Recon class is absolutely worthless. Dice I know you can fix this.

1568101123

Comments

  • gets__tilted
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile wrote: »
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    Overhaul recon weapon damage.
    The snipers with the highest damage should be OHK to the torso and head at ranges <75m, the mid damage recon weapons should be OHK to the chest and head at <75m.
    The semi-auto ones should be two shot kill anywhere but the head which is a OHK at <150m and a two shot kill anywhere past 150m.
    At ranges 75m+ the high damage and mid damage become OHK to chest and head.
    At 150m+ mid damage snipers become OHK to head only whilst the high damage can still OHK to the chest.
    This would allow recons to stick with their squads and PTFO and more broadly encourage recons to get closer to targets

    Want to make the most of the damage buff? Get close boy

    No this is way way too strong a buff. No OHK to anything other than the head. Period.

    SLR damage is fine as it is. Improve rate of fire perhaps and recoil.

    With regards to bolt actions. Simply apply BF1 damage and velocity models but remove the sweet spot mechanic. Higher min and max damages than they are currently but capped at around 90 for point blank range. Damage should drop off to 72 at range. I think every single PTFO scout will agree to this.

    With regards to gadgets make the flare radius equivalent to BF1 and increase duration but keep the ability to shoot it down as a good counter.

    Why even have recon, it is useless to even try. Recon was a feared class. Not anymore.

    You misunderstood. I want recon to get a much needed damage buff. But a OHK to the chest out to 75m is just too OP. There should be no OHK other than a headshot. But the overall damage of the rifles needs to be increased drastically

    Everything you say is on point, however i think the class would be perfectly balanced with 1shot chest kills 5m and under.
  • Catsonspeeed
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile wrote: »
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    Overhaul recon weapon damage.
    The snipers with the highest damage should be OHK to the torso and head at ranges <75m, the mid damage recon weapons should be OHK to the chest and head at <75m.
    The semi-auto ones should be two shot kill anywhere but the head which is a OHK at <150m and a two shot kill anywhere past 150m.
    At ranges 75m+ the high damage and mid damage become OHK to chest and head.
    At 150m+ mid damage snipers become OHK to head only whilst the high damage can still OHK to the chest.
    This would allow recons to stick with their squads and PTFO and more broadly encourage recons to get closer to targets

    Want to make the most of the damage buff? Get close boy

    No this is way way too strong a buff. No OHK to anything other than the head. Period.

    SLR damage is fine as it is. Improve rate of fire perhaps and recoil.

    With regards to bolt actions. Simply apply BF1 damage and velocity models but remove the sweet spot mechanic. Higher min and max damages than they are currently but capped at around 90 for point blank range. Damage should drop off to 72 at range. I think every single PTFO scout will agree to this.

    With regards to gadgets make the flare radius equivalent to BF1 and increase duration but keep the ability to shoot it down as a good counter.

    Why even have recon, it is useless to even try. Recon was a feared class. Not anymore.

    You misunderstood. I want recon to get a much needed damage buff. But a OHK to the chest out to 75m is just too OP. There should be no OHK other than a headshot. But the overall damage of the rifles needs to be increased drastically

    Everything you say is on point, however i think the class would be perfectly balanced with 1shot chest kills 5m and under.

    That would be very very useful. :sunglasses:
  • gets__tilted
    1705 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    No, just adapt to it the way it is.
    .
    Headshots kill, other shots don't. It's tense and perfect.
    .
    I have spent many hours solo sniping or with a buddy, always loved it and in BF5 it's just as good.
    .
    Hoping to make a few videos soon with killstreaks and tips for others.

    Right on bud. I would say sniping is far more fun and rewarding than bf1 because the sweet spot was ditched.

    When i track a sprinting player and stop them with a headshot i know i earned it. Bf1 i just bodyshot and shrugged when he dropped.



    Lol, enjoy being at the bottom of the scoreboards. Anybody who plays Recon is selfish

    I also like how you didn't add anything of value to the discussion.



    I've no problem topping the leaderboard playing with my squad as a PTFO scout, countersniping other reccies and machine gunners, spotting vehicles and using the hit-spotting ability to highlight enemies for my teammate to finish off. BF has never been about serving useless hill humpers who camp for headshots, so don't ask them to accommodate your chicken crap playstyle.

