EAs Battlefield currency is coming

13»

Comments

• ackers75
    2285 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach wrote: »
    Psycomad wrote: »
    Due to microtransactions and gambling boxes i might not buy Anthem. I bought this game due to the discount.
    I newer play bf1, don't know why it says i have.

Today's AAA games the 60€/$ you pay for a game is an entry fee, rest of activitys cost money.
    Like an amusement park

IT IS YOUR CHOICE to buy the premium currency for strictly cosmetics. Dice isn't holding your hand forcing you to. Btw, dice is doing away with loot boxes. There will be shipments each week for deluxe holders that will be free. That's it.

Produceing microtransaction content takes resources, look at this game, it's not even ready and they are pushing cosmetics.
    You are defending a company that took Belgium to court, because they weren't aloud too recruit kids to gambling.

And 'no one is forcing you' is a kids argument.

Complaining about buying a premium currency isn't? If you don't want to buy it or like cosmetics don't buy the premium currency or get new cosmetics. The only reason why the premium currency is being added is because it's extra revenue for this game to keep it going. Look at how successful fortnite has become turning itself into a billion dollar company with microtransactions based on a free game. Pubg has also hit that mark. Sales only pushed it a 5th of the way. But is anyone complaining about micro transactions in those titles? That answer is no because it's optional.

Fortnite is a F2P Title that isnt the Number X with a long line of successfull predecessors. And the game itself worked based on the tecnical aspect so people could enjoy it in its basic status. Pubg had tecnical issues ( and still has ) but had the smell of " new " when it came to Battle Royal. The cheaters on the other hand are still a major problem.

EA sees only the money Fortnite made ( or Rockstar with GTA ) but doesnt see or care that the abolut ground level for this is a functioning game where the basic gameplay is working. Especially when you expect people to buy a full price for that and not early access.
    Battlefield V lacks content, has major Bugs, horrible gameplay decisions combined with balance supported by a marketing campaign that was spitting in the players faces.
    And now that want even more money for this ? 50 $ ( and in Europe it will be for sure 50€ ) cards - which is more than the game actually costs - while that game is still a Beta. And people defending that....

I see your point between the two games. But, I am curious... What major bugs? The only major bug I've seen is the TTD. For all the other bugs? I've found ways around them and this game is very much playable for a "beta" it's definitely one of the best betas too. Btw, I'll defend this game until March when firestorm comes out. If UI bugs are not polished, TTD is still a problem only then will I scold dice for not doing their job at fixing this game up.
    You can’t make this stuff up......
    Your working a way round the bugs, how about not having to do that isn’t that a novel idea!

You talk about dice doing there job on fixing the game..........they didn’t do their job MAKING IT

Why does the video game industry seem to get a free pass on blatantly broke games?
  • ackers75
    2285 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    They scrapped premium and has to make money somehow.

A lot of us older players don't really understand this cosmetic thing, but some people will use money on it and thats their business not mine (or any others for that sake).

As long as weapons is still obtainable through playing the game without too much grind, I don't really care. It will not affect me in any way, If the game is good then I will play it, with cosmetics or not.

If cosmetics can help keep the playerbase healthy for longer, so be it.

I don't think the people making cosmetics are the same people fixing bugs in the game, so this should not really change much for the state of the game.

Cosmetics on top of a working, functioning, fun game that helds everything its promised ?
    Okay, i can live with that as long as its not changing the gameplay balance or atmosphere.
    Cosmetics on top of dumpster Fire that is called Battlefield V ?
    NO! Focus on the important things first!

Give it a rest dude.

You think the graphics artists working on cosmetics have anything to do with fixing major issues such as TTD, infinite loading screens, playing with friends, etc, etc?

You can only buy cosmetics, as cso777 said, a lot of use don't care for skins. But if people want to buy them and help support the game, then so be it.
    What am I listening to here lol........
    Help and support a game that was sold to the consumer with obvious known issues.

It seems many gamers now have lost touch with reality
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

A lot of us older players don't really understand this cosmetic thing, but some people will use money on it and thats their business not mine (or any others for that sake).

As long as weapons is still obtainable through playing the game without too much grind, I don't really care. It will not affect me in any way, If the game is good then I will play it, with cosmetics or not.

I don't think the people making cosmetics are the same people fixing bugs in the game, so this should not really change much for the state of the game.

Cosmetics on top of a working, functioning, fun game that helds everything its promised ?
    Okay, i can live with that as long as its not changing the gameplay balance or atmosphere.

Give it a rest dude.

You think the graphics artists working on cosmetics have anything to do with fixing major issues such as TTD, infinite loading screens, playing with friends, etc, etc?

You can only buy cosmetics, as cso777 said, a lot of use don't care for skins. But if people want to buy them and help support the game, then so be it.

You dont my point do you ?
    There are always people who will spend money on a product no matter how broken it is.
    BUT ! More people will spend money when said people are happy with the game. And a working and finished game attracts more people which statiscally will increase the player base which could and will pay for cosmetics.

