MG 42 and MG 34

DutchMaj-General
93 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
edited January 4
The start direction of the weapon is pointing to the right, and the crosshair direction pointing to left.
With both of these weapons i can't do aim down sight.
It's already buggy from the beginning, anyone else having this issue?

w60rit.png

Comments

• Ramell_of_Cadia
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's how MMGs work in this game. You need to use the bipod to be able to use the sights.
  • DutchMaj-General
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I never ever seen this before in any battlefield serie..Maybe i just getting old lol..
    Thanks you for your reply!
  • Tullzter
    1074 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    go prone bro
  • Kongo030
    620 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You're not John Rambo :)
  • XxCHAOS315xX
    128 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's just a risk/reward mechanic they added. You have very little chance of getting kills without the bipod deployed but when the mmg's are deployed with the bipod, they're unmatched in small arms firepower.
  • DutchMaj-General
    I tested it already and yes it's good when the bipod is deployed, for the rest it's a useless weapon.
  • c-s-t-r-i-n-i-x
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I’m cool with using a bipod but the love of all that is sacred FIX IT. My bipod will close on flat ground when I make the slightest directional movement.

Its all fun and games until you’re shooting at a moving target and it closes in the middle of shooting at someone and you completely lose your ability to aim.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've only used the MG34 but I want to give the Vickers a bash.
  • MrClev3r
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As others have stated, it's a balance mechanic, MMGs need stability (bipods/prone) in order to be accurate. Otherwise, the game would quickly devolve into packs of players roaming around with 100-150 round buzzsaws just chewing anything that moves to pieces... I mean, that already is what happens on certain game modes, but at least they are usually stationary when they do so.
  • Catsonspeeed
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have been killed plenty of times by hip firing MMG Rambo, even though the hip fire stats for those are horrendous.
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have been killed plenty of times by hip firing MMG Rambo, even though the hip fire stats for those are horrendous.

Their RPM is so insanely high and they aren't punished for missing thanks to their big mag size so it's actually extremely easy for them to completely "drop feces" on top of SMGs (beside maybe suomi/thompson) in CQC while hipfiring (or any other weapon for that matter).
  • Rusted_Ace2013
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MMGs require the player to use the bipod in order to aim down the sights; this is a design feature, not a bug. The main advantage of MMGs is their extremely fast fire rate though their weight and fire rate results in those weapons having a very high amount of vertical and horizontal recoil for any weapon. As a result, MMGs are useful for suppressing enemies and for guarding certain paths up close though the extreme recoil would make it very difficult to get a kill at long range.
  • asadqureshy
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    definitely a good decision by dice. and that's how they are used anyways...almost impossible to hold those guns up without a bipod.

I use the MMG's often in conquest, or breaktrhough/frontlines - anything that required defense. If you can find a good spot, set up shop and defend the flag, the MMG's are unmatched.

surprisgly even the hipfire isnt bad..iv'e gotten tons of kills that way.
  • TEXls1
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing to see here, move along to the next whine.
  • clayface0187
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hip fire MG42 is a complete beast up to 5m or so still
  • xKusagamix
    900 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MG42 with 1200 RPM can expend 50 rounds in just 3s, that's a lot of chances to hit a target while hipfiring at close range.
  • Noodlesocks
    2656 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’m cool with using a bipod but the love of all that is sacred FIX IT. My bipod will close on flat ground when I make the slightest directional movement.

Its all fun and games until you’re shooting at a moving target and it closes in the middle of shooting at someone and you completely lose your ability to aim.

Yeah, the issue with bipods not activating when it looks like they should is a lot more pronounced in BF 5 than it was in BF1. In BF1, if the bipod wasn't down you could still use the thing effectively with sights but in BF5, if you turn too much or if the game doesn't think your bipod should work where you know it should, you're pretty much screwed.

I understand the thought process behind the mechanic but if they can't program it to work reliably, they shouldn't have it in the game at all.
  • Hawxxeye
    5203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It can work really well up close
  • VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    It can work really well up close

Would say too well even.
  • M_Rat13
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you want an MMG you can aim with without deploying the bipod, get the Lewis gun. They say it's an LMG, but it's a bullet hose. It also has 3x magnification. Reminds me of LMGs from BF1, relatively slow ROF, but slow to overheat and massive amounts of ammunition (get the bigger mag, trust me).