    Exhibit A: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JBR70yEsfxB7Dk0Za71RXaGq94nyUAPa/view?usp=drivesdk

    Exhibit B: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J-jjWLmUqBz1p-fQOdsFH21Nor8p-kiG/view?usp=drivesdk



    Spotting does not help the team LOL. I don't need anyone to spot for me. Does it make things easier? Sure. But I've defended and captured numerous flags without some worthless recon spotting for me

    Your comment added nothing to the discussion... all you did was show yourself to be extremely contrary...

    Way to call someone out on something and then play the absolute epitome of a hypocrite by doing exactly what you called someone else out for.

    Spotting does help because you point out enemies (which can sometimes be difficult to see) and it's also a giant red button floating above everyone's heads how can you not see how that's helpful in any way

    You literally contradicted yourself with that statement... "Spotting does not help the team LOL" ...

    maxresdefault.jpg

    "Does it make things easier? Sure."

    It doesn't help to be so patronizing, yet completely contradictory in your posts, as if every thought that tumbles through your head is so clever it would be a crime for it not to be shared. Also, contrary to what you may think, anyone who plays Recon is not selfish. How does that even compute for you? That's such a bait comment it's just begging for an argument.

    Take your low quality bait elsewhere, dude. We want a legitimate discussion here, not childish accusations and inflammatory comments.



    Did you read what another poster stated? 99% of players would be better off playing the other classes. Even if you manage to finish at the top of the scoreboard (Which also doesn't mean winning) you're much more effective playing something else.

    I would like to know just how many Recon players spot. If they're so called campers, spotting is the last thing they'll do. Most of my kills are not from enemies being spotted, most are from my own awareness and eyes. And I rarely if ever see flares in the game on flags, so there's that.


    I'd much rather you play Assault to destroy tanks, Medic to revive and heal, or support to supply ammunition and repair friendly vehicles. You can also get tons more kills with those classes

    Of course other classes are powerful, still if played right recon is just fine. There is nothing DICE can do to make you better. Just get better. Another example. P.s-i have tons of clips as recon ptfo and killing multiple players.

    lol

    No offence, but the players you're up against there, like the ones I was against in my clip, aren't good. They're running around the obj, not paying attention to enemies, lying prone in the middle of the obj area in the open, and then only really taking potshots at you (and missing most of the time) or trying to use pistols to kill you.

    You're also playing on console, which is a completely different story. A lot of Console players struggle to aim. Even if they're excellent at the game, they will not be as accurate as with a mouse and keyboard.

    When I played BF1 on console, I found it very easy to play with most classes. Recon was the toughest but I enjoyed the challenge. However, on PC, I found it way easier to aim, but consequently, found myself against enemies who were, comparatively, much better players. Both my kills and my deaths increased comparatively on PC.

    Now, in BFV, Recon suddenly has massively nerfed ranges and damage output, coupled with poor sidearms. The TTK certainly is fun in most other cases, but people who want a low TTK shouldn't complain about Bolt-Action Rifles doing high damage. After all, that's exactly what they're for.

    High stopping power at long ranges with deadly accuracy. Now, you can literally just tank a full on chest shot and ignore it and move on. There's no power behind the Sniper Rifles, and that's a tremendous shame, as well as a complete imbalance.

    If you played for about 5 mins on PC, you'd probably realise what we're all talking about. Most of the other players absolutely destroy at most ranges. Except Recon. I've never seen any Recon on my teams that were top of the leaderboard, because they struggle to kill, and struggle to PTFO.

    This argument that Recon players "only want k/d" is ridiculous... it's a game... where the primary aim... is to shoot people.

    Of course they wanna be able to do that effectively. But the point is, it's not effective. Yes, against complete noobs, anyone, with any class loadout can destroy, but against the average player, (or good players), the average (or good) Recon player will suffer because of the inherent imbalance in the classes, and the weapon stats that frankly make no sense from any logical standpoint.

    Doesn't matter. This is every match basically. Can't be offended by doing the same in every lobby. Dom, tdm, conquest especially people run straight lines flag to flag. Console is harder to aim well and that is why most can't get great value from recon.

    I do it from time to time and get wrecked but i try and flank and use cover more and more. On pc there are dope snipers way better than any class. I figured this was all console people complaining? Snipers smash on pc as mouse aim is generally better. Again its a user thing.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    No, just adapt to it the way it is.
    .
    Headshots kill, other shots don't. It's tense and perfect.
    .
    I have spent many hours solo sniping or with a buddy, always loved it and in BF5 it's just as good.
    .
    Hoping to make a few videos soon with killstreaks and tips for others.

    Right on bud. I would say sniping is far more fun and rewarding than bf1 because the sweet spot was ditched.

