Battlefield V MP annoyances list based on my 200H Experience

j232211V7
81 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
As a new Battlefield user who has played a lot since day one who had previous shooter experience in games like Battlefront 1/2 and COD BO4, here my list of observations for the actual BF5 MP experience:

1. Most People don’t play objectives, plain and simple, ruining the total MP experience for that particular game mode you chose to play, how else can you explain a turn over when my team was beating 160-38 in DOM and we end losing the game by 20.
2. K/D stats are cancer, while most will argue BF franchise is about stats, etc, it also doesn’t incentive the young player base of risking their K/Ds by capturing objectives.
3. Most clan players with cool name tags are the worst, they give up easily if the game is not easy enough, they will do whatever takes to preserve their jewel K/Ds, winning a match is not relevant for them, farming/zerg behavior is.
4. Lack of proper team work among players, lack of common sense among clan players as well, I have been kicked out of their squad a few times for playing strictly objective, because I chose to capture the objective in the middle of a crossfire instead of reviving them and risk losing a really tight game, I was not medic.
5. Rage quitters, I heard the most absurd excuses here to justify an early quitting, ironically some of those players are really good ones who decide to abandon the game when they find (try hard players) or they are going negative. There was one game when my whole team left within the first 5 minutes and we were only 2 players against 16.
6. No sportsmanship or game etiquette, as I really started improving my game, angry players send nasty messages to my psn account because I killed them too many times and apparently they are not used to it.
7. People keep getting good at this game on a daily basis, some of my friends who played with me since day one and stopped playing for Christmas season(10 days or so) cannot find rhythm anymore and decided to give up with the game.
Post edited by j232211V7 on

Comments

• Robonzo1981
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    number 4!!!! haha so many times I've been kicked from a squad. I was the MVP on the team and joined a squad of 2 and got repeatedly kicked by the owner - he was a 'sniper' AKA biggest camper I've seen, sat 400m off any objective with a k/d of 8-1 hardly useful, I think he got angry cos I spawned on him and he didn't like his position being given away. It's rather sad.

• Deltium
    34 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The one point that I strongly agree with is the value of capturing Objectives. I too value that highly, and it is HIGHLY IMPORTANT to win a match, and many people forget that capturing an objective gives an immediate spawning point, which can typically turn the game materially. Therefore, I would strongly recommend that points for capturing Objectives should be higher, to give a greater incentive to players like us who actually care about helping the Team and not just ourselves !! :-)
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What platform are you on? I’m on PS4 and a so called ”clan player”, but I value to win over everything else. Would be nice to Squad up if you want?
  • Hades_ls_Back
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    you cant force people into your playstyle.. not everyone plays to rush flags with stg44.... i dont cap flags cause i lose 9/10 close range firefights..i win at long range sniping and flanking enemy from hidden line of sight aka camping aka mmg

as said if kd is cancer then win/lose should be removed to.. not everyone gives a fk about win/lose.. its about having fun, some get fun from seeing one number getting divided by another (k/d) while others get fun from seeing 3 words (win)
  • afkmacro
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You're not wrong but these things are all true about any FPS game. It's not like battlefield 5 players are a special breed, they're the same people in every other game, not literally but on average their behaviors are identical.
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Unfortunately most of these issues are player related and is hard for devs to fix.

Even if they up the point total for playing the objective and giving an extra 200-300 score for obj kills people would still prefer they insane 3+kd even when they are bottom 1/3rd of the team.

Maybe once visibility is adjusted along with some lighting issues we may see less camping and more obj play.

• Robonzo1981
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Unfortunately most of these issues are player related and is hard for devs to fix.

Even if they up the point total for playing the objective and giving an extra 200-300 score for obj kills people would still prefer they insane 3+kd even when they are bottom 1/3rd of the team.

Maybe once visibility is adjusted along with some lighting issues we may see less camping and more obj play.

Actually they could fix it - remember at the end of BF1 rounds there'd be a screen of 'honours' 5 best players for things they achieved in the match - i'd love to see a return of that but honour objective based play. You could give medals for it, and every 10th medal unlocks an exclusive for the player. Might not change the k/d obsessed but it would at least reward the objective players and shuffle up the game types potentially
  • BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    j232211V7 wrote: »
    As a new Battlefield user who has played a lot since day one who had previous shooter experience in games like Battlefront 1/2 and COD BO4, here my list of observations for the actual BF5 MP experience:

