Will DICE ever address the camping disease?

Comments

• skins4ever21
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still, camping is a cancer that has to be removed or extremely limited for the good of the franchise. It's no matter of grand operations or defending. Anywhere in any modes or maps you find the 90% of people attending the servers, camping, Even in TDM or domination. Doesnt matter if support or assault. They just camp. Tanks also camp.

We are seeing the Battlefield 1 garbage post TTK2 multiplied to infinity.

I don't like campers as much as the next guy but I don't think I've ever played a shooter type game in my life and there wasn't campers. I don't see that ever changing. I mean truthfully this game almost encourages camping when you think about it. Some of the assignment challenges require you to go prone and generally if you're prone you're usually camping. Maps have a realistic feel as far as lighting, bushes, trees, grass, etc but problem with that is people will always find ways to exploit that to their advantage. Only thing they could really do is ping a person's location on your mini map if they're close by if they don't move for 15-20 seconds but I doubt they ever do that.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1418 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    limit would be a good solution. lets say we play 32v32, multiply 4 classes to 8 people or 2 squads= 32

8 assault
    8 recon
    8 medic
    8 support

also you have the pilot and tanker class,in this way someone who just doesn't want to play a specific class will have a choice what to pick up

If I'm following you and you're saying they should basically force players to play classes they don't want to use you may as well start a complaint thread about it now. If I get forced to play recon on devastation I'd just quit before game started. People are going to camp because in my experience with multiple shooters people are afraid they're going to die in real life if they die in the game so they will camp.

its a suggestion idc what people play, unlike you i dont complain though neither i have started a thread for camping in general. other games like insurgency or other competitive games have thia feature and people dont cry. i dont care what people do camp or not im enjoying the game

Well, there lie the problem, and a big problem, and i would submit THEE problem, in that this is NOT Insurgency, where as when that game comes to consoles, it will die a rather quick death, as all those PC niche games do (see Operation Flashpoint, Verdun, Counterstrike, etc et al)

This is a Triple AAA BF title. Not Insurgency. Not Squad, and as long as it tries to be, it will quickly die on a vine, as it is, with campers, sniper spam, and in an unplayable state for many players, who do not play on PC, are not interested in those small nichers, and want our BF back.

So, something has to be done. Either 32 player matches. Nerf TTK by 50% from where it is on additional servers (that would bring the BC1 feel folks on PC may never have played), a Bot Mode, or SOMETHING that will make the game playable.

i play bf since bf 1942 i know what you mean BUT without limits you have this: 15 recons out of the 32 players not ptfo and whining. as i said i dont care how people play i always find my ways to flank the objectives and i dont rely on other squads to make it to the objective. i play with my squad and do great even though we play recons sometimes we still ptfo. most people who complain about campers are not that good players and get frustrated because they are not cautious at their approach check corners etc. bf is not a run and gun game if you wanna play a game like this you know where you can go.

Right look it. COD TTK + 64 Players + Bleed out animations and 30 second respawn = SNIPER AND CAMP SPAM. It's just that simple to understand.

Look what happened to BF1 TTK 2.0. The SAME exact issue happened and even imbalanced the servers given the rage quitters..

So, we can't be surprised, in that if people die easy, they're gonna take the EASY way out. We're not stupid people, and no limits on classes are going to stop it, being a damn MG 42 can kill you from a cross the map, nonetheless snipers and other campers.
  • LEGATVS_ROMANVS
    372 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Still, camping is a cancer that has to be removed or extremely limited for the good of the franchise. It's no matter of grand operations or defending. Anywhere in any modes or maps you find the 90% of people attending the servers, camping, Even in TDM or domination. Doesnt matter if support or assault. They just camp. Tanks also camp.

I don't like campers as much as the next guy but I don't think I've ever played a shooter type game in my life and there wasn't campers. I don't see that ever changing. I mean truthfully this game almost encourages camping when you think about it. Some of the assignment challenges require you to go prone and generally if you're prone you're usually camping. Maps have a realistic feel as far as lighting, bushes, trees, grass, etc but problem with that is people will always find ways to exploit that to their advantage. Only thing they could really do is ping a person's location on your mini map if they're close by if they don't move for 15-20 seconds but I doubt they ever do that.

