Tanks feel far better balanced in breakthrough than conquest

WinterWarhurst
1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
There have been plenty of complaints and feedback provided on tanks in other threads, yet one thing has slipped through relatively unnoticed.

I am a conquest player, and a tanker main, however after playing a few rounds of breakthrough I quickly recognised not only is the resupply depot system far more convenient and actually properly implemented, but tanks in general felt far better balanced here.

My concern is if we balance the tanks for conquest in line with many of our requests, we will simply create unbalanced tanks in breakthrough.

In breakthrough you can control the risk of being flanked, over-extended, back-capped and sandwiched between the Zerg rush.

Supporting infantry and pushing onto flags with them to PTFO felt better in breakthrough, in fact it was a breath of fresh air for those of us that hate being encouraged to camp and farm infantry from a distance.

Personally I feel in far better control in breakthrough than conquest, despite the fact that there is arguably even more explosive spam in a single space or sector due to a higher player count concentration.

In fact I would confidently wager tanks have been balanced to breakthrough, not conquest, as this seems to be the game mode where they are more effective.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• DukeSan27
    1157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Balance was always supposed to be for CQ which has 360 degrees of engagement. Once again wrong patches for wrong problems.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DukeSan27 wrote: »
    Balance was always supposed to be for CQ which has 360 degrees of engagement. Once again wrong patches for wrong problems.

I would expect them to balance to conquest, but I've been having a far easier time in breakthrough!
  • Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I only play in breakthroug and tanks works fine to me.

Really lack of splash damage (i think its need a buff), but the MG shines. And sometimes i'm still able to hold a defend point alone.

Just avoid narrow roads and my K/D goes 20-1, 25-2, and top 5 in the server (wich says i'm useful to team, not farming K/D and etc...)

BUUUUUT... When i play as assault i feel very easy to destroy tanks. 2-3 piats directly to the roof and the tank is in real bad spot. I think that PIAT is stronger than Panzerfaust, just use the drop to hit the roof of the tanks and you can see it's amazing.

2 GOOD Assaults together using PIAT can destroy the tank from the front without closing to it. I don't know if this is balanced.
  • WinterWarhurst
    I only play in breakthroug and tanks works fine to me.

Really lack of splash damage (i think its need a buff), but the MG shines. And sometimes i'm still able to hold a defend point alone.

Just avoid narrow roads and my K/D goes 20-1, 25-2, and top 5 in the server (wich says i'm useful to team, not farming K/D and etc...)

BUUUUUT... When i play as assault i feel very easy to destroy tanks. 2-3 piats directly to the roof and the tank is in real bad spot. I think that PIAT is stronger than Panzerfaust, just use the drop to hit the roof of the tanks and you can see it's amazing.

2 GOOD Assaults together using PIAT can destroy the tank from the front without closing to it. I don't know if this is balanced.

Coaxial MG feels better in Breakthrough, although I feel it should have the 740 m/s of the Staghound, and basically every single infantry LMG/ MMG in the game. It's 400 m/s now, which is almost a 50% reduction, crazy. Also I feel the max damage should be 26 not 23, somehow it's 35 on the Churchill, despite being 23 on all the others with 18 min after 28.75m (instead of 75m for infantry variants).

As for splash damage it's just crazy that a stock Pz.IV should have better splash damage than a Tiger.
  • DOX_aus
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well if you played BF1 you'd know they balanced vehicles around grand ops and not conquest. Trench fighter was nerfed multiple times into complete oblivion due to its 'trench' killing ability that was only slightly op originally in conquest as everyone was spread out, but in grand ops it was penguin colony farming time. BFV tank main cannon splash dmg reduction is another tweak for these game modes that have all the noobs bunching up.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6737 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    My issue in breakthrough is tanks don't spawn often enough and oftentimes sectors have no tanks. If you're in a tank and you're destroyed it's unlikely you'll get another one.
  • WinterWarhurst
    DOX_aus wrote: »
    Well if you played BF1 you'd know they balanced vehicles around grand ops and not conquest. Trench fighter was nerfed multiple times into complete oblivion due to its 'trench' killing ability that was only slightly op originally in conquest as everyone was spread out, but in grand ops it was penguin colony farming time. BFV tank main cannon splash dmg reduction is another tweak for these game modes that have all the noobs bunching up.