1. Most People don’t play objectives, plain and simple, ruining the total MP experience for that particular game mode you chose to play, how else can you explain a turn over when my team was beating 160-38 in DOM and we end losing the game by 20.
    2. K/D stats are cancer, while most will argue BF franchise is about stats, etc, it also doesn’t incentive the young player base of risking their K/Ds by capturing objectives.
    3. Most clan players with cool name tags are the worst, they give up easily if the game is not easy enough, they will do whatever takes to preserve their jewel K/Ds, winning a match is not relevant for them, farming/zerg behavior it’s.
    4. Lack of proper team work among players, lack of common sense among clan players as well, I have been kicked out of their squad a few times for playing strictly objective, because I chose to capture the objective in the middle of a crossfire instead of reviving them and risk losing a really tight game, I was not medic.
    5. Rage quitters, I heard the most absurd excuses here to justify an early quitting, ironically some of those players are really good ones who decide to abandon the game when they find (try hard players) or they are going negative. There was one game when my whole team left within the first 5 minutes and we were only 2 players against 16.
    6. No sportsmanship or game etiquette, as I really started improving my game, angry players send nasty messages to my psn account because I killed them too many times and apparently they are not used to it.
    7. People keep getting good at this game on a daily basis, some of my friends who played with me since day one and stopped playing for Christmas season(10 days or so) cannot find rhythm anymore and decided to give up with the game.

Clans don't mean anything in this game. I see a bunch of people just making clans just so they can wear a tag. It's not an actual organized group of people.

And im impressed with the hate mail. It takes 3 minutes to load the persons profile on ps4 😂😂😂
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Actually they could fix it - remember at the end of BF1 rounds there'd be a screen of 'honours' 5 best players for things they achieved in the match - i'd love to see a return of that but honour objective based play. You could give medals for it, and every 10th medal unlocks an exclusive for the player. Might not change the k/d obsessed but it would at least reward the objective players and shuffle up the game types potentially

I stopped BF1 early on as I did not like it so can't comment on that. They already give a bunch of extra points for obj play and its not working. Giving exclusives may help but won't stop many people. The ones that are doing what you mention find 1 gun 1 load out and use it religiously so that exclusive means next to nothing for them. And if the exclusive is just a skin many don't care for skins, myself included. The only skins i work towards are weapon camos and only on the weapons I like.
  • trip1ex
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

3. Most clan players with cool name tags are the worst, they give up easily if the game is not easy enough, they will do whatever takes to preserve their jewel K/Ds, winning a match is not relevant for them, farming/zerg behavior it’s.

Very accurate description. Unfortunately hardly unique to BFV. It's true of all BF games.

They could create a mode within the game to attack these issues head on and create a better experience but so far they haven't.
  • Khrimm
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Most of the game time i switch squads until i find one that attacks together....

Almost all squads are scattered throughout the map and dont care about squad leader orders.
  • Hawxxeye
    4753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    1, 2 and 3 mostly.

I was on the winning side of a Conquest in Hamada as axis side and there was some guy on the enemy team ranting about how this map was bad [his team failed to keep more than 2 bases and they did not used vehicles to get around and cap E, F and G (one lone bailing pilot tried but I dropped a 1000 bomb at him when he tried to get the the AA in G)].
    So I pointed him out that they should had been driving past the first bases and backdoor us.
    On the next round on Fjell he had went over my stats and started bashing my ( slowly rising) 0.92 k/d over his 2.2 k/d and about how he was not being salty but I was the one being salty and then he started saying about SPM etc... I did ended up getting 2k more score that round than him and he quietly ragequit after though
  • Mangrey
    163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would like to see K/D removed or just not showen. make it a full point system point/min or point/death insted
  • On-Swift-Wings
    304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I consider no. 6 a personal honor.
  • j232211V7
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    you cant force people into your playstyle.. not everyone plays to rush flags with stg44.... i dont cap flags cause i lose 9/10 close range firefights..i win at long range sniping and flanking enemy from hidden line of sight aka camping aka mmg

as said if kd is cancer then win/lose should be removed to.. not everyone gives a fk about win/lose.. its about having fun, some get fun from seeing one number getting divided by another (k/d) while others get fun from seeing 3 words (win)

Wow, you automatically assumed I was assault class with STG 44. FYI, I purely use support class combine with a MMG weapon(100% of the time) to capture and hold objectives. Maybe you need some tips how to properly use a MMG weapon, how to play agressively and how to handle STG 44 players and SMG players close range. Peace.
  • mikebostonmike
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My annoyances are strictly with the game design. I've had maybe 3 or 4 enjoyable rounds out of maybe 200 total. I play on PS4 Pro.

