So EA has a contingency plan for BFV?

124»

Comments

• TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You know, releasing BF5 a month later was for a good reason, and in fact probably still too early. Too much competition to name just one.
    So what will that bring for the future? I'm confident they will do exactly what they promised before. All the dlc will be added for free. None will be skipped.
    As for sales figures, maybe they made enough cash, maybe not, but we don't know at this point. And we don't know how much this game will cost in 2019.
    I got it for €30 but that offer ends in january.

On a side note, I witnessed the divide with northern strike, and most dlc from BF3. Those servers died the quickest, leaving the vanilla (and bf3 karkand) maps to sustain a healthy player base for many years. So in that sense it's a good thing dlc is free, whether some of that will die or not.
    At least we will all have them.

It's funny how a game like no mans sky failed hard, and yet those devs are still supporting it with fixes and free added content. Isn't this just the new way of gaming? Releasing a game and supporting it for a long time, attracting new players, even after 2 years, thus creating a healthy player base for your product. Still getting income from it after that period by selling the game.
    Just look at steam games, there are very old games you can still buy and play on modern pc's.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    wc138 wrote: »
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    StormSaxon wrote: »
    What’s so special about 42?
    41 and 44 were the big years.

Why? 'Murica I assume?

If so, this post is is a classic example of why many people hate US attitudes......

People hate that American players want to play battles in which they participated? That American players want American arms and equipment, which they are familiar with, in a game involving a war in which their country participated?

I think maybe you just have a personal issue, friend.

Nope

No personal issue. Just pointing out the inability to see the bigger picture. BEFORE any US content, I would like to see some content produced that were not the same old boring Hollywood Pearl Harbour and DD day content.

Before we even get to 1942, there is MUCH significant content that perhaps a few US citizens in these forums might learn a thing or two from. Naming just a few. Given that Narvik and Arras are already cowed, I'll assume we will not go backwards so lets talk about in 1941 alone:

First Battle of French Indochina - The forces of Imperial Japan successfully invade French Indochina but leave the Vichy French forces in control.
    Battle of Dakar - An unsuccessful attempt by the Allies to capture the strategic port of Dakar from Vichy French control.
    Greco-Italian War - Italian forces invade Greece from Albania and are repelled. Greek counter-attack drives Italians back into Albania
    Battle of Taranto - British carrier-based planes destroy the Italian fleet in Taranto Harbor.
    Hundred Regiments Offensive - Major offensive by the Chinese Red Army against the Imperial Japanese Army.
    Battle of Sidi Barrani - The first big British attack of the Western Desert campaign.
    Battle of Ko Chang - Vichy French naval victory against naval forces of Thailand during French-Thai War.
    Battle of the Litani River - Australian forces cross the Litani River to begin the Syria-Lebanon Campaign against Vichy French forces.
    Battle of Damascus - Commonwealth and Allied forces take Damascus from the Vichy French.
    Battle of Beirut - Commonwealth and Allied forces take Beirut and the Vichy French surrender all forces in Syria and Lebanon.
    Battle of Keren - Commonwealth and Allied forces defeat Italian forces at Keren in the decisive battle of the East African Campaign.
    Battle of Cape Matapan - British fleet defeats Italian fleet.
    Invasion of Yugoslavia - Germany and Axis allies invade Yugoslavia via Germany, Italy, Hungary, Bulgaria, and Albania.
    Battle of Greece
    Battle of the Metaxas Line
    Battle of Vevi
    Battle of Thermopylae
    Battle of Crete - German paratroopers capture Crete, but suffer many casualties.

All of these major battles took place before the US even entered the war, but because many of them affected Asians, Arabs and Eastern Europeans, many of US students never get taught or get to hear about any of them. Of the list above I personally would LOVE to see some content based on fishing in China, Thailand, Damasus or Crete. Crete in particular would be epic.

Between 1942 and 1944 - there were epic battles fought such as Stalingrad, Malaya, Monte Cassino, that I would love to see. How about, Battle of Imphal and Battle of Kohima?

Here is my point: War did not start at Pearl Harbor and the beginning of the end was not at D-Day. That's what the US schools and Hollywood like to teach but there is a far richer tapestry to learn from than the stereotyped 'Murica Bro......'

Yes - There should be some great US content. But for someone to suggest that the key years of a 6 year war were when the US piled in is simply ignorant and arrogant. You might be interested to know that 16 counties amassed casualties and sacrifice greater than the US. These were:

Soviet Union
    China
    Germany
    Poland
    Dutch East Indies
    Japan
    India
    Yugoslavia
    French Indochina
    France
    Philippines
    Greece
    Romania
    Italy
    Korea
    Hungary
    United Kingdom
    United States

Just for some context, those countries listed above the US collectively lost about 70m people during WW2. The US lost 419,000. US casualties represented 0.4% of all deaths. India alone lost 6 times as many people as the US. So lets just agree that the US is probably not the 'biggest thing' or the 'most important'.

I'm sorry if that bursts your 'Murican bubble.
  • jlayton1982
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wc138 wrote: »
    What’s so special about 42?
    41 and 44 were the big years.

Why? 'Murica I assume?

