Weekly BF

Recon class is absolutely worthless. Dice I know you can fix this.

Comments

  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    hennyvenom wrote: »
    There needs to be a cap, per team on the number of spawned snipers depending on the game mode.
    For example : Conquest, 10 snipers per team.
    The sniper glint needs to be toned down a bit, it is ridiculous 😂
    The ammo count is too low IMO
    The sniper class needs some sort of call in ability, like the BC2 days or a couple of sticks of dynamite.
    It needs more secondary weapons options for sure, more pistols, machine pistols perhaps or even a shot gun?
    More throwing knives, at least 5.
    I have had good fun running Solo or with a squad as the class stands right now, but it feels like it is missing something.
    I've decided not to use a scope when I play because of the scope glint/supernova, and to my surprise I have gotten more kills than using a scope, funny that😂

    Anything else you want? Pocket nukes? Stealth bomber squadron maybe? Gimme a break. Recon is not for close range and it's not for killing vehicles. Stop suggesting things to make it the ultimate class capable of destroying everything on the map.
    Its funny you say ”recon is not for close range”, and I agree its not...

    But then ask yourself, why are assault with their semi-auto (Gewehr 43 is good example) and some support bipod, counter snipe me at range!?????

    With that logic assault and support needs a huge nerf! Because they do indeed snipe me at long range many times... You want balance, or just want recon to be useless???
  • Key2Destiny
    96 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My biggest issue with Recon is simply that iron sight bolt actions aren't very viable anymore, pretty much anything I can do with irons I can do just as well with a scope if not better.
  • XxCHAOS315xX
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    hennyvenom wrote: »
    There needs to be a cap, per team on the number of spawned snipers depending on the game mode.
    For example : Conquest, 10 snipers per team.
    The sniper glint needs to be toned down a bit, it is ridiculous 😂
    The ammo count is too low IMO
    The sniper class needs some sort of call in ability, like the BC2 days or a couple of sticks of dynamite.
    It needs more secondary weapons options for sure, more pistols, machine pistols perhaps or even a shot gun?
    More throwing knives, at least 5.
    I have had good fun running Solo or with a squad as the class stands right now, but it feels like it is missing something.
    I've decided not to use a scope when I play because of the scope glint/supernova, and to my surprise I have gotten more kills than using a scope, funny that😂

    Anything else you want? Pocket nukes? Stealth bomber squadron maybe? Gimme a break. Recon is not for close range and it's not for killing vehicles. Stop suggesting things to make it the ultimate class capable of destroying everything on the map.
    Its funny you say ”recon is not for close range”, and I agree its not...

    But then ask yourself, why are assault with their semi-auto (Gewehr 43 is good example) and some support bipod, counter snipe me at range!?????

    With that logic assault and support needs a huge nerf! Because they do indeed snipe me at long range many times... You want balance, or just want recon to be useless???

    It's not counter sniping. They have a decent range but nowhere near the recon rifles. Besides I rarely get killed at long range with mg's or assault class weapons. Besides, do you feel you should be invincible just because you're far away. Recon has the advantage at long range but if you sit in the same spot long enough you're gonna get return fire. I get one shotted by recon all the time so people are seemingly doing fine with the class. Theres no need to give them anti tank capabilities. Vehicles have enough threats on the field.
  • Iightblack
    158 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    They without a doubt were not OP. There's no argument to be had there. The stats back it up. The VAST majority of players performed worse with the scout class than any other class.

    If bolt actions were OP, then why was recon the 2nd least played class? Everyone knows the majority of players tend to gravitate towards that which is OP.

    If bolt actions were OP, then why is it you constantly see complaints of useless recons? Surely if their weapon is OP they wouldn't also be somehow useless.

    Why should anyone be punished for going for body shots? With every other class in the game you can go for, as you said, "too easy kill with bodyshot."

    Landing a rifle hit plus a couple of pistol rounds takes a lot more skill and speed than just holding the trigger on your automatic weapon. So I've got no idea what you're trying to get at there.


