When Hardcore mode on BF5

Psyj0ker
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hi when is the Hardcore Mod for BF5 coming??

Comments

• disposalist
    8956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    It pretty much is hardcore mode, isn't it?
  • mikelle011
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why? Like this entire game is not HC itself?

HC would be dying before spawning at this moment.
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OP I assume you are looking for items like no 3rd person vehicles or something? The TTK couldn't get any lower or every gun would be a 1hk.
  • ShidderMcGavin
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Even with current TTK, its still not at the same level as HC. Further, if you actually do want to play that traditional HC experience, we need a more minimal UI, no minimap, no spotting, no HP regen, friendly fire, and no third person camera on vehicles. Personally I think theres a large enough difference past the increased damaged that justifies the need for the mode.
  • ShidderMcGavin
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OP I assume you are looking for items like no 3rd person vehicles or something? The TTK couldn't get any lower or every gun would be a 1hk.

The default TTK in BFV is still noticeably longer than HC mode in previous iterations. If you play HC mode in other BF titles, current TTK is still sort of weak compared to what you're used to. Besides, HC mode is for HC players; its not like it affects everyone else that likes the current TTK or thinks its "HC enough" already.
  • cicciojam
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why at every battlefield launch there is a problem with the harcore mode? Whyyyyyyyyy???🙈
  • xinfury8x
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree, where is hardcore and why is it always on the back burner? The amazing war game of Battlefield frequently pulls me away from the same-o same-o game play of Call of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but, hardcore players are frequently treated like second class citizens in the Battlefield franchise. Sure the TTK seems a bit closer to hardcore in BF5 but, it is not hardcore. And I am not sure why core players have to complain about hardcore mode anyway. Seriously, if you can't handle not having your little map, or don't have the skills to shoot around your team-mates rather than through them...don't play hardcore...simple as that.
  • disposalist
    8956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2018
    xinfury8x wrote: »
    I agree, where is hardcore and why is it always on the back burner? The amazing war game of Battlefield frequently pulls me away from the same-o same-o game play of Call of **** but, hardcore players are frequently treated like second class citizens in the Battlefield franchise. Sure the TTK seems a bit closer to hardcore in BF5 but, it is not hardcore. And I am not sure why core players have to complain about hardcore mode anyway. Seriously, if you can't handle not having your little map, or don't have the skills to shoot around your team-mates rather than through them...don't play hardcore...simple as that.
    Or you guys could play one of the shooters that *is* hardcore in it's core design?

Hardcore is utterly different to vanilla Battlefield and different from what most fans of the franchise enjoy.

Why the obsession with making Battlefield offer hardcore?

Though, to be fair, how difficult can it be to offer servers with hardcore settings? DICE/EA really seem to be wanting total control over servers.
  • RLB_Is_My_Lover
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There needs to be a hardcore mode. You’re completely ignoring people who play games with a more tac-sim style. If you get hit in the face with a 7.92x57mm battle rifle you’re done. Plain and simple. There’s still a HUGE amount of players on BF4 that only play hardcore.
    And as for everyone complaining about hardcore who don’t even play it... why are you even concerned?
  • ragnarok013
    3884 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Kind of, BF5 seems to have most of the crutches of hardcore but none of the difficulty i.e. teamkilling. When I was an avid hardcore player identifying friend from foe was one of the attractions so people had to actually play mindfully and purposefully.
  • kc_pig
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't they just give us an option to go into a HC server? Just divide it up, HC and regular. This regular stuff is killing me. I stop shooting after 5-7 bullets into someone because, well, that usually does the job, but no........
  • Valgoerad
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've been playing BF since BF2, with BF4 being one of my favorites because of a well implemented HC mode. Premium subscriber. With BF1, the joke they made of hardcore taught me a lesson - don't pre-order anything and I still didn't buy BF5 as I'm waiting for some HC news first. Any new information since last month?
  • Tony-yingc
    82 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2018
    1.no third person camera on vehicles
    2.no spotting
    3.minimap show u teammate
    i think enough,1shot kill? i don't like it .
  • someguy12121
    468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

ROFL.

