This Week in Battlefield V

Where is the teamplay?

Smaisteri
396 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
When I open the squad selection menu...

Assault
Scout
Assault
Assault
Assault
Scout
Scout
Assault
Assault
Medic
Assault
Assault
Scout
Assault

I've never ever seen a Medic in the nearby list when I've gotten incapacitated and I have seen literally 0 Support players so far, in-game or in the squad selection menu. And I have no doubt that the majority of them will replace the Syringe with Rifle Grenade anyway. It just seems like it's every man for himself all over again with minimal squadplay effort required.

Has anyone else spotted these rare, mythical Support players?

/rant

Comments

• EstrangedFish
    151 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Battlefield 1 Member
    You can't expect people to do smart things. That's a rookie mistake.
  • RosscoSan
    769 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I played as support for a bit, but I wanted to see if I could rank up the medic class (I can't figure out how to though :S)

Worst thing about being a medic is I can't see who needs revived/how long I have to revive them. So far I've only been able to revive people who die right in front of me since I know they can be picked up.
  • m09-legendary
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Support is useless and sniper and medic follow the same way as support thy will die in a short time
  • F1aw1ess11
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    It says it right on the title screen, did you miss it?

"Play battlefield your way" "tailoring the battlefield to your needs"

This is what BF has become, no more teamwork.....havent you noticed the trend since BFBC?
  • DaChileanSeabass
    160 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    it goes, medic > sniper<engi< supp. wait like 4 days for people to level and boom, there will be preferred classes. Or if bf1 is a flop, snipers only
  • zamknijjj
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    already bored with the game.
    What are they upto, it is out of my mind.

How difficult it is to just make a decent game, with good maps......
    4 years old CASPIAN border map,.... still beats this bf1 new map......
  • valeri0706
    185 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1 question, in order to level up different classes, do you need to necessarily do their signature purpose? For example, healing when playing with Medic? Or you only need to score?
  • Smaisteri
    396 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    RosscoSan wrote: »
    I played as support for a bit, but I wanted to see if I could rank up the medic class (I can't figure out how to though :S)

Worst thing about being a medic is I can't see who needs revived/how long I have to revive them. So far I've only been able to revive people who die right in front of me since I know they can be picked up.

I've been playing the Medic too and I agree with the revives. For some reason its really difficult to see who needs a revive and how much time there is left for them. My minimap is usually littered with skull icons but I don't see bodies anywhere.

And the good old disappearing bodies bug is still not fixed. It has existed through Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline and now in Battlefield 1 so far. My hopes for it getting fixed are very slim. I've managed to only revive one single person because the other revivable bodies just disappear when I walk up to them.
  • Aphexus
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The game is not even realesed for 12 hours. Of course you wont find teamplay that much. Players want to try out. Try the vehicles, try the weapons etc. You really cant complain already.
    Btw there is way more to go for teamplay, than just picking the medicclass.
    Go for a good example then and play medic ;)
  • IOIHUMMERIOI
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    Sad to say, team play games seem to have gone out the window. Most people want to be heroes and be number one on the leaderboard. Then they will tell you that you suck when the team loses and point out how many kills they have...on a capture and hold map. Happens way too often. I love medic and support roles. I may not have many kills, but our team will have a better chance at winning because we were in the game and not dead all the time. I played medic several times in BF1, and it isn't the same. Reviving is painful. Medpacks seem to fall through the map a lot. I need to give it more time, but could also be why there aren't many medics or support. All assault.
  • Ameeba37
    1753 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2016
    I don't know what sort of teamplay are you expecting from a bunch of randoms playing a game for their first time.
  • Smaisteri
    Ameeba37 wrote: »
    I don't know what sort of teamplay are you expecting from a bunch of randoms playing a game for their first time.

Considering this is the early access beta, I kind of expected the more hardcore and experienced Battlefield players to be playing currently.
  • Theleux
    623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The beta has only been out for a bit now. I wouldn't expect any major teamwork until people finish experimenting with the new classes. Give it some time for people to get used to everything, it's a brand new game for everyone here.
  • czopor-old_man
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Theleux wrote: »
    The beta has only been out for a bit now. I wouldn't expect any major teamwork until people finish experimenting with the new classes. Give it some time for people to get used to everything, it's a brand new game for everyone here.

I heard that at BF3 beta... and BF4 beta... and guess what...after many years there's still no teamplay in bf3/4 so.. you know...
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I haven't been revived once in 2 hours of beta. The fact that you can't see who needs reviving makes it difficult but now that deaths don't hurt the team there's really no need to save lives anymore.

I stuck 2 guys but like I said I didn't even know of I was able to revive them. They were just bodies...
  • Marshennn
    310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why would anyone revive anymore? You only get 25XP (50 for squad) for revives and it doesn't even affect your team's "score".
  • F1aw1ess11
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited August 2016
    Why would anyone revive anymore? You only get 25XP (50 for squad) for revives and it doesn't even affect your team's "score".

This mentality is why we havent had a good BF game since BF2....disgusting....they made the game a deathmatch with cars and planes
  • Marshennn
    310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited August 2016
    F1aw1ess11 wrote: »

This mentality is why we havent had a good BF game since BF2....disgusting....they made the game a deathmatch with cars and planes

That is not my mentality, but it is what's been happening so far in the beta. This is also a game issue, not a player issue. Revives until BF4 meant something.. They were crucial in tight rounds and they even awarded the player with a good bit of XP. Now, it's near useless. I still revived players out of goodwill, but I can see the medic class being a very rare kit if things stay this way.