They dont have campers in an overwhelming way as in BF5. Fact there is no spotting, recoil is almost unexistant even without bipods and the fact that DICE keep feeding the campers with new camping-fed weapons doesnt help. Even BF1 post TTK2 where bipoted support campers skyrocketed had partially this issue, but at least there the game was playable and fun.
  • skins4ever21
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    limit would be a good solution. lets say we play 32v32, multiply 4 classes to 8 people or 2 squads= 32

8 assault
    8 recon
    8 medic
    8 support

also you have the pilot and tanker class,in this way someone who just doesn't want to play a specific class will have a choice what to pick up

If I'm following you and you're saying they should basically force players to play classes they don't want to use you may as well start a complaint thread about it now. If I get forced to play recon on devastation I'd just quit before game started. People are going to camp because in my experience with multiple shooters people are afraid they're going to die in real life if they die in the game so they will camp.

its a suggestion idc what people play, unlike you i dont complain though neither i have started a thread for camping in general. other games like insurgency or other competitive games have thia feature and people dont cry. i dont care what people do camp or not im enjoying the game

Well that's all well and good for them games. However I didn't buy battlefield to be told what class to use. That's like buying a baseball game and it turns out to be soccer. As far as complaining I state facts with issues within the game. I don't go crazy saying it's trash or bash developers. If I've had problems with certain issues within the game I state them as do others with hopes that they get fixed at some point. You on here saying you going to report people and trying to make others look dumb. Check yourself before throwing dumb stuff out there. Nobody but you has taken any issue to anything I've said but doubt same could be said for you.

i said to report whom my friend?

This comment like familiar? I would think you would remember since it was today.

one more time you tell me i am an idiot of telling my opinion and i will report you..if you dont know how to play go play another game. last tow with grand operations is the easiest tow missions so far. so its up to you. im not lucky i know what i do and so far i never had issues getting the weapons.

Update apparently you did in fact report him. You talk to everyone on here like they're dumb I'd suggest a self help book to address your own criticizing tone you pretty much use on every single post you put on here. If anyone post anything you don't agree with you have to take issue to it personally it seems. People have issues with this game as they should and last I checked battlefield devs want the positve/negative feedback. Try possibly stating your beliefs without the undertone probably will do wonders to people not name calling.
  • SilkWildey
    1025 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Every single game mode is just TDM on this game, that happened to COD aswell. It's because people don't care about winning or losing they care about padding their individual stats.

It so happens this game is pretty much made for that kinda mindset, whats the point in going on the objective when you can sit a mile away hidden with a 3x picking people off.

• skins4ever21

They dont have campers in an overwhelming way as in BF5. Fact there is no spotting, recoil is almost unexistant even without bipods and the fact that DICE keep feeding the campers with new camping-fed weapons doesnt help. Even BF1 post TTK2 where bipoted support campers skyrocketed had partially this issue, but at least there the game was playable and fun.

May be true just not in my history with games. I played several COD games plus Battlefield 1, 5 and all had campers I think maybe it's just magnified in this cause more players than COD and other games? I mean truth be told I don't know as a game developer what you could do to stop it. Like I said you could ping a persons location if they sit in 1 spot too long but imagine how much issue some would take to that and how many people they probably would have leave the game. As long as they maps aren't flat with no scenery people will camp. It sucks but I'd suggest you do like me and just accept it lol
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Except for the “aggressive recon” players lol. That’s all I see in the forums in response from recon players, yet in 5 BF games I’ve yet to see one of these mythical creatures

Probably because DICE decided to make recon very weak for CQB combat. They practically killed off that play style in this game.

I still manage 1.7 kills per minute with the Selbstlader 1906 on recon, but I definitely play less aggressively than I did in BF1 and BF4. Otherwise some assault player will just insta melt you with their easy mode weapons.
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you lower the points you get per kill it would not make those ppl play the objective. They dont camp because they want to have the highest score because I rarely ever see anyone that camps top the leaderboard. They just like playing the way they want and the only thing you so is make kills worthlessnwhen it comes to ranking up weapons. Campers are easy kills to me and I love farming them on my way to the objective. Now there is another way of playing that people refer to as camping but it actually isnt and that is where a player patrols a set area but is constantly switching spots and moving to block enemies route to an objective or hold down a objective area. That is not camping it is actually helpful to those going foe the objective because it gives you either time or cover.
  • Shinkiro94
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Camping as been in FPS since the dawn of the genre get over it.

Sorry we dont just run out into no mans land with no cover for NO REASON so you can get easy kills.

Tanks support infantry advances not the other way around, rolling onto a hot objective is arriving in a metal coffin considering 80% of the other team is playing assault.

