Weekly Debrief

Save eyes!!

Tony-yingc
82 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
The contrast between light and shade is carzy! My eyes are going blind on snow map , when i scanning dark corners or stay near the windows, we should know that a lot of blue rays will hurt human eyes. These can cause epilepsy and myopia!

Comments

• hawkseye17
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lower your brightness
  • Tony-yingc
    edited December 2018
    hawkseye17 wrote: »
    Lower your brightness

It's not about brightness. it's about contrast. too bright and too dark. There's usually a gray excess.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6784 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, the contrast is awful in this game. But it's the frostbite engine, same with BF1.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    The only thing that bothers me is how DARK the indoor environments are. Sometimes it feels like you're looking for black silhouettes in a pitch black room, and if you're attacking from the outside it gives the people inside a ridiculous advantage which I'm totally NOT OK with (especially since it encourages camping).

Otherwise, I think the lighting/contrast/image quality is shockingly good by DICE standards. And at least we don't have the atrocious blinding sun from Battlefield 3 and 4!

bf3high-10.jpg
  • Tony-yingc
    The only thing that bothers me is how DARK the indoor environments are. Sometimes it feels like you're looking for black silhouettes in a pitch black room, and if you're attacking from the outside it gives the people inside a ridiculous advantage which I'm totally NOT OK with (especially since it encourages camping).

Otherwise, I think the lighting/contrast/image quality is shockingly good by DICE standards. And at least we don't have the atrocious blinding sun from Battlefield 3 and 4!

bf3high-10.jpg

yes!!! I mean that, my eyes!!!
  • Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The sun in the game is hard to look at, these game creators do an amazing job.
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Turn off HDR also I found helps alot with this.
  • Catsonspeeed
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I saved my eyes just by starting to use a monitor instead of TV. Haven't had any seizures yet!
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's bad. I remember the fog in BF1 being the same. It was like staring into a floodlight.
  • DANNYonPC
    255 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Still need sunglasses DLC
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2911 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This has been an issue since Alpha. You lower brightness to reduce eye melting contrast, then walk into a house in Roterdam and it's pitch black.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This has been an issue since Alpha. You lower brightness to reduce eye melting contrast, then walk into a house in Roterdam and it's pitch black.

Lighting has been an issue of some sort since BF3. DICE seems to worry more about aesthetics than player comfort and gameplay, like how they never got rid of the blue filter in BF3, never fixed the fog issues in BF1, and so far have done nothing for the contrast issues in BFV.