When will SMGS get the buff they really need?

Monarchist_Anglo
80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
b2df2d42e24881a21a725f4ae9e6576a.png
^ Just the typical match playing as a medic. Must be a weird coincidence that my medic class is the only class that has a negative K/D whilst the others are sitting at 1:3, 1:4 and 1:5.
Some people believe that a multiverse exists, in which the universe we live in is not the only one out there; and that possibly the amount of universes that exist is infinite. And so in which of these possible alternative universes does DICE buff the SMG class?
Their damage is too low at close range, their recoil is insane and yet I find assault rifles and light machine guns more controllable. I find myself getting beaten almost all the time in point blank 1v1's with the enemy because smgs give out a really low damage per second compared to other automatic and even semi-automatic weapons.
A while ago they did get a buff but it did absolutely nothing, they increased the max damage range by a few metres, reduced the recoil slightly, and increased bullet velocity. None of these matter in a fight that is happening 5 metres away.
All DICE has to do is increase the max damage of smgs, not increase the max damage range. For future references, I suggest DICE looks at the part that defines 'balance' in their dictionary, though they've probably ripped that page out already...

Comments

• c-s-t-r-i-n-i-x
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dude I went from using the MGs in the support class with the jacked up bipods to the Sten and have been wrecking people.

Atleast with the medic class I can play more aggressive. My biggest complaint with the medic class is the lack of defense from a tank.....But the medic class has been like that since BF4...

At this point I’m just grinding my way to the MP and ultimately the Thompson
  • ElliotLH
    7767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The top two players on the enemy team and the number three player on your team are medics (at the time of your screenshot anyway) and all of them have positive KDs. In fact there are only two medics on the enemy team with negative KDs.

I don't actually disagree that the SMGs could use some love or for Medic to have a weapon or two with a bit more reach, I'm just pointing out that while you had a rough round as a medic your screenshot makes it look like it was not the case for most (No surprise really is Devastation is a fairly good map to play medic as a lot of the combat is close quarters).
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Devastation and Rotterdam are Medic playground. I pretty much stick to Medic on those and I see a ton of others too. On the more open maps you are just revive support for your squad because you can compete with the campers. I get wasted by more medics on D and R maps than any other class by far. The Sten is ridiculous. If you give it any more range it might as well be the KE7
  • thebossman2202
    372 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bro I was top 3 one game as medic but not because of my kills, it was because I just kept reviving and healing my team. I think I got what...20 kills with my MP-40 last game on devastation. Also you have to know that as a medic certain maps give you a disadvantage. Maps like Rotterdamn, Aerodome, Devastation and Twisted Steel work fine for the medic. The other maps you got to play smart.
  • narnold700
    282 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What I've found is there is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to the SMGs. You really have to know the limits of the SMG you are using and know that sometimes it isn't worth starting a firefight you really can't win. Hopefully the SMGs do get some adjustments made to them as it seems right now only 3 of the SMGs are really useful and the rest are just skin mods. I've also found that unless you have a really good run and gun game you don't generally want to play medic unless you have an organized squad your playing with.
  • MrClev3r
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just want a tighter/more predictable spread at distance during ADS and then I'll be (mostly) fine with the medic class. Tighter spread means more shots landing which means either more kills or force the enemy to cover and heal while I pop smoke to revive.
  • AduaneroKill
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    After 30 hours, I think the medic class its the best to get top 1 ....but you need to use smoke ALL time.
  • JDOGMcFUZZL
    122 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have had great matches with SMGs as a medic. I really think they have it nailed down pretty well for what a medic should be. I understand that most people don't really play classes or objectives super well because it's not a coordinated team of tons of people. But when i play with a few of my friends who know hoe to play medic the proper way they are extremely fun and vital to victories. But even on their own medics are still rather good. Just not a jack of all trades like assault.
  • PrairieGeek
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After 30 hours, I think the medic class its the best to get top 1 ....but you need to use smoke ALL time.

Yep. I launch it at the enemy like a frag. Put it right in there face then your squad can cross open areas and get in range
  • c-s-t-r-i-n-i-x
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Dude I’ve been rocking the medic class today. I’m destroying people with the Sten and MP.

You do have to play smart and not even think about distance battles. But that’s what I think is also good about BFV; the fast TTK makes you have to play smarter.

I’ve been flanking teams and destroying them from behind.
  • Fliple
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One thing I've noticed is that I seem to get hit with the one frame death net code bug when getting hit by the medic more than any other class. If that's actually accurate, rather than just in my head, improving the medic weapons before the bug gets fixed would probably be a bad thing.
  • xKusagamix
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 4
    Stop upgrading the hipfire path and complain about how much recoil SMGs are, jeee. Devastation has to be the best map to be a Medic already. SMG need some buff, yes.
    WefcQK5.png
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think smgs need a buff. I find smgs are good at doing what they were designed for. No point in trying to buff them into hybrid assault rifles
  • Monarchist_Anglo
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    Stop upgrading the hipfire path and complain about how much recoil SMGs are, jeee. Devastation has to be the best map to be a Medic already. SMG need some buff, yes.

MP34 doesn't have any hipfire upgrades. And a thing I've noticed about the recoil is that it only seems to randomly throw my aim off to the left or right slightly when I'm aiming at an enemy. I was trying to practise controlling the recoil against a wall and I noticed that I had a pretty tight bullet grouping. But when I'm firing at an enemy, the recoil becomes a lot more uncontrollable.
  • ackers75
    2275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can’t use medic class for jack all.
    Even at close quarters when the guns should shine they get out gunned buy an lmg or semi auto
  • Monarchist_Anglo
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    I don't think smgs need a buff. I find smgs are good at doing what they were designed for. No point in trying to buff them into hybrid assault rifles
    They were designed to be used for close quarter combat, they can't compete against assault rifles and some semi automatic rifles that do more damage at close range.
  • ackers75
    2275 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    they can’t compete at all at close quarters.
    The hip fire is awful and fire rate is as slow as firing a semi auto
  • Monarchist_Anglo
    ackers75 wrote: »
    I can’t use medic class for jack all.
    Even at close quarters when the guns should shine they get out gunned buy an lmg or semi auto
    The majority of kills I get with them are against people who aren't even shooting me. If I want to get a load of kills, I'm forced to camp harder than I would with a recon. A medic can't do medic stuff when they have weapons that can't be reliably used head to head ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Monarchist_Anglo

So what you're saying is that the medic class is such a good balanced class that you need to use equipment that literally makes you invisible constantly?
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aren't some PC players really good with these? I would think balancing these weapons for controllers and mouses is a stupid idea in all honesty.