Weekly BF

Bringing back Multi Class Weapons or Diversify the Weapons

dububeji
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
**This is just my personal opinion, so don’t think I’m too demanding. I’m not saying it should absolutely happen**

I think Dice should bring back diversed weapons for Classes.

Assault classes resemble grenadiers a lot, and they get in really close to their opponents. They should have the option of using Sub-Machine guns because it is well suited for their class. I personally think that Carbines, Assault Rifles, Semi-Auto Rifles, Bolt-Action Rifles (no sniper tho), and Sub-Machine guns should be their options.

As for Medics, they should have Semi-Auto Rifles, Carbines, and Bolt-Action Rifles (no sniper too). This is more useful for self defense or clearing enemies from a downed mate. They shouldn’t have SMGs to mow down targets, it’s not their focus.

Support Class, I think it should also have options of Carbines and Semi-Auto Rifles. It doesn’t need to be full on LMG Support. It can be other Small Arms Support while focusing on supply, building, or mortar fire.

Snipers are good as they are. Just need more variety of Sniper Rifles or have Semi-Auto Rifles with Sniper scopes to do a Sniper and Spotter Combo with other players. Or just by being a Marksman and not an actual Long-Ranged Sniper.

What are your thoughts? Should they have diversified it? Would it become unbalanced? If so, what ways could it be balanced?

Comments

• ninjapenquinuk
    1925 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have no problems with diversifying weapons BUT gadgets should be limited to certain weapon choices.
  • Maldraxis
    50 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ^ ^ ^
    Why can't we have already existing working features they perfected years ago in game indeed pingu.
    Give the medic a gun like the L85a1, so sick of having to pick up assault class guns when I shouldn't have to.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    pingu_x_uk wrote: »
    This is taken from the BF2 wiki

Classes
    The game features seven different classes, similar to previous installments, that have their own unique roles on the battlefield.

Assault - Primary role is to engage in combat with enemies at medium range.
    Medic - Primary role is to revive and heal teammates
    Anti-Tank - Primary role is to undertake anti-tank warfare
    Engineer - Primary role is to repair or destroy vehicles
    Support - Primary role is to provide suppressive fire against enemies and resupply teammates
    Special Forces - Primary role is carry out stealth and sabotage missions
    Sniper - Primary role is to engage targets at long distances.

Why can we not have the 7 classes back and the 6 man squads with working voip ?
    Wouldn't 6 man squad mean one squad would only have two players?
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1925 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DCSTomcat wrote: »
    pingu_x_uk wrote: »
    This is taken from the BF2 wiki

Classes
    The game features seven different classes, similar to previous installments, that have their own unique roles on the battlefield.

Assault - Primary role is to engage in combat with enemies at medium range.
    Medic - Primary role is to revive and heal teammates
    Anti-Tank - Primary role is to undertake anti-tank warfare
    Engineer - Primary role is to repair or destroy vehicles
    Support - Primary role is to provide suppressive fire against enemies and resupply teammates
    Special Forces - Primary role is carry out stealth and sabotage missions
    Sniper - Primary role is to engage targets at long distances.

Why can we not have the 7 classes back and the 6 man squads with working voip ?
    Wouldn't 6 man squad mean one squad would only have two players?

that whole point/argument goes out of the window as soon as someone locks a squad with less players
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 3
    Rediversify combat roles instead. Class changes have been minor ones over the years, dragging behind other areas. Archetype system (combat roles) sounded to be fresh way of thinking how classes would have been played, sadly it got scrapped.
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Rediversify combat roles instead. Class changes have been minor ones over the years, dragging behind other areas. Archetype system (combat roles) sounded to be fresh way of thinking how classes would have been played, sadly it got scrapped.

Yeah, I was excited for the subclasses but its like they just gave up on them.
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    l_water_l wrote: »

Yeah, I was excited for the subclasses but its like they just gave up on them.

I believe that time and ideas ran out with classes when new mechanics draw the attention. Ignored potential area to change the general gameplay. Vehicle kits have been major innovation in years, other than that safe choices has been common theme in developement of them. Sigh maybe next time.