Kicked by Punkbuster (MULTIHACK) #74004

Comments

• martyboy182
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Sk1lld wrote: »
    I only remember one large ban wave, EA did not get involved, the players successfully argued that a reshade program was causing the ban. EB recalled the bans, fixed the detection engine and a week later re-banned all the same players. Those bans were never reversed.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/battlefield-4/ea-admits-incorrect-punkbuster-bans-innocent-battlefield-players
    EA are investigating a series of unjustified PunkBuster bans on innocent players within their Battlefield games. It’s unclear how many players have been affected, but EA are working with their partners at Even Balance (developers of PunkBuster) to get the issue resolved as “quickly as possible”.

I remember it being "big enough" so that EA actually got involved, somewhat.
  • Sk1lld
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I only remember one large ban wave, EA did not get involved, the players successfully argued that a reshade program was causing the ban. EB recalled the bans, fixed the detection engine and a week later re-banned all the same players. Those bans were never reversed.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/battlefield-4/ea-admits-incorrect-punkbuster-bans-innocent-battlefield-players
    EA are investigating a series of unjustified PunkBuster bans on innocent players within their Battlefield games. It’s unclear how many players have been affected, but EA are working with their partners at Even Balance (developers of PunkBuster) to get the issue resolved as “quickly as possible”.

I remember it being "big enough" so that EA actually got involved, somewhat.

Yeah, that's the one.
    EA never got involved. Your information is incorrect.
  • martyboy182
    EA never got involved. Your information is incorrect.

Well, so is every news coverage about it on the internet I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Sk1lld
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    4 and a half year old article, with dead links¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Never going to happen, I wouldn't hold your breath.
  • martyboy182
    4 and a half year old article, with dead links¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, it happened 4 and a half year ago, I don't know what you've expected :lol: But google it for yourself, there has been plenty written about it and I don't care enough whether you think it's incorrect or not.
    Never going to happen, I wouldn't hold your breath.

I've already said I'm not. But again, I just want to know how to protect myself against this stupid "multihack" in the future. I seriously don't want to spend money on new copy only to get banned again for no legit reason.
  • Pnoce4ua2
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    In my case, it absolutely has to be some mistake on Even Balances side. This plug in thing or a server reporting wrong info or punkbuster has not updated their files/ logs to recognize my brand new pc has windows software/ drivers, etc. or someone reported me, who was slighted in some game play way.

I bought this pc 3 months ago to play bf4 with very little software installed

I only downloaded origin, bf4 nvidia shadowplay, & afterburner for my nvidia card.

nothing else. I have not played any video games 4 or 5 years in and no pc games in over 10 years

My account was not hacked. How could it have been? I created a special email just for bf4 that is only used for ea/ origin & here.

Seeing it from my side & if all I claim is true what else could it possibly be?

• Il-Scavenger-lI
    887 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2018
    Pnoce4ua2 wrote: »
    In my case, it absolutely has to be some mistake on Even Balances side. This plug in thing or a server reporting wrong info or punkbuster has not updated their files/ logs to recognize my brand new pc has windows software/ drivers, etc. or someone reported me, who was slighted in some game play way.

I bought this pc 3 months ago to play bf4 with very little software installed

I only downloaded origin, bf4 nvidia shadowplay, & afterburner for my nvidia card.

nothing else. I have not played any video games 4 or 5 years in and no pc games in over 10 years

My account was not hacked. How could it have been? I created a special email just for bf4 that is only used for ea/ origin & here.

Seeing it from my side & if all I claim is true what else could it possibly be?

Nothing gets reported to EB. It’s one way traffic. PB only scans for programs that are added to their blacklist, that blacklist is maintained by them.
  • Pnoce4ua2
    So I had reported 3 tickets to evenbalance as I read where they don't respond, which they don't. However the person said they copied the link to their support ticket which I did

Here is the 1st one

https://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/update_ticket.php?ticketnumber=EB4504000961401&password=b0f6332901fa50b17f37d0df8878e3&special_message=new_ticket

The above ticket was closed & a new one opened;

http://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/update_ticket.php?ticketnumber=EB0488000961303&password=3af1c911e89c9b690a19f75f83d9cd

Here is my responce;

{Note #3: Alex J, you are a liar! You do collect personal information as it is stated in your tos...
    "Licensee understands and agrees that the information that may be inspected and reported by PunkBuster software includes, but is not limited to, Licensee's Internet Protocol Address, devices and any files residing on the hard-drive and in the memory of the computer on which PunkBuster software is installed."

https://www.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/new_ticket.php

This is also a lie...."We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered"

You do know what IP was used & as I was told on Battlefield forums the following...

"...."I can not find any odd joins on your GUID. But again, I can only see joins on servers that were using a PB streaming plugin. "

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/171909/kicked-by-punkbuster-multihack-74004/p4

No one other than I at my one ip used the computer that the game is on...& you know this as you didn't collect any information stating otherwise. Why? because I did not hack at all in any way whatsoever. I do see that you state, "interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software" This means that your software is out of date & can't recognize new mouse/keyboard drivers,Windows 10 software or other normal files found on a new PC that has nothing to do with hacking a video game, etc. So what yo mean is it is NOT something that I did, but Even Balance, Inc. (PunkBuster's) inability to adapt or update their own program.

I did not hack at all in any way...NO one hacked my pc or my account and there is no proof stating otherwise}

Here is what happened..... as they state....."
    "interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software" OK, THIS is BIG!!!!

This means, as someone pointed out BF4 is being sunsetted & support or care of product integrity or a quality customer experience is being shelved. So even balance system is outdated & has not kept up with mouse/keyboard drivers, winows 10 or other normal files found on new pc's that have nothing to do with hacking. So they MISTAKE normal files found on a persons PC & with a broad brush ban folks with no proof at all.

