Anti Air - needs a hard nerf

Comments

• XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love reading the pilots who fly bombers and drop what amounts to 20 tank shells on enemies who have no way to to defend themselves complain about players farming kills in an AA. You guys are delusional. Bombers take about as much skill as sniping does. Bombers take way too much damage and can fly over areas that are clustered with players, drop there load and fly away to reload. Get on the ground and get a gun game

AA isn't a threat to bombers. Stationary emplacements are lol and you can literally fly into the shells to shoot the gunner off or drop a 50kg on them. Mobile AA is easily countered by dropping 500lb/ 1000kg on its head. This is fine as even perfectly flown attack/bomber planes with a full crew are point farms for even the worst fighter pilot in the world (rock>paper>scissors). Any team having trouble with just a bomber is frankly bad. Bombers are useless without their own fighters or MAA to keep the enemy's fighters from eating them alive.

In fact the problem with the AA is that it's so weak that it doesn't even counter decently flown fighters. Hit it with rockets, pepper it with 20mm fire (to cancel repairs) until your rockets are back. Dead.
  • SirBobdk
    5334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @XEN_wunderwaffle wrote
    Plane balance was better in BF3-4 and BF1 when a good attack pilot could still beat bad fighters with skill
    This. A good pilot would always win even in dogfights. This is not the case in BFV.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    @XEN_wunderwaffle wrote
    Plane balance was better in BF3-4 and BF1 when a good attack pilot could still beat bad fighters with skill
    This. A good pilot would always win even in dogfights. This is not the case in BFV.

I'd say in 4 the stealth jet still had a big advantage with turn rate, but a superior pilot in the attack jet could play the merge and still position well enough to get off a lethal cannon burst and win the fight.

Now the Stuka and Mosquito fire peanuts while the Spitfire in particular is the only aircraft that can melt others in a second or two.

You can completely surprise a turnip flying a fighter from the 6, tear up both their wings, overheat your guns from all the bullets you're putting into them and they'll still E-repair, out turn you like its nothing and chip you to death while you can't get back behind them or swat them away with the useless tail guns (has like 30 degrees of elevation traverse, super easy to avoid)

Not that you'll ever get behind anyone with a brain and air radar unlocked, anyway. You'd have to be AFK to lose to anything but another fighter while flying the fighters.
  • SirBobdk
    5334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @XEN_wunderwaffle
    Now the Stuka and Mosquito fire peanuts
    Imo the Mosquito is a beast agaings other planes when upgraded. Problem is it have no defence against fighters and become a sitting duck.
    But the whole air is really bad and unbalanced. A lot of work is needed.
  • RevvinUK
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's really funny to see players ask for nerfs to AA so they can fight the other planes, then you look at the scoreboard and see them 90-1 and see their ****, thats its really all about K:D farming endlessly bombing and straffing players
  • SirBobdk
    RevvinUK wrote: »
    It's really funny to see players ask for nerfs to AA so they can fight the other planes, then you look at the scoreboard and see them 90-1 and see their ****, thats its really all about K:D farming endlessly bombing and straffing players
    Never seen this on PC in CQ. Most bombers go down i flames maybe getting 15-30 kills during the whole map.
    GO is just a farming paradise for planes when both teams go for bombers. DICE never solved that problem
  • Deltium
    34 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OK, to be constructive and helpful to EA / Dice, can we be reasonable and agree that they should materially REDUCE the effectively of the AA tanks versus infantry and other vehicles on the ground?

We can literally debate for years the merits of the effectiveness or range against planes, but I really want to address a specific issue against infantry and tanks. Why, for example, can a AA tank take out a Tiger or Churchill tank at quite a far distance? I'm OK with some damage, yes, but to destroy it after 15 seconds or less? Not reasonable in my opinion.

Development changes need to be logical and easy to implement, and this is a simple one that EA / Dice could make.

If you are an active player of these vehicles, please consider the consequences of your arguments here. If you have one unit that can hit all three forces (infantry, tanks, and air) with a high amount of ammunition, and speed of mobility, it starts to look very unbalanced and unfair.

Thank you.
  • Psycomad
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do airplane have critical points? (like back of a tank)
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    Never seen this on PC in CQ. Most bombers go down i flames maybe getting 15-30 kills during the whole map.
    GO is just a farming paradise for planes when both teams go for bombers. DICE never solved that problem

yeah haven't seen a single 90-1 or whatever plane since the big nerf (and really this was only common in GO when adding up multiple rounds).

Bombers and multiroles are point farms for anyone of any skill level on the enemy team who spawns a fighter.

Seen plenty of AA tanks pull those scores, but those aren't air so they don't make people as mad for some reason.
  • DemonsofRazgriz
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    l_water_l wrote: »
    It really only needs a slight range Nerf. The damage is fine. Even after the recent buffs I still dive directly into one firing at me in a fighter, launch rockets at them and then fly away. Imo if I miss then I should die and if you nerfed the damage any more I would not. Its just maps like arras where the AA in the enemy uncap can hit the exact opposite side of the map that is annoying.

The funny thing is that fighters are now the best bombers in the game. They can two shot AA tanks and the armorless nature of static guns make them easy targets. AA used to shred fighters while barely tickling bombers and DICE decided to buff fighters against AA.

