The Matrix Field

BreezyBadger420
15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited December 2018
In this game you can dodge bullets just like in the Matrix. All you need to do is spam AD AD AD AD an you instantly teleport from side-to-side while bullets fly straight past. Soldiers in BF5 don't need to get up to speed, they instantly start moving at full tilt from stand-still, faster than bullets.
Post edited by BreezyBadger420 on

Comments

• GOA-Johnny-BK-
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

[Removed as discussing drug use is not permitted]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • BreezyBadger420
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

Not the only one that thinks this:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9w1bq4/characters_move_way_too_fast/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9vhdng/movement_speed_has_gotten_more_twitchy_every/
    That last one has someone claiming to be "the guy working on soldier movements in the game from a design perspective" (Though I really hope he/she is lying because of the blatant incompetence and arrogance this individual displays - especially when every one is saying that the player movement is broken).

Anyway, there is overwhelming consensus that the movement in BF5 is borderline COD:
    - ADS is now almost instant. Barely any delay between stopping sprint and ADS, or ADS down and full tilt sprint.
    - No acceleration between slow aimed movement and balls out 100 meter sprint.
    - No inertia when strafing. Stand-still to full lateral speed instantly.
    - The best strategy to avoid getting shot is to run in circles like a headless short-bus-on-the-spectrum-snowflake.
    - Movement is gliding and has no inertia (no sense of mass, no shifting of balance). Like this is Unreal Tournament.

[Removed as discussing drug use is not permitted]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • YberSoldat
    83 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In cod ww2 there actually was flinching when shot. BfV is more cod than cod itself! But I still have fun in BfV
  • BreezyBadger420
    edited December 2018
    What's the point of using these forums if posts are deleted? I submitted a complete post, with details and correlated arguments, and a few hours later its now deleted. These forums are useless. Its not like I deleted it, I can't do that. Someone at EA actually went and erased it.
  • AntiFox08
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What boils my blood is when I dump a quarter of a belt of MG-42 into a guy, every other or every few rounds being headshots, but most of them hitting the person at least, and all he needs to do is lazily adad with no penalty and get a free one shot kill. Even worse when I get sniped by a Sten or instagibbed by an M1-Carbine. They're slow pistol caliber weapons against a (somewhat gimped since the real 42 has a 1500 RPM) fast firing 8mm cartridge.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14359 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    What's the point of using these forums if posts are deleted? I submitted a complete post, with details and correlated arguments, and a few hours later its now deleted. These forums are useless. Its not like I deleted it, I can't do that. Someone at EA actually went and erased it.

Nobody deleted anything, chances are that your post has entered the spam queue due to editing it.
  • Snookray83
    41 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A lot of people will be using the lightened stock specialization (move 60% faster while aiming).
  • BreezyBadger420
    Nobody deleted anything, chances are that your post has entered the spam queue due to editing it.

I see that now. Thank you for your efforts in keeping the forums clean. Please accept my apologies for my frustration and continue the good work!

• BreezyBadger420
    Snookray83 wrote: »
    A lot of people will be using the lightened stock specialization (move 60% faster while aiming).

Lightened stock and faster ADS are looking like the GO TO weapon mods every time. Feels like mandatory to comply with the rest of the movement.
    Other than that, the gun-play in BF5 feels much better than 4. I like the slower rates of fire and low magazine bullet counts - gotta meter your bullets so the other guy has to reload before you do.
  • DaHenner
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There also exist cheats which result in auto-movement when being aimed at.
    Several times I aimed at a player rather far away, say 100m. As soon as I aimed at him he sidestepped. When I aimed again he sidestepped again, however when I didn't adjust my aim he stood still. Due to the distance no human player would be able to see where exactly I aim at.
    If you shoot at such cheaters with a SMG from close distance they shake like a ragdoll since the cheat cannot evade the cheater from being shot at. Having only a selfloading rifle you are dead for sure in such an encounter.
    For BFV with its short TTK this shaking isn't that clearly visible.
  • BreezyBadger420
    Well, cheats are another matter. And even if there was "auto move when aimed at cheat", if the player animation had some sense of mass and movement wasn't instant (it required shifting of momentum i.e. acceleration) even auto movement when aimed at wouldn't help because the player model wouldn't be able to get out of the way instantly at full speed like now: the model would have to accelerate up to speed (kinda like the animations in BF3). This makes sense, why does the whole player model move just as nimbly as the aim rotates (i.e upper torso). Don't get me wrong: I think the movement speed itself if just fine, its the instant acceleration that allows players to act like ping-pong balls.
  • Phienyx
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    When "dodging bullets" is the go to method of evading incoming fire instead of taking cover, the game mechanics are off. There needs to be a sense of weight and inertia to the player character. Movement speed is waaay too fast. The strafe dancing needs to stop. Instant ads from sprinting needs to stop and taking damage should affect your ability to return fire accurately. I get that not everything can be realistic, but there are some simple adjustments that can lend to it.
  • afzSnickelfritz
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Phienyx wrote: »
    When "dodging bullets" is the go to method of evading incoming fire instead of taking cover, the game mechanics are off. There needs to be a sense of weight and inertia to the player character. Movement speed is waaay too fast. The strafe dancing needs to stop. Instant ads from sprinting needs to stop and taking damage should affect your ability to return fire accurately. I get that not everything can be realistic, but there are some simple adjustments that can lend to it.

Agreed. Especially the part regarding damage inhibiting your ability to return fire accurately.