I have gone to the BBB & started a complaint. I urge others like myself to do so. Here is the address provided by the BBB;

Business Name: Even Balance, Inc.
    Address: Spring, TX 77391
    Phone: (212) 431-5000

Don't bother with the phone # as it is not theirs (Go figure)

• SpoolaZ
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hope you have so much understanding that Evenbalance is a professional company that has logged all your gaming and knows exactly what you have done, alt or troll account, does not matter, punkbuster has taken you. Thats how it is. It shows that it works, but it has taken too long for some who thought they were safe.
  • martyboy182
    For all we know, you're just as much a cheater and a hacker as everyone else. So you're also not safe and punkbuster will take you sooner or later too. Good luck.
  • Pnoce4ua2
    SpoolaZ wrote: »
    Hope you have so much understanding that Evenbalance is a professional company that has logged all your gaming and knows exactly what you have done, alt or troll account, does not matter, punkbuster has taken you. Thats how it is. It shows that it works, but it has taken too long for some who thought they were safe.

You don't know what you are talking about. Where did you read that? Did someone tell you that?

Clearly it does not work. I did nothing wrong & there is no proof that I did.

Even balance, Inc. admits that they don't know what was done. They admit that it is something that interfered with their software, they just don't know what it was. Punkbuster has taken me, that is true. A completely innocent person that just wanted to play BF4! Lied to & falsely accused. Very professional. It shows that it doesn't work and that It's outdated. Those who hack keep on doing it. Punkbuster isn't stopping them.

You must be affiliated with them some how, otherwise why would you be reading this thread let alone commenting. Are you? Regular people like me that don't hack wouldn't even come here unless they were in my situation. So who else would come here other than Mods or admins?
  • g0merpile
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    been playing for a couple of months, Looking at my stats, no one would ever accuse me of hacking as I SUCK! So I don't know what triggered this bs event.

I un installed bf4, i re installed it, I went to the pb file a& b in fire wall, & visa versa did all that still nothing, appealed the ban.

found somewhere that it might be a Plug in? that needs to be installed?

-pnoce4au2

Stop being a cry baby. Your guilty.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    887 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited January 1
    We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered
    They do not know if your brother, father, grandfather, dog, goldfish, was behind the account. They only detected something on their blacklist was used on the account.
    Interfering with the normal operation of our PunkBuster software. 'This means that your software is out of date & can't recognize new mouse/keyboard drivers,Windows 10 software or other normal files found on a new PC that has nothing to do with hacking a video game, etc.'
    Pretty much all common used softwares have been tested by them and by us as a 3rd party. We haven't found a cause (yet) but if you know one, feel free to mention it here.
    "They admit that it is something that interfered with their software, they just don't know what it was.
    They know (at least think, but we can not prove them wrong) but they do not know who.
    All this aside, PB does not work with stats so it can be that what they detect does not reflect in the overall statistics. It can be that when someone just used the cheat once and only joined a server with it once, it gets him banned. In some cases I do not think this is a likely scenario though.
    Post edited by Il-Scavenger-lI on
  • SpoolaZ
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Doesn't Punkbuster work if you have a cheat installed then you will be kicked out, but if you remove the cheat that triggers PB, then you can play.
    If so, then there is nothing wrong with PB. Then you have been logged and banned by a third party for something you have done in the past that triggered PB, that been logged by these third party anti-cheat sites.
  • Il-Scavenger-lI
    edited January 1
    SpoolaZ wrote: »
    Doesn't Punkbuster work if you have a cheat installed then you will be kicked out, but if you remove the cheat that triggers PB, then you can play.
    If so, then there is nothing wrong with PB. Then you have been logged and banned by a third party for something you have done in the past that triggered PB, that been logged by these third party anti-cheat sites.

Exactly. But then the removal of the ban on those 3rd parties still requires EB to admit it when there is a mistake. This is in the case of violation kicks. With PB global bans you fully depend on EB to get it lifted. As those are the only real bans EB gives it won't matter if a 3rd party AC removes the ban as all PB enabled servers will kick you.
    Post edited by Il-Scavenger-lI on
  • Machette1963
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    edited January 4
    g0merpile wrote: »
    been playing for a couple of months, Looking at my stats, no one would ever accuse me of hacking as I SUCK! So I don't know what triggered this bs event.

I un installed bf4, i re installed it, I went to the pb file a& b in fire wall, & visa versa did all that still nothing, appealed the ban.

found somewhere that it might be a Plug in? that needs to be installed?

-pnoce4au2

Stop being a cry baby. Your guilty.

[removed]
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • martyboy182
    Pretty much all common used softwares have been tested by them and by us as a 3rd party. We haven't found a cause (yet) but if you know one, feel free to mention it here.

I have my suspicion on DS4Windows, the PS4 controller Windows connection utility. Can you test that one? On Win7?

• Il-Scavenger-lI
    edited January 1

I have my suspicion on DS4Windows, the PS4 controller Windows connection utility. Can you test that one? On Win7?

Will do this week. And can I ask some additional questions via PM?
  • martyboy182
    Will do this week. And can I ask some additional questions via PM?

Please do, I'm happy to help out as best as I can!

• Il-Scavenger-lI
    And people banned for PB violations, please read this: https://bf4db.com/forum/thread/punkbuster-bans-permanently-suspended-2777
    If you think you are eligible, please appeal on our forums according to these guidelines: https://bf4db.com/forum/thread/admin-request-how-to-appeal-your-ban-56
This discussion has been closed.