If so, this post is is a classic example of why many people hate US attitudes......

People hate that American players want to play battles in which they participated? That American players want American arms and equipment, which they are familiar with, in a game involving a war in which their country participated?

Nope

No personal issue. Just pointing out the inability to see the bigger picture. BEFORE any US content, I would like to see some content produced that were not the same old boring Hollywood Pearl Harbour and DD day content.

Before we even get to 1942, there is MUCH significant content that perhaps a few US citizens in these forums might learn a thing or two from. Naming just a few. Given that Narvik and Arras are already cowed, I'll assume we will not go backwards so lets talk about in 1941 alone:

First Battle of French Indochina - The forces of Imperial Japan successfully invade French Indochina but leave the Vichy French forces in control.
    Battle of Dakar - An unsuccessful attempt by the Allies to capture the strategic port of Dakar from Vichy French control.
    Greco-Italian War - Italian forces invade Greece from Albania and are repelled. Greek counter-attack drives Italians back into Albania
    Battle of Taranto - British carrier-based planes destroy the Italian fleet in Taranto Harbor.
    Hundred Regiments Offensive - Major offensive by the Chinese Red Army against the Imperial Japanese Army.
    Battle of Sidi Barrani - The first big British attack of the Western Desert campaign.
    Battle of Ko Chang - Vichy French naval victory against naval forces of Thailand during French-Thai War.
    Battle of the Litani River - Australian forces cross the Litani River to begin the Syria-Lebanon Campaign against Vichy French forces.
    Battle of Damascus - Commonwealth and Allied forces take Damascus from the Vichy French.
    Battle of Beirut - Commonwealth and Allied forces take Beirut and the Vichy French surrender all forces in Syria and Lebanon.
    Battle of Keren - Commonwealth and Allied forces defeat Italian forces at Keren in the decisive battle of the East African Campaign.
    Invasion of Yugoslavia - Germany and Axis allies invade Yugoslavia via Germany, Italy, Hungary, Bulgaria, and Albania.
    Battle of Greece
    Battle of Vevi
    Battle of Thermopylae
    Battle of Crete - German paratroopers capture Crete, but suffer many casualties.

All of these major battles took place before the US even entered the war, but because many of them affected Asians, Arabs and Eastern Europeans, many of US students never get taught or get to hear about any of them. Of the list above I personally would LOVE to see some content based on fishing in China, Thailand, Damasus or Crete. Crete in particular would be epic.

Between 1942 and 1944 - there were epic battles fought such as Stalingrad, Malaya, Monte Cassino, that I would love to see. How about, Battle of Imphal and Battle of Kohima?

Here is my point: War did not start at Pearl Harbor and the beginning of the end was not at D-Day. That's what the US schools and Hollywood like to teach but there is a far richer tapestry to learn from than the stereotyped 'Murica Bro......'

Yes - There should be some great US content. But for someone to suggest that the key years of a 6 year war were when the US piled in is simply ignorant and arrogant. You might be interested to know that 16 counties amassed casualties and sacrifice greater than the US. These were:

Soviet Union
    China
    Germany
    Poland
    Dutch East Indies
    Japan
    India
    Yugoslavia
    French Indochina
    France
    Philippines
    Greece
    Romania
    Italy
    Korea
    Hungary
    United Kingdom
    United States

Just for some context, those countries listed above the US collectively lost about 70m people during WW2. The US lost 419,000. US casualties represented 0.4% of all deaths. India alone lost 6 times as many people as the US. So lets just agree that the US is probably not the 'biggest thing' or the 'most important'.

I think 'we' the British lost 300,000 soldiers, sailors and airmen in WW2.. we lost a hell of a lot of civilians to the Luftwaffe including my city of Belfast which was visited twice around Easter 1941 and bombed heavily because of the shipyard and aircraft factory.
  • Tony-yingc
    82 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm worried about whether these content will cause political discussion when it's made into a game.

Battle of Greece
    Battle of Vevi
    Battle of Thermopylae
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tony-yingc wrote: »
    I'm worried about whether these content will cause political discussion when it's made into a game.

Battle of Greece
    Battle of Vevi
    Battle of Thermopylae

Honestly please no Battle of Crete alias " Operation Merkur ". Because it will simply be too embarrassing seeing german Paratroopers jumping out from American C-47 Planes with british soldiers inside to invade an Island defended by Greek and British soldiers.
    It was the largest drop of Paratroopers at this point in the war and Dice will be even too lazy to create a JU-52 plane model.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    4356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The critism of Americans is not that they want to play using American troops...
    That s perfectly understandable.

But the attitude of some on here that 39-42 “is not WW2”. Or that it doesn’t “feel like WW2” because there’s not wake island or Iwo Jima... or referring to hardfought major operations as “little”... so, that would be THEM on the high horse.

That’s exactly my point. Well said.
  • 40PE
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

Nope

Battle of Greece
    Battle of Vevi
    Battle of Thermopylae

Soviet Union
    China
    Germany
    Poland
    Dutch East Indies
    Japan
    India
    Yugoslavia
    French Indochina
    France
    Philippines
    Greece
    Romania
    Italy
    Korea
    Hungary
    United Kingdom
    United States

I really thank your post man! I'm kind of sick of the America First ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ myself.
    Onto the topic though: I am so surprised that people started this topic back in August, where the game were not even released. Yet they were talking about how much the game and EA fails to deliver? Seriously what is this nonsense?