    Your argument simply doesn't make sense. The stats back up that bolt actions weren't OP. Every other class can go for easy body shots. And quick switching to your secondary to finish a kill after you've hit the enemy with a bolt action rifle is both more skillful and also higher risk than simply holding the trigger on an automatic weapon.

    Most used =/= most op, exactly like higher k/d ratio =/= stronger class. Recon, also if op like BF1 one, it is always a less "immediate" than other classes.

    In this game we see some complaints (there are also a lot of players that think that recon is ok) because snipers just want that their class is op exactly like BF1... so, also who hasn't enough aim to hit heads can anyway be onnipotent with recon. But I repeat: recon is the only class that can one-shot (except shotgun)... the penalization for bodyshot is a trade off.

    Anyway I will repeat a fundamental fact: BF3, BF4 (except trolls that used snipers like shotgun) and BF5 bolt-actions need headshot. Battlefield serie want this. Just in BF1 was (almost) more efficient aim directly for bodyshots. People have been misguided and now they want this also for BF5.
  • Iightblack
    158 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JackL1vely wrote: »
    But in BFV it's kind of... "Hey, that guy shot me while I was prone in an open field with no cover... twice... and I died! Nerf the entire class! This is too OP! I need to take out my frustrations. Where's a tank to absolutely melt?"

    :D ... no one wants a nerf. It is right to kill with one headshot or two bodyshots... and exactly for this reason that a buff is not needed.
  • Hawxxeye
    5938 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    hennyvenom wrote: »
    There needs to be a cap, per team on the number of spawned snipers depending on the game mode.
    For example : Conquest, 10 snipers per team.
    The sniper glint needs to be toned down a bit, it is ridiculous 😂
    The ammo count is too low IMO
    The sniper class needs some sort of call in ability, like the BC2 days or a couple of sticks of dynamite.
    It needs more secondary weapons options for sure, more pistols, machine pistols perhaps or even a shot gun?
    More throwing knives, at least 5.
    I have had good fun running Solo or with a squad as the class stands right now, but it feels like it is missing something.
    I've decided not to use a scope when I play because of the scope glint/supernova, and to my surprise I have gotten more kills than using a scope, funny that😂

    Anything else you want? Pocket nukes? Stealth bomber squadron maybe? Gimme a break. Recon is not for close range and it's not for killing vehicles. Stop suggesting things to make it the ultimate class capable of destroying everything on the map.
    Its funny you say ”recon is not for close range”, and I agree its not...

    But then ask yourself, why are assault with their semi-auto (Gewehr 43 is good example) and some support bipod, counter snipe me at range!?????

    With that logic assault and support needs a huge nerf! Because they do indeed snipe me at long range many times... You want balance, or just want recon to be useless???

    It's not counter sniping. They have a decent range but nowhere near the recon rifles. Besides I rarely get killed at long range with mg's or assault class weapons. Besides, do you feel you should be invincible just because you're far away. Recon has the advantage at long range but if you sit in the same spot long enough you're gonna get return fire. I get one shotted by recon all the time so people are seemingly doing fine with the class. Theres no need to give them anti tank capabilities. Vehicles have enough threats on the field.

    Lmao it is counter sniping. I can take down people at 200m with a turner SMLE + 3x scope no problem. A sniper sitting 350m away is no problem when he's stationary and has a giant spotlight literally telling me where he is.

    If the sniper doesn't headshot me, which is easy to avoid because with DMR's like the Turner I can move AND shoot accurately simultaneously, I can kill him with body shots before he even cycles his second round.

    The Turner SMLE's lowest statistical damage provides a 3 shot kill at all ranges. It shoots 7x faster than the fastest bolt action rifle, has the exact same drop, and has a muzzle velocity that is 200m/s faster than the Lee Enfield, which is literally what the Turner SMLE is a modified version of. On top of that, like mentioned above, it has access to 3x scopes that allow it to be utilized effortlessly at long ranges.

