Its time to nerf Turner SMLE and Gewehr 43!

Comments

  • Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just remove the 3x scope for assaults and supports then. Fair enough.

    Semi auto rifles have small mags and bad reload time it's in bad place if you got outnumbered cqc-medium.
  • Slobberknob
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    3x for assault and support either needs to be removed, or glint added to ALL 3x Scopes. A recoil buff to recon SLRs (vs a recoil nerf to assualt SLRs) would probably be a better option. We want our weapons to feel powerful.

    A velocity buff for bolt actions would be great, or a damage buff (no body OHK though). One thing nobody has touched on though is points for spotting. If recon is to be left in it's current weaponry state, spotting needs to be more rewarding.

    The flare gun is basically a trash gadget now, and the spotting scope gives 10 points/spot. You get 5 for a damage spot. Support is awarded more for resupplying a teammate that can literally be shooting his gun in to the dirt at his feet.
    Post edited by Slobberknob on
  • Kiril_d
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Recon definitely needs a buff.

    Their spotting abilities should be rewarded more to encourage then to use them more often and help the team.

    And 3xscopes on SLRs should not have glint . This will hopefully led to more aggressive recon play instead of what we have now.
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All the assault semi autos are too good, the fully autos are fine imo.
  • Kiril_d
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For me the assault semi autos are the most fun weapons in the game. Completely spot on weapons. The one thing done right in the game. And now everyone want them 😀

    Finally assault feels powerful and some people are unhappy. Well the role of the assault is to be powerful and DiCE did it right this time. Great work!
  • FlaminPorcupine
    58 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    S_Markt wrote: »
    you fail to realise the gewehr and turner are RIFLES. what are rifles good at? long range combat as well as medium range. mabey you need to work on your aim and spatial awareness.
    Well, you seem to ignore that these ”rifles”, are outperforming recons SLRs at range... Recon should be the king of range, I couldnt care less if assaults are better then recon close up... Assaults should not be able to dominate like this... They need nerf...

    Dont speak to me about aim... I’m pretty confident mine is bigger then yours so to speak...

    all i can read here is : boohoo! salty cry! an assault has to hit you three times with a semiauto. he not only has to aim three times, he also has to deal with recoil. a recon does not have to deal with recoil, because a recon has got onehitwondereasymode. this means, an assault has to be more than three times as good as a recon at range. if you got killed by an assault at range its not the weapons fault, its yours. this whole thread is pathetic.

    The recoil on at least the G43 is very low though, making it very easy to get those three hits on target almost as fast as you can pull the trigger, plus with larger magazines it's more forgiving if you miss. Recon you have high recoil with the semi-auto weapons, or aiming at a small hitbox with a slow bolt action. Add scope glint to the recon which makes him stand out, and the net seems to be that at all but the longest of ranges, the assault has the advantage in the current meta.
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Niebaum666 wrote: »
    Niebaum666 wrote: »
    Get good at the game OP.

    This

    You still havent showed your stats yet, so dont try to belittle people when you have nothing to back it up for your own part...

    Get out of my thread since your not here to discuss... Last time I will tell you this...

    Or what?

    Besides, your own posts arent discussing anything, only a whole lot of whining because not everyone share your opinion.
    Or I will report you... Go back and read your comment again, and you see what I mean... Its rude...

    We are discussin alot of things here with overpowered assault class beeing the main subject... Since you are not here to discuss that, I suggest you go be rude somewhere else...

    Its not about not agreeing or having a different opinion, its about the way you say it... How much do you think a ”git gud” comment contributes to the topic!? The only reason you say this is trying to bait me into discussion with you, having to defend myself, and turn this whole thread into a circus...

    Heres my stats if thats so important to you: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/xbl/Skankhunter9090/overview

    Now stop with the ”git gud” comments...

    Oh, I almost forgot... Assault needs a nerf! :)

    For such a good KD your SPM is really low what game mode you play or do you simply not Ptfo your stats suggest that

    Also if you Nerf the G43 how far do you go, it’s a fine line between a gun being usable and unusable. It’s already very poor in CQB it’s purpose is to serve that medium to long range bracket. It has only 10 rounds with a crap 5 clip single bullet loading capacity so in my opinion the negatives outweigh the positives

    If you keep getting killed by the perfectly fine G43.. well I would blame yourself

    If you’re allowing yourself to be hit 4 times at long range because it’s 4BTK at range then .....
  • SwolasaurusFlex
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is the scopes and lack of recoil for pretty much every weapon in this game. The fact you can just point and click 3 times without moving the mouse to adjust for recoil makes the semis stupidly strong. Even with the 3x scope they are basically laser rifles.
  • SirBobdk
    5334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is the scopes and lack of recoil for pretty much every weapon in this game. The fact you can just point and click 3 times without moving the mouse to adjust for recoil makes the semis stupidly strong. Even with the 3x scope they are basically laser rifles.
    Spot on.
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You start messing around with recoil models you need to rework every weapon
  • SwolasaurusFlex
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You start messing around with recoil models you need to rework every weapon

    That's the problem. It seems no one actually thought that having semi auto and auto weapons like the ke7 with 3x scopes on them would not be a problem. It's like they've never played a battlefield game in the last 10 years and decided that "Why are my shots all inaccurate? I know, I'll make everything able to hip-fire and when you ADS it should always be a pinpoint dead on shot without moving my weapon whatsoever."