    When i track a sprinting player and stop them with a headshot i know i earned it. Bf1 i just bodyshot and shrugged when he dropped.



    Lol, enjoy being at the bottom of the scoreboards. Anybody who plays Recon is selfish

    I also like how you didn't add anything of value to the discussion.



    I've no problem topping the leaderboard playing with my squad as a PTFO scout, countersniping other reccies and machine gunners, spotting vehicles and using the hit-spotting ability to highlight enemies for my teammate to finish off. BF has never been about serving useless hill humpers who camp for headshots, so don't ask them to accommodate your chicken crap playstyle.

    Exhibit A: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JBR70yEsfxB7Dk0Za71RXaGq94nyUAPa/view?usp=drivesdk

    Exhibit B: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J-jjWLmUqBz1p-fQOdsFH21Nor8p-kiG/view?usp=drivesdk



    Spotting does not help the team LOL. I don't need anyone to spot for me. Does it make things easier? Sure. But I've defended and captured numerous flags without some worthless recon spotting for me

    Your comment added nothing to the discussion... all you did was show yourself to be extremely contrary...

    Way to call someone out on something and then play the absolute epitome of a hypocrite by doing exactly what you called someone else out for.

    Spotting does help because you point out enemies (which can sometimes be difficult to see) and it's also a giant red button floating above everyone's heads how can you not see how that's helpful in any way

    You literally contradicted yourself with that statement... "Spotting does not help the team LOL" ...

    maxresdefault.jpg

    "Does it make things easier? Sure."

    It doesn't help to be so patronizing, yet completely contradictory in your posts, as if every thought that tumbles through your head is so clever it would be a crime for it not to be shared. Also, contrary to what you may think, anyone who plays Recon is not selfish. How does that even compute for you? That's such a bait comment it's just begging for an argument.

    Take your low quality bait elsewhere, dude. We want a legitimate discussion here, not childish accusations and inflammatory comments.



    Did you read what another poster stated? 99% of players would be better off playing the other classes. Even if you manage to finish at the top of the scoreboard (Which also doesn't mean winning) you're much more effective playing something else.

    I would like to know just how many Recon players spot. If they're so called campers, spotting is the last thing they'll do. Most of my kills are not from enemies being spotted, most are from my own awareness and eyes. And I rarely if ever see flares in the game on flags, so there's that.


    I'd much rather you play Assault to destroy tanks, Medic to revive and heal, or support to supply ammunition and repair friendly vehicles. You can also get tons more kills with those classes

    Of course other classes are powerful, still if played right recon is just fine. There is nothing DICE can do to make you better. Just get better. Another example. P.s-i have tons of clips as recon ptfo and killing multiple players.

    lol

    No offence, but the players you're up against there, like the ones I was against in my clip, aren't good. They're running around the obj, not paying attention to enemies, lying prone in the middle of the obj area in the open, and then only really taking potshots at you (and missing most of the time) or trying to use pistols to kill you.

    You're also playing on console, which is a completely different story. A lot of Console players struggle to aim. Even if they're excellent at the game, they will not be as accurate as with a mouse and keyboard.

    When I played BF1 on console, I found it very easy to play with most classes. Recon was the toughest but I enjoyed the challenge. However, on PC, I found it way easier to aim, but consequently, found myself against enemies who were, comparatively, much better players. Both my kills and my deaths increased comparatively on PC.

    Now, in BFV, Recon suddenly has massively nerfed ranges and damage output, coupled with poor sidearms. The TTK certainly is fun in most other cases, but people who want a low TTK shouldn't complain about Bolt-Action Rifles doing high damage. After all, that's exactly what they're for.

    High stopping power at long ranges with deadly accuracy. Now, you can literally just tank a full on chest shot and ignore it and move on. There's no power behind the Sniper Rifles, and that's a tremendous shame, as well as a complete imbalance.

    If you played for about 5 mins on PC, you'd probably realise what we're all talking about. Most of the other players absolutely destroy at most ranges. Except Recon. I've never seen any Recon on my teams that were top of the leaderboard, because they struggle to kill, and struggle to PTFO.

    This argument that Recon players "only want k/d" is ridiculous... it's a game... where the primary aim... is to shoot people.

    Of course they wanna be able to do that effectively. But the point is, it's not effective. Yes, against complete noobs, anyone, with any class loadout can destroy, but against the average player, (or good players), the average (or good) Recon player will suffer because of the inherent imbalance in the classes, and the weapon stats that frankly make no sense from any logical standpoint.

