How many ToW Losses in a row have you had?

Zipeh
39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I am now sitting at 12 losses in a row. I won one but i musnt have selected ToW ...or something went wrong with the server reporting.. duno..

I has to be one of the most frustrating things i have endured in BF since 1942.

Really shouldnt have a requirement for a achievement that isnt based on your personal play / skill (which i have very little of - being honest :D ). Winning this ToW is based on what 32 people do v another 32. In theory you could play 100-100-10000 matches and lose all of them, through no fault of your own. It is an easy achievement for the devs to choose, easy to code .. makes sense at first glance.. but it is also statistically proven, by me, to be something that sucks the fun out of the game.

Comments

• WickedTempl4r
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Easy to code (I agree with you on it)", yet they still managed to introduce the issue where you progress does not track at all (or track on your assignment but not on ToW). So messed up that it is even impressive. :|
  • inpham0usV1
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I finished that assignment in 2 tries. If you play enough you'll get it. If it's taking you 10+ cycles of grand ops, you are just super unlucky. Provided the assignment tracking is working that is.

I feel the assignment last week was harder. Killing a tank when everybody and their mother is trying to do the same thing for the Selb 1906 took me a while.
  • akk_fin
    48 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wow, you have had really bad luck. I played 3-4 full games until we won, but game didnt registered it, so I gave up.
  • stabbinhobo
    531 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Screw that. I used the "skip to the last map of GO" to complete nearly all the tasks. On the last two I got a 2 fer and won the round to boot. Now I don't every need to play that craptastic game mode again unless they bundle it onto another assignment.
  • Zipeh
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How do you "skip to the last map of GO" ?
  • Dueagleseye
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zipeh wrote: »
    How do you "skip to the last map of GO" ?

i'd like to know too.
  • stabbinhobo
    531 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is a thread... here is the money quote:
    The same thing happened to me. Instead of playing a whole other GO, I opened the server browser and in the “name” field I typed ‘grand’ (for grand operations servers), and then filtered the maps to show only day 3 maps (Devastation, Aerodrome, Fjell, and Arras). This way, you don’t have to play a WHOLE new GO, only the final day. I was lucky and joined a game that was just about to end. Two minutes of Devastation later, and the assignment was done. Good luck!
  • Zipeh
    i tried that and joined one that was just finishing -- said we won, but i didnt even get to spawn in .. so when it said we won i guess i didnt get the achievement. :(
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played 3 full ops because I had to by default to get everything done. Won all 3, joined through the tides of war assignment menu until I found a server that was tracking the assignments in the right upper corner when I went to the menu.

Took me a single play session.

Pro tip if you're on console (don't know how it'd work on pc), if you need a quick win but get on a team that's getting crushed: look at the scoreboard and take a phone picture/screenshot, quit the game, go to enemy player's xbone/psn profiles and join thier games and you'll be put in thier squad on thier team. You just have to find one in a squad with room.
  • Zipeh
    Ok finally got it using the tips for setting it up to only load into a day 3 match.

Thanks for the help.
  • Zviko0
    1415 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't win a game. Why can't I get in a good team when it matters.
    There is a thread... here is the money quote:
    The same thing happened to me. Instead of playing a whole other GO, I opened the server browser and in the “name” field I typed ‘grand’ (for grand operations servers), and then filtered the maps to show only day 3 maps (Devastation, Aerodrome, Fjell, and Arras). This way, you don’t have to play a WHOLE new GO, only the final day. I was lucky and joined a game that was just about to end. Two minutes of Devastation later, and the assignment was done. Good luck!

I'm trying this right now on PS4. Filtering the maps doesn't show me any servers. So frustrating. It takes so long to complete whole GO and then I don't even win. And if I win it probably won't count. I should just give up with this TOW and just buy the gun when it comes but I'm too stubborn. I've been enjoying the game since release except last 2 days with this stupid TOW challenges.
  • Zviko0
    1415 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Now I searched only maps without game mode in filters and it finally found me some servers. You have to be lucky with this workaround. There's much higher chance that you will join in on losing team because of course, no one from winning team almost never leaves. And it's hard to turn around Frontlines so I suggest anyone doing this, join Fjell instead because day 3 is Conquest. Much more likely to win. I joined a game where we were 80 tickets down. 220 to 300 or something and we won by 50 at the end. Finally done with this bs.
  • ElliotLH
    6908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Played 3 full ops because I had to by default to get everything done. Won all 3, joined through the tides of war assignment menu until I found a server that was tracking the assignments in the right upper corner when I went to the menu.

Took me a single play session.

Pro tip if you're on console (don't know how it'd work on pc), if you need a quick win but get on a team that's getting crushed: look at the scoreboard and take a phone picture/screenshot, quit the game, go to enemy player's xbone/psn profiles and join thier games and you'll be put in thier squad on thier team. You just have to find one in a squad with room.

You don't actually need to quit to do that dude. Just open the scoreboard and click on their name to bring up their profile and select the 'Join Game' option, as if there's space on the other side and you're on the redeploy screen you'll be moved over to that team. Sometimes you'll need to try a few different profiles before you find a squad with space.

--

It took me a couple of rounds to complete the tasks to unlock the gun as I got lucky with a strong team. However my usual experience of GO is losing. Especially on the third day.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Had two losses till to unlucky game ending immediately after join.

Never played a full GO. Joined only Day 3 servers. The first assignment finished immediately upon first join as game just ended. The second one where you need 2600 points took a while due to not registering issues. Then took a break to play a conquest match, and when I got back, it was completed . Then I took the middle tree. Build 5 fortification was super easy; built them, done then quit. Three captures and 5 defense kills was easy too, look for maps like Devastation, Fjell 652, Narvik, Aerodrome, spawn when your team's about to capture a flag, after capture, quit to next server, rinse and repeat 3 times; for the 5 defending kills look for Aerodrome and join as German. The last challenge doesn't even require you to actually play, just wait till your team is about to win and then spawn to ensure the win counts.

• olavafar
    1921 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zero.
  • asadqureshy
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I had a thread about this . Had 17 straight losses
  • Hawxxeye
    4835 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I realized I could be joining day 3 servers only after I was already done. Very useful
  • DieHarder55
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I believe I'm up to 9 loses. I just started playing the game yesterday and never won TOW.

Between these loses and all the deaths by sniper or players unknown looking straight ahead, I'm not enjoying BFV like I though I would.