How do you want to better yourself as a player?

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    6947 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Oh I would love to get myself into the top 10 for KD in a round, but that would require something like a 40-10 or better on most days. My KD is almost always measure in decimals. To get my numbers up there would require an entire paradigm shift. I would have to ignore objectives and play solely for the purpose of kills. I just can't do that. I have put myself in the top 10 for points because I had the best squad and tallied the most points by PTO. My squad that round put up over 80K squad points. We almost got 2 rockets. I personally went something like 3-19. I like to win so I PTO. This means that my deaths will almost always be higher because I am focused on flag not enemy players and therefore I get blindsided a lot. A lot. 90% of my deaths are less than 20m and a great many are me getting shot in the back.
    I may just take an entire day for a play session where I blow off the PTO and see what I can get done.

Work on doing both.

The best players both PTFO and get high KDRs. The two go hand-in-hand. If you're good at killing, then taking or defending the objective is easier for you and your team. If you die less then you have more time to fight for or defend the objective. Afterall, whenever you're dead, you're not PTFO.

Exactly. Alot of the times if you kill alot people claim you kill farm and don't PTO. The two definitely go hand in hand. If you kill you help soften up objectives for your team.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Play intoxicated less. It doesn't help my aim much.

Heh its rare that i ever game sober.

I live in Colorado, so...

But I'd like to work towards being top 5 throwing knife usage/kills globally
  • ackers75
    2477 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Try enjoy the game for what it is......
    In regards to conquest its just a pick up and go large tdm game!
  • trip1ex
    4955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 3
    Oh I would love to get myself into the top 10 for KD in a round, but that would require something like a 40-10 or better on most days. My KD is almost always measure in decimals. To get my numbers up there would require an entire paradigm shift. I would have to ignore objectives and play solely for the purpose of kills. I just can't do that. I have put myself in the top 10 for points because I had the best squad and tallied the most points by PTO. My squad that round put up over 80K squad points. We almost got 2 rockets. I personally went something like 3-19. I like to win so I PTO. This means that my deaths will almost always be higher because I am focused on flag not enemy players and therefore I get blindsided a lot. A lot. 90% of my deaths are less than 20m and a great many are me getting shot in the back.
    I may just take an entire day for a play session where I blow off the PTO and see what I can get done.

Work on doing both.

The best players both PTFO and get high KDRs. The two go hand-in-hand. If you're good at killing, then taking or defending the objective is easier for you and your team. If you die less then you have more time to fight for or defend the objective. Afterall, whenever you're dead, you're not PTFO.

Exactly. Alot of the times if you kill alot people claim you kill farm and don't PTO. The two definitely go hand in hand. If you kill you help soften up objectives for your team.

I think that has become a convenient excuse for farming.

On our BF4 Oblit server I'd kick players that never seemed to pick up the bomb and just seemed to farm. They were always behind the guys taking the arrows who were trying to make things happen.

A few would complain by saying I don't want to suicide. And I said you don't have to. But if everyone plays your style all the time like you do then the game is just TDM camping and the bomb never moves because no one wants to take a risk and die.

There's a fine line between farming and playing for the team objectives.

If a guy is constantly not trying to do anything for the team after kill or two then he's likely just a farmer.

also in conquest I bet most players consider capping flag after flag endlessly to be PTFO where in my book it isn't. IT's just hamster on a wheel gameplay.

• ashar_saleem121
    1236 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Stats wise I want them to be better than BF1. I've already achieved that with respect to KD at 2.47 versus 2.42. I want to get it up to 3.0 by the end if I could. KPM is at 1.00 right now. I'd like to get that to around 1.4 if possible.

Gameplay wise, I want to be able to play aggressive recon with bolt actions like I could in BF1.

More generally, I want my most used guns to be skill cannons that not too many people use because theyre too difficult and I want to own people with them.

