BF FiV5 content... -

dA_9_eL_81
1837 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Erm... Can somebody please contact Dice and tell them that when we (the playerbase) asked for more content in the game we were not asking for real in-game currency to buy facepaint for Erica or shredded leatherpants for Gunther.... but for maps, modes & guns...!

Thank you!

Comments

• mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed
  • PlatterKotten
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I say it again, give us a damn mapeditor so we can make our own damn maps! :)
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1837 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I say it again, give us a damn mapeditor so we can make our own damn maps! :)

No need for a mapeditor if we could just get Operation Metro 1944 preferably with the re-introduction of Rush gamemode...
  • PlatterKotten
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, Metro and Locker in a 1944 mode.
  • Raging_Savag3
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Technically we've gotten more dlc (maps and guns) the first month after BF5s launch than we got in the first three months of BF1...That's not counting the cosmetics added already.

It's ironic people would still complain about a lack of content.

Content for me is MAPS. i dont care for cosmetics, skins, pants or skirts nor the face paint. Guns are addition to content. So all the content and additions we have is 1 map which i ll never play, and guns that are all for assault apart VGO. Again something I wont use cause I play as a medic.
  • Loqtrall
    12100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    Technically we've gotten more dlc (maps and guns) the first month after BF5s launch than we got in the first three months of BF1...That's not counting the cosmetics added already.

Content for me is MAPS. i dont care for cosmetics, skins, pants or skirts nor the face paint. Guns are addition to content. So all the content and additions we have is 1 map which i ll never play, and guns that are all for assault apart VGO. Again something I wont use cause I play as a medic.

And again, that's one month after the launch of the game. Compared to BF1 that at 3 months after launch had one free dlc map and no additional weapons. My point stands.
  • Raging_Savag3
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

And again, that's one month after the launch of the game. Compared to BF1 that at 3 months after launch had one free dlc map and no additional weapons. My point stands.

Couldnt care for a game what was total Battlefront Reskin

https://preview.redd.it/713ur0ckhkjx.jpg?width=452&auto=webp&s=ed6af900ea811a625aa08a680b93d79881d5da74
  • GerocK-
    643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Just because you don't use/play the added content doesn't mean it's not content.
    -
    Battlefield 4 started with 10 maps
    Battlefield 1 and V both started with 8 maps and 1 free post-launch map
    Everyone thought the DLC expansions of Battlefield 4 and 1 were worth the money, yet all of Battlefield V's new content will be free.
    So even though Battlefield V started with less weapons than Battlefield 4 (modern era versus ww2 era), I don't think anyone has a right to complain about Battlefield V's content.
  • Raging_Savag3
    GerocK- wrote: »

Just because you don't use/play the added content doesn't mean it's not content.
    -
    Everyone thought the DLC expansions of Battlefield 4 and 1 were worth the money, yet all of Battlefield V's new content will be free.
    So even though Battlefield V started with less weapons than Battlefield 4 (modern era versus ww2 era), I don't think anyone has a right to complain about Battlefield V's content.

Where did I say it wasnt a content ? I just stated my opinion to what is a content to me and not. And you re wrong, everyone has a right to complain or praise. I d much rather have expansion packs with 3 or 4 maps for symbolic price every 4 months than just 1 lazy developed map such as panzerstorm once in a while. Lack of content and 0 progression after level 50 makes you wanna vomit, and apart the existing bugs its a big flaw.
  • frankie1986145
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s unrealistic but I think a new map should be released every month to keep players engaged
  • EdwinSpangler
    1793 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Right, but didnt bf1 launch with more than bf5 + that month of DLC??

I get this very strong "lacking" feeling with bf5 that I did not have at this time with bf1..
  • Loqtrall
    12100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2

I get this very strong "lacking" feeling with bf5 that I did not have at this time with bf1..

It had one additional map, and more sidearms. But it also lacked any and all character customization and it's weapon customization was nothing compared to BF5. BF5 now has just as many maps as bf1 and more weapons than BF1 had until it got its first dlc pack, which was released nearly 6 months after bf1 launched. It's also gotten cosmetic dlc and the next tow event (which will add even more weapons and cosmetics) starts in a few days.

You technically should have felt even more of a lack of content for BF1 the first 6 months it was out.
  • Loqtrall
    It’s unrealistic but I think a new map should be released every month to keep players engaged

There's not a single developer that has done this, it's beyond simply unrealistic. The maps a dev studio even as big as DICE could churn out in a months time would be total crap.
  • Ernie_Shavers
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    Erm... Can somebody please contact Dice and tell them that when we (the playerbase) asked for more content in the game we were not asking for real in-game currency to buy facepaint for Erica or shredded leatherpants for Gunther.... but for maps, modes & guns...!

Thank you!

There are plenty of map's. The issue is the great majority of them are poorly thought out and have grown dreadfully old. It's the most thoughtless & unimaginative starting map pack in the history of the franchise. DICE is putting too much effort into making these map's historically accurate and not enough effort into designing them to provide fluid, fun gameplay.

There are plenty of gun's. There is no need to add more but DICE will. I'd rather they add some weapon types to Recon & Medic to make the classes more versatile.

There are enough modes. The problem here is that the game modes are poorly thought out and lack creativity. The historically accurate, unimaginative, poorly though out map's obviously don't help.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1793 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It had one additional map, and more sidearms. But it also lacked any and all character customization and it's weapon customization was nothing compared to BF5. BF5 now has just as many maps as bf1 and more weapons than BF1 had until it got its first dlc pack, which was released nearly 6 months after bf1 launched. It's also gotten cosmetic dlc and the next tow event (which will add even more weapons and cosmetics) starts in a few days.

You technically should have felt even more of a lack of content for BF1 the first 6 months it was out.

Idk what to feel anymore :(
  • GerocK-
    643 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GerocK- wrote: »

-

Where did I say it wasnt a content ? I just stated my opinion to what is a content to me and not. And you re wrong, everyone has a right to complain or praise. I d much rather have expansion packs with 3 or 4 maps for symbolic price every 4 months than just 1 lazy developed map such as panzerstorm once in a while. Lack of content and 0 progression after level 50 makes you wanna vomit, and apart the existing bugs its a big flaw.

You're saying it again in your first sentence. You say it's not content for you if it isn't a new map.
    I wouldn't say the expansion packs of Battlefield 4 and 1 had a symbolic price. All DLC together was €50-60.
    They came with more maps than Battlefield V will get, but Battlefield V will get content in the form of game modes, stories and customization (something I despise, but what the community begged for since Battlefield 1).
    Also, Battlefield V's roadmap was public long before the game released. So yeah, everyone has the right to complain or praise, but in this case it doesn't make sense to complain. You knew what you were going to get before purchasing the game.
  • Maldraxis
    50 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 3
    Guys, it's DICE we're dealing with here.

The DLC will be classic maps like Wake Island etc. They have no originality, they are currently porting in BF1 guns ... so it kind of proves my point.
    Can't wait for the reskin of Metro called Adolf's Bunker :disappointed:
  • dA_9_eL_81
    I just hope they add some BF4-weapons and gadgets to BFV... Lets just give up on this game and just go gung-ho all-in and give the authencity of the game a big FY....

Personally I just wanna play Op Metro 1944 on a dedicated 2000 ticket server....