You can **** about "camping" all you like, but im sure you "camp" to, because its a god damn OBJECTIVE based game... it's called DEFENDING and having tactical awareness. I would love to have you defend somewhere in real life and run round outside with no cover, you will 100% be shot and killed having done nothing.
  • SAM32H
    71 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is the stupid character model and the bad colour contrast
    It's hard to spot them. And the kill cam does not show the shooter.
  • djhifi
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I dont like operations in BF5. But im forced to play to unlock the weapon.

Well, i started an operation, the one in Narvik. My team was attacking. We have to chute and land. All good if it wasnt for the fact that three quarters of the enemy team was bipoting with mgs on sandbags or laying on the ground and mowed down all my team before landing on the ground.

Reducing the camping issue that frustrates people could be easy.

A) All weapons except scouts have obly iron sights.

B ) Remove bipods from the game.

U dont remove all the camping cancer in this game but at least you reduce it alot

Remove bipods? What about all the weapons that depend on it, MMGS and LMGS?

Iron sights only? What about the fact that more sights existed in the war?

Community is dead yet servers all full 24/7

You are a true genius my friend.
  • djhifi
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    SAM32H wrote: »
    SAM32H wrote: »
    I camp. I don't care for objectives or the win. Neither I care for kdr.
    It's my playstyle.
    If you buy me game and pay to play, then may be I might play your way. Otherwise, you shouldn't have complain how I play.

Grow some balls and rush the objectives

Like I said, pay me and I can grow as big as pumpkin and play your way, if u wish.

But, what's the point of rushing to objectives?

The whole game that's the point
    Ptfo = play the **** objective

Lol, u sound like game is making you angry.
    You probably should not play video game.
    It's not real thing, you know.
    Learn what's real and what's not.

You are a little stupid aren't you? Playing objective based game and trolling who plays like that.
    And then you are proud of camping but you also troll ppl for misunderstanding reality vs virtual. Yet you spend hours camping without any purpose on a vídeo game that's objective based.

You're the one not living enough if that's really true.

So you're a tool. Like, 100% legit.

Yikes!
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've never once seen an entire team get "mowed down" whilst parachuting in grand ops and it's the only mode I play. 1 or 2 killed per wave maybe.

This exaggeration with most threads here is madness.

It's the standard form of online argument--make up something, pretend it really happens the way you say it does, rant about it. I've played that mode many times, I have yet to see a round where the attacking team doesn't destroy at least some of the objectives, sometimes they get them all if the defending team is bad and the attacking team is good (and trying to play too far from the objectives qualifies as bad because it only takes some smoke and one player to plant a bomb to blow up an objective).

LOL, BFV is dead mainly because players hate campers, yeah, sure. That's the internet, it allows anyone with a half-baked idea to voice it around the world.
  • Naskoni
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont like operations in BF5. But im forced to play to unlock the weapon.

Well, i started an operation, the one in Narvik. My team was attacking. We have to chute and land. All good if it wasnt for the fact that three quarters of the enemy team was bipoting with mgs on sandbags or laying on the ground and mowed down all my team before landing on the ground.

Reducing the camping issue that frustrates people could be easy.

A) All weapons except scouts have obly iron sights.

B ) Remove bipods from the game.

U dont remove all the camping cancer in this game but at least you reduce it alot

Another day, another quality whine...

In a mode that has one team defending fixed objectives a sore loser gets triggered because the defending team stood and defended their objectives, instead of running around like headless chicken. You must be one of those special kids typing brainfarts in chat for 10min after losing.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1770 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Most of the people moaning about 'camping' have no idea what they are talking about. They are moaning about people finding an advantageous position and staying there for a little while. Camping, as is known in FPS games for the uninitiated is when snipers sit at the edge of maps taking pot shots ALL game or those players who sit in dark corners of rooms waiting for that one person every 5mins to enter. With many BFV weapons you have no choice but to lay prone, though oddly not sniper rifles, and use bipods. This is not camping. BFV is not an arena shooter where you have to be constantly on the move. You are playing the wrong game if that's what you want
  • Meduio
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I guess I don’t understand a lot of the complaints here, what’s referred to camping in games are called digging in and holding your position in actual tactics. Running and gunning is proper in games are called suicide in actual tactics. The real problem I see is that one person believes that if another does not play the same way it must be a problem that needs intevintion. When playing mmo games you are going in knowing that each individual plays differently then the next. If camping is a problem for you don camp, if running and gunning is a problem don’t run and gun. Pretty simple but I guess that’s the problem, everyone wants to tell everyone else how to play and if they can’t think a certain way they need to quit playing. Just play the game the way you want,if your more successful in combat then the other player your tactics obviously worked. If not change tactics. Not for or against “camping” because depending on tactical needs both tactics have their advantages.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Except for the “aggressive recon” players lol. That’s all I see in the forums in response from recon players, yet in 5 BF games I’ve yet to see one of these mythical creatures

Probably because DICE decided to make recon very weak for CQB combat. They practically killed off that play style in this game.