The irony is delicious.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Love when Flyboys cry about AA cause it shoots them down without any chance to retaliate. **** please you spen so much time helplessly bombing infantry and tanks on the ground with no chance of counter play. Yet when the same thing happens to you now its's a problem? This is why planes have no place in Battlefield.

#planesarecancer
    #removeplanes
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    It really only needs a slight range Nerf. The damage is fine. Even after the recent buffs I still dive directly into one firing at me in a fighter, launch rockets at them and then fly away. Imo if I miss then I should die and if you nerfed the damage any more I would not. Its just maps like arras where the AA in the enemy uncap can hit the exact opposite side of the map that is annoying.

The funny thing is that fighters are now the best bombers in the game. They can two shot AA tanks and the armorless nature of static guns make them easy targets. AA used to shred fighters while barely tickling bombers and DICE decided to buff fighters against AA.

The irony is delicious.

The original balance is how it should've been Fighters>Ground attack>AA>Fighters.

Now it's fighters (esp Spitfire VA w/ .303+bombs or VB/G2 with cannon+rockets) > all, and the only reason to pick a bomber is if the enemy team is really bad, so you can farm them faster while needing less reloads. Only reason to pick an AA is also to farm infantry as it does little to deter any decently piloted fighter.
  • PrecisionWing
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The irony is delicious.

Maybe you can show me how a fighter could 2 shot AA tank, I fly fighters all the time and never saw a fighter could do any meaningful damage to AA tank. Not even once.
    On the contrary, I can show you tons of videos that AA tank shot down fighters super easily.
  • SirBobdk
    edited December 2018
    You know, pilots don't only fly. We spend just as much time playing infantry and getting bomb by other pilots.
    But we know how to look for planes and how to dodge them. We also know when to get on the AA and when to shoot.
    AA and MAA is effective when you know how to use them, but many think it should be a camping site spamming bullets 24/7 covering the whole map.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    404 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    You know, pilots don't only fly. We spend just as much time playing infantry and getting bomb by other pilots.
    But we know how to look for planes and how to dodge them. We also know when to get on the AA and when to shoot.
    AA and MAA is effective when you know how to use them, but many think it should be a camping site spamming bullets 24/7.

Most flyboys only fly bro
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is the fighter bomber a much bigger problem on PC? I play on PS4 and although I do a good amount of bombing in my Spitfire I have yet to be killed by a fighter bomb since the patch and only died twice to the regular bomber.
  • stabbinhobo
    582 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Was on Fjell last night and bomber pilot racked up 56 kills flying in circles bombing those of us actually playing the game on the flag... fly in circles.. spam bombs. MUH MAD SKILLZ!

I'll take this opportunity to ask to buff AA more and Nerf the planes again. Planes in BF5 right now = cancer. Cheaper kills than playing assault vs. medics... and thats saying a lot.

Take away the ability to repair in flight for all planes. Give the bombers 1 500 pound bomb and the fighters 1 250 pound bomb... no rearm for bombs and higher MG ammo cap. BF used to be great game for dogfights... you know... fighting other aircraft. It's devolved to farming ground targets easymode 3p spamming bombs on flags.. "I'ma stovepipe 7-10 people on the flag in 1 pass... muhahahhahaha GIT GUD!" 3p targeting reticle needs to go away completely or make it as useless as the 3p reticle in the tank.

NERF PLANES>>> BUFF AA AGAIN!
  • SirBobdk
    Is the fighter bomber a much bigger problem on PC? I play on PS4 and although I do a good amount of bombing in my Spitfire I have yet to be killed by a fighter bomb since the patch and only died twice to the regular bomber.
    It can be, but not because of the bombs. If you go in 1st view and zoom you can see infantry on the ground and the 8xmg kills infantry very fast.
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It can be, but not because of the bombs. If you go in 1st view and zoom you can see infantry on the ground and the 8xmg kills infantry very fast.

That's my primary mode of ground killing as well but even that I haven't been killed by on PS4. I just think more console players focus on air to air than anything else I guess.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Was on Fjell last night and bomber pilot racked up 56 kills flying in circles bombing those of us actually playing the game on the flag... fly in circles.. spam bombs. MUH MAD SKILLZ!

I'll take this opportunity to ask to buff AA more and Nerf the planes again. Planes in BF5 right now = cancer. Cheaper kills than playing assault vs. medics... and thats saying a lot.

Take away the ability to repair in flight for all planes. Give the bombers 1 500 pound bomb and the fighters 1 250 pound bomb... no rearm for bombs and higher MG ammo cap. BF used to be great game for dogfights... you know... fighting other aircraft. It's devolved to farming ground targets easymode 3p spamming bombs on flags.. "I'ma stovepipe 7-10 people on the flag in 1 pass... muhahahhahaha GIT GUD!" 3p targeting reticle needs to go away completely or make it as useless as the 3p reticle in the tank.

NERF PLANES>>> BUFF AA AGAIN!

Why do i get the slight feeling that this story didnt happenend this way.....
    First of all every Plane has to back to resupply which takes a certain amount of time for Bombs to reload. And every side gets on Fjell five Planes, even Six when on Team helds C.
    So what were your Fighters doing all the time ?
    You want to take away the ability to repair midflight ? Okay but in addition the Infantry cant sprint endless like a super soldier but gets exhausted after a while, bunnyhopping becomes a deathwish and Infantry also gets its own Damage subsystem.
    Shot in the Leg ? Limping until reaching a Medic Station or a medic! Shot in the arm ? No more effective aiming !