Think I'm Getting Too Old for this Game

Comments

• blarrgy
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game is playing very badly atm in general, it's currently full of Rambo kids, who, if the game was more realistic, would be able to run around and be in places they couldn't get away with if they could ADAD spam or hop thier way through fun fire. Sure we all could do that, but its pathetic and not a game I want to play.
  • blarrgy
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Wouldn't, and couldn't, I mean.
  • uz3r
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im with you OP. Im a 35 yr old PC gamer of 15 years and Im finding BFV hard to enjoy. I dont have 50 hours a week to master the game, I just squeeze in 30 minutes or an hour here and there. I dont know if its hackers or the fact that the game has now evolved to reward only those who have plenty of time to master the flaws and intricacies of the game to the detriment of the casual gamer. I've owned every BF game since BF2 and I've felt the same way about BF1 and BFV - spawn, head shot, spawn, head shot. Maybe its time for me to abandon the BF series until they find a way to service casual gamers.
  • 2003cobravert
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can tell you first hand it’s not you. If I don’t play with my regular squad mates then it’s like throwing dollar bills into a slot machine. I’ve quit out of more games because my team is either straight up garbage or they just don’t care to ptfo.

It’s not you, it’s the trash system they have in place. I get one hit killed constantly. And let’s not leave out all the kids who most likely picked this up because it resembles COD in so many ways, just on a larger scale.

With that said, find a good squad to play with because that’s a sure fire way of doing better
  • PolarChihuahua
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If it wasn't for the rest of our band of old guys, I wouldn't be playing BFV much. It becomes a much better game when played together. And it's not the hardcore, fastpaceness either. I'll happily play Sandstorm or Rising Storm and be much less frustrated and annoyed.

Still, good to see there are so many older gamers still out there :-)
  • DieHarder55
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PrairieGeek,

Just want to say thanks again for this video link. Made a world of difference.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=NmC0En50eA8

Took me an hour to understand it all and to set it up. Had to dial it down 10 points from recommended 30-50 aim sensitivity but now I have smooth quick body and aim movement.

Played a full round of Conquest to test it out, using Rib 'something or other' for
    Assuslt weapon and went 9-7, 313 xp/min, placed 11th and my squad was top squad.

Biggest difference is I could both bring my gun to bare as well as bringing it up quickly and getting sight on target. Colors for damage help too.

Every game won't be like that but I can at least keep up to others for HtH combat a lot better!
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Glad it helped. It helped me in the same way. I still die more than kill but it feels way better. Also make sure if your tv has presets for movie and game put it on game. That same guy has some good tips on aiming techniques too
  • spartanx169x
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    First I would like to say I turn 50 in February and I do pretty decently.
    I have three IDs for those people that want to check- PSN: spartanx169x , XBL: spartan x169x and xsubzerox169x (yes I have two Xbox accounts).

There are quite a few things in impacting your performance. the netcode issue is one (the seemly one hit deaths). But there are also other issues.

1. The way this game has been designed - the attrition system (health packs and limited ammo), combined with the fast TTK severely punishes solo players. Its almost a necessity to run with a squad. That's not to say a solo player can't do well, but it is more difficult.

2. Not mentioned as far as I could see in this thread, but also important is the playerbase is not the same as BF1 was. What do I mean? the lack of casual players. Casual players have not bought this game. That in turn means of the players playing, more of them are going to be better than what it is in BF1.

So here are some things that may or may not help with not only BF but all shooters.

1. What size TV/monitor do you player on? The smaller the better ideally between 24 in and 32 in. I could explain the technicals, but I won't unless you ask. But SIZE MATTERS, just not in the way most people would normally think.

2. Do you play with headphones? If not get some and not some cheap $50 from Walmart. plan for at least $100.Yes this matters.

3. If you are not playing on console, you should. its a more level playing field. Its not perfect, but certainly more level than playing on PC.

Now for BF specifics.

1. Set your controller sensitivity a little lower than what you have to make sure you are not overcorrecting when lining up your shots.

2. If you want to play this game, you must run with your squad at least until you master the maps.

3. Don't be the leader of the squad, let somebody else do it. Let them run into the objectives first and they can draw fire while you see where the fire is coming from.

