Battlefield 5 unstable CPU usage

S3NS3J
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Hi.

I have a lot FPS drops while playing, I have from 30 to 120 FPS, 70-80 average, with lots of stuttering.

PC:
I5 2500k - Stock(I know, it's bottlenecking)
8GB Ram
gtx 970 msi

I'm playing on Full HD with all low settings.
Xbox DVR in Win 10 is disabled.
GPU drivers 417.22

Here you have screenshots from msi afterburner.
CPU is reaching 100% in BFV only in menu. I don't have problem like that in BF1(I'm playing with the same settings, and on 32 players server), I have stable 60-80FPS with no big fps drops.

https://imgur.com/a/PECaBH7

Anyone had problem like that? Maybe I should use different user.cfg
My current user.cfg in BFV

PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1
PostProcess.DofMethod 0
PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0
PostProcess.DynamicAOMethod 0
Render.VSyncFlashTestEnable 0
WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 1
WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0
WorldRender.PlanarReflectionEnable 0
WorldRender.EmitterSunTransmittanceMapEnable 0
WorldRender.EmitterSunTransmittanceMapResolution 0
WorldRender.FilmicEffectsEnable 0
RenderDevice.VSyncEnable 0
RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2
RenderDevice.StereoConvergenceScale 0
RenderDevice.StereoSeparationScale 0
RenderDevice.StereoSoldierZoomConvergenceScale 0

Comments

• YourLocalPlumber
    2623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You're CPU bottlenecked.
  • Sk1lld
    514 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The recommended CPU is a i7 4790. You may have issues with this game.
  • g0merpile
    495 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 3
    Upgrade your system. It fails
    Here are the Battlefield 5 System Requirements (Minimum)

CPU: Core i5 6600K / AMD FX-8350.
    VIDEO CARD: DirectX 11.0 Compatible video card with 2 GB VRAM (AMD Radeon HD 7850 / nVidia GeForce GTX 660)
    FREE DISK SPACE: 50 GB.
    Second gen cpu does not cut the mustard.
  • g0merpile
    495 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sk1lld wrote: »

Processor (AMD): AMD FX-6350
    Processor (Intel): Core i5 6600K
    Memory: 8GB RAM
    Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 2GB
    Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce® GTX 660 2GB
    DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
    Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
    Hard-drive space: 50GB
    4th gen dont cut it but will work.
  • ShltPlaYer
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Your cpu is a bottleneck but still there are so many people with high end systems including me that has this high cpu usage and cram drops and stutter it’s all of the forums and this also happend in bf1 but not as bad as this game. I don’t know why Dice hasn’t attempted to try and fix the issue with all the threads on this forum about it I mean this should be top priority. I have great frame running this game as I run 1440p mostly ultra at 165hrz but still the cpu usage is just crazy sometimes it’s 45 sometimes it’s 100% and on the frametime graph when the cpu spikes that when the stutter happens but did seem to improve for me some when I switched to dx12 ffr off.
  • g0merpile
  • Sk1lld
    514 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Processor (AMD): AMD Ryzen 3 1300X
    Processor (Intel): Intel Core i7 4790 or equivalent
    Memory: 12GB RAM
    Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB
    Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ RX 580 8GB
    DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
    Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
    Available Disk Space: 50GB
    I have the i7 4790k and have no issues with the game. I do have another i7 7700 system I'm building "Have all parts but DDR4" Hoping for a price drop.
  • ShltPlaYer
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Amazing how most people playing 1080p or 1440p at 60fps don’t have issues but all the ones playing 1440p at 144 to 165hrz including myself have these high cpu usage and cpu spikes. Or could it be that most people are to proud to admit that they are haveing problems and lie about it or they simply just don’t know what they are looking for or what the problem looks like. I have a feeling the 60fps players can’t see a small stutter like you can playing at 144 to 165hrz and keeping those frames.
  • TFBisquit
    1187 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Higher fps means higher cpu usage. I have this with sp games with vsync on. At 60 fps (60Hz monitor) I have low cpu usage in most modern games.
    Until I disable vsync, then cpu goes up.
    As for the 2500k, almost the same beast as a 2600k, but sadly now lacking the extra threads. My fps never drop below 85 and hoovers around 110 most of the time. 2600k at 4,5Ghz. Op, your 2500k needs roughly 1.300vcore for that speed. It will certainly help.
    As for high and low graphics, that depends on the videocard, but low @1080p usually throws the workload at cpu, thus showing the shortcomings.
    I do roughly 140fps on low settings 1080p, but sandy cpu is getting old, and jumps up and down alot also. Therefor, around 100 fps is better.
    Anyways, game needs 6 threads, or cores to run smoothly.
    ps. the ocassional hiccup that happens during a round is a server issue. You can lag and maintain fps, or have a short fps drop and lag. As long as this happens just once or twice during a round of 30 minutes, and lasts less than a second, it's most likely the server struggling.
  • ShltPlaYer
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    Higher fps means higher cpu usage. I have this with sp games with vsync on. At 60 fps (60Hz monitor) I have low cpu usage in most modern games.
    Until I disable vsync, then cpu goes up.
    As for the 2500k, almost the same beast as a 2600k, but sadly now lacking the extra threads. My fps never drop below 85 and hoovers around 110 most of the time. 2600k at 4,5Ghz. Op, your 2500k needs roughly 1.300vcore for that speed. It will certainly help.
    As for high and low graphics, that depends on the videocard, but low @1080p usually throws the workload at cpu, thus showing the shortcomings.
    I do roughly 140fps on low settings 1080p, but sandy cpu is getting old, and jumps up and down alot also. Therefor, around 100 fps is better.
    Anyways, game needs 6 threads, or cores to run smoothly.
    ps. the ocassional hiccup that happens during a round is a server issue. You can lag and maintain fps, or have a short fps drop and lag. As long as this happens just once or twice during a round of 30 minutes, and lasts less than a second, it's most likely the server struggling.

