Please remove driver update requirement

Comments

• stabbinhobo
    533 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My daily coffee and hard reboot bump... barring DICE not removing the requirement... which they seem extremely not motivated to do... wish there was something I could change on the game side. This situation simply sucks. I'm left with 2 options... don't play the game and reinstall the good driver or pray one of the future drivers will magically fix all my issues. I'm not holding my breath for a new driver fix... there have been nine new 4xx drivers since early November and none work for me.
  • RayD_O1
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have been hoping for a new driver which includes a BFV sli profile, fingers crossed.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's for the PC and we generally know what drivers work best for what we have. The Nvidia 4xx drivers you require I upgrade to in order to play the game have hopelessly broken surround on my system. My rig ran great with the 399.07 drivers through the open beta. Pls remove the requirements...

Do you still need help with this? If so, let me know. I have a fix..
  • RayD_O1
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's for the PC and we generally know what drivers work best for what we have. The Nvidia 4xx drivers you require I upgrade to in order to play the game have hopelessly broken surround on my system. My rig ran great with the 399.07 drivers through the open beta. Pls remove the requirements...

Yes please post fix.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RayD_O1 wrote: »

Yes please post fix.

So im realizing the link im about to post here is basically the same fix as above however, the method above does not work for me and the .bat method does so..

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/962633/pc-games/bypassing-the-driver-version-check-of-a-game-/

Also, it does disable NV control panel (I saw mention of that ^ up there) but you can run it again to enable it..
  • RayD_O1
    Thanks for that I appreciate it will give it a go tomorrow. :)
  • stabbinhobo
    533 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Yes please post fix.

So im realizing the link im about to post here is basically the same fix as above however, the method above does not work for me and the .bat method does so..

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/962633/pc-games/bypassing-the-driver-version-check-of-a-game-/

Also, it does disable NV control panel (I saw mention of that ^ up there) but you can run it again to enable it..

Thanks for posting. I could not get renaming the file to work for me. and w/o the NVCP surround and SLI do not work.
  • RayD_O1

Yes please post fix.

Thanks for posting. I could not get renaming the file to work for me. and w/o the NVCP surround and SLI do not work.

Yeah unfortunately we can't run SLI without the NVCP .
  • stabbinhobo
    Morning hard reboot bump.
  • EdwinSpangler

Yes please post fix.

Its my understanding that it just disables access to NVCP but leaves the settings you have chosen.. I depend on this fix AND I plan to use SLI in the next month or so.. Uh-oh??
  • RayD_O1
    That's interesting it would be good if it holds the settings. Does anyone know the driver number of the last working BFV SLI Profile, I think I recall 416.34 as working.
  • ZyGViking2121
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That's interesting it would be good if it holds the settings. Does anyone know the driver number of the last working BFV SLI Profile, I think I recall 416.34 as working.

416.94 is the driver the game works with without the restriction message, And is the only driver I can force SLI on, The newest driver SLI refuses to work, and the driver also makes SLI useless in every game I own, Screen goes dim and top part of the screen flickers.

Unfortunately I have to deal with the 144hz issues that Nvidia has with some BenQ monitors, Only known good working driver for me was 399.24, but even renaming that file, the games performance is unplayable but works.
  • stabbinhobo

Yes please post fix.

Its my understanding that it just disables access to NVCP but leaves the settings you have chosen.. I depend on this fix AND I plan to use SLI in the next month or so.. Uh-oh??

It's going to be an issue. And if you have multiple monitors... surround... moar issues.

As far as SLI, TBH I have not had any issues getting SLI to work properly with any of the drivers.
  • stabbinhobo
    Another hard reboot... Previous post vanished.. odd. Anyway if you want SLI to work you need the NVCP... if you want surround to work with your SLI cards.... you need NVCP.

As far as SLI and drivers.. I have not had an issue getting SLI to work with any of the drivers... just lucky in that one aspect I guess. But I do really miss the 399 driver.
  • stabbinhobo
    Daily hard reboot bump....
  • RayD_O1
    Another hard reboot... Previous post vanished.. odd. Anyway if you want SLI to work you need the NVCP... if you want surround to work with your SLI cards.... you need NVCP.

As far as SLI and drivers.. I have not had an issue getting SLI to work with any of the drivers... just lucky in that one aspect I guess. But I do really miss the 399 driver.

I assume you have been using Nvidia Inspector to get SLI to work with the drivers without a BFV DLI profile.

• stabbinhobo

I assume you have been using Nvidia Inspector to get SLI to work with the drivers without a BFV DLI profile.

Nope.. never used it. SLI has just worked since the open beta. I have afterburner up in OSD when playing... get great GPU utilization on both cards. Pretty much locked at 60fps with settings at High.
  • RayD_O1
    edited January 5
    That's good you are getting it to work. I had to use Nvidia Inspector because with he latest 417 series drivers the NVCP SLI mode only supported single card. What drivers are you currently using. ?
  • stabbinhobo
    That's good you are getting it to work. I had to use Nvidia Inspector because with he latest 417 series drivers the NVCP SLI mode only supported single card. What drivers are you currently using. ?

Currently running the 417.35 driver.

Had to hard reboot again this morning... it's a daily thing right now and annoying has heck. System boots to black screen. Hard reset gets me into windows. then I need to use the task manager to kill off the first NV containers a few times until the NV control panel finally comes up. Did not have any of these issues until the 4xx drivers.
  • RayD_O1
    How did you get SLI running with the 417.35 driver as SLI mode is disabled in the NVCP. That's the same driver I use and had to use the Nvidia Inspector method to add an SLI profile to get SLI working.

That's annoying the hard boot issue, thankfully I don't have that problem.