Currently: Am I playing a different game? Because even though I can understand the EA want more money and more sales, the servers are full, lot of players playing, and I believe this is the best BF I've ever played so far! What are they talking about ditching BFV? Who, where? Guys you really have to start looking at the game, and stop breeding negativity toward a group of people who put their heart into building something as amazing as BFV.

Sure there are stupid bugs -that gives me rage too!-, and I as HuwJarz pointed out, this BFV could go for years if they would plan and add the special extra content of countries, special locations, special game types even for particular battles!

If any Dev. is reading this or an admin: Please for the love of god, stop making new BFV! Follow the footsteps of Microsoft! Just build one software, like they do with Win10, add more content to it and fix it overtime! Sales will constantly pour in, this won't be a problem! But the 1-2 year lifecycle of a game is inpractical by now, as a gamer I don't want to have game "resets". I'm tired of starting over. I want to grow my love toward one game that grows onto me, and I can easily see BFV being such a game that I could play for 3-5 years easily!
    Post edited by 40PE on
  • Netranger9
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Netranger9 wrote: »
    EA is a absolute monster of a company.At a recent shareholder meeting,punches were thrown apparently.My parents own about 1 million dollars in ea shares,and they arn't worried at all.

Yeah, sure. A likely story. Didn't they bother sending you to a decent school with all that money? Perhaps they need to rethink their priorities........

I mean, everyone knows that you portfolio should be diversified....;-)

Just for the record,I have a PHD in Astrophysics,a commercial pilots licence and went to one of the best schools in my country. So what did you do again ?.
  • Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well, considering that the game was put on sale so quickly after launch, and then changed the TTK admitting that it was to encourage newer players whilst not admitting that the TTD was borked so it made no difference anyway, I'd say they don't have a plan.

Someone has been hitting every panic button in the building whilst reading every page of the Knee-Jerk Reaction manual. The publisher has so little faith in the game that they quickly put it on sale, and then make blanket changes to a core mechanic with no real thought to the consequences. Looking at that evidence, it's obvious there's no contingency plan. They can't even make the weekly content work for many people.

It's a shame really as the game had potential. Whether it will recover though, I don't know. Star Wars: Battlefront II was designed to sell loot boxes with little thought to the actual gameplay experience, something which became even more apparent once the loot box system was removed. The game was dull, uninspiring and boring. Most of the gameplay involved getting instagibbed by someone playing a hero. In fact, the core gameplay was so bad, that you actually scored points for getting killed...

...you scored points for getting killed!

Whatever the focus for BFV, it appears that the gameplay wasn't much of a factor. The beta was promising in that the game had a more cautious and tactical approach, but for some reason, they decided to revert to standard sniper-camper vs spray 'n' pray style, but even worse than usual.
  • Greeny_Huwjarz
    Just for the record,I have a PHD in Astrophysics,a commercial pilots licence and went to one of the best schools in my country. So what did you do again ?.

I don't believe you. But as you asked.......I went to one of Scotland's leading private schools, got a BSc degree in Economics and from the University of St Andrews (currently ranked no 3 university in the UK), and a Masters Degree in Information Management. I am now am the VP Sales (UK) for a global international business listed on the Dow Jones.

Oh yeah, I also did my PPL, and have several hundred hours of flying experience (but I have now let that lapse)

I'll back this with references from people in these forums that know me personally, and will vouch that the above credentials are true. How will you prove yours? I don't believe you.
  • Kongo030
    667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hated schools
  • VOLBANKER
    1717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Continue debating WW2 history and this thread will 100% be locked...just saying
  • Axlerod1
    1392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What is ea's next move?

• Kongo030
    667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ignoring the issues and spend more money in marketing campaigns...
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think EA will want to get the price of BFV down as quickly as possible. It could be $15/£15 in a month or two. I expect Firestorm to be the last major content released.

They could possibly announce a new FrostBite engine or similar, and a new Bad Company game for Autumn/Winter 2019 or early 2020.
  • Axlerod1
    1392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Star Wars Battlefront 3 is slated for Fall 2019
    Battlefield Bad Company 3 is slated for Fall 2020

Rumor is Bad Company 2 remastered is being looked at...

Another rumor is FIFA might get pulled from EA after 2022.
    Disney is still looking at other developers for future Star Wars Games too.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA is a absolute monster of a company.At a recent shareholder meeting,punches were thrown apparently.My parents own about 1 million dollars in ea shares,and they arn't worried at all.

Yeah, sure. A likely story. Didn't they bother sending you to a decent school with all that money? Perhaps they need to rethink their priorities........

I mean, everyone knows that you portfolio should be diversified....;-)

Lol...this one makes me laugh.

Stick to reading fortunes Mr PHD.
  • ragnarok013
    3878 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    This thread has degenerated into trolling and personal attacks so it's getting locked.

This discussion has been closed.