Mouse & Keyboard support?

Comments

• full951
    2109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    V99999 wrote: »
    OK native mouse and keyboard but it
    full951 wrote: »
    It's console not pc the only people doing that stuff are looking for an advantage. The people that want to play m&k VS control users are also seeking and advantage. For the most part people buy consoles to play casually on tvs. I honestly don't want to play against some person sitting at a desk 14 inches away from the screen. I'm sorry that's just too sweaty. I feel you should either git gud or stick to a pc imo.

people are not looking for an advantage, they are looking for a control method that enhances their ability, not stifle it. controllers are fine and are even preferable for specific games or specific actions with in a game like flying. but they are not the best way to play a shooter. that doesn't make mouse and keyboard cheating. you can't stop it. you don't get to decide who you play against. and you certainly have zero say on what platform people should use. there's no reason anyone should not be able to play their entire Microsoft games library where they want, on whatever windows 10 device they want, the way they choose. especially when its a smart choice. (hint: that's what Phil Spencer is doing).

If you want to buy a console to play casually on your couch with a controller. that will Never be taken from you. you will however remain unable to dictate anyone's actions. especially that of market demand. you don't think the are making a branded mouse and keyboard set just to see what will happen do you? they know you're gonna **** and moan about it. doesn't matter, wether it's first party or third party support, every day people learn they are not required to use a controller and they have options. it's a beautiful thing actually. it's evolving right before us. you see the changes don't you? it's never going back.

No gaming company is going to mix controllers vs mkb. They tried it with lost planet on 360 it was a disaster. The top players on controller lost to average pc gamers. You can keep smoking whatever you want but I'd wave bye bye to the idea that you'll be put in lobbies with control users.

not at first. lobbies of course will separated initially. but once more people start playing non shooters with MnK. the separate lobbys in shooters will die fast.
  • alexb18
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's console not pc the only people doing that stuff are looking for an advantage. The people that want to play m&k VS control users are also seeking and advantage. For the most part people buy consoles to play casually on tvs. I honestly don't want to play against some person sitting at a desk 14 inches away from the screen. I'm sorry that's just too sweaty. I feel you should either git gud or stick to a pc imo.

people are not looking for an advantage, they are looking for a control method that enhances their ability, not stifle it. controllers are fine and are even preferable for specific games or specific actions with in a game like flying. but they are not the best way to play a shooter. that doesn't make mouse and keyboard cheating. you can't stop it. you don't get to decide who you play against. and you certainly have zero say on what platform people should use. there's no reason anyone should not be able to play their entire Microsoft games library where they want, on whatever windows 10 device they want, the way they choose. especially when its a smart choice. (hint: that's what Phil Spencer is doing).

If you want to buy a console to play casually on your couch with a controller. that will Never be taken from you. you will however remain unable to dictate anyone's actions. especially that of market demand. you don't think the are making a branded mouse and keyboard set just to see what will happen do you? they know you're gonna **** and moan about it. doesn't matter, wether it's first party or third party support, every day people learn they are not required to use a controller and they have options. it's a beautiful thing actually. it's evolving right before us. you see the changes don't you? it's never going back.

No gaming company is going to mix controllers vs mkb. They tried it with lost planet on 360 it was a disaster. The top players on controller lost to average pc gamers. You can keep smoking whatever you want but I'd wave bye bye to the idea that you'll be put in lobbies with control users.

What about Fortnite? They have had no issues to my knowledge..
  • shawzack50
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In my personal opinion Mixing Controller with Mouse and Keyboard could be rather bad for the community and game. I don't know how the GoW cross play went when they ran Computers Vs Console players , But in Sea of Thieves when you cross PC mouse and Keyboard Vs Controller , There is a clear difference in how they play vs each other. The fact i can out 360 a controller with my Mouse is fun , but rather unfair against the slower Controller. Being able to rotate like a Mouse on a controller would force a player to learn and play on a max turning speed or on a speed that they are uncomfortable with. I understand being a PC player and wanting that on a console , but it's the reason they put it on the PC. As someone said above "I would love MK on Console cause i was on PC for awhile , but left for financial reasons" , That would be nice , but in turn causes the same issues that PC play currently has to where if someones system is better then someone else's , they gain that minor advantage. I have yet to play on an Xbox One X and compare BFV on one of those to my 1st gen One , But if the update internals have the same effect as PCs , it won't turn out well. I am not saying i am anywhere near good when it comes to BFV , but i know my way around and i probably have outplayed those on the One S and One X. So the internals might not make a difference , But not everyone plays at a desk and monitor hardcore as others. Yes i play at Desk and Monitors , But personally i wouldn't want Mouse and Keyboard support. If i wanted to play with Mouse and Keyboard , I would buy it for my okish PC.

