Wake up! PING is the ultimate weapon in BATTLEFIELD 5 - FAIR PLAY doesn't exist

FireStarterGR
25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited January 4
If you have a good ping, I mean under 30, you rule the game. Anything more is just a disadvantage against better ping players. Milliseconds matters in shooter games, and not only. When you register hits on a server and your opponent doesnt, you are the Jedi Master of the game. When you dont feel the enemie's bullets you stand still until you get the full magazine, and when you are full of holes, server sends you the data package that you are getting the first bullet. Till that time you are dead but you feel like you can try to hide. You hide, but suddenly you die behind cover, and you curse and get mad, how the heck that happened. Everything happens for a reason in life. In BATTLEFIELD and EA servers that dont exist in your country, you die cause of LATENCY. SIMPLE AS THAT...
So dont try to be a better player through guns and stuff. A 5 year old boy can nail you cause he lives in a country that has an EA server in the neighborhood, and end in a PING like 12. He plays like in local network, and you my poor friend, play from miles away, hoping in no LAG, JITTER, LOST PACKAGES and all that netcode things that made us experts by reading about them but never experienced them, in a good way for us.
Keep cursing about your skills? The blame is not yours. Embrace that idea, and just die one more time, laughing at netcode's face, allowing NO FAIR PLAY.

Comments

• G-Gnu
    1383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sadly this is not a new thing for this franchise.
    I used to play on servers with ping limiter in BF3 and BF4 , this is a no go these days sadly.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The closest ping for me is 36 to Singapore servers. Dice needs to add more server in Asia, in Hong Kong, Tai Wan like they did for BF1.
  • Hawxxeye
    5149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 4
    I cannot get bellow 56 ping in Greece since the closest servers are far up in Germany.
    The players on the Balkan peninsula and Asia minor a will be having similar problems I bet
    Occasionally my ping for some unknown reason will go insane and start fluctuating between 56 and 999 too. The ISP cannot detect the problem
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 4
    I must be lucky here in the UK, Although I live quite rural and my internet isn't that great on up and download speed my ping is pretty well around 20ms on UK servers and on Irish or French servers around 24ms, it does climb to around 30-40 on German or italian servers but never more.
  • FireStarterGR
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wanted you to explain me... why I played with 47 PING for several weeks, and now back to 56-57 ping, all the time, in every German server? Does it has to do with holidays, cause everybody is playing the game, and servers are full bandwidth??? I was able to play in full 5 ping cell icon servers, and now with the 57 ping, they always show 4 green lines.
  • warslag
    1365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I have sympathy for players who have high latency/ping. But I do not agree with people who say it is unfair that some players have low ping.

If the game were designed to help one player because their ping is high, but not another player because their ping is low, then that would be unfair.

It's just luck as to how it has turned out that some players have high or low latency/ping.

In 2019 players should expect to have servers nearer where they live.
  • carlos_magaz
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm playing with 2 of pin, should I feel guilty?
  • TFBisquit
    1315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Low ping isn't an advantage in fps shooters, and certainly not in BF games.
    Namely lag compensation and server side client hit detection will try to smoothen things out between low and high pingers.
    In any case, it's the jumping of ping that makes your game fluid or lagged.
    You are correct though in having servers near your location, that will give an overall better experience, with players pinging the same as you.
  • full951
    2405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    low ping should be at an advantage as low ping should be at a disadvantage.

anyone with a ping over 80 should not even be allowed on a server with anyone that has a lower ping. but that's not what's happening. it shows
  • ackers75
    2267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Low ping doesn’t guarantee you a good gaming experience in many of the battlefield games am afraid.
    Battlenonsense has shown people with plenty of latency variation and high ping can shoot you behind cover and bundle many bullets into one packet thus creating the one bullet death effect.

Whatever happened to people saying other peoples connections don’t affect your gaming experience?
  • NLBartmaN
    3032 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You are totally WRONG.