    Half the time I die in this game, I know either I got instantly 3 tapped by someone from across the world I couldn't see, or instantly shredded by an auto while they run around like rambo because taking up positioning doesn't matter in this game at all. None of the classes matter, just slap on that 3x scope and have a strong gun. You win every engagement.

    I don't know what happened between the beta and the full release, but I don't remember semi-autos dominating this hard, only the stg easymode, but even then it had some kind of recoil.
  • V99999
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Get good at the game OP.

    Did the guy with a sub 500spm and 50% win pct just tell someone to get good?
  • Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remove the 3x scope of assaults and supports.

    Will disencourage most of players to take mid-long engagements.

    And ... well most of WW2 soldiers didn't use scopes.

    Let the scopes to recon only.

    P.s : I'm a assault player.
  • Psycomad
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Am i the only one laughing at this, you don't need scopes to shoot people beyond 50m.
  • Psycomad
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is the scopes and lack of recoil for pretty much every weapon in this game. The fact you can just point and click 3 times without moving the mouse to adjust for recoil makes the semis stupidly strong. Even with the 3x scope they are basically laser rifles.

    And the unlocks are for hip-fireing, shoot while moving.
    "No recoil' is assault class, other classes have recoil
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Niebaum666 wrote: »
    Niebaum666 wrote: »
    Get good at the game OP.

    This

    You still havent showed your stats yet, so dont try to belittle people when you have nothing to back it up for your own part...

    Get out of my thread since your not here to discuss... Last time I will tell you this...

    Or what?

    Besides, your own posts arent discussing anything, only a whole lot of whining because not everyone share your opinion.
    Or I will report you... Go back and read your comment again, and you see what I mean... Its rude...

    We are discussin alot of things here with overpowered assault class beeing the main subject... Since you are not here to discuss that, I suggest you go be rude somewhere else...

    Its not about not agreeing or having a different opinion, its about the way you say it... How much do you think a ”git gud” comment contributes to the topic!? The only reason you say this is trying to bait me into discussion with you, having to defend myself, and turn this whole thread into a circus...

    Heres my stats if thats so important to you: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/xbl/Skankhunter9090/overview

    Now stop with the ”git gud” comments...

    Oh, I almost forgot... Assault needs a nerf! :)

    For such a good KD your SPM is really low what game mode you play or do you simply not Ptfo your stats suggest that

    Also if you Nerf the G43 how far do you go, it’s a fine line between a gun being usable and unusable. It’s already very poor in CQB it’s purpose is to serve that medium to long range bracket. It has only 10 rounds with a crap 5 clip single bullet loading capacity so in my opinion the negatives outweigh the positives

    If you keep getting killed by the perfectly fine G43.. well I would blame yourself

    If you’re allowing yourself to be hit 4 times at long range because it’s 4BTK at range then .....
    I play conquest only! I do ptfo, revive team when I can, play very strategic etc., but as a recon you get very low SPM doing so in BFV, at least in conquest...

    Compare that to my scout in BF1 were I played conquest only as well... My SPM much higher...

    BF1 stats: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/xbox/Skankhunter9090


    Your right it is a fine line, and that is also a problem... I dont know the best way to nerf this rifle (more recoil maybe), only thing I care for is that it shouldnt intrude on recon medium to long range combat... Recon class gives up everything else to be the must effective in these ranges...

    The Gewehr 43, Turner SMLE, doesnt hurt the recon sniper, camping on a hill close to spawn... It hurts the ptfo recon only...

    I dont think its fair assault beeing able to dominate like this... Some class balance is needed here...



  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Niebaum666 wrote: »
    Niebaum666 wrote: »
    Get good at the game OP.

    This

    You still havent showed your stats yet, so dont try to belittle people when you have nothing to back it up for your own part...

    Get out of my thread since your not here to discuss... Last time I will tell you this...

    Or what?

    Besides, your own posts arent discussing anything, only a whole lot of whining because not everyone share your opinion.
    Or I will report you... Go back and read your comment again, and you see what I mean... Its rude...

    We are discussin alot of things here with overpowered assault class beeing the main subject... Since you are not here to discuss that, I suggest you go be rude somewhere else...