    Doesn't matter. This is every match basically. Can't be offended by doing the same in every lobby. Dom, tdm, conquest especially people run straight lines flag to flag. Console is harder to aim well and that is why most can't get great value from recon.

    I do it from time to time and get wrecked but i try and flank and use cover more and more. On pc there are dope snipers way better than any class. I figured this was all console people complaining? Snipers smash on pc as mouse aim is generally better. Again its a user thing.

    Well, a lot of snipers, most I would say are really horrible, it at times feel more like the incoming amount of sniper fire is the big thing thanks to the number of snipers on some maps. My feeling is that it is the same kind of players that go lmg with bipod in an obscure place to try to get kills without dying.

    And then you have the ones that hits a lot of headshots and probably are great players on all classes and those can really destroy. Buff the sniper rifles and then those players would wreck the servers to no end, and to add to that the **** snipers are suddenly a huge threat to and some maps would be sniper vs sniper rounds.

    And I play on PC.
  • JackL1vely
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    No, just adapt to it the way it is.
    .
    Headshots kill, other shots don't. It's tense and perfect.
    .
    I have spent many hours solo sniping or with a buddy, always loved it and in BF5 it's just as good.
    .
    Hoping to make a few videos soon with killstreaks and tips for others.

    Right on bud. I would say sniping is far more fun and rewarding than bf1 because the sweet spot was ditched.

    When i track a sprinting player and stop them with a headshot i know i earned it. Bf1 i just bodyshot and shrugged when he dropped.



    Lol, enjoy being at the bottom of the scoreboards. Anybody who plays Recon is selfish

    I also like how you didn't add anything of value to the discussion.



    I've no problem topping the leaderboard playing with my squad as a PTFO scout, countersniping other reccies and machine gunners, spotting vehicles and using the hit-spotting ability to highlight enemies for my teammate to finish off. BF has never been about serving useless hill humpers who camp for headshots, so don't ask them to accommodate your chicken crap playstyle.

    Exhibit A: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JBR70yEsfxB7Dk0Za71RXaGq94nyUAPa/view?usp=drivesdk

    Exhibit B: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J-jjWLmUqBz1p-fQOdsFH21Nor8p-kiG/view?usp=drivesdk



    Spotting does not help the team LOL. I don't need anyone to spot for me. Does it make things easier? Sure. But I've defended and captured numerous flags without some worthless recon spotting for me

    Your comment added nothing to the discussion... all you did was show yourself to be extremely contrary...

    Way to call someone out on something and then play the absolute epitome of a hypocrite by doing exactly what you called someone else out for.

    Spotting does help because you point out enemies (which can sometimes be difficult to see) and it's also a giant red button floating above everyone's heads how can you not see how that's helpful in any way

    You literally contradicted yourself with that statement... "Spotting does not help the team LOL" ...

    maxresdefault.jpg

    "Does it make things easier? Sure."

    It doesn't help to be so patronizing, yet completely contradictory in your posts, as if every thought that tumbles through your head is so clever it would be a crime for it not to be shared. Also, contrary to what you may think, anyone who plays Recon is not selfish. How does that even compute for you? That's such a bait comment it's just begging for an argument.

    Take your low quality bait elsewhere, dude. We want a legitimate discussion here, not childish accusations and inflammatory comments.



    Did you read what another poster stated? 99% of players would be better off playing the other classes. Even if you manage to finish at the top of the scoreboard (Which also doesn't mean winning) you're much more effective playing something else.

    I would like to know just how many Recon players spot. If they're so called campers, spotting is the last thing they'll do. Most of my kills are not from enemies being spotted, most are from my own awareness and eyes. And I rarely if ever see flares in the game on flags, so there's that.


    I'd much rather you play Assault to destroy tanks, Medic to revive and heal, or support to supply ammunition and repair friendly vehicles. You can also get tons more kills with those classes

    Of course other classes are powerful, still if played right recon is just fine. There is nothing DICE can do to make you better. Just get better. Another example. P.s-i have tons of clips as recon ptfo and killing multiple players.

    lol

    No offence, but the players you're up against there, like the ones I was against in my clip, aren't good. They're running around the obj, not paying attention to enemies, lying prone in the middle of the obj area in the open, and then only really taking potshots at you (and missing most of the time) or trying to use pistols to kill you.

    You're also playing on console, which is a completely different story. A lot of Console players struggle to aim. Even if they're excellent at the game, they will not be as accurate as with a mouse and keyboard.

    When I played BF1 on console, I found it very easy to play with most classes. Recon was the toughest but I enjoyed the challenge. However, on PC, I found it way easier to aim, but consequently, found myself against enemies who were, comparatively, much better players. Both my kills and my deaths increased comparatively on PC.