    If you don't call that counter sniping solely because bolt actions are capable of an OHK to the hardest to hit target on a player's body, I can't take your argument seriously.

    Yeah, counter sniping is countering snipers, not necessarily attacking them with a bolt action.
    Personally I like to use the front guns of half-tracks to kill or seriously disrupt distant snipers
  • fragnstein
    513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My class will have an ammo crate, med pouches and a sniper rifle.
  • XxCHAOS315xX
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Snipers only ruin the game anyway. They only disrupt the enjoyment of the game for others. It's a crap class because its rarely ever used properly. Nerf their weapons to hell for all I care. I know it's a class that'll always be there bit I've just lost too many games because half the team was sniping instead of capping objectives.
  • Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 4
    Snipers only ruin the game anyway. They only disrupt the enjoyment of the game for others. It's a crap class because its rarely ever used properly. Nerf their weapons to hell for all I care. I know it's a class that'll always be there bit I've just lost too many games because half the team was sniping instead of capping objectives.

    The issue I have with the whole "snipers are bad for the game because half the team uses them to camp and are worthless, causing our team to lose every game" argument is that logic would dictate the enemy team would be just as full of snipers, or any team in any game. Which I very highly doubt is the case. It also ignores the fact that there are players of all classes that camp and are worthless obj-wise in every game, all the time.
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Recon—the lonewolf of classes, master of careful calculated shots at range. True marksman with high precision
    and K/D
    and knowledge of location of every enemy within his FoV. Staying out of direct action is his strength, waiting for prey like a predator, camouflaged against terrain.

    You ask me how to buff predator? Sharpen its claws (AP mines), vision (spotting flare) and finally teeth (BARs).
  • Hawxxeye
    5938 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 4
    Recon—the lonewolf of classes, master of careful calculated shots at range. True marksman with high precision
    and K/D
    and knowledge of location of every enemy within his FoV. Staying out of direct action is his strength, waiting for prey like a predator, camouflaged against terrain.

    You ask me how to buff predator? Sharpen its claws (AP mines), vision (spotting flare) and finally teeth (BARs).
    No predator has to boldly declare its hiding spot to its prey before attacking
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Worthless you say? I seem to be killed plenty by Recon snipers... I rage at the bush camping little sh.ts :D
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Recon—the lonewolf of classes, master of careful calculated shots at range. True marksman with high precision
    and K/D
    and knowledge of location of every enemy within his FoV. Staying out of direct action is his strength, waiting for prey like a predator, camouflaged against terrain.

    You ask me how to buff predator? Sharpen its claws (AP mines), vision (spotting flare) and finally teeth (BARs).
    No predator has to boldly declare its hiding spot to its prey before attacking

    Maybe it's intended flaw of this predator by nature, giving chance to its prey which can sense danger before potentially killing strike?
  • Hawxxeye
    5938 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Worthless you say? I seem to be killed plenty by Recon snipers... I rage at the bush camping little sh.ts :D
    The snipers (snipers as in distant camping recons) succeed at being a pest to the other team but they never win the game for their team. If one measures the worth of a playstyle by its ability to help the team win, then yes snipers are worthless unless in the hands of gods among men players who can do even better with better guns.
  • hennyvenom
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hennyvenom wrote: »
    There needs to be a cap, per team on the number of spawned snipers depending on the game mode.
    For example : Conquest, 10 snipers per team.
    The sniper glint needs to be toned down a bit, it is ridiculous 😂
    The ammo count is too low IMO
    The sniper class needs some sort of call in ability, like the BC2 days or a couple of sticks of dynamite.
    It needs more secondary weapons options for sure, more pistols, machine pistols perhaps or even a shot gun?
    More throwing knives, at least 5.
    I have had good fun running Solo or with a squad as the class stands right now, but it feels like it is missing something.
    I've decided not to use a scope when I play because of the scope glint/supernova, and to my surprise I have gotten more kills than using a scope, funny that😂

    Anything else you want? Pocket nukes? Stealth bomber squadron maybe? Gimme a break. Recon is not for close range and it's not for killing vehicles. Stop suggesting things to make it the ultimate class capable of destroying everything on the map.

