Battlefield 5 - balance the game please!

NougatRosette
162 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hello guys,

Today I would like to tell you what I think are the biggest problems with Battlefield 5. In order to keep my text as short as possible I want to get to the point immediately.

It is the bloody balance - there is no balance existing at all neither in games nor the classes, guns, etc. The whole game is an assault and support infested mess. But instead many players rather complain about scouts or medics which are pretty moderate already compared to previous games. Both the assault and support class have the best weapons at all ranges in the game. I estimate that about 70% of my deaths in the game are due to those two classes. Maybe then 20% by medics in close range however that is fine with me since their guns have to somewhat useful at some ranges at least. However I have rarely been taken out by a scout in the game, at maximum 10% of my deaths are caused by them. Another annoying thing is that assaults rather use their explosives against infantry than actually opposing tanks or other vehicles.

Also 90% of the matches at least on conquest are very imbalanced. Those matches are often only kept close artificially by a bloody balancer (the inferior team can capture flags much faster) which often makes the worse them win then. Ultimately they badmouth the better team then by thinking they played well which was not the case since they got favoured with an unfair advantage.

Referring to the classes I would suggest that support and assault either get nerfed or that the scout and medic should be buffed in order to give them more versatility. Moreover they really have to make matches actually balanced instead of simulating a balance which is not real.

Best regards

Comments

• Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i wish they give some weapon variety to medics and tone down the glint of recon scopes.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Agree!
  • trip1ex
    5106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They don't care about balance of matches judging from the work or lack of they put into it in this BF game and all the others.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    BFV can despite all its flaws be fun sometimes, but to be honest I’m already bored of it, 3-4 days since I logged and played it... Its 100% infantry this game...

Nobody can deny they failed this game miserably... It gets boring very fast... Having to play a certain way that they want (tides of war), to get content you already payed for, for it not even to be working...

Class balance that sucks... You cant see anything because of bad visability (on console xbox), objectives gets taken so fast nobody care to defend its just run and gun... Most maps suck, Hamada beeing the worst... Even tho BF1 had its flaws as well, it was 10 times better then BFV, it at least gives you all out war feeling... This game has no depth, only gold gunplay...

This is what happens when you focus on making #everyonesbattlefield, instead of just making a good battlefield game... Its a shame...
  • Khronikos
    2236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BFV can despite all its flaws be fun sometimes, but to be honest I’m already bored of it, 3-4 days since I logged and played it... Its 100% infantry this game...

Nobody can deny they failed this game miserably... It gets boring very fast... Having to play a certain way that they want (tides of war), to get content you already payed for, for it not even to be working...

Class balance that sucks... You cant see anything because of bad visability (on console xbox), objectives gets taken so fast nobody care to defend its just run and gun... Most maps suck, Hamada beeing the worst... Even tho BF1 had its flaws as well, it was 10 times better then BFV, it at least gives you all out war feeling... This game has no depth, only gold gunplay...

This is what happens when you focus on making #everyonesbattlefield, instead of just making a good battlefield game... Its a shame...

The tides stuff is putting me off ever playing this again at this point. I'm so tired of its horrible requirements. GOs are basically the worst mode possible, with some of the worst map combos and imbalanced teams you can imagine.

I actively will cheer when I get another win in GOs, and then I will promptly not play this anymore. It's to the point the game just exhausts and abuses the player's time, and that is a sign of a very bad and incompetently made game.
  • Noodlesocks
    3452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The class and weapon balance is definitely the worst in the series. I hope they can fix the game with patches like they fixed Battlefield 1.
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They have to actually fix the game first before they balance anything.
  • KomandantNino
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Balance should not go throo rank, all can have 50 rank its easy to do it, it should go throo k/d ratio. If i got rank 50 and my k/d ratio is 0,50 then i suck big time so i need people with better ratio on my team to win.

After today i will uninstall game becouse i was on lost team 23 games in row. 23 games played with 32 players on team and in row i lost every single game. This cant be even when im worst player in world, other 31 players in team are not!!!

So uninstaling and maybe install beck in few weeks if dice changes something about that. Maybe also last bt i buy ever.
  • Noodlesocks
    3452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    It is getting a tad tedious. The classes need a complete rework because everything seems to be skewed towards one single class whlie recon and bolt aciton rifles were nerfed so heavily it's nothing more than a novelty class to play.

Vehicles are the weakest they've ever been in Battlefield with weak cannons and weak machine guns, being easily taken out by one guy loaded with all the anti vehicle explosives in the game, forcing them to largely sit far away on a hill just sniping away all game.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is getting a tad tedious. The classes need a complete rework because everything seems to be skewed towards one single class whlie recon and bolt aciton rifles were nerfed so heavily it's nothing more than a novelty class to play.

Vehicles are the weakest they've ever been in Battlefield with weak cannons and weak machine guns, being easily taken out by one guy loaded with all the anti vehicle explosives in the game, forcing them to largely sit far away on a hill just sniping away all game.

vehicles are weak mainly because there are just way to many assaults for DICE to ever anticipate....
    net-code and class balance are whats holding BFV back atm the most closely followed by visibility
  • DropInDropOut
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Team balancing (lack of it) is definitely a huge issue. Players are just not switched up from game to game and that is not good when one team is dominating. As for weapons and classes, I don't think anything should be nerfed, but the medic and recon classes could use some kind of buff. For medics, a different gun category would be great and for recon I don't even know, reduced glint, sure, maybe a carbine pistol as a secondary that has 20 rounds so they can clear a room if needed or automatic one hit melee kills for when it gets super cqc and the bolt actions are not great.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello guys,

Today I would like to tell you what I think are the biggest problems with Battlefield 5. In order to keep my text as short as possible I want to get to the point immediately.

