Best Battlefield ever?

Arashenstein
54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
I would say the best Battlefield ever is the one which contains:

1. Battlefield 2 Gameplay
2. Battlefield 3 level and map design
3. Battlefield 4 customisation
4. Battlefield 1 graphics
5. BFBC2 destruction system
6. Adopted absolutely nothing from BF V

Agree?

Comments

• Parasiten79
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bfbc2 destruction is in no way better than what we got now.
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I don't agree, when you put it like that. BFV is a mix of all those other Battlefield games already, but with it's own characteristics too.

You could make a list of characteristics that you don't want from other Battlefield games:

Battlefield 2: 'dolphin-diving' and 'bunny-hopping'.

Battlefield 3: mortars

Battlefield 4: Metro / Lockers style maps

Battlefield Bad Company 2: Single-player

Battlefield 1: Area of effect weapons such as gas and incendiary grenades

Battlefield 5: High price

I realise you were just having a dig at BFV but I thought there was another way of looking at it.
  • BSPlissken
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    IMO, outside of the tarded upper management from EA I think BF5 has been one of the better battlefields. If they get the content cranked out I'd like to see this game grow. As stated above, this one is a good mix of the prior games.
  • Arashenstein
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IMO, outside of the tarded upper management from EA I think BF5 has been one of the better battlefields. If they get the content cranked out I'd like to see this game grow. As stated above, this one is a good mix of the prior games.

I tried so hard to like the game and ignore the propaganda behind BF V but honestly the game is absolute garbage. That you can heal yourself and resupply yourself like a SP arcade shooter where you walk over enemy and get their ammo and health like Wolfenstein is a joke. Besides BF2 had 6 men squads and since BFBC2 people keep asking bring back 6 men squad and what dice did was giving us 5 in two games and then revert it back to 4 again like seriously?? I also really hate the vehicle system BF1 introduced and sadly it went on in BF V as well. You cannot steal vehicles in these games from abandoned bases because vehicles spawn with driver inside and this is absolute garbage.

To level up a tank you have to be the driver class, if you managed to get to some tank with assault for example you don't get any progress towards unlocking your vehicles which is dumb. BF 1 and BF V are disaster seriously...
  • Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I tried so hard to like the game and ignore the propaganda behind BF V but honestly the game is absolute garbage. That you can heal yourself and resupply yourself like a SP arcade shooter where you walk over enemy and get their ammo and health like Wolfenstein is a joke. Besides BF2 had 6 men squads and since BFBC2 people keep asking bring back 6 men squad and what dice did was giving us 5 in two games and then revert it back to 4 again like seriously?? I also really hate the vehicle system BF1 introduced and sadly it went on in BF V as well. You cannot steal vehicles in these games from abandoned bases because vehicles spawn with driver inside and this is absolute garbage.

To level up a tank you have to be the driver class, if you managed to get to some tank with assault for example you don't get any progress towards unlocking your vehicles which is dumb. BF 1 and BF V are disaster seriously...

That's just like... your opinion man. Good riddance to vehicle spawn theft. Go steal a vehicle the fun way - driving away the crew in fear and jumping in, then takeoff in reverse so you can repair it behind a barn :)
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14360 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Moved to off topic
  • Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BFV has some of the best gunplay and environments yet, and there's a lot of upside potential still with WW2. Don't worry, the series will return to modern eventually, but for now this game is a lot of fun - finally rewarding good squad play and the end of one-man rambo run-and-gunners. All the critics of this game seem to be guys that used to love camping in the corner of the map sniping people for self-esteem, or running around with unlimited ammo and bunny hopping. I'm sure they'll make another Halo for you guys soon so quit ragging on my game.

SturmSabreSix
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BFV actually brought alot of good things to the table.
    Team work
    Building fortifications
    And i actually like the hardcore play style more
    But i agree with everything else you said
  • AldirTheBlood
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited December 2018
    I want to play BF 5 but I've been disappointed with every BF after Bad Co 2 so I don't see it happening. Haven't bought an EA game brand new in almost ten years and refuse to give in to this one after my buddies tore it o shreds when they told me their opinions of it.
  • Arashenstein
    edited December 2018
    I want to play BF 5 but I've been disappointed with every BF after Bad Co 2 so I don't see it happening. Haven't bought an EA game brand new in almost ten years and refuse to give in to this one after my buddies tore it o shreds when they told me their opinions of it.

I am sorry to bring it to you man but BFBC2 was disaster of century for PC BF fan base. BF3 and BF4 were both on good track until BF1 and BF V happened and it destroyed everything just like BFBC2 did in 2010. I see you only own the games on console but keep in mind the disappointment current BF fan base has with BF V is exactly what we suffered in 2010 with BFBC making its way to PC. I am not being a Master Race fan base or anything, but understand that 90% of the BF features were cut in BFBC and it was basically just an arcade shooter with objectives. Battlefield was never meant to be a game designed for consoles. They should have kept BFBC franchies to consoles and made BFBC3 BFBC4 for console ONLY and let PC players stick with BF2 format.

Compare Battlefield 2 and BFBC2 and you will see what I mean. BF V is still a softer punishment than BFBC was for me.
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF4's dedication
    BF 2142's aspiration
    BFBC2's4 destruction
    BF1's inspiration
  • AldirTheBlood
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited December 2018

I am sorry to bring it to you man but BFBC2 was disaster of century for PC BF fan base. BF3 and BF4 were both on good track until BF1 and BF V happened and it destroyed everything just like BFBC2 did in 2010. I see you only own the games on console but keep in mind the disappointment current BF fan base has with BF V is exactly what we suffered in 2010 with BFBC making its way to PC. I am not being a Master Race fan base or anything, but understand that 90% of the BF features were cut in BFBC and it was basically just an arcade shooter with objectives. Battlefield was never meant to be a game designed for consoles. They should have kept BFBC franchies to consoles and made BFBC3 BFBC4 for console ONLY and let PC players stick with BF2 format.

Compare Battlefield 2 and BFBC2 and you will see what I mean. BF V is still a softer punishment than BFBC was for me.

I've played pretty much every Battlefield game that's come out, bud, on console and PC so I see what you're saying. Personally, Battlefield has been an arcade shooter since day one. It's never been a tactical shooter or even close.

I haven't gamed on PC as much the past few years and that's why I mainly enjoyed Bad Co 2 apart from my previously stated reasons. I moved to consoles because of the ease and simplicity of just popping in a game and playing.

Unfortunately, I didn't foresee tactical shooters, my fave genre, completely dying off on console. It's been ten years since one was released on console and, imo, nine years since a decent Battlefield was released.

Shooters, Battlefield included, just keep getting faster and faster and full of needless filler and fluff. Bad Co 2 was a simple, slower paced class based shooter that filled a nitch for me I haven't had since then.

Sorry for the rambling. But I get your point amd you're not wrong. Just for me Bad Co 2 hit a note that the ones after it have completely failed at.