I still manage 1.7 kills per minute with the Selbstlader 1906 on recon, but I definitely play less aggressively than I did in BF1 and BF4. Otherwise some assault player will just insta melt you with their easy mode weapons.
    I'm a horrible sniper, but two days ago I went in as Recon (first time using that 1906) to the D flag on Panzer Storm which was the usual intense dogfight. I used the tank wrecks as cover and got nine kills before dying for the first time--all of those kills were at short range, some just a few meters. I spent most of my time there using my spotting scope rather than my rifle--the guys I spotted were quickly vaporized by my team because spotted players are bullet-magnets. Did I mention I'm a really lousy sniper? But apparently I'm not a bad Recon, because I got right in on the flag and spotted like crazy and helped my team win the game rather than going for tape-measure headshots. All the noise and action helped me go unnoticed, and using a semi auto meant more kills than if I'd used a bolt-action. Still, if a craptacular sniper like me can do that, I have to wonder how others find it so hard?
  • IvanFireBlade_GR
    266 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

8 assault
    8 recon
    8 medic
    8 support

Well that's all well and good for them games. However I didn't buy battlefield to be told what class to use. That's like buying a baseball game and it turns out to be soccer. As far as complaining I state facts with issues within the game. I don't go crazy saying it's trash or bash developers. If I've had problems with certain issues within the game I state them as do others with hopes that they get fixed at some point. You on here saying you going to report people and trying to make others look dumb. Check yourself before throwing dumb stuff out there. Nobody but you has taken any issue to anything I've said but doubt same could be said for you.

This comment like familiar? I would think you would remember since it was today.

one more time you tell me i am an idiot of telling my opinion and i will report you..if you dont know how to play go play another game. last tow with grand operations is the easiest tow missions so far. so its up to you. im not lucky i know what i do and so far i never had issues getting the weapons.

Update apparently you did in fact report him. You talk to everyone on here like they're dumb I'd suggest a self help book to address your own criticizing tone you pretty much use on every single post you put on here. If anyone post anything you don't agree with you have to take issue to it personally it seems. People have issues with this game as they should and last I checked battlefield devs want the positve/negative feedback. Try possibly stating your beliefs without the undertone probably will do wonders to people not name calling.

he said i am an idiot for stating my opinion and you support this? you have issues on your own to make it a big deal and disscuss it in multiple threads. i didnt criticize anyone i onlu stated my opinion.
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So this thread is about 90% complaints about camping. But just the other day someone said everyone is zergin around.

Now, camping has been in games for much longer than most forum users have been alive. The complaint about people camping objectives is ludicrous and I am seriously wondering why they are playing an objective based game mode. As others have said there are many games out there (COD, Halo, ect) that are all about the run and gun, BF is not.

In my experience this BF is no different in terms of TTK, campers and rushers as any other BF game. I went back to BF4 just to see what the TTK is like and it took 3-5 bullets to kill at about 300ms. This is nearly the same as we have in BFV. With that said the TTD is way off and you can see it when faced with a 1 on 1. You look at the guy and see him aiming at you and his gun firing but none of the hits register till after he has already hit you 3-4 times in which you are dead. When this is fixed the TTK,TTD will feel almost identical to BF4.
  • skins4ever21

8 assault
    8 recon
    8 medic
    8 support

he said i am an idiot for stating my opinion and you support this? you have issues on your own to make it a big deal and disscuss it in multiple threads. i didnt criticize anyone i onlu stated my opinion.

DId I or did not I not say he should have not called you that? ... Actually I think they didn't upload that long comment I wrote. I directly said he shouldn't be name calling and you shouldn't be overly critical. You go back and read your own comments to people that you think are complaining and tell me if you don't feel your being condescending. I don't support anyone on here name calling but I understand why he was upset with your comment. You state your opinions and others state theirs hence it being a forum to discuss those things. If people you or others can't handle peoples issue with the flaws in the game than why come here to discuss it?
This discussion has been closed.