This game is an absolute joke right now...

2»

Comments

• Aircool_212
    764 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MADMAC50K wrote: »
    Servers full of cheats who can seemingly fire headshots through mountains
    Assignments that don't track properly
    Netcode still delivering multiple shots from SMGs as one hit
    Server connection problems
    Constant vaulting issues
    More bad spawns than any previous BF game I've played

Meanwhile the devs are working hard to bring us microtransactions for cosmetic items. Nice priorities devs.... :/

Honestly, if these things go on without being fixed this game will be lucky to last 6 months. It should never have been released like this. Worst BF game ever.

You must be new to the series if you think this is a rough launch, compared to the release of BF4 this is a picnic in the park. EA had DICE suspend work on everything else to focus on repairing BF4, eventually they brought in DICE LA and Visceral to finish the job. It took over a year, but BF4 ended up running beautifully.

But this is the root which causes many players to be jaded. It's the same mistakes over and over again, except this time, the game is dull, bland and lifeless. I really, really wanted this to be the best BF ever, and it could have been. The setting is perfect, the factions and weapons are wide and varied except they somehow managed to drain the game of life. Nearly all the weapons have scopes, armour is weak and jumping/ADAD spamming is still king which means the gameplay is the same old story of camp or pray 'n' spray.

I remember some of the WWII games of the past (and a certain game that also had the moniker BFV). Only one or two weapons had scopes and they required kneeling/prone and not moving to have any chance of hitting whilst armour was frightening. They suffered terribly from bunnyhopping and ADAD spam, but at least it was difficult to fire accurately using a scoped weapon whilst doing so.

I've said it many times before, first person shooters made for the PC and consoles just don't work. You can't make a mouse and keyboard game viable for consoles, so you end up with a game that doesn't fit either platform. How do you balance a game where the control methods are so different? You can't.
  • SeismoMarine
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm just glad that I'm playing on PS4.

The gaming industry should really start to take cheating seriously. Players should be identified by Credit Cards, Online Banking, or any other reliable method, and you should only get that one account what to play with. If caught, your account would get banned, and you wouldn't be able to create another one.

Ban a hardware ID and cheaters need to buy a new Hardware to fix it, this would be a solution. The best part would be that they do not tell about until they try to play a new game copy.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    The kill cam in BFV is Soo outdated.. they need an actual recording cam of the killer to see how they saw you.
    Use spectate mode then.

Why would I leave a game after being killed to go through 2 load screens just to spectate a single player killing other players only then to join a new game that player who killed me isn't on? Do people that post on here think? A 3 - 5 second recording death cam is what Battlefield needs and has needed for years. Not only does it give hackers more reign, it doesn't give closure to 80% of bogus deaths that happen most to note with how you died, but the player that killed you was or is now in the next alley? It doesn't make sense sometimes.
  • Catsonspeeed
    651 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Assignments that don't track properly
    Netcode still delivering multiple shots from SMGs as one hit
    Server connection problems
    Constant vaulting issues
    More bad spawns than any previous BF game I've played

Meanwhile the devs are working hard to bring us microtransactions for cosmetic items. Nice priorities devs.... :/

Honestly, if these things go on without being fixed this game will be lucky to last 6 months. It should never have been released like this. Worst BF game ever.

You must be new to the series if you think this is a rough launch, compared to the release of BF4 this is a picnic in the park. EA had DICE suspend work on everything else to focus on repairing BF4, eventually they brought in DICE LA and Visceral to finish the job. It took over a year, but BF4 ended up running beautifully.

I've said it many times before, first person shooters made for the PC and consoles just don't work. You can't make a mouse and keyboard game viable for consoles, so you end up with a game that doesn't fit either platform. How do you balance a game where the control methods are so different? You can't.

Agreed. It's only common sense. I can't think of a single reason why the game is not balanced separately to both platforms. Maybe it's just laziness.
  • ZombieP1ow
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    but, but... cosmetics.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

100+ hours of play and I literally haven't encountered this once.

definitely the worst bf yet.

Should try BF Play4Free.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2019
    I've seen roughly a dozen blatant cheats in about 75 hours gameplay. Typical example is standing in an all bricked walled room on Rotterdam and shot through the wall.

The hackers will move on to something else soon when they realise BFV isn't a popular game and the player base dwindles.

Atm the game is losing players and not attracting new ones due to issues with netcode, difficulty, performance, bugs / glitches and general rushed to shops before the game was ready feel to the game.

The TTD and CC issues should have been fixed pre Xmas, DICE messed up the TTK so lost time on fixing the right stuff

Hoping there will be a patch next Tuesday that sorts some of these problems out!
  • MADMAC50K
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Played 4 rounds now trying to complete the Bren Gun Mastery 2. 1950 damage points in a round or 5850 damage points in total. Using nothing but the Bren for kills in all 4 rounds and the assignment tracking hasn't budged - both stuck about 75% complete - exactly how I started tonight. On top of that the TTD is totally fecking ridiculous. An utter mess of a game. If I delivered a PoS like this to our customers at work, I'd be fired on the spot.....