Weekly Debrief

Can Dice please make the Assault Dmr's and Shotguns All Kit guns?

MettMoxxi
272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I really don't know why they scrapped the "All Kit weapons"-idea. It was really nice to have this extra bit of freedom for your class choice so why scrap it. Now we have classes which are only usable for a certain range because they only have access to a very limiting weapon type (like the smg's or the bolt action rifles).

Comments

• Diabolus_Musica
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nah that's a bad idea.
  • Caramac_D
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I believe there was a mode on BF1 for a while where all classes other than recon could use bolt action rifles but with iron sights only. I liked it.
  • Ragnarok-Drakkar
    176 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Right, whats next? Taking support and medic with dmr and camp on hill and shoot acros whole map 24/7?
  • MettMoxxi
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Right, whats next? Taking support and medic with dmr and camp on hill and shoot acros whole map 24/7?

>implying that the support doesn't already have the right guns for hardcore hillhumping

It would simply give medics and recons more possibilites in the field. Right now most of the medics are sitting in buildings
  • XxCHAOS315xX
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They dont need more possibilities. They're good at their respective jobs.
  • MettMoxxi

If you are really thinking that then I might suggest taking a look on the BFv boards here and maybe on the BfV subreddit aswell. Medic is trash with its Smg's and the Recon is lackluster at best
  • Supawaffleman
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Caramac_D wrote: »
    I believe there was a mode on BF1 for a while where all classes other than recon could use bolt action rifles but with iron sights only. I liked it.

Back to basics 😍

That more was the best! The biggest mistake they made with BF1 was scrapping that mode.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

If you are really thinking that then I might suggest taking a look on the BFv boards here and maybe on the BfV subreddit aswell. Medic is trash with its Smg's and the Recon is lackluster at best

medic isn't trash but clearly lots of medic mains are without the BF3/4/1 godmode version.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really don't know why they scrapped the "All Kit weapons"-idea. It was really nice to have this extra bit of freedom for your class choice so why scrap it. Now we have classes which are only usable for a certain range because they only have access to a very limiting weapon type (like the smg's or the bolt action rifles).

Presumably they moved away from that because it made separate classes almost pointless, and especially because it encouraged the old Assault class players to ignore their role of reviving and healing teammates and just use their ARs (with grenade launchers) as if they had no medical function at all. All-class weapons were a bad idea, I'm glad DICE is emphasizing class roles more in this game. BTW, Recons can play effectively at any range, those semi-auto Recon guns are double-tap kills that work just fine, even I can do well with them and I'm a craptacular sniper.
  • XxCHAOS315xX
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Medic is far from trash. I haven't used the class a ton but when I did, I got a lot of points reviving teammates. Your first job as medic is to keep your team alive. The smg's are also far from trash.
    Recon/sniper however is a crap class but that's just because all my years playing battlefield has caused me to loathe them. I've lost too many rounds because the better portion of my team were camping at the edge of the map instead of helping the team. I know theres the "aggressive recon" argument but if you're gonna play like that, just pick one of the more useful classes. It's not a completely useless class but 95% of the people who use it dont use it in a way that benefits the team, i.e. spotting and spawn beacon. If I'm squad leader I boot them from my squad to make room for team players.
  • Caramac_D
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Caramac_D wrote: »

Back to basics 😍

That more was the best! The biggest mistake they made with BF1 was scrapping that mode.

That's the one. Hoping they'll bring it back as a custom server option if we ever get those.
  • Marviken
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Medic is far from trash. I haven't used the class a ton but when I did, I got a lot of points reviving teammates. Your first job as medic is to keep your team alive. The smg's are also far from trash.
    Recon/sniper however is a crap class but that's just because all my years playing battlefield has caused me to loathe them. I've lost too many rounds because the better portion of my team were camping at the edge of the map instead of helping the team. I know theres the "aggressive recon" argument but if you're gonna play like that, just pick one of the more useful classes. It's not a completely useless class but 95% of the people who use it dont use it in a way that benefits the team, i.e. spotting and spawn beacon. If I'm squad leader I boot them from my squad to make room for team players.

No it's not, squad mates are 90% of the time **** or camps on a hill. Having a weapon that sucks sweaty monkey balls makes the class completely unplayable.

Yes, 90% of all recons are idiots, but in BF1 it was one or if not most important class in the game, because of flairs.
    It was also probably the most fun class in the game. It takes twice skill to play aggressive recon as any other class, so it's not that popular.

I'm never going to play BF5 again, I just wish it didn't suck balls.
    And compared to BF4 and BF1 I don't think Dice can or want to fix their **** game.

• Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 4

Archetype system would have brought variants (sub-classes) of same class which would have been balanced by gadget & weapon selection within class' role. I would have prefered that over current one Or Wild West of customisation which I have seen proposed.
    Post edited by Foot_Guard_Tomei on
  • Hawxxeye
    6005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 4
    If their respective jobs is losing firefights in their comfort zones as well as outside of them against less specialized and more versatile guns (an oxymoron)
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 4
    Clumsy me, was meant to edit comment.
  • MettMoxxi
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    If their respective jobs is losing firefights in their comfort zones as well as outside of them against less specialized and more versatile guns (an oxymoron)

I guess he meant with "respective jobs" throwing smoke grenades, reviving, tickling the enemy and dying otherwise his post wouldn't make any sense whatsoever
  • Pyr0Plazma
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Presumably they moved away from that because it made separate classes almost pointless, and especially because it encouraged the old Assault class players to ignore their role of reviving and healing teammates and just use their ARs (with grenade launchers) as if they had no medical function at all. All-class weapons were a bad idea, I'm glad DICE is emphasizing class roles more in this game. BTW, Recons can play effectively at any range, those semi-auto Recon guns are double-tap kills that work just fine, even I can do well with them and I'm a craptacular sniper.

Are we playing the same game? First of all Assault Rifles weren't "All Kit Weapons" secondary most Assaults didn't run the M320 cause you had to drop paddles for it. Being able to revive a teammate is always good no matter what where as blowing up someone with a GL was usually situational at best. Also how does a 'All Kit Weapon render classes obsolete if said classes are defined by gadgets and tools and not so much their weapons?