    Now, in BFV, Recon suddenly has massively nerfed ranges and damage output, coupled with poor sidearms. The TTK certainly is fun in most other cases, but people who want a low TTK shouldn't complain about Bolt-Action Rifles doing high damage. After all, that's exactly what they're for.

    High stopping power at long ranges with deadly accuracy. Now, you can literally just tank a full on chest shot and ignore it and move on. There's no power behind the Sniper Rifles, and that's a tremendous shame, as well as a complete imbalance.

    If you played for about 5 mins on PC, you'd probably realise what we're all talking about. Most of the other players absolutely destroy at most ranges. Except Recon. I've never seen any Recon on my teams that were top of the leaderboard, because they struggle to kill, and struggle to PTFO.

    This argument that Recon players "only want k/d" is ridiculous... it's a game... where the primary aim... is to shoot people.

    Of course they wanna be able to do that effectively. But the point is, it's not effective. Yes, against complete noobs, anyone, with any class loadout can destroy, but against the average player, (or good players), the average (or good) Recon player will suffer because of the inherent imbalance in the classes, and the weapon stats that frankly make no sense from any logical standpoint.

    Doesn't matter. This is every match basically. Can't be offended by doing the same in every lobby. Dom, tdm, conquest especially people run straight lines flag to flag. Console is harder to aim well and that is why most can't get great value from recon.

    I do it from time to time and get wrecked but i try and flank and use cover more and more. On pc there are dope snipers way better than any class. I figured this was all console people complaining? Snipers smash on pc as mouse aim is generally better. Again its a user thing.

    Well, a lot of snipers, most I would say are really horrible, it at times feel more like the incoming amount of sniper fire is the big thing thanks to the number of snipers on some maps. My feeling is that it is the same kind of players that go lmg with bipod in an obscure place to try to get kills without dying.

    And then you have the ones that hits a lot of headshots and probably are great players on all classes and those can really destroy. Buff the sniper rifles and then those players would wreck the servers to no end, and to add to that the **** snipers are suddenly a huge threat to and some maps would be sniper vs sniper rounds.

    And I play on PC.

    lmao don't think Recon is quiiiite the threat you make it out to be there, dude.

    If you buff sniper, nothing would change, except you might see more Recon trying to PTFO and less campers. Campers that camp were always going to camp, nothing will change that. In fact, weakening the rifles would only serve to make players more inclined to PTFO switch to camping for lack of effectiveness on objectives.

    Recon can be super good in the right hands, but will still absolutely get destroyed by a semi-competent Assault player. It takes skill, time and effort to line up headshots, and it's not easy. Not everyone is that skilled to be able to do that all the time, and if they are, they only brag about it, and claim that "Recon is already overpowered".

    Statistically and in practice, the average player is already disadvantaged as a Recon for a variety of reasons, and if people say otherwise they are being willfully ignorant. I know this because I've actually looked at the stats.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jYnT7cWvoS4oKSWpHzrGZ56sSJNFp26xBw19K9Ne73A/edit#gid=1438301197

    http://bfdata.juhala.io/misc/bfv_release_26112018.html

    If you care to read either of those, you'll notice that Recon's weapons are all a lot worse than most other weapons, for reasons that don't entirely make sense.
  • Hawxxeye
    7960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Iightblack wrote: »
    People think that recon is bad because they would another Battlefield 1... when snipers were foolishly over powered and you could just go to bodyshot all day. Here, as this serie wants, headshots are needed.

    So overpowered they were 3rd in popularity bellow assault and medic.
    .
    I will grand you that ohk bodyshots at long range was a bad idea though as it felt unearned.
  • BAITness
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    BAITness wrote: »
    Just reiterating since people do not seem to get it - your individual success with the class does not mean it is not weaker than the other classes. It just means that you would probably have even more success if you played another class.

    And this is easy to prove. Look up random players on battlefieldtracker. You can see that for the vast majority of people recon has far lower SPM than other classes. For most people they even have lower K/D, despite sniping by default lending itself to higher K/D ratios.

    In BFV the recon weapons are just drastically weaker than assault/support weapons, despite those classes also getting anti tank gadgets. If you are a great player with recon in BFV, you could be an even better player with assault/support.

    As they were weaker in bf1. Every class was stronger and still is. So?
    Less ammo, less fire rate, longer base range all make for less kills on average. Concept is simple.

    Why does recon have to be on par with assault? Medic is weaker than assault. Hey , what if we gave assault recon rifles and visa versa?

