I am impressed with BATTLEFIELD 1. Is BF V really "THAT BAD"?

Comments

• LeonardoD3
    2 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hopefully in a four five month's time bfv won't have bugs , and the other problems you are saying. Hopefully because i really want to enjoy this game. If Dice gives the correct updates and patches. We all can hope.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    596 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To answer your question it is ”THAT BAD” the worst battlefield ever released since bf3 in my opinion. It is not fun at all.
  • robmcewen
    2883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm going to wait until the game has been sorted out before I repurchase the game, but I had a scary thought, DICE Stockholm will probably hand over BFV to DICE LA in a few months and that's when the fun really starts. :#
  • parkingbrake
    2713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have played 1942, Vietnam, 2, 3, and 4. By far BF1 is up there! in a rate of 10 I'd give it a 9.5

Anti Cheat could be better that is my only con for this game on PC. Overall I am pretty satisfied with my purchase here.

I am pondering on getting V but people are telling me to save my money xD

The group of long-time BF gamers I play with are enjoying BFV, even some who swore they wouldn't buy it have changed their minds. The game has some technical issues and some poor design choices, but some of these are already being fixed and hopefully they will all be addressed. For those of us who remember the dumpster fire that was BF4 at launch there is cause for optimism, BF4 was fixed and BFV isn't as bad as BF4 was at release. BFV is a lot like BF1, actually it feels a lot like a reskin of BF1, but some game mechanics have been improved like no more 3D spotting for everyone, no more infinite ammo for vehicles and so on. It's worth trying.

• doodeskader
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kagg wrote: »
    I have played 1942, Vietnam, 2, 3, and 4. By far BF1 is up there! in a rate of 10 I'd give it a 9.5

Anti Cheat could be better that is my only con for this game on PC. Overall I am pretty satisfied with my purchase here.

I am pondering on getting V but people are telling me to save my money xD

It had the potential to be the best BF in a long while but then came the TTK patch and it's not really worth it anymore, no.
    Sad really.

You know that TTK.2 lasted about 4 days before they reverted it back right?

You know they messed up the patch and TTK is out of balance?
  • boutneus
    2450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just annoyed they had to lock away guns in bf1 behind preordering this trash. Always some BS with EA
  • eb50bass
    189 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think most of these posts are over the top! I enjoyed BF1 and I enjoy BF5. BF5 has loads of potential, and I like it even with some of the negatives posted here. You don't have to pick one or the other, if you want a new game buy it, (It's very cheap at the moment) if not, don't. It's not the disaster being painted here.
  • parkingbrake
    2713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    eb50bass wrote: »
    I think most of these posts are over the top! I enjoyed BF1 and I enjoy BF5. BF5 has loads of potential, and I like it even with some of the negatives posted here. You don't have to pick one or the other, if you want a new game buy it, (It's very cheap at the moment) if not, don't. It's not the disaster being painted here.

Some people take a very tribal view of their games, and once they decide they don't like a game they'll go to bizarre lengths to justify that dislike. Some of the negative reviews in Metacritic are hilarious, one guy's big complaint was the text chat is censored, a deal-breaker for him. Seriously, that's what he cares about in a game? BFV has its flaws some of which we can reasonably expect to be fixed/changed, but some of the complaints and criticisms are truly bizarre, at times I have to wonder if I'm playing the same game as these posters. I've taken my share of swipes at DICE/EA over the years so it's not like I'm some fanboy, but some of the current raving about BFV is really over the top.
  • CSO7777
    941 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Some people take a very tribal view of their games, and once they decide they don't like a game they'll go to bizarre lengths to justify that dislike. Some of the negative reviews in Metacritic are hilarious, one guy's big complaint was the text chat is censored, a deal-breaker for him. Seriously, that's what he cares about in a game? BFV has its flaws some of which we can reasonably expect to be fixed/changed, but some of the complaints and criticisms are truly bizarre, at times I have to wonder if I'm playing the same game as these posters. I've taken my share of swipes at DICE/EA over the years so it's not like I'm some fanboy, but some of the current raving about BFV is really over the top.
    This is really true, people keeps referring to the marketing and women in the game. When playing BFV this is not an issue in any way. Yes you sometimes get female screaming in the game, and so what.
    People come to the forums and post about getting a refund after playing for 2 hours, what the... They don't know how the game works after 2 hours or they just want their 'old game' with new graphics/guns.
    BFV takes some effort to learn to play compared to BF1, but its much less chaotic than BF1 (and BF4), because of the more balanced game-play overall. But just running around randomly like in BF1 will punish you harshly and thats the biggest change from BF1.
  • Forkbeard84
    1517 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    boutneus wrote: »
    Just annoyed they had to lock away guns in bf1 behind preordering this trash. Always some BS with EA

So I guess my preorder was not a complete waste of money after all. Lol.
  • Mikzolnih75
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i dont like bf5.. i prefer bf1.. I played bf5 and I dont like it.. and problem is that DICE is now allowing HACKERS in BF1 so that everyone will transfer to BF5... really sad that bf1 all the servers now have hackers... DICE dont like to fix it so that we will transfer to BF5... sorry I still wont play bf5 as of now...
  • parkingbrake

Some of the criticism may be bizarre but much of it is also legitimate. There is a large population of BF veterens that think BF5 is a subpar entry in the series. I’m one of those veterans.

