How to be Happy playing Battlefield V

xHonest_Abe
88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
After many years on the battlefield, I would say the game has kept me off the streets and out of trouble. Since it is a game of make believe, If you fail, you wait for a few minutes and try a new approach (unlike real life that might cost you everything).

* Forget about K/D and stats- Old players know it takes long hours to get half way good. Worrying about stats will make your life miserable when playing. :'(
* Talk on the mic. You might be surprise some one will answer you. Some of the best games I had through the years was on a squad that talked. We sometimes had terrible scores at the end, but it was fun.
* Find the hiding places in the game. Most of the best hiding places I have found were by accident over a long period of time, it is built in the game.
* If you think this game is instant gratification B) because you paid money for it, it is not. It grows on you over time to be fun, by trying new things during game play.

Any more suggestions out there?

Comments

• g0merpile
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 1
    Wikstone wrote: »
    1. I try to keep my kd higher than 2.0
    2. I dont talk to random dudes, no platoons in bfv
    3. Im not camper, im where the fight is
    4. Agree, game is boring.

After over 200 hours in 5 i'm bored. over 2700 in bf4 not bored. bf 42 has to be over 10 hours, still not bored.
  • Jezzzeh
    711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Play your role in the game. If your support be the best one on the team. Same for medic, revive and heal the bejeesus out of everyone. If your recon get your spots going and most importantly the spawn beacon so your squad and other recons can open up flanking routes.

That's the stuff that make me happy anyway.
  • xHonest_Abe
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 1
    g0merpile wrote: »

After over 200 hours in 5 i'm bored. over 2700 in bf4 not bored. bf 42 has to be over 10 hours, still not bored.

I agree that Battlefield 4 had a clear advantage because player clans could own and control the maps on their servers back then, and belonging to a platoon. It was easier for players to bond together by playing only the maps they like. Remember the Locker or Subway.....nice <3 . I think we might have a couple on BFV if we had a server playing only two maps 24/7...Oh yeah...it would be hard to get on.
    Post edited by xHonest_Abe on
  • Kajjal
    822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When the following happens just ignore it :)

No one revives you even when 1m away in cover.
    Six of your team look at enemy but don’t shoot them and then they kill you instantly.
    Your own team opens fire and grenades you just as you are out flanking the enemy giving you away.
    None of your squad spawns on you when you have got into a great position.
    Get blocked in doorway or blocked in line of fire.

Best to just find a good squad and don’t leave it ;)
  • REPERCUSSIONS
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    make a new 2142.... that was the best one imo.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Chakixx wrote: »
    Uninstalling the game made me very happy! Never touch that garbage again.

And yet here you still are.
  • kondorasGR
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Game is boring,the last few days 9/10 games are one sided...so add to this all the problems(bugs,netcode,visibilty,animations,sound...) the game its a joy to play
  • PvtJohnTowle
    871 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Game is boring but is a joy to play ? Bit of an oxymoron there.
  • Jezzzeh
    711 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sarcasm methinks.
  • xHonest_Abe
    make a new 2142.... that was the best one imo.

I spent many hours on that game, every one wanted to be the commander to launch the strikes on the ground. Remember as commander you could say to the troops, "my grandmother can do better than you", :D lol. And it was intense the last few minutes when the game was to end. I was hoping that the Star Wars one or the other one which I called " Titan Failed" (did not live up to 2142) would be the updated version, but it was not. There were only a few maps in 2142, but that's what it made it so good. They make too many maps on Battlefield, they need to add on and upgrade to the popular maps, and spend less time making new ones.
  • BulletOverdose
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    game is so buggy its frikkin irritates the hell out off me.
    i need the normal amount of hits to kill and i die of 1 or max 2 hits every times from every weapon, enemy sprints into my bullets look up and bam dead i get 1 framekilled 100 times a day.
    still cant hear enemy footsteps or enemy tanks but i can hear everything our team does.

times to fix this crapgame dice

after the big first patch the game run realy great and now they turned it back its even worst then when the game came out.

Asus Gtx 1080 strix

Intel Core i7 6700K / 4,00GHz CPU-SKYLAKE-2

ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000MHz DDR4-MEM-4
    Voeding

850W Corsair RM850i

Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB (SSD)

Monitor
    Asus rog swift 27 inc 1440p
  • S1n31ra
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Sounds like exactly the player everyone else hates. A KDR player not really playing the objective or helping the team.
  • xHonest_Abe
    I have built 4 gaming PC's over the years (both AMD and Intel) and it can be fun. As long as the end result has no choppy frames, throwing a lot of money into building a PC will not improve your score much. The best scores I've had was following a good squad that sticks together and playing a game that is on a some what balanced server. If the server is not balanced ( example, end game 400/0), move on to a better server. Some players are sad because they don't have the money for the best graphics card or CPU. Spend a lot of money on that, and then you will discover that your score had not improved one bit. Now that is sad. :#
  • DocCuda418
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile wrote: »

I agree that Battlefield 4 had a clear advantage because player clans could own and control the maps on their servers back then, and belonging to a platoon. It was easier for players to bond together by playing only the maps they like. Remember the Locker or Subway.....nice <3 . I think we might have a couple on BFV if we had a server playing only two maps 24/7...Oh yeah...it would be hard to get on.

24/7 map servers with an admin booting cheaters would bring everyone back IMO.
  • LLegaa
    12 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Try to play with friends
  • Wikstone
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    S1n31ra wrote: »

Sounds like exactly the player everyone else hates. A KDR player not really playing the objective or helping the team.

3. Im not camper, im where the fight is. This sounds like defending or capturing flag, doesnt it?
  • ZyGViking2121
    660 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 9
    I use to be angry when I played competitively, but now I just like whatever, tho BF4 did get under my skin a lot of the times, the other game where I can experience a WTF moment like every few min like dying around corners to the screwed up knifing to getting 1 taped by guns that are not normally able to kill in 1 shot. Tho most of that was fixed, but it was to late, I moved on lol

Now if I die I accept the fact I got killed by a better skilled player, I don't have the time to practice, tho the Medic class sometimes irritates me especially when my buddy is playing a bit competitive and I try to keep him up and getting killed by a sniper that gets 2 shots on me at 20m away only after I unloaded what feels like 10 bullets into him, Yay suppression and weak medic guns!!
  • xHonest_Abe
    Yay suppression and weak medic guns!!

Yes, I agree on that... :p They should at least give you a shotgun as a medic. For a long time I would run out and revived every buddy that is down, and the enemy would wait until the buddy is revived and kill both of us. Now, if I don't see where the enemy player is hiding who made the kill, I don't revive that buddy. You find a lot of the stress as medic does go away by doing this. A lot of players think that all of their actions while playing are watched and remembered by many players, not true. I can't recall the name of any player I played with 2 games ago :D .
    There are player groups out there that play for fun B) and not have to be competitive. They won't kick you if your score is not the best after a few rounds. But they like to talk a lot during the game. Nice.....