    Assault already has recon rifles - and medic SHOULD be brought up to the level of assault. Medic is still very useful and gets great SPM in large part thanks to their awesome smoke grenade launcher gadget. Recon currently has the worst weapons AND the worst gadgets. That is a huge freaking problem dude.

    Also, recons were weaker in BF1? In BF1 recons were the best infantry killing class thanks to the smle and mars combo in addition to very effective spotting flares. Now all of that is gone - weak rifles, weak pistols, weak flare.
  • YUKnowWhatItIz
    342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Naskoni wrote: »
    Naskoni wrote: »
    I think recon should have headshot homing bullets. Shoot from the spawn 1000 meter between the eyes. No skill. That's how I like it.

    Sums up this thread rather well. Also those bullets should auto spot all enemies in a 50m radius while flying. And why not also be able to damage vehicles because otherwise the poor snipers will feel vulnerable and stuff on maps with such.



    Where did I mention sniper rifle should be ohk?? How does that sum up the thread?

    All of you did nothing but complain snipers in all Battlefield games and got your way. I try to add more to the barebones class and you're not having any of it.

    I've already counter the arguments ITT

    -1 headshot literally proves nothing. I've gotten tons of headshots but guess what? That didn't change the outcome of the match. I still lost flags, tanks still wrecked sht, etc. By the time you get 3 headshots some Assault player has 6 kills and destroyed a tank.

    -Just because you went postive with Recon or ended at the top doesn't mean the class isn't bad. Objectivity you'd be a lot better playing as the other classes.

    Tons of headshots? I bothered to go check - you have 80 headshots in TOTAL, across ALL sniper rifles. With a KD of 1. As a sniper. By the time YOU get 3 headshots the whole round would be over... Objectively you can't play sniper for the life of you. Git gud. Might also want to get to rank 20 with at least ONE class and play at least a single round with all of them before making threads how this or that is "absolutely worthless". Otherwise people might get the "wrong" impression.



    Well for 1 you have to be a damn near pro to rack up headshots. You really expect players to get 26 headshots a game on moving targets??

    Great job pointing out my 1 KDR. You see when you ptfo in close quarters as a recon you tend to go up against fully automatic smgs, lmgs, shot guns, tanks, and armoured Trucks. Did mention headshots become harder in close quarters?

    Again you still ignore the fact that most good recon players would be far more effective playing as another class. Why do you keep ignoring that fact?
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Jezzzeh wrote: »
    Why are the gadgets useless?

    Spotting scope actively helps the team and spares you using the weapon scope and getting glint spotted.

    The Spawn Beacon is one of the most powerful gadgets in the game to help the squad and team and even non squad recons can spawn on it if they have the pathfinder spec equipped.

    The AP mines are powerful when placed next to each other and give vital back cover in a pinch. Don't use them myself but they kill me often enough.

    okay ill explain why. the spotting scope is useless because it does not fit the pace of the game to be effective. the zoom is to strong and requires you to switch away from your weapon.

    it is only useful at long range. ranges where a player is useless and is not playing the objective. the only alternative to the spotting scope is the flare wich is situational because of the small radius. these 2 gadgets are to situational to be truly effective. and dont hold a candle against for example the dynamite or the panzerfaust.
  • YUKnowWhatItIz
    342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    Jezzzeh wrote: »
    Why are the gadgets useless?

    Spotting scope actively helps the team and spares you using the weapon scope and getting glint spotted.

    The Spawn Beacon is one of the most powerful gadgets in the game to help the squad and team and even non squad recons can spawn on it if they have the pathfinder spec equipped.

    The AP mines are powerful when placed next to each other and give vital back cover in a pinch. Don't use them myself but they kill me often enough.

    okay ill explain why. the spotting scope is useless because it does not fit the pace of the game to be effective. the zoom is to strong and requires you to switch away from your weapon.

    it is only useful at long range. ranges where a player is useless and is not playing the objective. the only alternative to the spotting scope is the flare wich is situational because of the small radius. these 2 gadgets are to situational to be truly effective. and dont hold a candle against for example the dynamite or the panzerfaust.



    The spotting scope also isn't a make it or break it deal. Most of the community can play just fine without the scope. 90% of the matches I play Recon players never use the scope..

    You also don't get rewarded for using the scope. You end up at the middle of the score board at best.