I can respect some people prefering BF5 to BF1 but those people are in the minority I think. BF1 is a much better designed and cohesive game in many aspects.
    The group I play with are all long-time BF veterans and they're enjoying BFV despite some irritating bugs and poor design decisions. They also mostly walked away from BF1 to play PUBG the past year, which I suppose says something about what they thought of BF1. However I wouldn't risk guessing how many "veteran" players prefer BF1 to BFV or vice versa, we just don't have hard data.

This isn't a moral issue, I'm not suggesting anyone who just doesn't like BFV is a bad person. But some of the complaints are so laughable--there is a guy in this thread who says DICE is now allowing hacks in BF1 to force players to move to BFV--that the legitimate complaints can get lost in the noise. My complaints about BFV include the netcode, the lack of epic maps (e.g. Caspian Border) and the clunky and fragmented UI (among others). But the only one that comes anywhere near being game-breaking for me is the netcode which amazingly is worse than in previous titles. How DICE can do a new game which in some respects runs worse than their older games (and in which many good features in older games were removed or pointlessly changed) is beyond me. Whoever thought it was okay to make it so we need to leave the game to activate assignments and then wait in queue to rejoin our friends who are still in the game should be ashamed to cash his paycheck. That there was nobody at DICE to say, Wait a minute, is this a good idea, how does it improve the gaming experience? suggests that development team needs some adult supervision to point out that change] and improvement are not interchangeable terms.
  • Forkbeard84
    i dont like bf5.. i prefer bf1.. I played bf5 and I dont like it.. and problem is that DICE is now allowing HACKERS in BF1 so that everyone will transfer to BF5... really sad that bf1 all the servers now have hackers... DICE dont like to fix it so that we will transfer to BF5... sorry I still wont play bf5 as of now...

Agree on bf5. For hacker protection.... Ps4 pro plus n BF1 is one way and is currently selling for $3.99. Lol. Its funny because a game like Diablo, where on ps4 all hosts are local, has hackers on ps4 but not on pc.
  • Forkbeard84

Some of the criticism may be bizarre but much of it is also legitimate. There is a large population of BF veterens that think BF5 is a subpar entry in the series. I’m one of those veterans.

I can respect some people prefering BF5 to BF1 but those people are in the minority I think. BF1 is a much better designed and cohesive game in many aspects.
    The group I play with are all long-time BF veterans and they're enjoying BFV despite some irritating bugs and poor design decisions. They also mostly walked away from BF1 to play PUBG the past year, which I suppose says something about what they thought of BF1. However I wouldn't risk guessing how many "veteran" players prefer BF1 to BFV or vice versa, we just don't have hard data.

This isn't a moral issue, I'm not suggesting anyone who just doesn't like BFV is a bad person. But some of the complaints are so laughable--there is a guy in this thread who says DICE is now allowing hacks in BF1 to force players to move to BFV--that the legitimate complaints can get lost in the noise. My complaints about BFV include the netcode, the lack of epic maps (e.g. Caspian Border) and the clunky and fragmented UI (among others). But the only one that comes anywhere near being game-breaking for me is the netcode which amazingly is worse than in previous titles. How DICE can do a new game which in some respects runs worse than their older games (and in which many good features in older games were removed or pointlessly changed) is beyond me. Whoever thought it was okay to make it so we need to leave the game to activate assignments and then wait in queue to rejoin our friends who are still in the game should be ashamed to cash his paycheck. That there was nobody at DICE to say, Wait a minute, is this a good idea, how does it improve the gaming experience? suggests that development team needs some adult supervision to point out that change] and improvement are not interchangeable terms.

Yes I agree and think the Quality Assurance Department at Dice has gone even further downhill if thats possible. Im sure BF5 is a lot of fun for many. I just cant leave BF1 for now. The horses, vehicles, behemoths and up close infantry play are somehow addicting.
  • El-Sid-James
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Never understand why people would buy an unfinished and buggy mess for a top $ price. Then hope that the game gets fixed later on. EA has shown what it's strategy is for these games now, a new title every year including Battlefront. So if it doesn't work at release I doubt they will put too much effort in improving it apart from tinkering. A fool and his money are soon parted.
  • StupidNameHere
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's good and bad.

Graphics: Same but ugly

Audio: Missing footsteps

Control: Pretty spot on. After crouch sprinting and diving backwards, it's hard to go back.

Guns: Unbalanced and meh. This is a big deal for a shooter.

Tanks: They're somewhere in here, you just gotta find one before its destroyed.

Airplanes: I imagine they're just as fair to fight one on one in real life, just ask Patton and his sidearm.

Maps: Good then bad then Great then Fjell.

Relying on teamwork to magically surface in a public game because of strategic game choices: Priceless. The game doesn't do this but it would be priceless if it did.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    442 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I thought It couldn’t get worse than BF1... I was terribly wrong. BFV is a beta rush job programmed by a bunch of interns. It’s that bad. Do not buy. Save your money. It’s not worth $20. Maybe $5.