My Last Battlefield Game.. anyone else?

Comments

• G-Gnu
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Don't want to be that guy.

But IMO I think EA will pull the plug on Battlefield. This might be everyone's last Battlefield.

They would never lol. But they do in fact need to reevaluate how they treat the franchise.

One of 3 Things will happen and you can guarantee it.

1. Another Battlefield will release rushed.
    2. EA will pull the plug on Battlefield.
    3. Battlefield will go to a 3 Year Development cycle.

I can see number 1 happening. But, DICE don't want that backlash fire from it's community. I'll go with number 3.

I dunno, they are pretty PC these day and seems not to listen that much anymore anyways.
    Well if EA pulls the plug DICE is done anyway, they might divide up ppl from the studio to others. It has happened before.
  • OldSkoolIce
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I bought Battlefield V on sale. But, I do see some players are annoyed by what EA did with the latest game. As for the question, it'll be the last "BF" game I'll buy for an while. I can wait for "Bad Company 3" to come out in the future, lol!
  • MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    It will be interesting to see which direction abd how they approach the next battlefield . There's a lot to learn from the mistakes made with bfv.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was just this ongoing live type service and they release about handful of maps a year for a different settings and conflicts each time and just called it simply - battlefield.

I don't think we're going to see a fixed time period or setting ie modern, vietnam etc.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1435 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    At this point, no way, if they don't change the direction. I mean it can be a dream come true for me that their next gen title would be Bad Company 3-Cold War.

However, if the games relatively unplayable where you can't see enemies, no spotting, no glint for anyone other than snipers (and i'm DEF for that) with all these scopes, with COD TTK with 64 players, i'd have to have my head examined to play a game like that.

It could be the best idea in the world, but idk if many people want to spend a game camping from enemies they cant's see, dying seemingly every 30 seconds.
  • Jezzzeh
    753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love BFV think it's a great entry into the series. It has problems that will get ironed out over time.

What I didn't like was that it went 50% discount within a few weeks which in my opinion was a kick in the teeth for the folk that stuck with the preorders through that horrendously handled marketing period.

Pre-order folk still playing should get something nominal back for that loyalty if I'm honest.

This won't be my last BF based on BFV or the series direction at large but I doubt I'll be preordering.
  • Harlekin_AuT
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    if the will change things like bring an HC-Mode and start dont listening to crying noobs ill stay and buy if i like the game but at the moment its frustrating. the first BF without HC wtf, only because noobs was crying they die to fast, sry but learn that game to play and dont play HC if its to hard
  • Anti-Messiah
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    if the will change things like bring an HC-Mode and start dont listening to crying noobs ill stay and buy if i like the game but at the moment its frustrating. the first BF without HC wtf, only because noobs was crying they die to fast, sry but learn that game to play and dont play HC if its to hard

Interesting......I was always under the impression hardcore was for noobs.
  • SirTerrible
    1695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Interesting......I was always under the impression hardcore was for noobs.

It is, but they're a very specific type of noob. Noobs that think they are pro.
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If they issued shares of stock to raise capital would you be mad? Probably not I'm guessing. This is basically the same thing. Think of those $29.99 sales as them raising capital and userbase so they can fund ongoing operations.

Is it embarrassing? Completely and totally. They snatched defeat from the jaws of victory but they're doing the right thing now by trying to salvage things and collect more $ and players to fund the future content. I hope all the personnel who advocated for these distractions like the goofy cosmetics and the over representation of women in the game have been coached or reassigned and that someone is in charge now that keeps the focus on the gameplay, gritty themes, refinement and bug minimization.