4. Until further notice , run as support with the KE7 and unlock the specializations of accuracy.

5. Always be on the lookout for med pack stations, top off any and every chance you get.

And of course if you can run with a party of friends its a bit easier. Currently I only have BF V on Xbox while I have BF1 on both PSN and Xbox. So if you want to play BF V on Xbox and play on the weekends during the day feel free to add me.

Hope this helps.

• Netranger9
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 1
    Nice ideas but i wont ever use a console,for anything,hate them.I have spent a small fortune (more than 100K at this stage) on computer gear(people often say my house looks like a NASA control room),lol.I am running 4 50 inch led tvs on my BF rig atm,and cant see the enemy very well at all.I went prone the other day and most of the enemy team walked straight over me,got 6 of them before I bought it.Biggest advice I got after 135Hrs is - stay with your squad.
  • g0merpile
    506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is age, stop kidding yourself. Eyes, reflexes hand eye memory. Most of the time most of you old goats cant even remember where you left your ammo create.
  • StormSaxon
    547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’m doing better at this than at BF1 and that is easy mode.
    BF4, was my lowest k/d I think 1.35 I think.
  • g0merpile
    506 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    StormSaxon wrote: »

first member of the OT clan. [OT] StormSaxon
  • g0merpile
    g0merpile wrote: »
    It is age, stop kidding yourself. Eyes, reflexes hand eye memory. Most of the time most of you old goats cant even remember where you left your ammo create.

bah! whippersnappers.. at least we can remember how to spell crate.. :smile:

I'm older then U most likely the oldest player here
  • SumwhatKrazy
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Iam 37 and i feel a bit the same lol.
  • Broliszibaila
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just go and check out game Post Scriptum - this game gives much better WW2 immersion and demands tactics and real teamwork. This BF5 game has nothing to do with WW2.
  • KUNeFFeM
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm 37 been playing these games since Battlefield 2 and as soon as you are not on it every day and you age you literally become **** lol! You still have it but question the point of it all hahaha! then you get lazy and eventually decide after going 7/18...things need to change so you go through your menu's and kit trying to inspire some blood to rush back into those balls and have it!

I run have run a platoon throughout all this time and it is tiring and long but we love this game lets face it, even when they let us down with BF Tardline & Battlefield 1 we still went out and got them and Battlefield V lol! Just keep playing is what I always say if you can of course nothing keeps you sharp and fresh like regular play, play to your strengths when things get ****, pack up that pro pipe and something with good damage and off you go into the wilderness!

Keep chargin guys
  • StormSaxon
    547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile wrote: »
    StormSaxon wrote: »

first member of the OT clan. [OT] StormSaxon

OT being Old Timer?
    Orrible Trooper?
    Outlandish Try-hard....

I shudder to think.

I’m 37...
  • TFBisquit
    1321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PrairieGeek,

Just want to say thanks again for this video link. Made a world of difference.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=NmC0En50eA8

Took me an hour to understand it all and to set it up. Had to dial it down 10 points from recommended 30-50 aim sensitivity but now I have smooth quick body and aim movement.

Played a full round of Conquest to test it out, using Rib 'something or other' for
    Assuslt weapon and went 9-7, 313 xp/min, placed 11th and my squad was top squad.

Biggest difference is I could both bring my gun to bare as well as bringing it up quickly and getting sight on target. Colors for damage help too.

Every game won't be like that but I can at least keep up to others for HtH combat a lot better!

Keep in mind this depends on your mouse settings in windows. I usually need sensitivity around 20-25. Sometimes as low as 15 depending on the game.
    In gaming, you're probably used to a certain mouse movement to turn your view around, so I make that move a couple of times and check if I'm turning 180°.
    Not more or less, though I accept if it's around 140°.
    I play at 1600 dpi, but if it was 800 or even lower, then I would need a higher sensitivity. Same for higher resolutions, then you also need higher sens.
    You can also lower zoom aiming sensitivity, I have that at 75% in bf5.
    In bf3 this was automatically slower, so your muscles got used to the aiming sens.
    Btw I was around 50 when I played BF3. Not the best, but still 1.6 kdr and doing rounds where I didn't wanted to give my young opponents a bad feeling, thus not spreading that around.
    Truth is that Battlefield games are different from most other shooters. That's why cod players didn't like it in the past.
    And yes, you need to play Battlefield alot, to become good/better.
  • GhostsOfWar119
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I'm 36, and I only play It with my friends which Is fine, but I get bored very fast playing It by myself.