And about the question how this could turn to pay-to-win. I can already see certain differences when it comes to vehicle Skins. The basic tiger skin is pretty visible, also from the air on most Maps with the exception of Hamada. The Skin of " The last Tiger " becomes a different story from the air. Same now with the stock skin of the british AA.
    Where are for example the extras like the leafs on the MG42 we saw in that horrible first Trailer ?
    Will be this a thing for premium Skins, together with these extras on helmets which can clearly change the visibility ?
    When it comes to EA, everything is possible. And when dealing with EA, everything means most of the times - the worst.

I think we can all agree this whole community is sick of bugs and we want them fixed asap. I'm not happy about the state of the game and how it was released, I had a mate stop playing because of the issues we've had simply trying to play together. I believe bugs are the biggest factor to how poorly BFV has been received.

In saying that, I have no problem with cosmetics being purchasable in the game currently, if done right. Servers need to be paid for and players will spend money for cosmetics. I don't think cosmetics being introduced are P2W either. Having a few leaves on the barrel of a gun is not going to make him blend into the scenery and introducing more skins for tanks isn't a big deal, they may even stand out more.
  • diagoro
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Delux version likely gets some cheesy, easy to make skins. Meanwjile, the good stuff goes for a ton of coin, which trickles in.

Keep in mind, you also need CC to upgrafe weapons. This, and the near instant price cut, just makes the whole marketing plan stink so far.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

Give it a rest dude.

You dont my point do you ?
    There are always people who will spend money on a product no matter how broken it is.
    BUT ! More people will spend money when said people are happy with the game. And a working and finished game attracts more people which statiscally will increase the player base which could and will pay for cosmetics.

And about the question how this could turn to pay-to-win. I can already see certain differences when it comes to vehicle Skins. The basic tiger skin is pretty visible, also from the air on most Maps with the exception of Hamada. The Skin of " The last Tiger " becomes a different story from the air. Same now with the stock skin of the british AA.
    Where are for example the extras like the leafs on the MG42 we saw in that horrible first Trailer ?
    Will be this a thing for premium Skins, together with these extras on helmets which can clearly change the visibility ?
    When it comes to EA, everything is possible. And when dealing with EA, everything means most of the times - the worst.

I think we can all agree this whole community is sick of bugs and we want them fixed asap. I'm not happy about the state of the game and how it was released, I had a mate stop playing because of the issues we've had simply trying to play together. I believe bugs are the biggest factor to how poorly BFV has been received.

In saying that, I have no problem with cosmetics being purchasable in the game currently, if done right. Servers need to be paid for and players will spend money for cosmetics. I don't think cosmetics being introduced are P2W either. Having a few leaves on the barrel of a gun is not going to make him blend into the scenery and introducing more skins for tanks isn't a big deal, they may even stand out more.

But its not just that. A game developer that gives me clear vision for the future and by that showing me that he believes in his product and that his product will continue in the future, gives me a reason to spend a certain amount of money.
    Maybe - besides all the bugs etc - i would say i am willing to pay for the cosmetics of - for example - a german tank driver /commander.
    First Dice would have to make clear that are willing to give me option to change the gender!
    After that i would like to know for certain that i can use this tank commander - together with the Tank - on more maps then the ones which are currently in the game. And against other factions ! Without even saying loud and clear that factions like the Russian/USA/Japan will come - why should i spend money ? Not even mentioning that the most expansive skins are for Vehicles that in my opinion are treated by Dice like Lepers!
    Where is the roadmap besides " In March you get Battle Royal folks! " which seems like Dice only and last straw.
  • Sleepyhed666
    51 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Let's also not forget were talking about EA. You really think them adding this company coin and making a few extra thousands of dollars is all of the sudden going to help them fix the core problems of this game? They're not hurting for cash, They're just trying to milk this dying cow for whatever it has left in it.
  • Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i prefer to think Greece is coming. HAHAHA

Cant wait until march...
  • hawkseye17
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    hawkseye17 wrote: »
    This is just the first step in making this game a pay-to-win

Please illustrate that for us.

First they say it is for cosmetics, then they say it is to buy new weapons, then for getting CC. It all starts this way, you just wait.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

First they say it is for cosmetics, then they say it is to buy new weapons, then for getting CC. It all starts this way, you just wait.

No it's not lol... Premium is going to be completely separate from CC. I am pretty sure EA learned their lesson from SW:BF2.
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    narnold700 wrote: »
    Due to microtransactions and gambling boxes i might not buy Anthem. I bought this game due to the discount.
    I newer play bf1, don't know why it says i have.

Today's AAA games the 60€/$ you pay for a game is an entry fee, rest of activitys cost money.
    Like an amusement park

Well this is inflation hard at work. The truth is the up front purchase price of the best games has not gone up that much over the years but development costs have and there's been industry consolidation. This is why when you purchase a game now it tends to be an unfinished product or less product in general. If you paid the true full price of many of the good games out there now you'd be looking at having to drop anywhere from $100 on the low end to perhaps as much as $150 on the higher end. The industry of course knows a lot of people would have trouble stomaching those prices for a single game which is part of the reason we have the system we do. Hollywood has kind of drifted in a similar direction over the years minus buying half a movie, well sort of. In the end I see both the gaming industry and Hollywood moving over to subscription only models of business. This will make it even easier for customers to stomach the increasing costs imposed by inflation and development.