I agree somewhat that these stutters could be a server issue idk why the frametime graph always spikes the cpu when it happens. My gpu line in the graph never spikes and I can go to a empty or not full server and never see a stutter. I definitely have enough hardware at 8086k @5.2ghz and a 2080ti and 32gb 4000mhz ram.

• REPERCUSSIONS
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

well if that was the case my first gen 930 should never be able to play this game.... But in fact it does quite well. this game is not optimized at all. I tend to get better results then some of the latest and greatest equipment. My biggest complaint is no sli support.... Yeah I can run 4k but i have to keep the settings on low taa high... I want my 4k 100 fps all ultra in sli I know I should get. And before you say anything nothing in my pc runs at stock settings and is liquid cooled ofcourse. And a 970 is not hitting 120 fps even on low. my 980ti doesn't even like to run on low. I need to push the one I can use just to make her happy. Old does not mean unplayable.... My 3d mark scores prove that.
  • Sk1lld
    @REPERCUSSIONS The 930 has multithread support unlike the i5 2500 OP has "Apples and oranges". As for the rest of your rant. "Off topic".
  • REPERCUSSIONS
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @REPERCUSSIONS The 930 has multithread support unlike the i5 2500 OP has "Apples and oranges". As for the rest of your rant. "Off topic".
    I know this but thanks for the cpu tutorial. Sorry forum gatekeeper didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch....Apparently your one with new equipment that's got you perplexed as well.
  • Sk1lld
    I know this but thanks for the cpu tutorial. Sorry forum gatekeeper didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch....Apparently your one with new equipment that's got you perplexed as well.

Been building my computers since Myst, 3 children, 3 grand children and one great grand child. I think you are the one confused. At least your rant makes it look like a pbkac issue.

Your the one that quoted me remember? And you still haven't helped the OP in any way?
  • REPERCUSSIONS
    And? I can't help people if they don't understand what their dealing with.... Never confused. lets stop here.... the game is not what any of us were sold. Were not keyboard enemies, just gamer's. I think he could make it run better if he dabbled in his bios is all i was referring too. old does not mean outdated.
  • S3NS3J
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So i fixed the issue by installing the game on SSD. Now i have stable 70+ FPS even if my PC doesn't meet the requirements.

And as @REPERCUSSIONS said, if some PC doesn't meet the requirements, doesn't mean it can't run the game with decent framerate. As you can see i5 2500k and I still have over 60 FPS.
  • mendez84
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    another old cpu and only 8gb ram trying to play this game , why people don't check game requirements before anything ? FAIL
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mendez84 wrote: »
    another old cpu and only 8gb ram trying to play this game , why people don't check game requirements before anything ? FAIL

because dice make up the requirements and there's always overhead. having the minimum requirement higher than the recommended just shows how much you should take it seriously.