But bottom line is that this is still a $60 game despite some mind numbing mistakes and those copies sold for $29.99 don't diminish the value of your copy.
  • LoneGunman74
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wasted money buying this joke of a game. Unless you can play for more than 4 hours per day, then you can't get the skills to make it fun. It's frustrating to say the least.
  • FocalCapybara34
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I want to like , I have tried to like it but I don't think I could bothered anymore as it's more of a chore than fun to play.
    I get it that some like this aspect of it. But I had fun playing bf3, 4 and 1 and I can't quite put my finger on what it is about this game that just does not feel like battlefield
  • StormSaxon
    652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Conquest is literally one big tdm game!
    Am done all the best because your gonna need it.
    Every gameplay in BFV is one big TDM game.

I all honesty... that’s true for BF1, BF4 and Sometimes BF3.
    There is a good game here... it’s buried under a ton of issues... namely the stupid TTD that they haven’t fixed and repeated freezing between games issue. How anyone who played BF4 AT RELEASE can complain... BFV is already way better.
  • DocCuda418
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Give up a game franchise you really enjoy over $30? You would rather it just fail and you are out the entire $60? Sounds dumb.
  • ackers75
    2337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It you like a game that’s full of bugs and is more frustrating than fun then this is the game for you.

I suggest dice go back to pinball games because it seems a good FPS is now well out of your league
  • HC_Kake1
    54 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    It you like a game that’s full of bugs and is more frustrating than fun then this is the game for you.

I suggest dice go back to pinball games because it seems a good FPS is now well out of your league

Wait 6months like always. This shouldnt be the norm tho.
  • trip1ex
    4699 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not going to eat another doughnut after this one. I swear.
  • SirBobdk
    4019 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    I'm not going to eat another doughnut after this one. I swear.
    I think the future of BF with the absence of Premium/DLC and 2 years development will be very downgraded versions.
    It is obviously more important to be able to publish new BF quickly than to make them in good quality.
  • djhifi
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just want to preface this by saying that I love Battlefield 5 and it may be my favorite BF game to date. I also have purchased every Battlefield game since Bad Company 2 and a few prior to that. Battlefield has been one of my all time favorite series and it's sad for my to definitively state that I will not purchase another, but let me explain.

Amid the controversy after the initial BF5 trailer I decided to still stick with the game and pre-order. I am not a fan of mixing politics and games (especially not the feminist BS that Dice threw in) but I decided to deal with it. I was well aware that people who pre-order deluxe get the game on Oct. 15 and standard on Oct. 20 and was perfectly fine with that, and I bought standard. I was also fine when it was announced the game would be delayed until Nov. 15/Nov. 20 as I would much rather have a working game as opposed to a broken one (looking at you BF4). I was not as happy when I found out that those who ordered Origins premium subscription service would be getting the game on Nov. 9. I felt as if the game was delayed solely to shoehorn that deal in to promote this service. Once again, I dealt with it and moved on.

Nov. 20 finally rolls around and I'm loving this game, that is, until Black Friday comes. They offered the game 50% off starting Black Friday and for the next 3 weeks after that. What an absolute slap in the face. As someone who supported the game amid its early controversy I feel terribly mistreated. First this delayed launch nonsense and then the 50% price reduction less than a week after launch. I have never seen anything like it. This is different than buying an item at the store and having it go on sale the next day and claiming you were mistreated. This is a BRAND NEW game (that originally was coming out in October) that drops in price immediately after launch. A Black Friday sale was the last thing on my mind when pre-ordering. This was the last straw for me and I do not see myself purchasing a Battlefield/EA game ever again.

Do any of you feel the same way? Especially those who pre-ordered. I generally don't like to **** about this kind of stuff, especially not publicly, but this incident was by far the worst I've experienced with pre-ordering a game. (Also if someone could tell me how to do paragraphs here that would be great!)

(regarding the answer to the title question): nope.
  • djhifi
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Don't want to be that guy.

But IMO I think EA will pull the plug on Battlefield. This might be everyone's last Battlefield.

You probably have no clue how the stockmarket works specially regarding huge ip's like this one.

Yikes
  • djhifi
    Wessmyre wrote: »
    Game is ****. Thank god I didn't buy it.

Yet you're here.