1. Enemy footsteps are non-existent pretty much all the time. 90% of my deaths are from players that seemed to appear directly behind me with no warning, or those prone campers just laying on a pile of rubbish that don't move and are invisible.
    2. Getting stuck on the environment has killed me innumerable times. It was bad in BF1, but it's on another level with BFV.
    3. Insta-killed constantly while my bullets seem to go through people's heads.
    4. Ten feet away from an incendiary grenade and still burn to death from it because apparently it's in a different place than on my screen.
    5. Just had a revive bug where my character was stuck on the 'dying' screen but I couldn't get back to the deploy screen, so I just had to lay there or quit out.
    6. Silent tanks/panzerfaust rockets going through tanks without damaging them.
    7. Sometimes it feels like the game is intentionally pulling my shots off target, even when I'm standing still aiming at another player standing still in the distance. The shots seem to go anywhere but where I shoot them.
    8. Getting killed through hills/around corners constantly. I've been 30 feet behind cover before and still die from someone around a corner. My ping is ~35 every game, so not on my end.
    9. Rockets/grenade rifle grenades literally hit other players and do 0 damage more often than not.

I just got so frustrated with things in the game that I uninstalled it. I'm glad I got my deluxe preorder refunding, and only paid $35 for it a couple weeks ago instead. I seriously feel like I'm having a completely different experience in a technical sense than all the people that like this twitchy CoD as BF sorry excuse for a game.
  • j232211V7
    My annoyances are strictly with the game design. I've had maybe 3 or 4 enjoyable rounds out of maybe 200 total. I play on PS4 Pro.

1. Enemy footsteps are non-existent pretty much all the time. 90% of my deaths are from players that seemed to appear directly behind me with no warning, or those prone campers just laying on a pile of rubbish that don't move and are invisible.
    2. Getting stuck on the environment has killed me innumerable times. It was bad in BF1, but it's on another level with BFV.
    4. Ten feet away from an incendiary grenade and still burn to death from it because apparently it's in a different place than on my screen.
    5. Just had a revive bug where my character was stuck on the 'dying' screen but I couldn't get back to the deploy screen, so I just had to lay there or quit out.
    7. Sometimes it feels like the game is intentionally pulling my shots off target, even when I'm standing still aiming at another player standing still in the distance. The shots seem to go anywhere but where I shoot them.
    8. Getting killed through hills/around corners constantly. I've been 30 feet behind cover before and still die from someone around a corner. My ping is ~35 every game, so not on my end.
    9. Rockets/grenade rifle grenades literally hit other players and do 0 damage more often than not.

I just got so frustrated with things in the game that I uninstalled it. I'm glad I got my deluxe preorder refunding, and only paid $35 for it a couple weeks ago instead. I seriously feel like I'm having a completely different experience in a technical sense than all the people that like this twitchy CoD as BF sorry excuse for a game.

Agree with number 1 and number 5, number 5 happened to me 3 times, after latest patch seems like has been fixed. Are you on PC or console?
  • mikebostonmike
    92 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Agree with number 1 and number 5, number 5 happened to me 3 times, after latest patch seems like has been fixed. Are you on PC or console?

5 just happened to me yesterday. I'm on PS4 Pro with a 1 Gbps internet connection directly connected with ethernet cable. Sometimes it seems like I'm experiencing a different game than others. Actually, I got placed into a European server and had a 157 ping, which was the highest on the server and the game somehow felt better than it does at my normal 20-35 ping. I did really well and nothing seemed broken, but when i have a good connection, everything is terrible.
  • PopsiclePrime
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I must be playing a different BF V. I am playing on PC, and most of the time my ping is around 10. I live in Washington State. So I am assuming that I am on a west coast server and that most of the people I play with are on the west coast. Maybe, maybe not. But my experience in the 155 hours I have played is that 60 of the 64 players are doing nothing but capping flags. They run from one flag to the other as fast as they can. They don't even bother clearing the flag of left over enemy before going to the next flag. And none of them care about which flag they are taking. They just run to the next closest flag and take it. Period. There aren't snipers "camping" at the edge of the map, or bipod LMGs lying in wait anywhere. They are all constantly moving, constantly. They don't care if the enemy comes from ahead, left, right or behind them; because they can just respawn if they die. Very rarely do any of the "Top Scorers" have less than 10 deaths. Most of the time they only have 10 or 15 kills more than deaths. They try to say because they have 52 kills they did the most for their team; ummmm, not if you have 35 or 40 deaths. The guy on your team who was 20 and 2 did more for your team than you did.