It is the bloody balance - there is no balance existing at all neither in games nor the classes, guns, etc. The whole game is an assault and support infested mess. But instead many players rather complain about scouts or medics which are pretty moderate already compared to previous games. Both the assault and support class have the best weapons at all ranges in the game. I estimate that about 70% of my deaths in the game are due to those two classes. Maybe then 20% by medics in close range however that is fine with me since their guns have to somewhat useful at some ranges at least. However I have rarely been taken out by a scout in the game, at maximum 10% of my deaths are caused by them. Another annoying thing is that assaults rather use their explosives against infantry than actually opposing tanks or other vehicles.

Also 90% of the matches at least on conquest are very imbalanced. Those matches are often only kept close artificially by a bloody balancer (the inferior team can capture flags much faster) which often makes the worse them win then. Ultimately they badmouth the better team then by thinking they played well which was not the case since they got favoured with an unfair advantage.

Referring to the classes I would suggest that support and assault either get nerfed or that the scout and medic should be buffed in order to give them more versatility. Moreover they really have to make matches actually balanced instead of simulating a balance which is not real.

Best regards

So you think there is a correlation between two classes being the most popular and those classes causing the majority of your deaths. How long did it take you to figure that out? And what makes you think anyone should care about that? Seriously, so what? The guys with powerful, accurate, long-range automatic weapons get more kills--okay, so play those classes, what's the problem?

Your in-depth analysis has also concluded that the team which wins by capturing the most flags had an unfair advantage. Riiiiight. And they didn't play better, they just capped and held more objectives, which is somehow unfair, or something.

You're also upset that players with explosives use them against infantry and not just against vehicles. Gee, that's a new one, haven't heard that more a few thousand times since the BF series was launched. Maybe DICE could make it so infantry are immune to explosives, would that make you happy?

There are real problems in BFV which need fixing--nothing you typed is even on the bottom of that list.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield has become an Infantry focused Franchise now and that makes it boring. Tanks are a Joke and Assaults just run like Flash with Dynamite,Mines, Panzerfausts and Piats like Flys to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
  • OfficerBOFA
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I have played Battlefield series since BF: Vietnam and while certainly not perfect, have always loved their games. This version felt different to me though. Game play felt way more hectic (though in one regard I guess that's more like actual war where bullets are flying every which way and crap is exploding all around you) but this is a game after all and has to be fun. But this hectic was not in any good way. When I started playing BF5, I have never died so much in any previous version (or any other FPS for that matter). It almost made me want to walk away after the first week or two. This had a higher learning curve and it's weaknesses were more pronounced. Below are my main points of contention with the game that I've documented.

To the OP: Interesting you say Assault and Support. To me there are too many snipers (both actual and 'in-effect' that I talk about below). When you are trying to return to fight from spawn and are constantly picked off and can't get back to the main fight that gets old real damn fast and takes away from the fun gameplay aspect.

But whats worse, and my biggest peeve other than cheaters, is that assault class rifles and carbines are basically sniper rifles. There is no way someone should be able to get a headshot (in combat) with a non-sniper rifle from 100-200 yards away. The single biggest fix IMHO is there needs to be a LOT more damage drop off and bullet drop from non scout-class weapons. Getting picked off like that with an M1 carbine would ALMOST be feasible (remember its the carbine not the full length rifle), but getting headshots at extreme range with the Gewehr 1-5 is laughable. But the biggest joke of them all is guys making long range kill shots (and headshots) with the freaking STEN. Either they are using aimbots or there is a bigger problem we need to deal with. A Medic's Sten is a short range to MEDIUM range at best. Again, dropping ranged accuracy and damage would make the classes more realistic and make for better gameplay, allowing scout/snipers to be a real strategic choice.

The second biggest issue, is the match-making system (or lack thereof) and how teams can be completely unbalanced. IF there is any sort of system in place, I get that it can take a few matches for it to sort things out, but when you also have games where one team is outnumbered 2 to 1... that shows poor programming. The server should never be permitted to assign people to the other team like that. That is a major code flaw on their side.

Another sore spot: Because they are so abused, PIAT's (and other anti-vehicle weapons) need to have damage lowered against troops. Having idiots fire an anti-tank rocket inside a build to take out a few soldiers is asinine. Ya, its 'part of the game' but that wouldn't ever happen IRL as they'd kill themselves in the process. Fix: Explosives need to harm the user and/or have friendly-fire. Bullets can stay FF-off (as that'd break gameplay). But most I think would agree explosives should be on as they are over used and don't give others a fighting chance.

With all that said, I have to remind myself (and others), that like it or not, DICE made the decision to release the game too early. It's only been out a short time and it will take a bit to get the bugs worked out balancing is an almost never-ending process. Though DICE has their work cut out for them and if they don't correct the cheating and address some of these issues soon, a lot of people will leave to go play other new titles coming out.

-[TEST]OfficerBOFA
  • TEXls1
    236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should have 1 gun in the game, then everything would be perfectly balanced. Then 1 tank, 1 plane, 1 grenade and a knife.
  • lionking7001
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can't understand why there is no working team balance. The games very often start with like 32-25 players even. The game shouldn't start until there is at least almost as many players in both teams!