An idea to motivate the BFV recons to be more useful

Hawxxeye
5229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2018
I have heard there are weapon assignments on the recon weapons involving things like either 10 headshots in one life or 20 headshot in a round.
I believe it would benefit the game more if there was an alternative option to do such assignments by asking recons to do a massive amount (1000s or 10000s) of spotting for their team. This way everyone else in the team will benefit and there will be fewer snipers trying to nail 10 enemies from far enough to avoid death.
Imagine a BFV where recons spend more time helping find enemies than trying to get some cheap shots
Post edited by Hawxxeye on

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    5229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Anybody cares to give some input if they think this is a good or bad idea and why?
  • Zviko0
    1537 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That or kill/spot enemies while attacking/defending the objective. That would force them to play the objective.
  • disposalist
    8480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    The idea is fantastic, but it's clear DICE aren't interested in anything but kill kill kill these days. The very first medic proficiency assignment requires kills and damage done... Nuff said.

Maybe they had it beaten out of them after the BF1 Beta. The 'Battlefield Veterans' threw a fit about kills not scoring in Conquest, so they made kills not only score, but score more than flags.

The continual pressure throughout was about kill kill and time to kill. Thanks BF Vets.

Now they've got BF5 perhaps we can take back TTK2 and try Beta-style Conquest in BF1 again?
  • spychodelics
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would like to get rid of these forced assignments, i cleary had more fun when i got them by "accident" while playing normal. Sometimes i play sniper and hit 10 headshots in life, but to be forced to that, to achive an assigment, its a pain in the ...

I havent played much recon in bf5 but i find autospotting with the "glasses" a good thing, i used it more then in bf1 where i was forced to spam Q.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited November 2018
    I would like to get rid of these forced assignments, i cleary had more fun when i got them by "accident" while playing normal. Sometimes i play sniper and hit 10 headshots in life, but to be forced to that, to achive an assigment, its a pain in the ...

I havent played much recon in bf5 but i find autospotting with the "glasses" a good thing, i used it more then in bf1 where i was forced to spam Q.

Which is why imho all the assignment should have a long term alternative along with the in round or in life, ones.
    Even better if the alternative promotes a playstyle that benefits everyone in the team.
    Which recon would you love the most? the guy who is good at quickscoping heads or the guy who makes the entire team see enemies more easily? Especially the bombers would love to be able to see these tanks and AA
  • MiasmaGrowlmon
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Unfortunately they're almost all idiots. DICE literally gifted them a scope they could use to throw a dorito over anyone's head that's in the scope even if they don't notice them, and this can be used at any range and in fact works best at super long ranges, and has no limit to how many it can spot. The spots show up for everyone on their team, gives them tons of points (I went 3-1 and placed top 5 in the team earlier today), and pretty much marks tanks for deaths if any of your planes have bombs or rockets (remember kids, spitfires can have 250lb bombs while the German planes can have 21cm rockets).

But nah, they prefer to stare down their gun's scope to try to click on someone that's 800m away.

Did I mention the spotting scope shows exactly how far away you are aiming it, which makes it easy to zero your gun's scope?

It's so easy to snipe and play recon in this game it's not even funny, yet people complain that snipers are underpowered because they took away the atrocity that was OHK bodyshots. Honestly snipers shouldn't be allowed to OHK someone that's at full health from a range where people cannot fight back. Period.

/rant from someone that has already hit recon rank 20 and done all the recon mastery assignments. Canis Horribilis is nice.
  • TropicPoison
    2322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dice really screwed up AGAIN with stupid assignments, to get any of those without dying requires massive camping and luck.
  • Kool_hnd_Luke
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It could be one reason at times half the team or more isn't even playing the objective. I HATE that. They should have assignments that promote playing the objective as to not ruin the gameplay for people that actually want to enjoy playing the game. They should also track assignments automatically as they did in battlefield hardline. I think they had the best assignment system as well as ways to earn skins. It simply promoted paying the freaking game and playing the OBJECTIVE. There were only a handful of stupid ones for getting special guns that sucked anyway. You had to have a group of people to get them.
    When my team is losing because too many people are camping trying to get headshots or building birdhouses or whatever the hell they are doing that's detrimental to the team it makes me rage quit.
  • TOG_Whiskey
    127 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Best incentive would be to make them more effective at close range, some class specific side arms - like the Mars from BF1 and maybe 1 shot kill to the chest with a bolt action up to 20m.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1418 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The way you make Recon more effective, and even have much less of them is this way...

1) Slow TTK. If people aren't going to die as much, they won't "camp" as much, and what better more effective of a camper, than a Sniper.

2) 32 Player Conquest and other modes. 32 players make the maps seem bigger, with less players, and snipers get bored not being able t shoot fish in a barrel, and play other classes, and go for Objectives.

3) Buff Ironsight Infantry Rifles, and offer every class a SIR. On these World War games, many like to use rifles, because that's what they primarily used in these wars. But if infantry rifles are ineffective, they go to one that is, a scoped sniper rifle. In addition, folks who like to use rifles, won't be stuck in the Recon Class, and do more effective things for their teams, like blow up tanks, heal people, or provide ammo.

Those are my suggestions.
  • MrClev3r
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Usually when I play Recon I actually do most of my time on the spotting scope scouting the objectives with selectively killing those that are easy targets before switching to a new position. But, I'm also not a very good sniper at longer ranges.