Why Were Medics Ignored with ToW Rewards

Comments

  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    honestly the old class system was perfect... dunno why dice decided to fix something that isnt broken..

    assault, engineer, support, recon

    It really wasn't. Noone with a brain played anything other than assault or engineer (just to fix tanks/helis and fire rockets). M16A3/AEK/ACE/SCAR-H + infinite self heals easily murdered every other infantry threat at every range

    Current system is better than BF3/4 in that Attrition requires at least some Supports and Medics to keep the OP assaults pushing forward (Recon is pointless once the beacon is in place) but this is something that BF1 actually got quite right, IMO.

    Medics with G43, Turner, Carbine etc., Assault given SMGs and Recon given dynamite would fix 99% of its problems
  • MarkFury67
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    I have no clue why DICE has continuously crapped on medics this game but it is getting really, really old and quick.

    BF4 they were OP for most of the game's life-cycle. BF1 they could easily dominate most ranges.
  • bran1986
    5576 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MarkFury67 wrote: »
    bran1986 wrote: »
    I have no clue why DICE has continuously crapped on medics this game but it is getting really, really old and quick.

    BF4 they were OP for most of the game's life-cycle. BF1 they could easily dominate most ranges.

    I agree with Battlefield 4, I hated the merging of the medic and assault classes into one class, it was horrible for balance. Disagree with BF1. The medic cqb weapons by the time ttk 2.0 were outgunned by the assault and the support classes with the SMG 08 and Burton. The mid range guns were good but had a decent amount of recoil and spread, not to mention as the game progressed the mid range capability of all classes was greatly extended.
  • KamotengKahoy14
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I dunno why you are refering to the old games BF4 and Bf1 we are talking about how unejoyable it is to play as medic now and what suggestions are needed to improve it. Also if you want to go back in BF4 even if assault was OP with the best guns I would still enjoy playing support because they had the infinite bullets C4 for armored stuff and that xm4 for campers. Snipers had c4/claymore and ofcourse the ever usefull spawn beacon. Then Engineer was mr fix all and anti armor/aircraft. Basically medic now is mr smoke and mr revive thats it.
  • CoD_Is_Number_1
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Medics can use the Ratburner helmet so they don't have to see how weak their weapons are.

    But yeah, it seems odd that Support, Assault, and Recon all got a weapon, but Medic didn't. I'm sure there was something they could have added.
  • FillthyCasuall
    96 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its funny that people say the medic is "abandoned" or "just hot garbage" but i still see people playing the class, still reviving, still throwing smokes out, still doing really well. I being one of them. I may not be top of the board every game but i do my part and so are other poeple. Why? Because they would rather just take the gimp, move on and help where needed. Not come to the forums to throw up the 9001 thread of "mEdIc ClAsS sUcKs"

    You just want ezpz. kthxbye
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Because DICE doesn't want you playing Medic, their weapons should be enough to tell you that.
  • bran1986
    5576 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Medics can use the Ratburner helmet so they don't have to see how weak their weapons are.

    But yeah, it seems odd that Support, Assault, and Recon all got a weapon, but Medic didn't. I'm sure there was something they could have added.

    There are 4 smgs in the game''s files. The ZK383, Lanchester, Sterling, Welgun. They could have released one of them for the Christmas present.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its funny that people say the medic is "abandoned" or "just hot garbage" but i still see people playing the class, still reviving, still throwing smokes out, still doing really well. I being one of them. I may not be top of the board every game but i do my part and so are other poeple. Why? Because they would rather just take the gimp, move on and help where needed. Not come to the forums to throw up the 9001 thread of "mEdIc ClAsS sUcKs"

    You just want ezpz. kthxbye

    IQ is too damm high! /s

    Seriously tho, wanting a balanced game =/= ezpz.