In BF1, my 1st and 5th most used guns were the 8.35 Marksman with 62 stars and Selbstlader 1906 Sniper variant with 28 stars. I loved using the Carcano, RSC SMG optical, 1900 Slug, Chauchat Telescopic.

Currently my most used in BFV is the Turner SMLE and most used class is Assault which Im not happy about. But using any other class is too much of a handicap in this game because of the terrible class balancing. Not really much room for using skill cannons. At least it's better than using the StG or G43.
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »

Work on doing both.

On our BF4 Oblit server I'd kick players that never seemed to pick up the bomb and just seemed to farm. They were always behind the guys taking the arrows who were trying to make things happen.

A few would complain by saying I don't want to suicide. And I said you don't have to. But if everyone plays your style all the time like you do then the game is just TDM camping and the bomb never moves because no one wants to take a risk and die.

If a guy is constantly not trying to do anything for the team after kill or two then he's likely just a farmer.

also in conquest I bet most players consider capping flag after flag endlessly to be PTFO where in my book it isn't. IT's just hamster on a wheel gameplay.

Yep. My biggest game in bfv so far that I mentioned was when we noticed nobody carrying the bomb. I grabbed it and took out 2 objectives myself in the round. Big points but not a lot of killing going on when you are doing your best to actively avoid enemy engagement
  • 9IronKiller
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I play main Medic and my main goal is to try and finish in the top 10 of my team as I know I have revived and healed well. My K/D I try to ignore as if I go on a hunting spree it generally means leaving my squad without their medic.
    I feel I don’t need to kill more but be cleverer with staying alive. Even with smoke I sometimes rush to a revive without checking the surroundings :/
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    H
    Stats wise I want them to be better than BF1. I've already achieved that with respect to KD at 2.47 versus 2.42. I want to get it up to 3.0 by the end if I could. KPM is at 1.00 right now. I'd like to get that to around 1.4 if possible.

Gameplay wise, I want to be able to play aggressive recon with bolt actions like I could in BF1.

More generally, I want my most used guns to be skill cannons that not too many people use because theyre too difficult and I want to own people with them.

In BF1, my 1st and 5th most used guns were the 8.35 Marksman with 62 stars and Selbstlader 1906 Sniper variant with 28 stars. I loved using the Carcano, RSC SMG optical, 1900 Slug, Chauchat Telescopic.

Currently my most used in BFV is the Turner SMLE and most used class is Assault which Im not happy about. But using any other class is too much of a handicap in this game because of the terrible class balancing. Not really much room for using skill cannons. At least it's better than using the StG or G43.

Well done.

I really miss the skill cannons. Weapons where more unique in BF1 and rewarded aim. BFV is to much BF4, spray and prey style
  • ashar_saleem121
    1236 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    H

Well done.

I really miss the skill cannons. Weapons where more unique in BF1 and rewarded aim. BFV is to much BF4, spray and prey style

Thank you. I feel the same. People didn't like random bullet deviation but it did add another element of uniqueness for each weapon so we weren't just differentiating based on RoF and raw damage output. Plus it added to the range variance for the classes
  • g0merpile
    686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My personal goal is to play the game without getting frustrated at Blueberries as much. Just try to have fun.

yep that is the key there, stick with the group.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6947 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Work on doing both.

An interesting phrase.
    'Kill farming' --I see this phrase being thrown around the forums more and more these days. I don’t understand why the term exists lol. First, it seems to imply that killing in a first person shooter is undesirable, or doing too much of it should be frowned upon. If thats the reason for the birth of this term, then I think its a stupid phrase.

Why were we all attracted to first person shooters to begin with? The shooting part. The shooter genre was essentially tdm, was it not? TDM got boring and the genre evolved into these gamemodes like conquest with elaborate objectives and flags and bombs.

But it remains a first person shooter.

Personally, I have no idea what my win% is and I could care less. I don't know if I've capped more flags or defended more. I'm sure others play the same way, kill and in the process of doing so you clear a flag and cap it. But I don't go into a flag area thinking I want this flag to be my teams now. No, I go in to kill everybody and then claim the flag. My point is the main attraction for me (And I'm sure thousands of others) is the shooting part, shoot first, cap later.

