Why force us to play Grand Operations for TOW?

Hitman0720
62 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
I'm totally okay with having to do certain game tasks, get x amount of revives or resupply x number of teammates, but please don't shove Grand Operations down our throat just to complete TOW. Long-term CQ players don't want it.

Comments

• ProAssassin2003
    3853 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Grand Operations is fine but when I seen the play Team Deathmatch included as well I want to Uninstall the game.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1619 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hitman0720 wrote: »
    I'm totally okay with having to do certain game tasks, get x amount of revives or resupply x number of teammates, but please don't shove Grand Operations down our throat just to complete TOW. Long-term CQ players don't want it.

Now you CQ players know how I feel when they have conquest challenges as part of tides.
  • SirTerrible
    1713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Grind Operations...

:D
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll just buy the gun next week for 1700 CC. Do dailies for 6 days and you get it. No way I'm gonna waste my time in GO and TDM.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hitman0720 wrote: »

Now you CQ players know how I feel when they have conquest challenges as part of tides.
    Actually most of the previous challenges can be done in any game mode.
  • Rogue-Mike
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Finish a Grand Operations and it's not counting. O dreaded this moment
  • DigitalHype
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mine counted when I finsihed. But I can't get the "Earn 2600 objective score in Grand Operations" to increment. No matter what I do In grand operations. I've killed people on the objective, I've disarmed the bomb. Nothing.
  • Hitman0720
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Fliple wrote: »
    It's so that you can play the longest match possible before finding out the assignment glitch on you.

You speak so much truth.
  • GirlMisfit
    109 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played 4 operations and never ever unlocked the stupid first bubble for tides of war. I thought maybe it was because I was trying to unlock in on 12/25 and it didn't start until 12/26. It didn't even work on 12/26. All it did was sour my view on BF 5 operations as it wasn't set up as enjoyable as BF1. It seemed to be conquest.
  • Hawxxeye
    7460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Have you noticed how one of the ToW tasks is named like?
    PTFGO
    They really do not like us not playing GOs
  • Rogue-Mike
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Have you noticed how one of the ToW tasks is named like?
    PTFGO
    They really do not like us not playing GOs

I noticed, kinda rubs salt in the wound when the the first assignment glitches out.
  • abc1434286920
    447 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Absolutely loathe these grand operations, especially the airborne mode...who thought of this mode must be a sadist.
  • Lantavatta
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm AFK grinding the last mission. If my teammates win the first two rounds, good for them. I don't care since it's only the last round that counts. I just wish I could do something I enjoy for the 30 minutes I'm waiting for day 3 to begin. If it looks like we will lose day 3 then I just quit and wait for the next game.
  • ragnarok013
    3774 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Rogue-Mike wrote: »

I got credit for the finish, but my 2600 objective is still suck at zero despite spending the entire game on the objective attacking or defending. Grrr...
  • ABC-Warrior-real
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've now completed 4 rounds of GO, not one of them has registered for the first part of this week's ToW. Great work DICE, by now I should have completed the whole challenge.

Unbelievable, and yet, it's not is it. This is DICE.
  • Shinkiro94
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    I'll just buy the gun next week for 1700 CC. Do dailies for 6 days and you get it. No way I'm gonna waste my time in GO and TDM.

Exactly what im doing, no point getting frustrated playing a horrible game mode made up of a mix of horrible game modes, when im already max tow rank.

Gonna just chill in breakthrough or play another game.
  • SirBobdk
    5221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Rogue-Mike wrote: »

I got credit for the finish, but my 2600 objective is still suck at zero despite spending the entire game on the objective attacking or defending. Grrr...
    The SL have to mark the objective before it count. Had the same problem
    Got it with the Belheim just bombing tarkets.
  • doctorrocktor
    1951 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The people that are having problems are you playing through the advanced search as that's how I've been doing mine with no problems,but i do feel for those who it is glitching for.