Operations scoring system

saarb737
19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited December 2018
lets say i do the concuer hell operation,
there are 2 maps, the BALLAROM BLITZ and ARRGONE FOREST.
we won the ballrom blitz one, i got like 11,000 points.
then it started from 0 in the arrgone forest map (same team of course)
and i got 8,000~ points.
tehn after the operation is over it says- victory, blablabla...... and the points that im awarder are only 8,000+bunoses.
what happened to the points from the FIRST MAP?!

[Mod edit: caps lock removed]
Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

Comments

• ThunderTaters
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 1
    Edit: I will explain what happened to your score from the first map. You’re still getting the score and xp, it did not simply vanish. However, I will add that the score from the first map doesn't carry over to the score for the next map. I will also insist that they changed that a long time ago. The points gained from the first map used to contribute towards the final score even if the attackers advanced, so you could get a big bonus. It does not do that anymore. So lets say you’re playing defense and accumulate a very large score but unfortunatly the attackers defeat your team and the next stage begins; everybodies score is back to zero. The score from the first map are still awarded, but now your final score will be based on the score gained from the beginning of the next map.
    Post edited by ThunderTaters on
  • saarb737
    They changed that a long time ago. The points from the first map used to carry over. It does not anymore. Sorry.

so why do we even fight in map1?!
  • ThunderTaters
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    saarb737 wrote: »
    They changed that a long time ago. The points from the first map used to carry over. It does not anymore. Sorry.

Because the reward is the pursuit of victory. It encourages the attackers to push and win by the second map and gives the defenders a reason to hold their ground so the attackers can’t advance to the next map.

I see more defenderss leave or switch if the attackers advance based on this. I thought it was better before they changed it. Since this game has released, the devs have consistently made it easier for the attackers to win.
  • saarb737
    saarb737 wrote: »

Because the reward is the pursuit of victory. It encourages the attackers to push and win by the second map and gives the defenders a reason to hold their ground so the attackers can’t advance to the next map.

I see more defenderss leave or switch if the attackers advance based on this. I thought it was better before they changed it. Since this game has released, the devs have consistently made it easier for the attackers to win.

so why is there a points count at all at map 1?!
    services starts and etc arent counting? thats counters it..
  • boutneus
    2454 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Thunder is full off it, points do get awarded, it just doesn’t show at the 2nd map. They are not cumulative
  • ThunderTaters
    Why shouldn't there be a score count for the first map? I would want some kind of reward for my effort if my team loses.

It is what it is dude.
  • Monranian
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    boutneus wrote: »
    Thunder is full off it, points do get awarded, it just doesn’t show at the 2nd map. They are not cumulative

Yep, the points in the first map do get rewarded, it's just the display screen that causes so much confusion.
    Last night as defender I got somewhere around ~30k defending Bullroom Schitz until a hacker showed up, because of him only got 300 pts on Argonne and lost, still maxed out the 25k requirement.