    If you ask me the spotting scope is more useless than the Laser guide in battlefield 4. At least in battlefield 4 a Recon player could mark vehicles and players could lock on from a distance
  • ashar_saleem121
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile wrote: »
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    Overhaul recon weapon damage.
    The snipers with the highest damage should be OHK to the torso and head at ranges <75m, the mid damage recon weapons should be OHK to the chest and head at <75m.
    The semi-auto ones should be two shot kill anywhere but the head which is a OHK at <150m and a two shot kill anywhere past 150m.
    At ranges 75m+ the high damage and mid damage become OHK to chest and head.
    At 150m+ mid damage snipers become OHK to head only whilst the high damage can still OHK to the chest.
    This would allow recons to stick with their squads and PTFO and more broadly encourage recons to get closer to targets

    Want to make the most of the damage buff? Get close boy

    No this is way way too strong a buff. No OHK to anything other than the head. Period.

    SLR damage is fine as it is. Improve rate of fire perhaps and recoil.

    With regards to bolt actions. Simply apply BF1 damage and velocity models but remove the sweet spot mechanic. Higher min and max damages than they are currently but capped at around 90 for point blank range. Damage should drop off to 72 at range. I think every single PTFO scout will agree to this.

    With regards to gadgets make the flare radius equivalent to BF1 and increase duration but keep the ability to shoot it down as a good counter.

    Why even have recon, it is useless to even try. Recon was a feared class. Not anymore.

    You misunderstood. I want recon to get a much needed damage buff. But a OHK to the chest out to 75m is just too OP. There should be no OHK other than a headshot. But the overall damage of the rifles needs to be increased drastically

    Everything you say is on point, however i think the class would be perfectly balanced with 1shot chest kills 5m and under.

    Sure that would be a good addition.

    In the BF1 section I actually made a suggestion to replicate the sweet spot ranges of the rifles where they do their max damage but cap that damage at say 90 and then drop the damage off outside of those ranges all the way to 72 or whatever.

    I am against OHK chest shots (maybe under 10m is okay) but they need to boost the chest shot damage. 55 max, 74 max is just too low.

    Even with the drilling. Whenever I play with it, I spot an enemy first and hit my shot. 60 damage. In the meantime blueberries who noticed them later because theyre oblivious shoot once with the G43 and clean up my kill. Im left with the assist. Not even assist as kill. Im punished for being aware and shooting first. I should just wait until someone starts shooting and kill steal
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hear me out. Why do 102% of people despise the TTD bug? Because people don't like dropping dead in one frame. Tis the same thing with sniper rifles. You have 8-12 people per team potshot-competing to one-frame you back to the redeploy screen. I know you don't like it, just like the TTD bug. There's a reason sniper rifles and shoguns are so polarizing, they have the same effect as the TTD bug.

    So here's my proposal again. Remove the recon class and make sniper rifles pickup kits. Seriously what's wrong with that. I know it's biased but I explained my reasoning. Remove shotguns too.

    sure make it pickup. but give me 1hk to the body than so i can get a 30 kill streak everytime i pick it up.
  • Jezzzeh
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GP-Caliber wrote: »
    Jezzzeh wrote: »
    Why are the gadgets useless?

    Spotting scope actively helps the team and spares you using the weapon scope and getting glint spotted.

    The Spawn Beacon is one of the most powerful gadgets in the game to help the squad and team and even non squad recons can spawn on it if they have the pathfinder spec equipped.

    The AP mines are powerful when placed next to each other and give vital back cover in a pinch. Don't use them myself but they kill me often enough.

    okay ill explain why. the spotting scope is useless because it does not fit the pace of the game to be effective. the zoom is to strong and requires you to switch away from your weapon.

    it is only useful at long range. ranges where a player is useless and is not playing the objective. the only alternative to the spotting scope is the flare wich is situational because of the small radius. these 2 gadgets are to situational to be truly effective. and dont hold a candle against for example the dynamite or the panzerfaust.

    The issue with flares seems to me to be down to then not working as intended. I think DICE intend them to have a larger radius at max height which diminishes as it drops. I might be wrong but I think I read that DICE are actively looking at this.

    The spotting scope I have to be honest I don't have a problem with. I whip it out on the move and get sighted on the usual sniper spots or chokepoints. If I centre it on a prone sniper and then whip out sniper I'll be dead centre on that proned sniper and it's only a minor adjustment in aim to compensate and all the while I've minimised the scope glint. Its actually quite satisfying at least for me Ive adapted to the system DICE has given me using the tools they provide to mitigate it. I suppose others views differ which is a fair position.

    But like I said above the main pull for recon at least for me is the Spawn Beacon. Its a huge match changer if you can be in a squad that takes advantage of it.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Bolt actions are weak and pointless to use.

