Weekly Debrief

How do you want to better yourself as a player?

HUMANFRAIL7Y
722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited January 2
How do you personally want to better yourself as a player? Me, personally? I want to kill more proficiently as an infantry player.

My infantry KD in BF1 is 2.9 vs only 1.84 in this game. I sucked at this game at first, but I've been acquainting myself with the Ribeyrolles and I'm now averaging at least a 2.0 - 3.0 KDR in most matches.

My personal goal is to achieve and maintain at least a 2.0 infantry KDR. i'm slowly getting there. I know, I know, KD isn't everything. I'm just annoyed to no end that the disparity of my KDRs between this game and BF1 is so great.

What are your personal goals in this game? How do you want better yourself as a player, overall?

Comments

• dA_9_eL_81
    1834 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My personal goal is to play the game without getting frustrated at Blueberries as much. Just try to have fun.

Same! The very second you try to play for stats I guarantee you will rage hard every time you get killed....
    Its ok to have goals for certain KDR´s but trying to archieve them mostly brings out the worst in a player...

Imagine getting killed 2-3 times in the beginning of a match going 0-3.... WYD? Bring out the sniper... Get your 8-10 kills while camping it out and going maybe 12-4 (which gives you a 3 KD) but you will probably end in the bottom 6 on the scoreboard...
  • ProAssassin2003
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    My personal goal is to play the game without getting frustrated at Blueberries as much. Just try to have fun.

Same! The very second you try to play for stats I guarantee you will rage hard every time you get killed....
    Its ok to have goals for certain KDR´s but trying to archieve them mostly brings out the worst in a player...

Imagine getting killed 2-3 times in the beginning of a match going 0-3.... WYD? Bring out the sniper... Get your 8-10 kills while camping it out and going maybe 12-4 (which gives you a 3 KD) but you will probably end in the bottom 6 on the scoreboard...

I don't play for stats however I get frustrated when I die to something I know I could have did different or I did something stupid.
  • Tullzter
    1092 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would like to learn how to evade planes on my a**, i find it very hard in this game to shake off an enemy plane behind you !
  • Netranger9
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Living for more than 25 seconds would be nice.
  • 03MAZ995
    109 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I want to maintain a positive K/D... 1.1 is fine.

My aim is to always finish in the top half of the board, 16th or better. I'm gaining tactical appreciation (flanking routes, when to defend and when to push) but really need to improve my aim and situational awareness.

I'm a hopeless sniper and would like to improve my aim and shot placement. I take far too long to take a shot. I don't fly or use vehicles so I'd like to get better with them.

I'd also like to be less frustrated by the blueberries. I need to be 'disappointed but not surprised'.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1834 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Netranger9 wrote: »
    Living for more than 25 seconds would be nice.

No problem on Hamada... Just run from Obj A to B...
  • Hawxxeye
    5529 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To convince myself to stop caring too much about winning (and getting myself killed too many times in the process) when most of the team does not seem to care.
    It frustrates me to no end that my profile looks so bad because I try hard to help the team win and end up being farmed for kills by people camping in a lane with their weapon at their ready.
  • ElliotLH
    8371 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    To try and stop getting killed as much.
  • Cropulus
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    To convince myself to stop caring too much about winning (and getting myself killed too many times in the process) when most of the team does not seem to care.
    It frustrates me to no end that my profile looks so bad because I try hard to help the team win and end up being farmed for kills by people camping in a lane with their weapon at their ready.

Same. I find myself raging so hard on this, which is not great as I am too worked up to think about my next course of action. Getting angry gets me killed. Just the other day I refused to revive people as medics were just running over me without reviving, which is a silly way to respond I know.

I need to improve my aim and patience and stop caring so much about my k/d. It will be alright regardless anyway, as I find.
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Getting killed makes me angry as well, to the point that I blindly rush to places frustratingly, hoping to get kills. This in turn gets me killed even more. Lol.
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well I'd love to play on Conquest Small to experience the classic and best game mode of Battlefield in a more controlled and less randomized setting, like I could on nearly every other BF game for the past decade.

Oh wait...
  • Blakkwolfe
    376 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not a goal exactly but wouldn't mind going over 1.0 k/d. I'm a pretty crappy player but I managed it eventually in BF1. Though bettering my aim and dying less is obviously a goal as well as getting more tactical.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6777 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2
    My goal WAS to try for once to start on release as strong as I actually am as a player. I always start bad and screw up my stats. My BF1 stats (k/d & KPM) match more closely match my current skill level rather than my BFV stats. I mean this is what I get often as infantry: https://imgur.com/gallery/kfg83WF

Then again I guess it doesn't matter. I know my skill level and the scoreboards show it, despite the overall profile stats.

I guess my current goal is to continue to expand my personal wall/album of fame of 60+ kill conquest rounds. Currently contains 63 scoreboard screenshots lol. I guess it's wall no one will ever look at nor will it benefit me or anyone else. Though I kind of need something like this to keep playing because unlike the average BF player I have zero interest in skins, cosmetics, assignments etc... I play for the gameplay and getting stronger as a player.

• MocKIngSpONgeBoB
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just to stay on the top of the scoreboard as an agressive Recon using bolt-actions, just to show Assault kiddies that you can perform well without using any kind of OP class.
    And also giving my squad some nice beacons to take ennemies from behind.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    99% Wins and 10+ K/D would be nice before the next BF game release. Don’t really care for K/D but would be cool tho. Just to troll
  • Cropulus
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Getting killed makes me angry as well, to the point that I blindly rush to places frustratingly, hoping to get kills. This in turn gets me killed even more. Lol.

Hahaha, I do this too! I lolled out loud! Knowing that I am not alone on this makes me feel better about myself. I am too old to care about these silly stats and to rage :D

• BL4CK_W4LL_
    704 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like this thread. Personally I want to reach a k:d of equal or higher than my bf4 k:d and maintain my 60% win rate.

This means being more diligent on gauging when to hip fire and when to ADS in gunfights. As well as better decision making when it comes to holding choke points or letting the enemy pass and flanking instead.

Having better decision making on when to prone, crouch or stand prior to engagements. And taking better, safer routes to get from objective to objective on conquest, not getting caught out in the open as much with no means of fighting back.

Also getting better at guessing and determining where the enemy is or could be hiding on contested objectives based on the direction on which they probably came from.

To consistantly reach over 3.0 k:d without the help of teammate revives is a high goal of mine which I might not achieve but I'll keep trying.
  • DieHarder55
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just to place in the middle of score board more often.

Have to reduce the amount of dying first. :)

Plus figure out best ways to earn points. Players are spread out all over on maps for things like medic or support. So many ignore the ammo box I put next to them and just rush off to somewhere else. Maybe I should just throw ammo packs.
  • KMAsterisk
    223 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just to place in the middle of score board more often.

Have to reduce the amount of dying first. :)

Plus figure out best ways to earn points. Players are spread out all over on maps for things like medic or support. So many ignore the ammo box I put next to them and just rush off to somewhere else. Maybe I should just throw ammo packs.

Packs are useful if you're not in a party/ no voicecoms, but you can place the crate on top of the medic station, it becomes a 2 for 1 (people still shoot them however).