    Nobody asked the medic class to become godly. Nice strawman. I guess "sorry" (not sorry) for wanting the medics to have weapons that are actually reliable past spitting range in a FIRST PERSON SHOOTER game and not a moba or MMO where the healer's job is just to be a mobile healing/reviving station. I can also top the board, doesn't mean the SMGs (excluding thompson and suumi) aren't underpowered. It's nice to see (meh, not really) this uneducated trend to use personnal anecdotal evidence as objective proof is still going. Pick up a book and do some maths for a change ( http://bfdata.juhala.io/pages/comparison.html ) . And maybe, just maybe, you would become intelligent enough to start analysing some simple numbers and would actually see that when comparing weapons of equal or similar RoFs, SMGs are completely outclassed by ARs, LMGs and MMGs and that at any range.

    "kthxbye"
  • full951
    2405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    there is more to come.this is not the end. I'd prefer a complete game with all content from day one but that just is not how games are made any more
  • BigWyrm
    325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Its funny that people say the medic is "abandoned" or "just hot garbage" but i still see people playing the class, still reviving, still throwing smokes out, still doing really well. I being one of them. I may not be top of the board every game but i do my part and so are other poeple. Why? Because they would rather just take the gimp, move on and help where needed. Not come to the forums to throw up the 9001 thread of "mEdIc ClAsS sUcKs"

    You just want ezpz. kthxbye

    Arrogant and irrelevant are two words that describe your response.
    Seeing people playing the class is not a logical argument that there is nothing wrong with the class. There's a crapload wrong with the game, but thousands of people still play it.
    The post is about the Medic class being ignored with ToW. There's no denying that it was.
    Take your straw man argument and your tough guy talk somewhere else.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    BigWyrm wrote: »
    Its funny that people say the medic is "abandoned" or "just hot garbage" but i still see people playing the class, still reviving, still throwing smokes out, still doing really well. I being one of them. I may not be top of the board every game but i do my part and so are other poeple. Why? Because they would rather just take the gimp, move on and help where needed. Not come to the forums to throw up the 9001 thread of "mEdIc ClAsS sUcKs"

    You just want ezpz. kthxbye

    Arrogant and irrelevant are two words that describe your response.
    Seeing people playing the class is not a logical argument that there is nothing wrong with the class. There's a crapload wrong with the game, but thousands of people still play it.
    The post is about the Medic class being ignored with ToW. There's no denying that it was.
    Take your straw man argument and your tough guy talk somewhere else.
    Medics were ignored yes... And yeah, it is unfair, and very strange...

    But there has also been alot of exaggeration about the state of medics in this game... Its not like they cannot fight back or that they insta die to everything that looks at them... I think the Steen is quite nice, as long you control the recoil at medium ranges... In close range its great...

    I get the feeling medics want medium to long range weapon options... In one way this make sense, in BF1 they sure had several options for this...

    And it wouldnt hurt if they gave medics something like this, but they should not outgun recon SLRs at long range... If you think you should have the same op semi-autos as the assault do right now, then you guys are selfish and dont care about balance... Assault semi-auto are op and needs a huge nerf...

    I see medics complain like they couldnt kill a thing in BFV on this forum... I also see them wanting to be in the same op state as assault... I even seen medics say they want proper bolt action sniper rifles, which is stupid and ridicilous...

    Medics are just as big extremists as assault players are these days... Not knowing the balance issues with some of the things they ask for...

    Buffing medics should be done carefully, they might as well turn out the most overpowered class if not careful... I would say medics are just as tricky to balance as recon class is, it can easily get buffed to far and get very overpowered...

    My biggest fear are medics getting buffed to the point they beeing able to snipe with 3x scope, with unlimited insta heal and lots of smoke... That would be pure cancer for this game... And would be even worse then the current op assault class...

