Is 60FPS the best I can do?

Tha_Growler
40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
My rig was running 200FPS in Ultra on BF4. Now as I run BFV it constantly runs at 60FPS regardless of Ultra, High, etc. Is there something within BFV that is limiting my FPS?

To note- the game plays fine at 60 FPS. I just wanted to know.

Comments

• killinemFA5
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Posting your computers specs would be helpful
  • TheKiTler
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 was realeased in 2013 maybe its time for you to get and upgrade":)
    and ya u should post the Pc Cfg
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do you have sync locked in settings?
  • CoreNull
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2
    I had the same and it took me a while to find it, the max fps was set to 200 as I have a 144Hz monitor but in the resolution settings it was capped to 60Hz. I set it to 2560x1440 at 144Hz and now I'm running at around 100fps on Ultra.

RTX 2080
    16GB RAM (cant remember the speed on 'em)
    Game on SSD

I hope this helps. It's kinda stupid having a cap on the resolution settings AND a dedicated setting for the max FPS.
  • Tha_Growler
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CoreNull wrote: »
    I had the same and it took me a while to find it, the max fps was set to 200 as I have a 144Hz monitor but in the resolution settings it was capped to 60Hz. I set it to 2560x1440 at 144Hz and now I'm running at around 100fps on Ultra.

RTX 2080
    Game on SSD

I hope this helps. It's kinda stupid having a cap on the resolution settings AND a dedicated setting for the max FPS.

This sounds like my problem.

I don't think my problem is an old computer. I just built it.

CPU- Ryzen 7 2700X
    Motherboard- MSI X370 Gaming Plus
    Memory - 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
    GPU- GTX 1070ti
    Game on Samsung 850 EVO SSD

As I said, it is running 200+ FPS in BF4. It runs BFV fine, but only at 60 FPS. It runs smoother than BF4 at 200 FPS. I don't really care to change it. I would just like to know why.
  • Huntinwabits
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vsynch on in game or nvidia control panel?? also game is screwed needs a patch.
  • Tha_Growler
    My issue was the same as CoreNull . The video resolution locked the max FPS to 60 fps. Thanks for your help folks.
  • BACKYARDBULLY38
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My rig was running 200FPS in Ultra on BF4. Now as I run BFV it constantly runs at 60FPS regardless of Ultra, High, etc. Is there something within BFV that is limiting my FPS?

To note- the game plays fine at 60 FPS. I just wanted to know.

Are you a Windows insider member? If so check in your GPU settings and see what your monitors FPS is set to. There is a bug in the insider updates that resets your FPS setting. happens to me all the time
  • Tha_Growler
    Unfortunately my issue is simple. I have an older monitor that has a max of 60Hz.
  • D5RAT
    2002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Unfortunately my issue is simple. I have an older monitor that has a max of 60Hz.

you can still change the fps in game settings regardless of monitor or in the console using a command something like "GameTime.MaxVariableFps 200"
  • Tha_Growler
    Thanks, D5RAT, but I think I will leave it as is for now. The game plays buttery smooth. I just wanted to know if it was something with the game or my machine. Now I understand. Thanks again!
  • REPERCUSSIONS
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CoreNull wrote: »

RTX 2080
    Game on SSD

This sounds like my problem.

I don't think my problem is an old computer. I just built it.

CPU- Ryzen 7 2700X
    Motherboard- MSI X370 Gaming Plus
    Memory - 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
    GPU- GTX 1070ti
    Game on Samsung 850 EVO SSD

As I said, it is running 200+ FPS in BF4. It runs BFV fine, but only at 60 FPS. It runs smoother than BF4 at 200 FPS. I don't really care to change it. I would just like to know why.

the newest equipment doesn't always translate to best performance.... this game and others was being built on last gen or further equipment. tech changes 100 percent every 18 months, takes them long to make the game.