mag into his back at point blank range and he turns around and kills me. this scenario has happened many times when i try to kill canadian players or high ping players. i dont see this being explained?
  • jeepmont
    you have an arab posting a video to make money trying to explain the hit detection problems for 99% of the bf5 players. not buying it.
  • jeepmont
    i can explain it. dice tries to market the game for 99% of the population. they have to let the people with garbage internet kill so they ruin it for the people with good internet. dont allow garbage internet players in the servers.
  • cobrakev98
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This has actually got me to rage quit today. When I see 3 headshot markers plus body markers and hes still not dead it just enrages me how bad this game is. I have never played a battlefield before that actually causes me more stress then enjoyment .
  • Al3xDaS0uL
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    cobrakev98 wrote: »
    This has actually got me to rage quit today. When I see 3 headshot markers plus body markers and hes still not dead it just enrages me how bad this game is. I have never played a battlefield before that actually causes me more stress then enjoyment .

This... its like you are in an proffesional esport game every round.. with you having worse guns than every other player.. if its going to be like this going forward, I wouldn't mind if battlefield got a bit more casual again.. I'm definetly struggeling to enjoy the game at times.. I also seem to be put on the loosing team no matter what time I join in a round (server browser) or if I choose quickplay.. I'm fine with helping out a loosing team, BUT its getting a bit frustrating to be steamrolled EVERY single time I join...
  • MrLynch001
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Yep same for me , does not matter if its a west coast or east coast server last 2 days of playing have been garbage . this has been a problem with BF as far back as i can remember .
    From my 'perception' ( i see / i hear ) double tapping 2-3 shots and max damage , when i spectate that player they are Not double tapping anyone w/ 100 % health and not all shots are hits or head shots . jump back in to same game and get killed by same player , double tap . A lot of players dont seem to have this problem which would scue the way they perceive the gameplay as " just get gud " . if the game (hit detection) is not consistent whats the point . btw 180fps in game / 100mg 0 pkt loss on my tests / mid 20's ping .

Im in Northern Nevada connecting to West coast servers (Oregon) with a 34ping / East coast servers show as 84ping ( Ec plays better if everyone is "at and under 100ping " )
    The perception of consistency is whats broken and why you bleed new players or get hacker rants imo. interestingly the TTK increase seemed to mask the problem a little as if the servers had 1-2 bullets from each player it "did not" have to worry about ( or my interpretation ) allowing the perceived reaction time other players seem to enjoy without the ttk change .

Wish i had the hard drive space to record as iv also had enemy players " appear " in front of me at about 3 meters . Yes Appear ! not regularly , but occasionally , not just one player but 3-4 all at about the same range . and walking up to them popping in , not full sprint .
    Lag / hit detection / packet loss ?
    lack of West coast servers // quality of west coast servers ? have no idea !
    whatever you want to call it I do hope it gets fixed as iv already sworn off EA once after BF3.
    Post edited by MrLynch001 on
  • UncleAlbert1802
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To be honest it doesn't feel as though its changed back to TTK 1.0
  • Trashkan1
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game feels really smooth all the time for me no lag no stutters. With that being said I feel like hit registration is lagged or off. I believe you are being shot it's just not ticking off on your side. like people are curving bullets around corners and when I prone behind a rock I get shot from trajectories that seem impossible and it happens a second after I'm in cover.
  • ZyRonNR1
    43 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same here! Did they really revert it? Or is it still TTK 2.0? Who knows? Feels like TTK 2.0, not at all like the TTK 1.0 or "core" servers...
  • GOA-Johnny-BK-
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think Dice pulled a fast one on us and at this point I wouldn't expect anything less. To me it feels like a in between of 1.0 and 2.0.
    What I'm really sick of is my headsots not registering. It's mostly all I aim for while trying to play the broken Medic class. What happens to me is I'll see orange after orange hits then a red hit marker and then I'm dead and the player has 1% health. How can this happen when the first orange is a headset.....By far this has been the most frustrating game of all the BF serious.
  • BigNibbaDuck
    16 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Its definitely not the same TTK 1.0..... something is changed, whether its TTK or the netcode. I really liked this game the first few weeks. I'd even say I didn't mind it with the change to TTK 2.0, I didnt like that change but it was playable. There is no way in hell this is the same game as release.
    Don't jump on me for mentioning K/D i realise thats not everything, but as i have seen others bring it up also, it is an indication of whats going on. I was about 2.1 k/d before any changes. With ttk 2.0 it went down slightly, but now its dropping drastically with the change back to ttk 1.0.

How could I possibly be getting worse, when I have better upgrades, know the maps better? Makes no sense. I realise others are improving also, but C'mon

Most matches it feels like im playing against elite players. I actually feel timid at times, when im usually an aggressive runa nd gun player. (I've also tried to slow down and play more campy that doesn't matter either) My guns feel like ttk 2.0 still, while I'm getting dropped instantly.

Bottom line i went from really enjoying this game to absolutely HATING it and not wanting to play it anymore. I don't care what anyone says this isn't the same game as release.
    Post edited by BigNibbaDuck on
  • ZyRonNR1
    I feel the same. There is something off. Revert is a placebo?? Explaination pls DICE? Is it bugged for real?
  • Ziglol
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it's the same ttk 1.0 as before, just the same buggy netcode, i see no difference. I guess you got lucky when it launched and rarely got any lag issues but i would die from superbullets 90% of the time, sometimes you're on the lucky end sometimes you're not. The TTD bug is the same and not worse than before, the TTD issue will never ever get fixed btw, just sayin'
  • ZyRonNR1
    Ziglol wrote: »
    it's the same ttk 1.0 as before, just the same buggy netcode, i see no difference. I guess you got lucky when it launched and rarely got any lag issues but i would die from superbullets 90% of the time, sometimes you're on the lucky end sometimes you're not. The TTD bug is the same and not worse than before, the TTD issue will never ever get fixed btw, just sayin'

I think you got a point. Sometimes it feel kinda good, then a few rounds or minutes later it can change to a really baad experience. Well.. I cannot blame the Christmas Ale can I? :)