The development costs for AAA may have risen but the costs for storing and selling are going down, especially with cheap internet access and Digital sales.
    The real reason for half finished games lies somewhere else. Video games as a media product make more money than every other media product like movies and music combined. This changed the industry and attracted shareholders. These shareholders have an interest in revenue which is totally normal. They dont care about the product behind that. Companies like EA try several things to ensure its shareholders that the revenue is safe, DRM is in fact one tool for that although is really isnt working. But it works towards the shareholders as a placebo.
    With shareholders and revenue are coming quarterly figures and that! is heavily influencing the product. The game isnt finished ? Doesnt matter we need to get it out, the rest can come later because the costumers are already always on.

Now comes the other part. Games like FIFA, Fortnite and GTA Online showed the companies that there are more than enough people out there who will pay - in relation - an insane amount of real money for cheap cosmetics that are very fast ( and cheap ) produced but sold for a high price. They take less time to make in relation to Single player content and you can create a lot of content just by cutting orginal content from the main game.

I bet that we will see this here in BF V where ranks and insignia for soldiers should be a common thing, maybe even in combination with gameplay progress. Why not earning/getting an iron Cross or Knights Cross once you reach a certain amount of Kills/finished Objectives etc ? Something that would be visible on your Uniform ?

Companies like CD Project are showing the difference. A high Quality product that gets fair priced Add-Ons filled with content that doesnt feel like it should belong in the main game. And people reward that.

A great post.
  • inpham0usV1
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As long as we can grind out CC reliably and they don't lock skins solely behind Boins, then I am not too bothered. The skins we have so far are all fairly 'meh' so at least this might make them put some better designed gear in.

Yeah...but nobody's been able to accrue CC after rank 50 since launch. I'd say that's more of a priority than some new currency that needs real money.

No. Fix the game first and then we can talk about micro-transactions.
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Let's also not forget were talking about EA. You really think them adding this company coin and making a few extra thousands of dollars is all of the sudden going to help them fix the core problems of this game? They're not hurting for cash, They're just trying to milk this dying cow for whatever it has left in it.

This.
  • plasticman883
    edited December 2018

No it's not lol... Premium is going to be completely separate from CC. I am pretty sure EA learned their lesson from SW:BF2.

lol sure thing.

They've released an unfinished product and are now crowbarring micro-transactions in less than 3 months after release. You don't get this do you? They CGAF about "Battlefield", they care about their quarterly returns and bonuses.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

lol sure thing.

They've released an unfinished product and are now crowbarring micro-transactions in less than 3 months after release. You don't get this do you? They CGAF about "Battlefield", they care about their quarterly returns and bonuses.

We can all think what we want, but players that think that dice will make their flagship pay to win is delusional.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1039 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

lol sure thing.

We can all think what we want, but players that think that dice will make their flagship pay to win is delusional.

Not really that. If Battlefront 2 never happened BFV would look A LOT different. A doubt they'd be stupid enough to repeat those mistakes so soon.
  • smokintom214

lol sure thing.

Not really that. If Battlefront 2 never happened BFV would look A LOT different. A doubt they'd be stupid enough to repeat those mistakes so soon.

More reason why dice isn't going to make anything pay to win in BFV it would crush them and any future battlefield title.
  • Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I say let them, A way to spend money on cosmetics,okay, but at least make the cosmetics good and able to obtain with ingame currency. I bet they had countless hours of content ready for cosmetics, shoot EA the group people who charged for used online games, massive amounts of cosmetics.

With how EA Dice handled Battlefield 5, i wouldn't expect anything less (I also expect more bad ideas from the battle royal release. The game wouldn't be so bad if the studio behind it played video games over just trying to make their next paycheck, like Rockstar, CD Project Red,Treyarch, Raven Software and Beenox. It must be hard to be a game creator, when you don't play games.

I really wonder how much got cut from the game before that trailer, It would be nice to know what the team had. No real gamer wants a WW2 shooter, i want my chopper back already from Dice. They have been chopper blocking for 5 years now, what the.

I wouldn't care if one could dress them self as Barney the Dinosaur or Donald Drumpf. Add anything they want, still not going to bring the mass back, the game is boring. (Off Topic) What i just can't understand is, What the hell happened at Dice for them to release BFV. They can at this very moment load up the template of Battlefield 3, 4 in the studio and add stuff, Why make games look and play this bad in 2018?

I dislike the graphics to BFV a lot, I had no issues with BF3 or BF4. Shoot make BF3 with hardcore the normal (no spots / friendly fire you casuals) (keep the blue) massive pile of weapons that take awhile to unlock with a BR mode no single player, like come on Dice.

(I do mean what i say about Dice not being gamers, If they game they do it at the office only if they're getting paid.)
  • windtear
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    there are only 3-4 U.S servers left standing after merely a month of release, I guess they can sell whatever they want to the German