    Just use the Selbstlader 1906 instead. I think it's the best balanced recon weapon of them all so far. Of course you need to be very accurate.

    I've only used it for 200 kills, but I've got 1.72 kills per minute using it so far mostly in Conquest.

    Its 2x scope which has no glint is great.

    Flares definitely need their radius buffed. Right now they're useless.
  • YUKnowWhatItIz
    342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    You know, I think they should leave the Recon class as it is. Forget everything I said and play as intended. Battlefield was never meant to be realistic. It's just a fast paced casual shooter. No point in arguing for more realism based things like ohk, dynamite or stronger pistols.


    Once Insurgency Sandstorm comes out im permanently switching over to that. A shooter where guns feel real and down you fast and actual team work
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    Sweet headshots right there. :*:+1:

    But as you can see, they have terrible aim, aren't paying attention, and stand completely still to try and line up their shots with me. IDK if they were like... new players, or just bad in general... but most of the time I'd get completely destroyed in the same situation against most other players, especially Assaults.

    I'm tempted to believe that those players might've been Medics, (would explain the difficulty hitting me) because Assault rifles would have no problem hitting me from that range, or beyond.

    I once used the Gewehr 43 on Narvik on a dude nearly 200m away, and killed him with about 3 bullets in a few seconds. Assault weapons are ridiculously good at what they do, and it just makes me sad.

    My comment copied from another thread;

    "The Bullet velocity and drop is bad, but the weapons are clearly not balanced in any way. That's what kills a lot of Bolt-Actions for me.

    Turner SMLE:

    700 Bullet velocity
    359 ROF
    45 Maximum damage per shot

    Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk. I:

    500 Bullet velocity
    71 ROF
    60 Maximum damage per shot

    What kind of logic is that? You'd think the Sniper variant of a similar rifle would at least have increased range and effectiveness, but clearly not. This is just very imbalanced against the Recon, and anyone who says otherwise is being willfully ignorant.


    While each shot for the Lee-Enfield does 33% more damage and needs 2 shots to kill, the SMLE can fire 6 times faster with the same bullet drop and only actually needs 3 shots to kill, which throws the balance completely out the window. When your Assault has access to better Sniper weapons than Recon, you know the game's a bit broken."

    Turner SMLE needs to have its ROF reduced to 300, damage reduced to 35, have more recoil and less accuracy... The Turner SMLE is extremely overpowered, its stupid...
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Bolt actions are weak and pointless to use.

    Just use the Selbstlader 1906 instead. I think it's the best balanced recon weapon of them all so far. Of course you need to be very accurate.

    I've only used it for 200 kills, but I've got 1.72 kills per minute using it so far mostly in Conquest.

    Its 2x scope which has no glint is great.

    Flares definitely need their radius buffed. Right now they're useless.

    No glint is nice but the reload is the main reason to go for the 2x. Screw reloading each bullet one by one.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Bolt actions are weak and pointless to use.

    Just use the Selbstlader 1906 instead. I think it's the best balanced recon weapon of them all so far. Of course you need to be very accurate.

    I've only used it for 200 kills, but I've got 1.72 kills per minute using it so far mostly in Conquest.

    Its 2x scope which has no glint is great.

    Flares definitely need their radius buffed. Right now they're useless.
    I agree, the Selbstlader 1906 is great and all, and can give you the ”bolt action rifle feeling” because of its sound, high recoil and reload animation... I love it yes, and use it all the time!

    But... The ZH-29 is just as good if not better to be honest... Stat wise ZH-29 seem to be better in every way because you also get 6 bullet and fast reload!?

    When playing with the Selbstlader 1906, only having 5 bullets hurt this rifle alot... I often feel it needs that one extra bullet for a potential 3 kill per reload, I run out of bullets very fast... And the reload is slow too... I actually not miss my shots, so I often come to killing 2,5 enemy, then need to reload, and when I done so, enemy is either dead (someone else stole my kill) or back at 100% hp again...

    So if keep the Selbstlader 1906 at 5 bullets, then the reload time needs to be reduced alot, its too slow now...
  • GP-Caliber
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    maybe an idea to make headshots for snipers permadeath? this will make the skilled recon very deadly for the enemy team and can stop an assault train very quickly.
  • ZombieP1ow
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Just give the class some decent guns that casuals might like to use. Then you would have more spawn beacons out.

    this. I'd like a semi auto. Something I can push an objective with. Still hate the fact I have to hide from armor.
Sign In or Register to comment.