Goodbye BF5, I'm done

Comments

• SneakyGunman
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    OP thanks for sharing
  • GhostsOfWar119
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Okay bye
  • dcs500
    1407 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mikudze wrote: »

The lady from the trailer with a hook for a hand - where is she and how do I unlock her?

Complete the Captain Hook assignment.
  • Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    What happened to levolution? It's gone, where it belongs.
  • suffice_ls
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I miss levolution. It's a casual game and removing levolution made it a lesser game imo.

• lolingbuffalo
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Personally I think the lack of weapon customization is due to and part of the realism of this game. People in WWII didn't run around with foregrips on their rifles or bipods on their combat knives, so the devs expanded where they could by letting you paint them, or have golden versions (gold plated guns exist and are rare)
  • suffice_ls
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited January 3
    Personally I think the lack of weapon customization is due to and part of the realism of this game. People in WWII didn't....

Sorry, historical accuracy was never a thing in this game -- An argument fought and won by social justice.
    The ONLY excuse the devs have for not "expanding" further is: $$$

• lolingbuffalo
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh I know it's not very accurate, I just think that realism is an excuse that they could use lol
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    dcs500 wrote: »

The lady from the trailer with a hook for a hand - where is she and how do I unlock her?

Complete the Captain Hook assignment.

You need to locate the Crocodile tank with the ticking clock inside.

Also I'm not done with BF5, I've just not gotten started yet.
  • suffice_ls
    edited January 3
    Oh I know it's not very accurate, I just think that realism is an excuse that they could use lol

Nope. "Battlefield has never been realistic or authentic" -- That was the bottom-line...or part of the bottom line at least....the other part revolved around apparent misogyny.

Not trying to be that guy...I'm just relaying to you what was established by the true Battlefield fans.
  • ackers75
    2334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fair play op, at least your open and honest about your issues with the game.
    Too many in here have there fanboy blinkers on that much with this series of games that they have lost any type of critical thinking.
  • OldSkoolIce
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This will no doubt "rustle someones jimmies" but please take it for what it is - my opinion.

There is no tracker for BF2, BF2142 and Bad Company 2 but I'd say I've put similar hours in to those as BF3 and 4 ~300h hours each. Even losing a round didn't feel bad as the battles were fun.
    BF1 and BF5 ive put in 28 and 30 hours respectively, it doesn't feel like a Battlefield game anymore to me.

Singleplayer or war stories - I'd trade them all in a heartbeat for a one story like BC2 BF3 BF4 all of which had relatable characters and a story I could get invested in, this new format doesn't hold a candle to them.

Multilplayer - I spent hours unlocking all the weapons in previous games and then spent time with each one to unlock all the attachments which had a real impact on the weapons behaviour and looks - BF1and5 just find one that is somewhat useful and play. Awarded unlocks are meaningless and frustrating - unlocking skin for each part of the gun separately is just busy work and filler content. Also gold skin - why?

The in game currency has the bad taste to it like it was supposed to be a part on micro transaction system. Was looking forward to getting a new clothing items but the grind was just too much.

Vehicles in game - annoying. Just spawn the damn things for people to use and have them the same for everyone for balance purposes!

Planes: planes everywhere! Infantry needs AA, jumping in to the stationary gun is sure way of getting sniped or bombed.

Infantry hard to tell part friend of foe

Weekly unlocks - good idea but in the end was the last straw that has made me quit. 1. Don't show me the previous week rewards if there is no way for me to get them.
    2. The last requirement for this week was "win a grand operation", which turned out to be the impossible objective - I've never had this many loses in a row, I've tried to stick it out with the same team for ages and then resorted to server hopping - to no avail. In the old days after a game teams got mixed up to even out the odds (possible based on skill level etc.)
    (please do let me know that I need to "git gud")

What happened to the Levolution?

Now the good: Game looks great and runs great as usual - for most part.
    V1 bombs are epic, right from the distant roar of the pulse jet engine to massive explosion!
    I quite like the new ammo system
    Weekly challenges and rewards are a good idea
    Smoke grenades are perfect in this instalment

Fingers crossed for the next Battlefield game.

Singleplayer/War Stories in BFV is just bad. Oh, I'll take Bad Company series & BF Hardline single player mode over others anyday. As for online multiplayer in BF5, I've experienced some of things as well. I do agree with you on the infantry part (half of the time I ended up shooting my random teammates by accident). I uninstalled it, decided to take a break & play other games.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 3
    d0lob wrote: »
    So you've made forum account just to say you don't want to play the game? Seems like a gigantic waste of time to me.

So you made a reply to say he is wasting time while that doesn't affect you in any way? Seems like a gigantic waste of time to me.

So you're upset because I'm upset because he's upset? Damn, that's deep.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3321 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Someone got Wrecked and decided to make a Thread complaining about the game.
  • dayglowfroggy
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think scope glint for all 3x or not for all 3x would be better.
    to the op you should have been useing support or assault to be a sniper but anyway you are gone now.
  • G-Gnu
    1399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 3
    Someone got Wrecked and decided to make a Thread complaining about the game.

Maybe, but the game is not good. It just so freaking boring , no modes is even remotely fun.
    Probably because the game is on the way of being a semi fast paced game with kind of stupid decisions on most maps that leaves the game to be without non what so ever team play (mostly anyway) and then try to running for flags and hope for the best while waiting for the lone wolfing "ultra LMG bad guy i think i am best all others must git gud" guy hiding in a bush picking you in the back.
    It gets boring rather fast sadly.
    (Take a big breath and read the sentence i one go...just do it).
  • burno2011
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Hey All, Happy New Year to all. Here's hoping DICE (are allowed by EA) give some time to sorting out all the current issues with BF5 sooner, rather than later. And between some bigger issues and quite a few small ones there are quite a few in fairness.

There is some anger here and in other forums re this game, since before and after launch. The anger is nearly all coming from a good place though. Its like a young kid seeing something really cool and tugging at a distracted parent trying to get them to look in time before whatever it is is out of view. If the parent misses it, the child is left frustrated and annoyed that they were not listened to. What I am saying is that this anger and annoyance is coming about because we are not being listened to. We don't feel like our view or opinions matter enough to the parents of this really cool game. We are all here because we care enough about this game to try point out things that will hopefully make a good game, absolutely amazing. It has all the foundation work done, but the final shiny coat is currently missing. Its like giving a kid the best Christmas present ever, but then not having the batteries to get it working on Christmas morning. The child still gets to play with it as best they can, but it still can't do exactly what it did on the ads on TV or ion the box. The digital sound effects, or auto moving limb isn't there. Its still a cool toy and you can play with it, but the bells and whistles that attracted that child in the first place aren't there yet. Let face it we are that kid, in a good way, we have still held on to that childish joy in playing and enjoying games and that is where our frustration comes from.

As that distracted by business and finances parent. DICE and EA need to start being an attentive parent, or else their kids will stop trying.
  • l4chy
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    d0lob wrote: »
    So you've made forum account just to say you don't want to play the game? Seems like a gigantic waste of time to me.

So you made a reply to say he is wasting time while that doesn't affect you in any way? Seems like a gigantic waste of time to me.

So you're upset because I'm upset because he's upset? Damn, that's deep.

I think you miss the point, that we're all laughing at how upset you are with the OPs reasonable post. LOL. Is there a rage for no reason medal avaible?
  • Maldraxis
    50 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can criticise the OP all you like, but if you truly are happy with never getting company coin/animations bugging out/ V2s bugs/ hitreg / Insta death due to packets etc, etc, etc. Then come buy my new game, it's not finished either but I will gladly take your money.