Deluxe Edition "Kick-Back"

Catsonspeeed
605 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
"- Deluxe Edition Value: It's clear our community is questioning the value of Deluxe Edition and the items you received in Airlifts, Paratrooper skins, and Special Assignments. We are escalating internally to see what we can do to detail value more and potentially provide a kick-back for those who purchase DE."

Wonder what skins we will get. I would be happy for an extra assignment, a one that would take 5 minutes to complete with an reward of 50.000 CC, I think then I'd be happy with my Deluxe Edition.

Comments

• afkmacro
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hope they don't try to sweep this one under the rug.
  • pest174
    785 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    afkmacro wrote: »
    I hope they don't try to sweep this one under the rug.

Agreed. If they actually follow through with it, then I'm that much more content with my purchase.
  • Catsonspeeed
    605 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One thing that is pretty badly broken with the Deluxe Edition, is the fact that on PS4 only one account can get that extra content. If let's say my son, friend, or whoever would be playing this, he couldn't have access to any of it. With the Premium, all accounts had all the Premium content available. Do they really think that people would buy DE add on to all the family members and friends separately?
  • Robonzo1981
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree it's a really poor value version but it's also hard to distinguish what is the weekly drop - as it just appears in your armory but doesn't say 'deluxe reward' or anything. Unlike BF1 which gave you a crate which you had to open to unlock the reward and you clearly knew it was the monthly crate as opposed to one won through gameplay
  • Tee_Doff2369
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not really impressed with the DE offerings. The outfits were 'ok', but the skins only being for two starting guns and a pistol I don't like is a bit meh. Waiting 20 weeks as well is also rubbish...
  • Catsonspeeed
    I would've much rather had more special assignments, with proper CC prizes, not that lousy 400 CC than any of the skins.

Just to have enough CC to unlock all the vehicle and weapon specializations. It does feel a bit silly having spent 90€ for this, and now I'm not even able to get all the unlocks, because the CC income just stopped dead.
  • pest174
    785 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not really impressed with the DE offerings. The outfits were 'ok', but the skins only being for two starting guns and a pistol I don't like is a bit meh. Waiting 20 weeks as well is also rubbish...

Skins for 2 guns, a pistol skin, 1 outfit set for the allies, and an emblem all spread out in 20 weeks. Who thought this would be a good idea? It's Massively rubbish.

I'm actually surprised they thought there wouldn't be any sort of backlash for this, and that everything would be smooth sailing.
  • Quasar9111
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    are people really that into cosmetic items ?? i dont really look at them nor do i look at other characters and think wow, look at that, Im glad in a way im not fussed about this, as i tend to save all coins/credit in any game any purchase something actually useful.
  • Naskoni
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "- Deluxe Edition Value: It's clear our community is questioning the value of Deluxe Edition and the items you received in Airlifts, Paratrooper skins, and Special Assignments. We are escalating internally to see what we can do to detail value more and potentially provide a kick-back for those who purchase DE."

Wonder what skins we will get. I would be happy for an extra assignment, a one that would take 5 minutes to complete with an reward of 50.000 CC, I think then I'd be happy with my Deluxe Edition.

If the 20 "Airlifts" were the same value as each unlock in Tides of War, namely one FULL weapon skin for EACH "Airlift" and they had thrown as an absolute minimum one FULL soldier outfit (legs, chest, hat) for each faction (2 full outfits in total, i.e. 6 parts) + skins for vehicles (2 tanks + 2 planes at least, again for each faction, i.e. 8 in total) then it would have been a decent purchase. As it stands each "Airlift" being one pitiful part of a weapon skin set is a joke. The outfit included seems to be a simple recolor of already existing clothing too. It's more of an insult than a reward.
  • Catsonspeeed
    Quasar9111 wrote: »
    are people really that into cosmetic items ?? i dont really look at them nor do i look at other characters and think wow, look at that, Im glad in a way im not fussed about this, as i tend to save all coins/credit in any game any purchase something actually useful.

The problem is that you don't earn enough CC to unlock all the planes, tanks and every weapon. Not even if you do all the special DE assignments. Unless you have been lucky enough and by some miracle have received those post lvl. 50 CC's.
  • pest174

No, I just hate getting ripped-off. We paid real world money for this. I really thought this 'read the fine print' trend would die out by now in video games.

I'm thinking back at the last few games I've pre-ordered or purchased deluxe editions of, and none had an an inkling of ambiguity. I knew exactly what I was paying for.
  • NuthinButSteel
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Could you link the original post?
  • Catsonspeeed

Could you link the original post?

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/172328/battlefield-v-reddit-amaa-today-at-10a-pt-1p-et-7p-cet#latest
  • NuthinButSteel
    148 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thanks, good to see them working on something. Some extra company coin would certainly help out a lot or some exclusive skins that actually stand out from the rest and look good.
  • Loki_Deezie
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe they should just give all DE users a 1 time 30k CC along with the 20 airlifts. This would go a long way. Maybe once premium currency comes out give them all a starter of like 1000 (not sure what the price will be for these) or at least 10-20$ worth.
  • afkmacro
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I don't many games in a year, maybe two on average at this point so when I buy something extra I expect it to be worth it, I just noticed the other day that the DE skins are just reskins of the normal "common" outfits.
  • l_water_l
    1537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Well the "red devil" skins are a joke. Only giving you a single piece of the set each week and not even for the same weapon. Its not even a cool skinset to begin with but it just erks me that they then don't even give you an avenue to get the rest of the set.
  • Woodlbrad
    496 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Good deluxe is a joke.
  • BFB-LeCharybdis
    661 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The only thing they've sent me are a naff pair of pants, cheeky ****
  • wc138
    1109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They'll end up offering something, months down the road, and it'll likely be something equally ridiculous. Their track record for pleasing the fans has really gone out the window with BFV.