To summarize , I personally don't think it could be healthy for everyone , But we all play differently.

Best of luck in future battles !
  • raditz112
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    shawzack50 wrote: »
    ...But personally i wouldn't want Mouse and Keyboard support. If i wanted to play with Mouse and Keyboard , I would buy it for my okish PC.

You didn't play too much MP on PC lately if you say that. The only reason I bought a console was, I got sick of cheaters on PC. Enough is enough. This really is out of control now. There are even services out there, with a monthly fee and automatic cheat-updates. Just google it and see the horror for yourself. PC is not an option anymore to play any online games.
    As I mentioned before, I grew up on PC and can't really learn these "controllers"... So I clearly have a disadvantage here. What's up with that? I don't think it's OK as consoles are sold with controllers in the box; if it was fine, PC would never have had controller support for any games in the first place, as those are sold with a keyboard in the box...
    I don't know who was the idiot who designed "controllers" with two mini-joysticks, instead of adding a trackball to the right hand, but that's the way it is. As of now. Yet things change. What if a controller with a trackball comes out? And how about these "elite controllers"? From what I read, these are superior to "normal" ones. Should these also be banned / unsupported?
    One last thing. I hear left and right that keys & mouse is a huge advantage vs controller in FPS, but I also hear left and right this is not true. I think it would be a smart first step to find out what the facts are around this, then decide about different lobbies for different input devices. To me, it feels like casual players have issues around this. Watched a few videos with good "controller" players and honestly, the way these guys play FPS feels like magic to me...
    Either way, technology & development cannot be stopped, keys & mouse are here for consoles and (IMHO) should be supported as input devices (yes, by BF V as well). The only question is around advantages/disadvantages and solutions around that, like different lobbies based either on skill or input device, maybe both.
    Thanks for reading this.
  • alexb18
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    raditz112 wrote: »
    shawzack50 wrote: »
    ...But personally i wouldn't want Mouse and Keyboard support. If i wanted to play with Mouse and Keyboard , I would buy it for my okish PC.

You didn't play too much MP on PC lately if you say that. The only reason I bought a console was, I got sick of cheaters on PC. Enough is enough. This really is out of control now. There are even services out there, with a monthly fee and automatic cheat-updates. Just google it and see the horror for yourself. PC is not an option anymore to play any online games.
    As I mentioned before, I grew up on PC and can't really learn these "controllers"... So I clearly have a disadvantage here. What's up with that? I don't think it's OK as consoles are sold with controllers in the box; if it was fine, PC would never have had controller support for any games in the first place, as those are sold with a keyboard in the box...
    I don't know who was the idiot who designed "controllers" with two mini-joysticks, instead of adding a trackball to the right hand, but that's the way it is. As of now. Yet things change. What if a controller with a trackball comes out? And how about these "elite controllers"? From what I read, these are superior to "normal" ones. Should these also be banned / unsupported?
    One last thing. I hear left and right that keys & mouse is a huge advantage vs controller in FPS, but I also hear left and right this is not true. I think it would be a smart first step to find out what the facts are around this, then decide about different lobbies for different input devices. To me, it feels like casual players have issues around this. Watched a few videos with good "controller" players and honestly, the way these guys play FPS feels like magic to me...
    Either way, technology & development cannot be stopped, keys & mouse are here for consoles and (IMHO) should be supported as input devices (yes, by BF V as well). The only question is around advantages/disadvantages and solutions around that, like different lobbies based either on skill or input device, maybe both.
    Thanks for reading this.

Thank You! AMEN
  • Adumbscreename
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Solution = XIM
  • der_Metatron
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WOT

If they slow the MnK down to Controller levels I will have no Problem at all. If MnK becomes a big thing, then I am out playing PvP shooters on Consoles.

• ackers75
    1888 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    alexb18 wrote: »

What about Fortnite? They have had no issues to my knowledge..