    Its not about not agreeing or having a different opinion, its about the way you say it... How much do you think a ”git gud” comment contributes to the topic!? The only reason you say this is trying to bait me into discussion with you, having to defend myself, and turn this whole thread into a circus...

    Heres my stats if thats so important to you: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/xbl/Skankhunter9090/overview

    Now stop with the ”git gud” comments...

    Oh, I almost forgot... Assault needs a nerf! :)

    For such a good KD your SPM is really low what game mode you play or do you simply not Ptfo your stats suggest that

    Also if you Nerf the G43 how far do you go, it’s a fine line between a gun being usable and unusable. It’s already very poor in CQB it’s purpose is to serve that medium to long range bracket. It has only 10 rounds with a crap 5 clip single bullet loading capacity so in my opinion the negatives outweigh the positives

    If you keep getting killed by the perfectly fine G43.. well I would blame yourself

    If you’re allowing yourself to be hit 4 times at long range because it’s 4BTK at range then .....
    I play conquest only! I do ptfo, revive team when I can, play very strategic etc., but as a recon you get very low SPM doing so in BFV, at least in conquest...

    Compare that to my scout in BF1 were I played conquest only as well... My SPM much higher...

    BF1 stats: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/xbox/Skankhunter9090


    Your right it is a fine line, and that is also a problem... I dont know the best way to nerf this rifle (more recoil maybe), only thing I care for is that it shouldnt intrude on recon medium to long range combat... Recon class gives up everything else to be the must effective in these ranges...

    The Gewehr 43, Turner SMLE, doesnt hurt the recon sniper, camping on a hill close to spawn... It hurts the ptfo recon only...

    I dont think its fair assault beeing able to dominate like this... Some class balance is needed here...



    I think what you need, is rather than nerfing the G43 because mid to long range is its zone, the Recon class needs its 2HK distance massively increased

    The AL 8 needs less recoil so does the RSC

    I think that’s the way to go

    In BF1 man the RSC was my 2nd most used weapon

    Regarding your SPM.. I dunno man I’m not entirely convinced. Are you avoiding objectives playing more cautiously ? You have a great KD so that’s clearly important to you which is fine, it is to me to I just struggle to believe your SPM is that low mine is 560 and I feel I am sometimes a bit lazy capping and defending
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Niebaum666 wrote: »
    Niebaum666 wrote: »
    Get good at the game OP.

    This

    You still havent showed your stats yet, so dont try to belittle people when you have nothing to back it up for your own part...

    Get out of my thread since your not here to discuss... Last time I will tell you this...

    Or what?

    Besides, your own posts arent discussing anything, only a whole lot of whining because not everyone share your opinion.
    Or I will report you... Go back and read your comment again, and you see what I mean... Its rude...

    We are discussin alot of things here with overpowered assault class beeing the main subject... Since you are not here to discuss that, I suggest you go be rude somewhere else...

    Its not about not agreeing or having a different opinion, its about the way you say it... How much do you think a ”git gud” comment contributes to the topic!? The only reason you say this is trying to bait me into discussion with you, having to defend myself, and turn this whole thread into a circus...

    Heres my stats if thats so important to you: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/xbl/Skankhunter9090/overview

    Now stop with the ”git gud” comments...

    Oh, I almost forgot... Assault needs a nerf! :)

    For such a good KD your SPM is really low what game mode you play or do you simply not Ptfo your stats suggest that

    Also if you Nerf the G43 how far do you go, it’s a fine line between a gun being usable and unusable. It’s already very poor in CQB it’s purpose is to serve that medium to long range bracket. It has only 10 rounds with a crap 5 clip single bullet loading capacity so in my opinion the negatives outweigh the positives

    If you keep getting killed by the perfectly fine G43.. well I would blame yourself

    If you’re allowing yourself to be hit 4 times at long range because it’s 4BTK at range then .....
    I play conquest only! I do ptfo, revive team when I can, play very strategic etc., but as a recon you get very low SPM doing so in BFV, at least in conquest...

    Compare that to my scout in BF1 were I played conquest only as well... My SPM much higher...

    BF1 stats: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/xbox/Skankhunter9090


    Your right it is a fine line, and that is also a problem... I dont know the best way to nerf this rifle (more recoil maybe), only thing I care for is that it shouldnt intrude on recon medium to long range combat... Recon class gives up everything else to be the must effective in these ranges...

    The Gewehr 43, Turner SMLE, doesnt hurt the recon sniper, camping on a hill close to spawn... It hurts the ptfo recon only...

    I dont think its fair assault beeing able to dominate like this... Some class balance is needed here...



