BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1238 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 6
    5char
    dice%20eng.png

Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Axlerod1
    1382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Lets see, BFV sold 1.9 million Digital Copies and 1.4 Million Physical Copies.

Maybe it is time for EA to let DICE do what they do best and make a game the players want to buy that includes dedicated 3rd party admin controlled servers.
    Hmm just a thought.
  • -Antares65z
    1670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry to be the negative one here but you guys are beating a dead horse. Activision successfully transitioned their playerbase off rented/3rd party servers. They are still very successful in selling their game. EA is taking a page from their book. The vast majority of players in BF games don't care about rented servers. This is proven through the extensive and growing use of Quick Match and countless complaints over the years about 'Badmins'. The people interacting on these forums represent a very small pecentage of the overall playerbase.
  • Axlerod1
    1382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 2
    Sorry to be the negative one here but you guys are beating a dead horse. Activision successfully transitioned their playerbase off rented/3rd party servers. They are still very successful in selling their game. EA is taking a page from their book. The vast majority of players in BF games don't care about rented servers. This is proven through the extensive and growing use of Quick Match and countless complaints over the years about 'Badmins'. The people interacting on these forums represent a very small pecentage of the overall playerbase.

On consoles I would say yes. Even though every year they seem to sell less and less of COD.
    Since Modern Warfare 2, I would say Activation lost the PC community so I would not say it was a successful transition.

Didn't the head of Activision just Leave after like 17 months today. I sure it has nothing to do with their bad game sales.
    Activision Blizzard is firing its CFO
    https://www.pcgamer.com/activision-blizzard-is-going-to-be-firing-its-cfo/
    Post edited by Axlerod1 on
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »

On consoles I would say yes. Even though every year they seem to sell less and less of COD.
    Since Modern Warfare 2, I would say Activation lost the PC community so I would not say it was a successful transition.

Didn't the head of Activision just Leave after like 17 months today. I sure it has nothing to do with their bad game sales.
    Activision Blizzard is firing its CFO
    https://www.pcgamer.com/activision-blizzard-is-going-to-be-firing-its-cfo/

You mean the guy that landed at Netflix the very same day? How unlucky of him.
  • karcyon
    299 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lets see, BFV sold 1.9 million Digital Copies
    Lol, what's your source?
  • Beat_Mangler80
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've tried and I've tried. They will add the servers when they feel like it no sooner no later. **** them.
  • Axlerod1
    edited January 2
    karcyon wrote: »
    Lets see, BFV sold 1.9 million Digital Copies
    Lol, what's your source?

The internet, LOL
    https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/474427-digital-game-spending-down-last-month-december-2018
    Post edited by Axlerod1 on
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2
    EA leg humping shills making up sales numbers... Yeah, BFV sold 3.3 million units in just the first week so they decided to discount it by 55% after seven days. Ok. That makes sense.

This $19.99 bargain bin effort sold less than Battlefield Hardline in it's debut week.Total sales. It's fun to watch people stick their heads in the sand over this.
  • Staazvaind
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The rental servers would save this game . The match making STINKS . Games are constantly starting with teams un blanced . I was on several servers tonight where my team was down 8 players . We lost objectives and new players to the server would leave . Admins ( which I have been ) balance the servers with skill and numbers . Remove blatant cheaters and foul mouthed fools . I see the term Badmins a lot , what a stupid term . Don't like the server ... leave and play official .

This game is good , it does need some fixing . In the current state it will die and the numbers will be way lower with BF 6 . If this game was more complete , with RSP and it could have sold for 120.00 a pop . How about selling this game in 2019 , 2020 , if it works well and it grows you have something to sell . EA are you just trying to get release day sales ? Horrible Corporate decisions with little insight . Repeating the same mistakes over and over again . What a shame .

+1
  • Obliviate1982
    212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Almost one year agoI posted this in BF1 pc forums because I have a feeling nothings going to happen with regards to server rentals, I'm not sure how they are gonna get a comp mode going without server rentals either (ive heard DICE have said something about 8v8?).

Link here:https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/134343/possible-reason-for-eas-increased-dumbing-down-of-server-rental-admin-options/p1
  • Axlerod1
    Both EA and DICE make lots of empty promises and really like to make bold statements without ever backing any of it up.

Well sales figures are in and they stink.
    Gamers are unhappy and still nothing is being done.
    BFV launches half a game at full price and now everyone wonders why it is at a 50% discount a month after launch.

EA better come up with something to make those shareholders and customers happy. The FIFA customers are not happy either.

IF EA wants to sell games, then they need to make games that are worth buying. Those same games need to be worth playing for more than a week too. I gues this is to much to ask for.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA leg humping shills making up sales numbers... Yeah, BFV sold 3.3 million units in just the first week so they decided to discount it by 55% after seven days. Ok. That makes sense.

This $19.99 bargain bin effort sold less than Battlefield Hardline in it's debut week.Total sales. It's fun to watch people stick their heads in the sand over this.

We'll get some real numbers Feb 6th: https://ir.ea.com/home/default.aspx
  • DIV88_Viking
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If EA and DICE are not talking about it, then it is not in there.

Unfortunately yes..it seems that way..

I think! They will never be able to sell another Battlefield unless they give us the option to play on dedicatet servers. I am 10000 % sure I am not alone in saying, I want dedicatet servers, and If I do not get it, I will NEVER buy another battlefield ever. I currently hate the server settings, but with my own server, I could change the settings. Examples would be 175.200% bullet damage, and sniper/recon limit. Because atm, recon class is ruining the game by both being OP and spammed to the point where ppl do not even play the objective.
  • StingX71
    820 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I see the term Badmins a lot , what a stupid term . Don't like the server ... leave and play official .

Abusive players far outnumber “badmins”.

As such, with no RSP, the only conclusion to be made is that EA now caters to abusive players only.

In my experience, most admins/clan servers were cool. Friends and I would rotate through 3-4 of them depending on our mood as most were custom setups. BF1 killed all of them off. Few tried, but find custom servers was a pain.

• Metal_Jockets
    247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If EA and DICE are not talking about it, then it is not in there.

Unfortunately yes..it seems that way..
    I am 10000 % sure I am not alone in saying, I want dedicatet servers,.

Dedicated Servers with the ability of admin control is an essential aspect of PC gaming for obvious reasons..

Even though the PC community isn't as large as the Consoles it's large enough to be viable..but if they keep on the course they're on at the moment it will disappear .

I certainly hope EA/DICE will come to its senses and realizes the sometimes you need to spend money to make money..by continually cutting costs you will eventually turn a positive into a negative.