A VERY LOW ping (lower than the tick rate of the server) is a disadvantage in BF.
    With client AND server hit reg, compensation for high pingers and the simulation hit reg you will have lots of difference between client and server hits if one or more high/unstable pingers join a server.

Playing OOR with a ping above 60 will give you huge benefits.
  • spychodelics
    205 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Here is sumup what you need to know:

https://www.pcgamer.com/netcode-explained/
  • von_Campenstein
    6565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    Low ping isn't an advantage in fps shooters, and certainly not in BF games.
    Namely lag compensation and server side client hit detection will try to smoothen things out between low and high pingers.
    In any case, it's the jumping of ping that makes your game fluid or lagged.
    You are correct though in having servers near your location, that will give an overall better experience, with players pinging the same as you.

What other FPS' have lag compensation while at the same time not offering pingcapped servers?
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd rather them have servers that regulated ping. Like you can't join over or under a certain amount and match you with similar ping players.
    I have around 23 ping and I was playing with someone in my squad with 250 ping.........let's just say there was a lot of weird moments that shouldn't be happening in game. My whole gun game felt sluggish. Next match he left and all of a sudden my Medic was nimble as all hell with every shot being on point.
  • ackers75
    2267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd rather them have servers that regulated ping. Like you can't join over or under a certain amount and match you with similar ping players.
    I have around 23 ping and I was playing with someone in my squad with 250 ping.........let's just say there was a lot of weird moments that shouldn't be happening in game. My whole gun game felt sluggish. Next match he left and all of a sudden my Medic was nimble as all hell with every shot being on point.

Ooh them days with ping limited servers.
    I have 9ms ping to British servers and it feels like a hindrance a lot of times.
  • VincentNZ
    2574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    That is quite the exaggeration. While a lower ping does give you an advantage and milliseconds do matter, the same applies to everything else in this game. Seeing the enemy, reaction time, aim, weapon and a thousand other different things.
    What I can agree with is that this is more prominent in BF1 and BFV than before for one simple fact: The lack of private servers that reach more regions to supplement the official severs. Without them certain regions are naturally underepresented and DICE can increase server capacities all they want in Frankfurt, this will still not improve the game for players in Morocco or Kiew.
    Still I would say, if you are below a ping of 70 constantly the difference is marginal, over a guy like me who is sitting 90km away from Frankfurt.
  • Zoom_VII
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    A VERY LOW ping (lower than the tick rate of the server) is a disadvantage in BF.
    With client AND server hit reg, compensation for high pingers and the simulation hit reg you will have lots of difference between client and server hits if one or more high/unstable pingers join a server.

Ping compensation is applied to all players and all it does is normalize the shooting experience between players of different ping. Playing at higher ping does not allow you to hit any better than before. High ping also puts you at a disadvantage in terms of reaction time as enemies will not render on your screen as quickly as they would on the screen of someone playing at a lower latency.
    What other FPS' have lag compensation while at the same time not offering pingcapped servers?

BFV doesn't need pingcapping because the latency compensation algorithm has a cap built into it. The player is no longer provided latency compensation beyond 150ms.
  • MrClev3r
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not sure where the servers are located across the world, but with the (perceived) lack of income from poorer than average sales this quarter, I'm not sure I would hold my breath for EA to shell out the money for more servers across several other locations. Ping issues are one of those unfortunate things where there's not much you can do about it on your end (assuming the server picked by the network is by default the closest geographical location) .
  • ghos7bear
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Welcome to my world of living in Siberia and having 100ms ping to EU servers.
  • Anti-Messiah
    274 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited January 4
    Not true in my opinion...... I have a Fios FTTH symetrical gigabit internet connection, with the Asus GT-AC5300 gaming router. My ping sits at about 10-16, and I have normal stats.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/xbl/Bf spawnkiller/overview

......and if you look at my game reports you will see nothing other than an average BF player who tank **** a bit
This discussion has been closed.