  • azelenkin0306
    549 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BigWyrm wrote: »
    Its funny that people say the medic is "abandoned" or "just hot garbage" but i still see people playing the class, still reviving, still throwing smokes out, still doing really well. I being one of them. I may not be top of the board every game but i do my part and so are other poeple. Why? Because they would rather just take the gimp, move on and help where needed. Not come to the forums to throw up the 9001 thread of "mEdIc ClAsS sUcKs"

    You just want ezpz. kthxbye

    Arrogant and irrelevant are two words that describe your response.
    Seeing people playing the class is not a logical argument that there is nothing wrong with the class. There's a crapload wrong with the game, but thousands of people still play it.
    The post is about the Medic class being ignored with ToW. There's no denying that it was.
    Take your straw man argument and your tough guy talk somewhere else.
    Medics were ignored yes... And yeah, it is unfair, and very strange...

    But there has also been alot of exaggeration about the state of medics in this game... Its not like they cannot fight back or that they insta die to everything that looks at them... I think the Steen is quite nice, as long you control the recoil at medium ranges... In close range its great...

    I get the feeling medics want medium to long range weapon options... In one way this make sense, in BF1 they sure had several options for this...

    And it wouldnt hurt if they gave medics something like this, but they should not outgun recon SLRs at long range... If you think you should have the same op semi-autos as the assault do right now, then you guys are selfish and dont care about balance... Assault semi-auto are op and needs a huge nerf...

    I see medics complain like they couldnt kill a thing in BFV on this forum... I also see them wanting to be in the same op state as assault... I even seen medics say they want proper bolt action sniper rifles, which is stupid and ridicilous...

    Medics are just as big extremists as assault players are these days... Not knowing the balance issues with some of the things they ask for...

    Buffing medics should be done carefully, they might as well turn out the most overpowered class if not careful... I would say medics are just as tricky to balance as recon class is, it can easily get buffed to far and get very overpowered...

    My biggest fear are medics getting buffed to the point they beeing able to snipe with 3x scope, with unlimited insta heal and lots of smoke... That would be pure cancer for this game... And would be even worse then the current op assault class...

    Solution is very easy. Remove scopes from all automatic and semi-automatic weapons and leave it only to Recon BA rifles.

    Voila and game actually requires skill, recon is strong in its effective range, SLRs are not overpowered anymore and Medics are not that bad
  • bigiain
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Medics can use the Ratburner helmet so they don't have to see how weak their weapons are.

    But yeah, it seems odd that Support, Assault, and Recon all got a weapon, but Medic didn't. I'm sure there was something they could have added.

    I'm taking it as a sign that they know they have to do something to the class and not just add more guns that are pretty much the same.
  • MrClev3r
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Medics do need a mid-range option, either that or DICE needs to add more CQB oriented maps. As it stands the game modes that most new players will try are not ideal maps for Medics to survive at all since the majority of combat takes place either at range, in open space, or most likely both. The majority of the maps that are designed and used for Conquest and Grand Operations are very large and very open with CQB points taking place close to capture points in the form of buildings. But even then, the building will inevitable get disintegrated which makes engaging an enemy at range much more likely since the structure is essentially gone.

    Also with the addition of supply depots and any half-competent medic on a team, other classes have plenty of resources to heal while in the field, so I'm not sure the whole "infinite healing resource" claim is as valid as previous additions, especially with healing being a longer HoT effect. Even the medic's strongest support ability is woefully under-effective with the revive animation leaving a medic exposed, even with smoke, and makes them an easy target for the enemy team. This problem is particularly acute with in game modes such as Rush where tickets are an important resource and the heaviest combat takes place in areas where there are a lot of enemies present to defend their objective; even with smoke, the animation get's me killed when I'm trying to revive but I've got 2+ MG42s trained on the smoke, strafing until they find a hit marker and then zero in.

    This problem is further exacerbated by the changes to spotting, so now a medic who knows they can't win an engagement can no longer at least point his squad to the danger that he/she sees; I know we can place a marker, but it doesn't last very long, isn't very accurate, and is easy to give a false warning when trying to communicate via the RB/R1 button. I'm not saying that the mechanics didn't need to be changed, it did, but now I'm stuck with an SMG with an enemy 15-25 meters away, and I can't even spot unless I and the rest of my squad have VoIP capabilities. Furthermore , the only way I can spot is to suppress/hit them in which case if they are Support/Assault/Recon, they have the better equipment to drop me at range.