Yeah I was having this thought too, people are so bunched up in breakthrough/ operations it’s untrue, conquest has been hit hardest by tank and planes splash nerf, it’s crazy.
  • WinterWarhurst
    My issue in breakthrough is tanks don't spawn often enough and oftentimes sectors have no tanks. If you're in a tank and you're destroyed it's unlikely you'll get another one.

Yeah I find that really annoying, especially when you can’t team switch, but I understand why they’ve done it.
  • tsvictor
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There have been plenty of complaints and feedback provided on tanks in other threads, yet one thing has slipped through relatively unnoticed.

I am a conquest player, and a tanker main, however after playing a few rounds of breakthrough I quickly recognised not only is the resupply depot system far more convenient and actually properly implemented, but tanks in general felt far better balanced here.

My concern is if we balance the tanks for conquest in line with many of our requests, we will simply create unbalanced tanks in breakthrough.

In breakthrough you can control the risk of being flanked, over-extended, back-capped and sandwiched between the Zerg rush.

Supporting infantry and pushing onto flags with them to PTFO felt better in breakthrough, in fact it was a breath of fresh air for those of us that hate being encouraged to camp and farm infantry from a distance.

Personally I feel in far better control in breakthrough than conquest, despite the fact that there is arguably even more explosive spam in a single space or sector due to a higher player count concentration.

In fact I would confidently wager tanks have been balanced to breakthrough, not conquest, as this seems to be the game mode where they are more effective.

What do you guys think?

They should let tanker use the squad's supply box OR to make a new squad command to drop tank's supply box for tanker to refill their canon (not repair).
  • WinterWarhurst
    tsvictor wrote: »

What do you guys think?

They should let tanker use the squad's supply box OR to make a new squad command to drop tank's supply box for tanker to refill their canon (not repair).

That’d be super cool, but also I feel there should be more resupply depots on most maps, although I can hear the devs already; “oh we tried that and it didn’t work as good”... Way to make tanks feel like an after thought, they simply don’t feel smoothly integrated in conquest as things stand, especially the heavies.
  • Caramac_D
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Frontlines is great for tanks as long as you stay behind your team's infantry. Hamada is particularly good, 3 tanks per side, ace.
  • Tony-yingc
    82 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

What do you guys think?

Breakthrough, players don't need too many tanks, increase splash damage, reduce they armor, the same is true for aircraft.
  • WinterWarhurst
    Caramac_D wrote: »
    Frontlines is great for tanks as long as you stay behind your team's infantry. Hamada is particularly good, 3 tanks per side, ace.

No way, 3 tanks per side in frontlines? That’s sick, I’ll have to play some, what maps have tanks? Is that frontlines small or frontlines in Grand Ops?
  • WinterWarhurst
    Tony-yingc wrote: »

What do you guys think?

Breakthrough, players don't need too many tanks, increase splash damage, reduce they armor, the same is true for aircraft.

Sorry not quite sure I understand you
  • Caramac_D
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

No way, 3 tanks per side in frontlines? That’s sick, I’ll have to play some, what maps have tanks? Is that frontlines small or frontlines in Grand Ops?

Frontlines small yep, its just called Frontlines in advanced server search I think. From what I recall Hamada has 3, Narvik has 2, Twisted steel 2, Arras 1, Rotterdam 1, Aerodrome 1 possibly 2. Lots of fun.
  • WinterWarhurst

Frontlines small yep, its just called Frontlines in advanced server search I think. From what I recall Hamada has 3, Narvik has 2, Twisted steel 2, Arras 1, Rotterdam 1, Aerodrome 1 possibly 2. Lots of fun.

That sounds fun, are there planes too on say Fjell?
  • Caramac_D
    I'm pretty sure there are no planes at all which is why its so great :p
  • DukeSan27
    1157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Yeah I find that really annoying, especially when you can’t team switch, but I understand why they’ve done it.

I gave up playing Ops. Too many maps with no tanks, sometimes on one side, sometimes on other and no team switch.

In BF1 I could play all Ops with Tanks.

• CloneTrooperCT
    241 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Breakthrough is just operation mode from bf1.

And as tanker you only get attack from the front where the attackers are coming.

Conquest is open map.
  • WinterWarhurst
    DukeSan27 wrote: »

I gave up playing Ops. Too many maps with no tanks, sometimes on one side, sometimes on other and no team switch.

In BF1 I could play all Ops with Tanks.

I guess you can always wait or simply play some infantry!