Nerf bunny hopping

Comments

• V2Face
    2688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    V2Face wrote: »
    You players complaining about bunny hopping would rather they reduce the movement speed by 50% and make them stand still while you shoot at them, git gud seriously. It’s viable because the TTK is so low and players get a jump on you, it’s either stand still and die or move around hopping like a maniac. Every kill should be earned not rewarded.

No one said anything about reducing movement speed by 50%, you’re just creating a straw man because you can bare to lose bunny hopping

Why dont you git gud at killing hostiles before they kill you without bunny hopping instead of crying at your crutch being taken away

Funny, I never mentioned using bunny hopping. I’m sorry that you have a hard time aiming though, make sure you don’t panic in CQ and you will get your kills I promise.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You players complaining about bunny hopping would rather they reduce the movement speed by 50% and make them stand still while you shoot at them, git gud seriously. It’s viable because the TTK is so low and players get a jump on you, it’s either stand still and die or move around hopping like a maniac. Every kill should be earned not rewarded.

No one said anything about reducing movement speed by 50%, you’re just creating a straw man because you can bare to lose bunny hopping

Why dont you git gud at killing hostiles before they kill you without bunny hopping instead of crying at your crutch being taken away

Funny, I never mentioned using bunny hopping. I’m sorry that you have a hard time aiming though, make sure you don’t panic in CQ and you will get your kills I promise.

That's what I said.. someone had to come to the forums and complain about how they couldn't hit a jumping Target lol...
  • maggotforl133
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think they should remove the delay from shooting after going prone and standing up from it. In what world could you not pull the trigger while getting up and down
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    803 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd be in full agreeance if it wasn't so difficult to traverse the conquest maps already and ptfo. Bunny hopping gives me a chance to joke the 3 snipers shooting me from 200m out so I can take cover behind this rock.

I agree that you shouldn't be able to jump during firefights but i actually don't see anyone doing this(playing on ps4) so im not sure what the complaint is for unless the OP is tired of getting his sniper rounds juked.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What blackwall said. I only jump when I don't want to be headshotted from across the map as I'm traversing open grounds. And jumping once on a stretch of say 5-7m or so distance, to get behind cover, isn't what bunny hopping is. Real bunny hopping is when you spam it and/or use it during a faceoff while firing your weapon. And I HAVENT SEEN (NOT EVEN ONCE) a guy jump while we were firing at each other. If you're asking for jumping to be removed, than it really sounds like you are asking for easy headshots from a scout's perspective which I think is mostly an excuse/placebo you made in your mind why you can't get kills.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What blackwall said. I only jump when I don't want to be headshotted from across the map as I'm traversing open grounds. And jumping once on a stretch of say 5-7m or so distance, to get behind cover, isn't what bunny hopping is. Real bunny hopping is when you spam it and/or use it during a faceoff while firing your weapon. And I HAVENT SEEN (NOT EVEN ONCE) a guy jump while we were firing at each other. If you're asking for jumping to be removed, than it really sounds like you are asking for easy headshots from a scout's perspective which I think is mostly an excuse/placebo you made in your mind why you can't get kills.

What? Sprinting speed is already insane and headbobbing is apparently worse than in any other title, you really need more help crossing an open area?
  • FF-Bulletsponge
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think they should remove the delay from shooting after going prone and standing up from it. In what world could you not pull the trigger while getting up and down

Go to a shooting range and try to shoot while getting up from the prone position
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It would make sense to remove the ability to shoot while jumping. That would make the jump a movement mechanic and not a combat mechanic.
  • Ninja_da_Noite
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cod kids having bfv for xmas... It will pass
  • -Eagleye68
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For me , moving and being harder to hit is fine. The problem is doing all this while firing at full auto into a targets head. There should definitely be some kind of accuracy for shooting while moving. The ADAD spam is a mechanic which should not be encouraged.
  • Sleepyhed666
    51 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All the bugs and broken stuff in this game and y'all are blowing up about people jumping. JFC..
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Must be why we are seeing a crap ton of proner and bipoders this weekend again.. I thought they were all done with all that lmfao
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

What? Sprinting speed is already insane and headbobbing is apparently worse than in any other title, you really need more help crossing an open area?

There's no "headbobbing. Mov. Speed is similar to bf1, the ADAD spam isn't as problematic (tho still is a bit) and the heads' hitboxes are freaking huge compared to previous titles.
  • herodes87
    1290 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Cheap noob tactic. Same as ADAD Spam.
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    It would make sense to remove the ability to shoot while jumping. That would make the jump a movement mechanic and not a combat mechanic.

Agreed.

I said earlier that I don’t want jump to be removed because it is useful for moving around.

Bunny hopping isn’t all that prevalent but I still come across people who do it and people who jump into corners.

For the people who say, ‘oh just do it yourself’, why not just prevent people shoot whilst in the air or increase the recoil penalty whilst airborne? The latter would also be realistic
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Must be why we are seeing a crap ton of proner and bipoders this weekend again.. I thought they were all done with all that lmfao

There was also an order to kill x people whilst bipoded. They really need to stop issuing orders that just encourage camping lol
  • mf_shro0m

I think they should get rid of the penalty for getting up from prone and I’ve voiced it before

The penalty for going prone exists to prevent dropshotting. Given that that exists, I think it’s only fair that jump shooting carry a penalty
  • mf_shro0m
    I'd be in full agreeance if it wasn't so difficult to traverse the conquest maps already and ptfo. Bunny hopping gives me a chance to joke the 3 snipers shooting me from 200m out so I can take cover behind this rock.

I agree that you shouldn't be able to jump during firefights but i actually don't see anyone doing this(playing on ps4) so im not sure what the complaint is for unless the OP is tired of getting his sniper rounds juked.

I barely play as recon.

As I said, it’s not that prevalent but the solution’s really simple

Sometimes someone’ll jumpshot me on a corner, I’ll deal 90+ damage and die and I’ll just be like “oh f*** off”
  • mf_shro0m

For someone who’s suggesting that they don’t bunny hop or jumpshot you sure are keen to keep it in the game
  • ITS_BOB_GNARLY
    2190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bunny hopping is a problem in BFV?

You learn something new every day.