    I'm not saying that Medic's should be as effective combat wise as the other 3 classes, they shouldn't; but they should at least have the ability to defend themselves well enough to cause enough damage to make an enemy player seek cover and heal or drop an already weakened enemy player; especially with the map designs as they are. K/D ratio isn't/shouldn't be important to a medic, but dang it if it doesn't make it hard to continue to play the class if one continuously dies and is able to revive squadmates (albeit it being at a slower rate) as another class. Support has the ability to suppress (and thus spot) and hold an objective very well, Recon has the ability to spot (which is a great move and helps give them a way to solidly contribute to any squad), Assault are vehicle killers and are dangerous at almost any range (but especially at 15-30 meters). Medics are supposed to be life savers... But that's hard to do if I can't defend myself, spot an enemy, or effectively revive my teammates. I'm not saying that medics should be able to spot (we have two classes that can already do that), nor am I suggesting that medics should be able to best the Assault class at medium range; but it would be nice to be able to do enough damage at range to either force an enemy player to seek cover and heal, or finish off an already wounded player at range with good aim. Sorry for the rant, it's just hard to play a class I enjoy playing when I can't do my job effectively and pull my own weight in battle.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I played medic for a few more hours last night.. think I got to lvl 17 and I don't know if I'll make it to 20. It's near infuriating the SMG's are soo pathetic. There are also so few medics people are starting to use the bleed out fast option almost every time they get knocked down as they know their chances of getting revived by a medic are minimal. I was poppin smoke and trying to get to people all night... most expired b4 I could get to them. There simply is no win playing medic ATM.
  • bran1986
    5576 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I played medic for a few more hours last night.. think I got to lvl 17 and I don't know if I'll make it to 20. It's near infuriating the SMG's are soo pathetic. There are also so few medics people are starting to use the bleed out fast option almost every time they get knocked down as they know their chances of getting revived by a medic are minimal. I was poppin smoke and trying to get to people all night... most expired b4 I could get to them. There simply is no win playing medic ATM.

    I have noticed this as well. So many people just getting so programmed to bleed out because there isn't enough medics around to revive a full 32 player team. I'm noticing less medics on Arras, Rotterdam, and Devastation which is really worrying to me. These maps play well for the medic class yet it seems even on these maps people would rather run with the m1907.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    bran1986 wrote: »
    I played medic for a few more hours last night.. think I got to lvl 17 and I don't know if I'll make it to 20. It's near infuriating the SMG's are soo pathetic. There are also so few medics people are starting to use the bleed out fast option almost every time they get knocked down as they know their chances of getting revived by a medic are minimal. I was poppin smoke and trying to get to people all night... most expired b4 I could get to them. There simply is no win playing medic ATM.

    I have noticed this as well. So many people just getting so programmed to bleed out because there isn't enough medics around to revive a full 32 player team. I'm noticing less medics on Arras, Rotterdam, and Devastation which is really worrying to me. These maps play well for the medic class yet it seems even on these maps people would rather run with the m1907.

    I swear it's almost like the M1907 beats all SMGs at every range!

    40f.png


  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't get why they decided to give medic the shaft. Assault and Support got two weapons ffs. That's not to mention that medic is the only class without two weapon types to cover various ranges. Or the fact that the Ribeyrolles would have been PERFECT for what medic needed and was an SMG in BF1...
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1029 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its funny that people say the medic is "abandoned" or "just hot garbage" but i still see people playing the class, still reviving, still throwing smokes out, still doing really well. I being one of them. I may not be top of the board every game but i do my part and so are other poeple. Why? Because they would rather just take the gimp, move on and help where needed. Not come to the forums to throw up the 9001 thread of "mEdIc ClAsS sUcKs"

    You just want ezpz. kthxbye

    I can also top the board

    hmmm can you?
Sign In or Register to comment.