That’s because kb/m players get put with pc players, and rightly so
  • xxShiftyxxx
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People who use M-K on Xbox are the people who get owned on PC. Console is for Controller only and the only way it should be. You want to play with M-K stay on your PC. Learn to adapt to a controller. We all had too. Complete Fu—n joke introducing M-K to Console 🤬🖕
  • Adumbscreename
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A decent gaming PC cost 2x to 3x more than any Xbox... Since the XboxoneX came out.... It's delivered almost par performance with entry lvl gaming PC. Alot of the people I used to PC game with can't afford it anymore... & Made the switch. There's really not an upper hand w/ M&Kb... Although the XIM provides a 1/1 experience.. There are so many people who have modded controllers... They kind of go hand n hand. It just comes down to what your comfortable with. To sum it up... There are a hella lotta peeps doing both. I use the controller for everything ... Other than shooters.
  • ackers75
    1888 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    A decent gaming PC cost 2x to 3x more than any Xbox... Since the XboxoneX came out.... It's delivered almost par performance with entry lvl gaming PC. Alot of the people I used to PC game with can't afford it anymore... & Made the switch. There's really not an upper hand w/ M&Kb... Although the XIM provides a 1/1 experience.. There are so many people who have modded controllers... They kind of go hand n hand. It just comes down to what your comfortable with. To sum it up... There are a hella lotta peeps doing both. I use the controller for everything ... Other than shooters.

A modded controller is not even remotely the same as kb/m.
    Controlling aim with thumb or with your hand is what it’s basically about and your hand will be a darn sight more accurate than a bloody thumb!
  • shaunUK24
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Want to use a keyboard and mouse?
    Buy a PC
  • full951
    2109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WOT

If they slow the MnK down to Controller levels I will have no Problem at all. If MnK becomes a big thing, then I am out playing PvP shooters on Consoles.

this is how all third party Adapters work. they all operate within the bounds of what a controller can do. they do not change the rules
  • full951
    People who use M-K on Xbox are the people who get owned on PC. Console is for Controller only and the only way it should be. You want to play with M-K stay on your PC. Learn to adapt to a controller. We all had too. Complete Fu—n joke introducing M-K to Console 🤬🖕

the people who use mouse and keyboard on console are by and large all console gamers. the pc players who do use one are those who are playing with their friends who don't have a gaming pc. that's a good thing. using a mouse and keyboard is adapting.
  • full951
    ackers75 wrote: »

Controlling aim with thumb or with your hand is what it’s basically about and your hand will be a darn sight more accurate than a bloody thumb!

yeah. and that's a bad thing why?
  • LordVader666
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

A level playing field which you wouldn’t have if mixed in with controller players.

Saying that if you stick kb/m players in cross play with the PC lot that’d be fair, I assume you’d be ok with that or do you just want an unfair advantage?
  • OskooI_007
    258 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 8
    The list of console games supporting MnK is growing! Gears 5 Confirmed to Feature Official Mouse & Keyboard Support at CES.

xbox_one_mouse_keyboard_list_1.jpg
    xbox_one_mouse_keyboard_list_2.jpg

https://wccftech.com/gears-5-confirmed-mouse-keyboard-support/

Come on DICE, add Battlefield to the list so I can ditch PC gaming and move to console. I'm sick of all the cheating on PC.
  • ackers75
    More than happy if battlefield v gets kb/m support as long as lobbies are separated.
    You can’t put them against pc players due to 2 different tick rates.
  • full951

A level playing field which you wouldn’t have if mixed in with controller players.

Saying that if you stick kb/m players in cross play with the PC lot that’d be fair, I assume you’d be ok with that or do you just want an unfair advantage?

I'm talking about emulators. yes I don't think native pc should mix with controllers without consent
  • Adumbscreename
    OskooI_007 wrote: »
    The list of console games supporting MnK is growing! Gears 5 Confirmed to Feature Official Mouse & Keyboard Support at CES.

xbox_one_mouse_keyboard_list_1.jpg
    xbox_one_mouse_keyboard_list_2.jpg

https://wccftech.com/gears-5-confirmed-mouse-keyboard-support/

Come on DICE, add Battlefield to the list so I can ditch PC gaming and move to console. I'm sick of all the cheating on PC.

It's already on the XIM4 list.... Move on over brother.