Selbstlader 1906 (or self-loading rifle) Mastery V challenge TOO DIFFICULT!

Daemonshade
14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
You really messed up making this challenge. Specifically the 5th challenge where you need to either get 10 headshot kills inside objective zones in 1 life, or 20 headshot kills inside objective zones in 1 round.

It's borderline impossible. I'm decent at the game, I've had my 30 kill streaks, my 60+, 80+ kill matches, and I've also had plenty of bad matches, but I consider myself competent overall. I've completed all mastery challenges for every other gun type. Shotgun/SMG hip fire kills, bolt action headshots, LMG, MMG, Assault and Semi-auto rifles, so I fully understand the difficulty of each othese challenges, but to me it honestly seems BUGGED that you're expected to get 20 headshot objective kills with a gun that does 91 headshot damage... That's practically expecting the player to get 40 headshots, or at least aim for the head for potentially 40 shots assuming the player isn't injured already.

The main frustration with this mission is that the gun is just bad for headshots. There's no reason to aim for head. You can 2 hit kill somebody by hitting them at any point of the body, including their head, so why would you aim for head with this gun? For comparison, I don't think that headshot kills are difficult with bolt action rifles. You aim, you fire, you get a kill. Doing this with a self-loading rifle means that your opponent just either ducks or moves behind cover, runs around like a maniac meaning your chances of headshot are reduced, or somebody else on your team finishes the kill.

Having 5 shots with a 2 shot kill and a slow reload makes for such a painful experience. As I said the gun is quite good. Going 60+ kills is possible on some maps, but on these maps even if I try my hardest for headshots inside objective zones I get like 5-10 maximum, yet I need 20? Give me a break seriously. This is hair-pulling frustration. I'm borderline on the fence about quitting this game over this one single challenge... I'm not even joking. I'm too OCD to leave an assignment unfinished, so I've gotten to the point now where I just play angry, being abusive to other players who have zero empathy for my frustration, or leave the game entirely if I have a bad start. This is not how I want to play the game. It's meant to be challenging, yet fun. Not impossible and making me want to uninstall. I don't see how anybody with average or lower skill will ever complete this challenge, not in a million years. I don't even think pro players can without abusing the system. Having personal buddy revives, some guy to injure the enemy first using co-ordination making it a 1hit kill etc.

To add insult to injury. Any source of information I've found from players trying to complete this specific challenge, they all said they completed it due to a bug. Due to it just randomly completing for them, or the "one round" goal lasting for 2-3 extra rounds, meaning they needed like 7-10 headshot objective kills per game. So far I've not been so lucky. Most I've had in a single game, after trying dozens of times is 12 headshot objective kills. I don't appreciate being forced to play lame to complete this either, so I try to run and gun, same as I would in a normal game.

I dunno. This really needs adjusting. It's broken beyond belief. Bolt actions are designed for headshots, this is not. Think up some fairer assignments for a gun that sucks at headshots please... or I'm going to go insane.

Comments

• WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I agree it sucks... Its like that for all our recon SLRs... But its not impossible...

This is what you do... Two maps you can finish this fast if you play smart...

Arras: Depending on which team you get in, you can be close to spawn on the yellow field, aiming into A and B, kill them and hide fast again, and then repeat...

Devestation: Same depending on team... Camp close to spawn in the buildings, aim into A, take your kills and then hide... Here you also have health and ammo station close by... Perfect spot...

Be sure to equip a bipod on your selbst 1906 when you do this!

• Smes0n
    66 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I did it with gewehr 43, with all the bolt-action rifles. But with the Gewehr was annoying... SLR are 2 shot kills. After the first shot, players panic and try to get away. To hit that HS there is very hard, and you kinda nerf yourself to try shoot someone in the head instead of just downing them with a bodyshot. I agree the assignment dosent make sense from the playstyle of said weapon, it is made for bolt-action and those are not very hard to complete.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its tough but you just need to pick the right game mode and position.

Tip: Conquest, E, Twisted Steel.

You're welcome.
  • V4NILLABE4R
    315 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I disagree with the above... game mode at least. Conquest is not the mode to do this challenge! Do it on Breakthrough and as mentioned E on Twisted Steel is a bottleneck of headless chickens running toward you with decent cover for yourself... hope you're on the defending team... fish in a barrel.
  • YberSoldat
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can also do the hidden grind option. 60-100 hs over how many matches you want. Painful to do with this gun.
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dice really needs to stop taking shortcuts with this game, and applying broad assignments for all the weapons. One assignment might work for one weapon, but might not work for another. Like in this case.