The other thing with 'Kill farming' I don't want to offend anyone when I say this but the phrase seems to imply that killing a lot or killing in bulk is somehow easy. If anything, a player being labeled with such a phrase should be proud of the label, I'd take it as a compliment. But I see the phrase being thrown around as though its an insult lol.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kill farming implies avoiding risk. Taking advantage of the work of others. Not contributing in an equal manner.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 3

Work on doing both.

I push objectives. I defend objectives too. I don't always sit on the flag the entire time until it's captured though when I've got enough other teammates nearby who are content with just standing there and capturing it. As a result, I go around and get a lot of kills around and on the objectives while not necessarily capturing a lot myself. Of course if there's no one else nearby or my team isn't trying to capture the objective, I'll do it myself. I wouldn't call that kill farming. I'm just more useful when I'm off slaying a bunch of enemy players or pushing the next objective than standing around on an objective that already has more than enough teammates capturing it. That's how I've always played. I don't really care about the points from the capture.

I don't really play game modes with bomb objectives, so that doesn't really apply to me.

My original point still stands though. The best players PTFO and have high KDRs.
  • BaronVonGoon
    edited January 4

Work on doing both.

I push objectives. I defend objectives too. I don't always sit on the flag the entire time until it's captured though when I've got enough other teammates nearby who are content with just standing there and capturing it. As a result, I go around and get a lot of kills around and on the objectives while not necessarily capturing a lot myself. .

Exactly how I operate too. Some people want the XP capture points. Others don't care for the points, the objective clearing is what matters.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I personally want to reach 3KD/1.7KPM as a milestone when I'm done with the game. I'm closer to my goal :D

but I'm trying to break habits that aren't shown in the stats that will help me improve overall. Like things I do in the heat of battle, assessing the battlefield more efficiently and not overreacting when I don't have to.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Getting killed makes me angry as well, to the point that I blindly rush to places frustratingly, hoping to get kills. This in turn gets me killed even more. Lol.

You should try to remember that You just started playing BF5. You can't expect to be caught up to speed to bf1. BF1 likely for many here have been playing off and on for two years.

I started this game. 2.28 KD. I got as low as 1.7 KD. Now, its 2.72.
  • Pelliy
    H

Well done.

Usually when people bring up skill in BF1, It's really only one class that has it. That's the medic class. Everything else in that game was brain-dead. The SLRs offer the 'skill cannon' guns people were looking for.
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    H

Well done.

Usually when people bring up skill in BF1, It's really only one class that has it. That's the medic class. Everything else in that game was brain-dead. The SLRs offer the 'skill cannon' guns people were looking for.

RSC, Model 8 .35, Selbstlader 1906, RSC SMG, 1900 Slug & Chauchat where the skill cannons in my opinion.

Work on doing both.

I push objectives. I defend objectives too. I don't always sit on the flag the entire time until it's captured though when I've got enough other teammates nearby who are content with just standing there and capturing it. As a result, I go around and get a lot of kills around and on the objectives while not necessarily capturing a lot myself. Of course if there's no one else nearby or my team isn't trying to capture the objective, I'll do it myself. I wouldn't call that kill farming. I'm just more useful when I'm off slaying a bunch of enemy players or pushing the next objective than standing around on an objective that already has more than enough teammates capturing it. That's how I've always played. I don't really care about the points from the capture.

I don't really play game modes with bomb objectives, so that doesn't really apply to me.

My original point still stands though. The best players PTFO and have high KDRs.

Thats how I play to, it’s the best way to be effective and win.
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    to reach 69kd, 4.20kpm and 1337spm
  • jts530
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I want to kill guys at a higher rate, my kill per minute is only 0.9. And I wants higher SPM as that is very low sitting somewhere in the 270-290 range. Slowly I'm getting better though