    I think what you need, is rather than nerfing the G43 because mid to long range is its zone, the Recon class needs its 2HK distance massively increased

    The AL 8 needs less recoil so does the RSC

    I think that’s the way to go

    In BF1 man the RSC was my 2nd most used weapon

    Regarding your SPM.. I dunno man I’m not entirely convinced. Are you avoiding objectives playing more cautiously ? You have a great KD so that’s clearly important to you which is fine, it is to me to I just struggle to believe your SPM is that low mine is 560 and I feel I am sometimes a bit lazy capping and defending

    It's pretty normal for Recon players to have a lower SPM than others. It's in the nature of the class being weak for engaging multiple opponents over a short duration and being aggressive.

    Still, I'm sitting at 440 SPM and a 2.35 KDR with Recon. My assault class is at 522 SPM and a 2.54 KDR. I mostly play Conquest.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Niebaum666 wrote: »
    Niebaum666 wrote: »
    Get good at the game OP.

    This

    You still havent showed your stats yet, so dont try to belittle people when you have nothing to back it up for your own part...

    Get out of my thread since your not here to discuss... Last time I will tell you this...

    Or what?

    Besides, your own posts arent discussing anything, only a whole lot of whining because not everyone share your opinion.
    Or I will report you... Go back and read your comment again, and you see what I mean... Its rude...

    We are discussin alot of things here with overpowered assault class beeing the main subject... Since you are not here to discuss that, I suggest you go be rude somewhere else...

    Its not about not agreeing or having a different opinion, its about the way you say it... How much do you think a ”git gud” comment contributes to the topic!? The only reason you say this is trying to bait me into discussion with you, having to defend myself, and turn this whole thread into a circus...

    Heres my stats if thats so important to you: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/xbl/Skankhunter9090/overview

    Now stop with the ”git gud” comments...

    Oh, I almost forgot... Assault needs a nerf! :)

    For such a good KD your SPM is really low what game mode you play or do you simply not Ptfo your stats suggest that

    Also if you Nerf the G43 how far do you go, it’s a fine line between a gun being usable and unusable. It’s already very poor in CQB it’s purpose is to serve that medium to long range bracket. It has only 10 rounds with a crap 5 clip single bullet loading capacity so in my opinion the negatives outweigh the positives

    If you keep getting killed by the perfectly fine G43.. well I would blame yourself

    If you’re allowing yourself to be hit 4 times at long range because it’s 4BTK at range then .....
    I play conquest only! I do ptfo, revive team when I can, play very strategic etc., but as a recon you get very low SPM doing so in BFV, at least in conquest...

    Compare that to my scout in BF1 were I played conquest only as well... My SPM much higher...

    BF1 stats: https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf1/profile/xbox/Skankhunter9090


    Your right it is a fine line, and that is also a problem... I dont know the best way to nerf this rifle (more recoil maybe), only thing I care for is that it shouldnt intrude on recon medium to long range combat... Recon class gives up everything else to be the must effective in these ranges...

    The Gewehr 43, Turner SMLE, doesnt hurt the recon sniper, camping on a hill close to spawn... It hurts the ptfo recon only...

    I dont think its fair assault beeing able to dominate like this... Some class balance is needed here...



    I think what you need, is rather than nerfing the G43 because mid to long range is its zone, the Recon class needs its 2HK distance massively increased

    The AL 8 needs less recoil so does the RSC

    I think that’s the way to go

    In BF1 man the RSC was my 2nd most used weapon

    Regarding your SPM.. I dunno man I’m not entirely convinced. Are you avoiding objectives playing more cautiously ? You have a great KD so that’s clearly important to you which is fine, it is to me to I just struggle to believe your SPM is that low mine is 560 and I feel I am sometimes a bit lazy capping and defending
    Well then they need to reduce recoil on our other 2 SLRs as well, the ZH-29 and selbstlader 1906 (reload need to be faster on the selbst as well)...

    Well, that SPM is what it is... I play mostly alone and not with a squad in BFV, playing with a squad SPM would probably be higher...

    I cant just rush into objectives as a recon in conquest, I have to play it smart, especially when I’m playing alone... I push behind my team (25-50 m) towards it (help kill things and spot), and once enemy eliminated I go and cap with them... Other times I take out those enemies I see, and then take objective myself, sometimes I die getting rushed by 5-6 enemy while doing so, other times I kill them all and take objective for myself...

    I use my spotting scope all the time, even in close range, but I dont seem to get much score for it, but it helps team yes...

    I think its hard to get good SPM as a recon in BFV... I dont know if it is because I play only conquest or why... Or that I play alone... Never really cared about the SPM thing, in BF1 it was fine for me, but now when you mention it, it start to concern me...


  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    638 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm actually enjoying the RSC. It's got a pretty decent 3 hit kill range but needs the recoil specialization imo.
Sign In or Register to comment.