Can I kill enemy EOD bot operator while he is operating his bot?

arnobpl
2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
edited December 2018
First of all, I'm new in Battlefield 4 (PC version). But I'm familiar with Battlefield 2. In BF4, there is a gadget called EOD bot. I've not unlocked the gadget yet. However, I want to know whether I can kill an enemy EOD bot operator while he is operating his bot in the same way as killing the enemy commander in BF2? Also, can an EOD bot operator move himself if he thinks that the current position is not safe? Is there any YouTube video about these scenarios? I'm curious to know about it. I've searched on the topic but haven't found any so far.

Comments

• tempo_rarity
    1017 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Operator can use 'E' to 'leave' the EOD Bot (it'll stay wherever it is) so that they can re-position their soldier if they want .
    Pushing 'E' again puts you back in the EOD afterwards .
    Operators ARE killable if you find one .

My Bot question :
    I'm guessing my Bot can kill an Enemy Bot (seems logical) but , can my Bot REPAIR a Mates Bot?
    The opportunities to test both of these curiosities haven't arisen . . yet :tongue:
  • Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Operator can use 'E' to 'leave' the EOD Bot (it'll stay wherever it is) so that they can re-position their soldier if they want .

My Bot question :
    I'm guessing my Bot can kill an Enemy Bot (seems logical) but , can my Bot REPAIR a Mates Bot?
    The opportunities to test both of these curiosities haven't arisen . . yet :tongue:

You can repair friendly EOD bots I believe
  • arnobpl
    edited December 2018
    Good to know. I've not seen any enemy EOD bot operator yet. Killing an enemy EOD bot operator would be fun.

Ameeba37 wrote: »
    Then I think, a strategy can be applied. Two friendly EOD bots will operate together. One of them will stay hidden behind some obstacles/walls. The other one will attack/spot/damage enemies and their vehicles. When the EOD bot's health is low, it'll go to the hidden place where the other bot is waiting to repair the bot. Just thinking though it needs significant cooperation between the two players, and enemies might discover the hidden place and destroy both of them.

• arnobpl
    Operators ARE killable if you find one .:
    Good to know. I've not seen any enemy EOD bot operator yet. Killing an enemy EOD bot operator would be fun.

Ameeba37 wrote: »
    Then I think, a strategy can be applied. Two EOD bots will operate together. One of them will stay hidden behind some covers/obstacles/walls. The other one will attack or damage enemies or their vehicles. When the bot's health is low, it will go to the hidden place where the other bot is waiting to repair the damaged bot. Just thinking though it needs a significant cooperation between the two players, and enemies might discover the hidden place and destroy both of the bots.