What's it about 14 assignments per gun? 7 for the proficiencies and 7 for the mastery? It's not like we have a ton of weapons in the game, so why not craft these assignments specifically for the weapon itself? It's completely lazy if you ask me, because I'm sure even the community would jump at the opportunity to help Dice redesign these assignments adequately, but nope, continue on with blanketed assignments.
  • Daemonshade
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think that 20 objective defense kills in 1 round would be perfectly fine for self-loading rifles. It would feel balanced but still be challenging for some players, like the other weapon challenges currently are. I feel like this challenge would be like asking a medic to get 20 objective kills at a range of over 60m or something, or asking an MMG to get 20 objective hip fire kills, absolutely doesn't fit the gun playstyle.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    YberSoldat wrote: »
    You can also do the hidden grind option. 60-100 hs over how many matches you want. Painful to do with this gun.

This ^^^
  • Daemonshade
    YberSoldat wrote: »

This ^^^

Is this 100% confirmed? I feel like I've done way more headshots than this, like no joke. I've been using the gun since I unlocked it. It makes me feel like a noob, for real, even though I can competently complete any other weapon category gold medals.

I'll keep at it then. Sad thing is I don't even plan on using the gun once it's finished, but as I said, I am super OCD and can't let that assignment just stay on my menu forever. I like things to be tidy and completed in a specific order or I tend to lose my ¯\_(ツ)_/¯!
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its not been confirmed but has been reported by other players, me included. It was certainly the case for the G43.
  • Desyatnik_Pansy
    1480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Be sure to equip a bipod on your selbst 1906 when you do this!

Funny, I never bothered getting that, I see it as a waste to stand still in a position where you're liking to just get tapped back.
    naitch44 wrote: »
    Its not been confirmed but has been reported by other players, me included. It was certainly the case for the G43.

It worked for me and my 1906. Mind you, I'm currently experimenting with a theory with regards to the RSC Mastery VI (or is it V? Oh well), as I got my Kar98k fully Gold the other night without achieving either objective nor the long grind.
  • Dinoboats
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Some of these assignments are getting stupid. It seems like they are running out of idea's like in BF1........Destroy an aircraft with a trip wire ! And destroy a behemoth with a Kolibri ! Are set examples.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Easy for me to simply ignore the silly ones as not worth the time nor effort when I could be doing fun things in game.

I'm not a middle eastern dictator, and I've no desire for a gold plated gun, toilet or any of that other goofy ish.
  • Daemonshade
    Easy for me to simply ignore the silly ones as not worth the time nor effort when I could be doing fun things in game.

I'm not a middle eastern dictator, and I've no desire for a gold plated gun, toilet or any of that other goofy ish.

That's the thing though I don't really care either about the gold, but what I care about is cluttering up my game with loads of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ unfinished assignments that are gonna annoy me every time I log in to the game. I'm pretty close to uninstalling. I've had way more than 200+ headshot kills with this gun now and I still have this damn assignment. I often get like 10 per game too, but 20 is impossible.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

That's the thing though I don't really care either about the gold, but what I care about is cluttering up my game with loads of **** unfinished assignments that are gonna annoy me every time I log in to the game. I'm pretty close to uninstalling. I've had way more than 200+ headshot kills with this gun now and I still have this damn assignment. I often get like 10 per game too, but 20 is impossible.

my advice is don't even worry about it.

Personally, I play a game to have fun playing a game, not to complete arbitrary challenges that force me to play in an unfun manner and that will often bug out and not track correctly, anyway.

If you have OCD or something, though, then you have my condolences (no sarcasm).
  • Daemonshade
    edited December 2018
    Finally complete it. Didn't even get the notification, ended up in a lobby for like 6 games back to back still thinking I was working on it.

I have over 250 headshots with the gun, this took way longer than I would have wanted. It's almost killed the game for me. I hope nothing else like this happens again.
    Post edited by Daemonshade on
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    Finally complete it. Didn't even get the notification, ended up in a lobby for like 6 games back to back still thinking I was working on it.

I have over 250 headshots with the gun, this took way longer than I would have wanted. It's almost killed the game for me. I hope nothing else like this happens again.
    Haha, congratz! Now to the other problem... The gold skin looks ugly on this rifle (its mostly the wood color ruining it, should had been black with gold metal parts)...
  • SirSouthpaw
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I completed it.. twice already…

sry
  • TB-Wasp
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I'm at my last assignment for the ZH-9 which I now understand is repeated for all the semi autos. I would like to have the stock but there's a limit to my patience. Going round after round for this is completely ruining the game for me. Atleast I know not to attempt the other semi autos now. Unless these assignments are fixed I doubt I'll even try anymore for the ZH-9. Complete BS...
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    TB-Wasp wrote: »
    I'm at my last assignment for the ZH-9 which I now understand is repeated for all the semi autos. I would like to have the stock but there's a limit to my patience. Going round after round for this is completely ruining the game for me. Atleast I know not to attempt the other semi autos now. Unless these assignments are fixed I doubt I'll even try anymore for the ZH-9. Complete BS...
    I did the ZH-29 assignment and they were bugged, had to guess my way to do them... When I finally was done with every assigments except the one for the gold stock, I never even got the last assignment... So now my ZH-29 stand there with no gold stock piece, and that assignment is no where to be seen... Hard to complete assigment, if you dont even get it...

This game sucks so hard sometimes...