But seriously though, BF1 didn't have HC until many months passed and currently in the game's current state HC is the least of the devs concerns when numerous bugs are killing the game. You DONT want HC in BFV's current state.
  • ChaoticallyCalm
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    so why do you need hardcore? is it to take sniper rifles and be able to kill someone by hitting them anywhere? is it cause YOU think that the games is just so impossible? That really it should be easy mode not hard core, since the ones that want it do not work as a team, they are after kd, they hate 3d spotting which is not really in bfv unless you have a sniper who wants to spot for the whole team mind you. Only cool with hardcore mode was in bf1 on those Russian maps or the french, when it was hard to tell teammates. Other then that its pretty dumb, IMO, since its the fastest to kill wep your after and no need to be a team player. Dont get me wrong besides the sniper class being useless, it makes it alot better that teammates can kill you by mistake, then not revive you since well they dont care. On the off chance you do care and you like the idea of hard care hiding the hud, then yes hardcore is cool, to a degree, i think that incursions is still the best test of your skills, since only one to blame would be the weakest link. Since i think its cool that Dice cares and is trying to make players see the bigger picture, course it has bugs, and doesnt sadly have all the guns, but BFV is cool, and bf1 was fun, for your hardcore bf4 was the way to go. Still dice is trying to get people to work together, with the change to spotting, with being able to revive any of your squad, seeing the benefits of having a medic after you take time reviving that squad mate. Still if you take time to look even in bfv with the tides of war, do you think that maybe your choosing without knowing you are what will happen in bfv, there are 3 paths to get to the end, read them and figure out if your a team player.

But i do need to know why you want hardcore so bad?
  • clayface0187
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    okay people really need to stop comparing the current TTK model to every HC mode of the franchise. You obviously haven't played a lot of hardcore.
    BFV is minimally faster TTK than BF3/4. Let's not even discuss BF1, the gunplay was horrible.

We don't just want HC because it's easy to get kills, because it's not.
    The difficulty of staying alive is still relevant to the faster TTK. that is why we have a more enjoyable experience with BFV over BF1 gunplay.
    We enjoy the pacing of engagements. it's not about easy kills
    Running around like it's black ops doesn't work in Hardcore, gun balance matters less in hardcore. No passive spotting traits, just because there is less, doesn't mean there still isn't a lot of spotting. and many of the 3-d spotting in the game still tracks you behind cover still. Visually identifying your target. Checking your fire so you don't kill friendlies, No UI that robs your attention to the map.
    Flanking, using cover, proper point defense tactics, squad play. those things matter in hardcore and that's what some of us are missing.
    The ignorance that some of you have to actually tell us what we enjoyed is equal to what we have now is absolutely disgusting. We don't rag on you for enjoying common core

• Beat_Mangler80
    549 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    You take away that HUD of yours and none of you will be saying it's similar anymore. Guarantee it. Friend fire on - completely different. Forced 1st person vehicles views - get gud or go to normal mode.
    Hardcore mode is wildly different, a thousand times more realistic, and a level of immersion that takes on a new level. This is like having training wheels in comparison.
    I think they've always wanted to merge us into one big happy family but a bunch of us love hardcore and a bunch don't so they just have to deal with it. The naysayers can say all they want just stay away from our beloved mode.
    I am no longer cool with the tradition of releasing things like hardcore mode and rentable servers months after the game releases and I don't believe many other people are either. After immediate price drops and a lack of content and a bunch of promises on a very glitchy game, the precedent set for the next battlefield release is unbelievable, and that's without ALL the insulted people who have yet to have a chance to vote with their wallets. That release is going to be a doozy, even if it is two years away.
  • Kiril_d
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Right!

Please DICE give them the hardcore mod already and fix the game for the normal mode gamers. This mix is not working for both communities

• ChaoticallyCalm
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am not ragging on anyone. In bf4 and bf1, i have enjoyed hardcore, i made my points and all i did was ask you a question, you want hardcore your going to get it and servers, im just to tired of the complaints.
  • mwMcKenzie
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Please HC mode. It takes 5 headshots to kill someone... or 3 entire clips. Every player is a tank. I run into every situation like I'm Rambo and it works.