Poll: why have people stopped playing?

Comments

• Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    I am not sure for how long I’ll stick around in BF5.
    The only maps I enjoy playing are Rotterdam, Devastation and perhaps Arras.
    Add to this the many bugs, poor balancing decisions by the devs, very dark game visually, weapons more or less are copy/pasted from one another etc.
    If things do not drastically improve very soon, I will look around to find another game to play.
    Maybe go back to bf1 which some of my friends have done already.

Sort of feel the same, city maps are best. Snow maps with the brightness are probably my least favorite.
  • OskooI_007
    1355 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Dral13 wrote: »
    Someone mentioned animations. The ammo/health packs drive me insane especially when I’m trying to aim.

I hate the ammo pickup animation. My arm just flies up in the middle of a gunfight and blocks my view.
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    Someone mentioned animations. The ammo/health packs drive me insane especially when I’m trying to aim.

I hate the ammo pickup animation. My arm just flies up in the middle of a gunfight and blocks my view.

Yeah, super cool having half the screen blocked. I wish we could turn the animation off.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    I am not sure for how long I’ll stick around in BF5.
    The only maps I enjoy playing are Rotterdam, Devastation and perhaps Arras.
    Add to this the many bugs, poor balancing decisions by the devs, very dark game visually, weapons more or less are copy/pasted from one another etc.
    If things do not drastically improve very soon, I will look around to find another game to play.
    Maybe go back to bf1 which some of my friends have done already.

Sort of feel the same, city maps are best. Snow maps with the brightness are probably my least favorite.

The Brightness is incredibly painful, not only that there's a blinding blue tint on all these kinds of maps. It literally hurts my eyes.
    I've adjusted gamma,contrast, backlight, brightness and nothing works. In fact all these adjustments just made all my other games including BF1 look horrible just to try to accommodate one game so I can see enemies. It's crazy cuz the shadow areas are too dark and the lighting is blinding, so when you run from a dark area to a lit area it's jarring to the eyes because there's no transitional middle ground.
    Lighting has always been strong in BF titles but in BFV it's on a whole new level and it looks ugly.
  • Epic_MARV
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    The people I play with enjoy the game (when it works) We are just fed up of all the bugs, and pissed that the game was 50% off a week later after we bought the deluxe edition. We feel like we had to endure all the crap and then new players got a much better deal! We enjoy the gunplay and the much faster TTK ( we play tactically as a squad) and have adapted to the new features.

But we will definitely NOT buy an early release edition ever again! And will wait for the game to be on sale. Dice really shot themselves in the foot with this and will lose money as a result. I can only blame EA for rushing the game out of the door, but its Dice's reputation that will sadly suffer.
  • Chakixx
    33 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BECAUSE:

CHEATERS

CHEATERS

AND

CHEATERS

• Goofy-The-Sc0t
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    Do you know people who've stopped playing or are you considering it? Why did they and/or might you stop playing?

Please let others know about this poll and encourage them to participate.

If they quit just because they were getting beaten down too badly, please comment saying that but refrain from voting.

The poll’s in the link below

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/239131-battlefield-v/77321854#1

If you’d like to list the reasons, please feel free to do so in descending order in the comments below

It's hard to choose only one out of that list.

It's impossible to only choose one from that list. "I preferred BFI's TTK and really don't like the current TTK" and "There's no hardcore mode" are the only options i wouldn't tick.

I haven't stopped playing entirely but i am playing it a helluva lot less than i did with BF1's launch. Dying to prone players i just cannot see even when they're right in front of me is probably my biggest annoyance tbh and that isn't even on the list.
  • Eikou
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game is to campy and slow in large part due to visibility for me. Friends literally played for a few hours and just found it to "dry" I guess to hardcore and boring. I quite like the game but bar I couple of tweaks I'd like to see dice just focus on making the next game decent
  • bigdippa93
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    for me the game just isnt fun like the previous BF installments.

it feels like i need a squad with mics to play this properly in the past that wasnt necessary.

the problem is no one i know personally wants to play this they all play COD when it comes to FPS. and when i play BF i never come across anyone with a mic on console. idk if you can hear anyone with a mic unless you have one as well. its weird.

BC2 BF3 BF1 i could play them all day by myself and have fun it didnt matter if i went 44-18 or 18-23 i had fun.

BF5 i went 53-25 and was bored while doing it cus i had to play slow and defensive. i layed by a rock and picked off 8 people as they ran by cus they couldnt see me because of what dice did with visibility. most boring killstreak i’ve had in my life.

i in no way want them to change the game to my liking so my usual playstyle is compatible i just wont play this one and hope the next installment is to my liking.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Standard game is 50% off in price through origin account now, premium is now €40. That's buying it.
    Should say enough about the current playerbase and the stamina players have for it.
    It's probably not that good of a game overall. Especially since it's only out for a month now.
  • digga11
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    It’s just broken. If it’s not one thing it’s another. Gave up awhile ago but have a go now and again just to reinforce the fact it’s broke. Things should be getting fixed faster but I don’t think they can fix certain things or they would have by now.
    I’ll check in now and again but don’t hold out much hope.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Siimple, the game is unbelievably frustrating to play and I for one can't be bothered to load it up when there are far more enjoyable things to do.... this game will be dead sooner than any other BF game
  • Epic_MARV
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No Incentive to play really. Can't earn coins past lvl 50, lvl 50 is the max cap, progression in non existent now. Plus the myriad of bugs and glitches make the game very frustrating. TTD is awful as are the frutation design choices when it comes to menus and assignments.
  • GiovannY-398
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I haven't stopped playing.
  • Beastin_Ur_Maw
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I’ve stopped playing as the December patch has made planes useless.

No fun whatsoever. A slight nerf was required to planes, but to nerf them all to the point where they are as much use as a used tampon was outrageous!

• nutcrackr
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Maps are poor generally. Only three will provide decent longevity
    Hundreds of gameplay changes I don't like, including vehicle balancing, transport options, and tank setup
    Target acquisition is horrendous
    Runs poorly and doesn't look great all the time
    Menus are awful
    Load times are frustrating
    Assignments are often broken
    Loads of small bugs everywhere
    Not enough progression
    Not enough content in terms of vehicles, weapons, attachments, uniforms, factions, settings, maps

• B0ng0_Banger
    1161 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    where the option for all of the above