Why has Battlefield V become a Call of Duty Clone?

chas58
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Have played for three days solid this game is not battlefield! Multiplayer graphics are pure C.O.D. Endless customization why? even between games Who cares what colour nail varnish soldiers wear. Battlefied 1 for all its faults was a 100 times better than this rubbish but because every year there must be a new title rubbish must prevail games should improve not get worse. Everything about this game is a Retro step but to make it Call of Duty with bigger maps is the ultimate insult.

Comments

• Beat_Mangler80
    499 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The annual release cycle is sickening, hopefully they can make it two years before they try and milk everybody again.
  • TheXBOXFan
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    I do agree that the customization is a little overdone in Battlefield V. Thats probably why it takes up so much storage space. However most well know games are like that now.
    I know this is the Battelfield Forums, but there is a good point behind what im about to say.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2(released 2009) takes up 5.00G of storage with all DLC.

Fast forward roughly 10 years and most newer titles of really well know FPS games( Battlefield, Call of Duty)take up 50G+ of storage. With no DLC. With all that space you would think it is because the game has loads of content and they usally do...in customization.

With all the power the new machines have the developers of all games, not just Battlfield and Call of Duty, could add so much usable content in the game, but instead they usally end up spending it on customization and variants of weapons, stuff like that.

The point is games now take up so much storage space but lack so much content that everyone wants. Nobody wants 50 pairs of boots, jackets, hats, and gloves to choose from in a video game. Most want 50 weapons in the game to choose from.

I wasnt to shocked when i only saw like 5-6 ( or less) weapons in each loadout when i got BFV. I expected it would be that way because of how people complained that BF1 had little customization. DICE had to choose between loads of usable content or loads of customization.

Funny thing is, no matter the choice, the end result is the same: people are not happy.

Is the question really so much of "Why has Battlefield V become a Call of Duty clone?" Or is it more of "Why has Battlefield V turnned out to be like most well known games these days? In terms of what the devs prioritize on?"

I may be wrong when i say this but,It clearly shows from all the problems of Battlefield V, DICE had a bigger focus elsewhere instead of focusing on critical elements of the game.

That being said Battlefield V could still have a chance at being a great game, but that chance seems to grow thinner everyday, based on the way people are reacting to it on Youtube and these forums.
  • Psycomad
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Higher resolution/Higher quality assets takes more space. X-com: Terror from the deep was ~5MB, 4 1.44MB Floppy disks, but it still had more content then this.
    Dice's job right now are microtransactions sales.
  • thanatopsis
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    chas58 wrote: »
    Have played for three days solid this game is not battlefield! Multiplayer graphics are pure C.O.D. Endless customization why? even between games Who cares what colour nail varnish soldiers wear. Battlefied 1 for all its faults was a 100 times better than this rubbish but because every year there must be a new title rubbish must prevail games should improve not get worse. Everything about this game is a Retro step but to make it Call of Duty with bigger maps is the ultimate insult.

Ummmm in BF4 you could choose your outfit and gun skin, In BF3 I think you could also. now BFV gives you the option to go much deeper into skin customization as far as specific pieces of the weapon. But BF4 has the sheer number of different combinations for uniforms/weapons/vehicle skins than BF1 or BFV combined as of right now. IN BF4 you had 146 different camo skins you could put on your weapons and vehicles. And 45 different outfits for your soldier. So I am not sure where all this hostility is.
  • Zviko0
    1447 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There must be something seriously wrong with my eyes because I don't see it. Not even a little bit.
  • doctorrocktor
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yo you played it for 3 days solid,slow down there tiger.It's nothing like cod simple as that.
  • Robonzo1981
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The annual release cycle is sickening, hopefully they can make it two years before they try and milk everybody again.

There isn't an annual release cycle - in fact quite the opposite...

BF3 - 2011
    BF4 - 2013
    BF hardline - 2015
    BF1 - 2016
    BF5 - 2018

In fact you could argue the earlier games had an annual cycle:

BF Vietnam - 2004
    BF2 - 2005
    BF 2142 - 2006
    BF BC - 2008
    BF 1943 - 2009
    BF BC2 - 2010
    BF3 - 2011

I don't know how Dice work but I imagine there's a team dedicated to the core dev work of a new game, with some of that team retained to output DLC and updates. There's probably a different team whom work on Battlefront games and another responsible for the frostbite engine.

Also the customisation in BF5 is nowhere near as in-depth as BF4 was - that had 4x gun types for each class, each with reticle, grip, barrel and mag mods. There were skins for guns (over 100 of them) plus outfits for your avatar and a gazillion dog tags.

• xKusagamix
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lso the customisation in BF5 is nowhere near as in-depth as BF4 was - that had 4x gun types for each class, each with reticle, grip, barrel and mag mods. There were skins for guns (over 100 of them) plus outfits for your avatar and a gazillion dog tags.
    BFV's customisation is fine tbh, it's WW2 so they can't go nut about gun's equipments but skin set for each part of a gun is quite nice, i can mix some of golden and mint/urban blue to get some unique look.
    But It's lack of how many skins for guns and skins for each part sometime is a pain in the butt to get the right piece for your own set. And the Airlift is a joke, 20 weeks of one single skin part for one single gun in a week? Are you srs, DICE?
  • SirBobdk
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Loqtrall wrote
    Imo customization in BF5 is leagues ahead of what was available in BF4, which was mostly pointless fluff.
    Agree, but the customization for planes were better in BF4.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only cloning I see are these threads, that compare BFV to CoD.
  • TheKiTler
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i wanna see the year when Cod will look as good as BF .
    you ppl ar crazy a bunch of crybabies
  • SirBobdk
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TheKiTler wrote: »
    i wanna see the year when Cod will look as good as BF .
    you ppl ar crazy a bunch of crybabies
    Its not that different from cod UO/WAW.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Am i one of the select few that remembers when people were complaining about lack of customization in bf1.
  • oXGeminiXo
    354 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    chas58 wrote: »

Wow great job for actually being able to stick with it for 3 days. Maybe your next goal will be to actually play any call of duty title for 1 minute just to actually see how bad your comparison is. And the reason why they did endless customization is because the community wanted and asked for it. Bf1 was fun but I like the fact that they made a new bf game because without dynamically changing that game it gets old.
    And as far as the person stating about the annual release cycle it took 2 years since bf1 released for this game to release so it isnt annual. I feel like people complain about things they know nothing about.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bfv feels nothing like Cod imo. I'd you have played cod ww2 you will see how different they are except for the time frame they are set in.
    BO4 is the first cod I have skipped since the beginning, a copy and paste game with awful last gen graphics.