    See this works both ways, anything else you want to take away from recon?
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Iightblack wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    They without a doubt were not OP. There's no argument to be had there. The stats back it up. The VAST majority of players performed worse with the scout class than any other class.

    If bolt actions were OP, then why was recon the 2nd least played class? Everyone knows the majority of players tend to gravitate towards that which is OP.

    If bolt actions were OP, then why is it you constantly see complaints of useless recons? Surely if their weapon is OP they wouldn't also be somehow useless.

    Why should anyone be punished for going for body shots? With every other class in the game you can go for, as you said, "too easy kill with bodyshot."

    Landing a rifle hit plus a couple of pistol rounds takes a lot more skill and speed than just holding the trigger on your automatic weapon. So I've got no idea what you're trying to get at there.


    Your argument simply doesn't make sense. The stats back up that bolt actions weren't OP. Every other class can go for easy body shots. And quick switching to your secondary to finish a kill after you've hit the enemy with a bolt action rifle is both more skillful and also higher risk than simply holding the trigger on an automatic weapon.

    Most used =/= most op, exactly like higher k/d ratio =/= stronger class. Recon, also if op like BF1 one, it is always a less "immediate" than other classes.

    In this game we see some complaints (there are also a lot of players that think that recon is ok) because snipers just want that their class is op exactly like BF1... so, also who hasn't enough aim to hit heads can anyway be onnipotent with recon. But I repeat: recon is the only class that can one-shot (except shotgun)... the penalization for bodyshot is a trade off.

    Anyway I will repeat a fundamental fact: BF3, BF4 (except trolls that used snipers like shotgun) and BF5 bolt-actions need headshot. Battlefield serie want this. Just in BF1 was (almost) more efficient aim directly for bodyshots. People have been misguided and now they want this also for BF5.

    You're making baseless assumptions. We don't want sweet spots back. We don't want rifles that OHK to the body at such wide ranges like in BF1.

    We simply want better balanced rifles so that we can actually compete with other classes. And that means removing or greatly reducing glint, increasing body shot damage, and increasing bullet velocity. Otherwise bolt actions will never be competitive with other weapon types unless you're literally one of the best.

    You mention BF3 and BF4... I'd gladly take BF4 bolt actions over the trash we have now. BFV has the weakest bolt actions in the series.

    And again, bolt actions were never OP. I didn't say that the most used is the same as OP. That's only part of the evidence as to why it's not. The more important part is the fact that the vast majority of players performed worse with scout than assault, medic, and support.
  • Hawxxeye
    5938 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    The more important part is the fact that the vast majority of players performed worse with scout than assault, medic, and support.
    For example, Stodeh when he is using MG42 and VGO instead of sniper rifles.


  • XxCHAOS315xX
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 4
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Snipers only ruin the game anyway. They only disrupt the enjoyment of the game for others. It's a crap class because its rarely ever used properly. Nerf their weapons to hell for all I care. I know it's a class that'll always be there bit I've just lost too many games because half the team was sniping instead of capping objectives.

    The issue I have with the whole "snipers are bad for the game because half the team uses them to camp and are worthless, causing our team to lose every game" argument is that logic would dictate the enemy team would be just as full of snipers, or any team in any game. Which I very highly doubt is the case. It also ignores the fact that there are players of all classes that camp and are worthless obj-wise in every game, all the time.

    Each round is different obviously but in every round I'm playing that my team is losing by like 200 points I'll look at the scoreboard and see that half the team is recon and the opposing team doesn't have nearly as many recon players. This is a known phenomenon so arguing it is kinda redundant. I dont see many, if any assault players camping and not capping objectives. Maybe the odd support player with an mmg but they dont stay put for long. It's almost always recon that's camping because they're outfitted best for it. Having long range high damage rifles.
Sign In or Register to comment.