Weekly BF

Recon class is absolutely worthless. Dice I know you can fix this.

Comments

• Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Should we expect same performance from class with single action weapons (low RoF, high precision requiring) and reconnaissance tools? What would be "reference values" in performance for recon? Is lateral comparison between classes even desirable in this case when intended playstyle is different from them?
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1441 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you use a scope on this game, of ANY kind, you need GLINT, and other than that, absolutely nothing. I'm TIRED of getting whacked by a million snipers. Use an ironsight infantry rifle.
  • Hawxxeye
    5956 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Should we expect same performance from class with single action weapons (low RoF, high precision requiring) and reconnaissance tools? What would be "reference values" in performance for recon? Is lateral comparison between classes even desirable in this case when intended playstyle is different from them?
    What I expect from a class with reconnaissance tools is for all its tools to work to a satisfactory level.
    I would be willing to put up with all the bad weapons if only the flares were not so bad.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    If you use a scope on this game, of ANY kind, you need GLINT, and other than that, absolutely nothing. I'm TIRED of getting whacked by a million snipers. Use an ironsight infantry rifle.
    lol... Maybe try moving and not standing still!? I have zero problems with snipers in BFV, other then assault semi-auto snipers with 3x scopes...

I rarely get killed by recon in this game... But I play on console, so things might be different playing on PC...
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My biggest issue with Recon is simply that iron sight bolt actions aren't very viable anymore, pretty much anything I can do with irons I can do just as well with a scope if not better.

This ^^^. Long range sniping is fun and rewarding. It's the close range iron sight use which is in need of love. Maybe they could make carbine or patrol models of the snipers that do more damage at close range but limit them to only using iron sights or aperture.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Use an ironsight infantry rifle.

If only bolt actions actually did a reasonable enough amount of damage to warrant using an iron sight rifle.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    Sixclicks wrote: »

If only bolt actions actually did a reasonable enough amount of damage to warrant using an iron sight rifle.

Correct, i spoke about that on the other thread. They have to make the infantry rifles more effective, and i would even say, give every class access to a SIR, and so we won't see as many snipers, and folks maybe doing some more practical things for their team.

It was the same issue on BF1, where as infantry rifles were rather ineffective, and on a WW1 game when many want to use rifles (like this game), it created a sniper spam, in that if infantry rifles were ineffective, they were using rifles that were....sniper rifles.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe

Correct, i spoke about that on the other thread. They have to make the infantry rifles more effective, and i would even say, give every class access to a SIR, and so we won't see as many snipers, and folks maybe doing some more practical things for their team.

It was the same issue on BF1, where as infantry rifles were rather ineffective, and on a WW1 game when many want to use rifles (like this game), it created a sniper spam, in that if infantry rifles were ineffective, they were using rifles that were....sniper rifles.
    SIR!?? You mean SLRs??? If thats what you mean, NO!

SLR should only be for recon, and recon alone! Its bad enough we have assault running around with semi-auto like Gewehr 43 and Turner SMLE...
  • Iightblack
    158 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You're making baseless assumptions. We don't want sweet spots back. We don't want rifles that OHK to the body at such wide ranges like in BF1.

We simply want better balanced rifles so that we can actually compete with other classes. And that means removing or greatly reducing glint, increasing body shot damage, and increasing bullet velocity. Otherwise bolt actions will never be competitive with other weapon types unless you're literally one of the best.

You mention BF3 and BF4... I'd gladly take BF4 bolt actions over the trash we have now. BFV has the weakest bolt actions in the series.

And again, bolt actions were never OP. I didn't say that the most used is the same as OP. That's only part of the evidence as to why it's not. The more important part is the fact that the vast majority of players performed worse with scout than assault, medic, and support.

I totally don't agree. Glint prevents camping and; regard body damage, a sniper should aim heads or should be a trash class. The bullet velocity, if a sniper doesn't camp in another server, is perfect.
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    What I expect from a class with reconnaissance tools is for all its tools to work to a satisfactory level.
    I would be willing to put up with all the bad weapons if only the flares were not so bad.

Those three things in predator-comment are things I would like DICE to look at.

Flares definitely need a buff in some form, if not in spotting range wideness then at least in starting & max ammo count and secondly spotting time. AP mines are rather big dissapointment (poor damage by 1 mine/ blast range and triggering?) and bolt action rifles need some love or alternatively stealthiness could be increased by removal (partial?) of scope glint.
  • Iightblack
    edited January 4
    EDIT: wrong thread
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6

SIR!?? You mean SLRs??? If thats what you mean, NO!

SLR should only be for recon, and recon alone! Its bad enough we have assault running around with semi-auto like Gewehr 43 and Turner SMLE...

"SIR" Standard Issue Rifles.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    Iightblack wrote: »
    You're making baseless assumptions. We don't want sweet spots back. We don't want rifles that OHK to the body at such wide ranges like in BF1.

We simply want better balanced rifles so that we can actually compete with other classes. And that means removing or greatly reducing glint, increasing body shot damage, and increasing bullet velocity. Otherwise bolt actions will never be competitive with other weapon types unless you're literally one of the best.

You mention BF3 and BF4... I'd gladly take BF4 bolt actions over the trash we have now. BFV has the weakest bolt actions in the series.

And again, bolt actions were never OP. I didn't say that the most used is the same as OP. That's only part of the evidence as to why it's not. The more important part is the fact that the vast majority of players performed worse with scout than assault, medic, and support.

I totally don't agree. Glint prevents camping and; regard body damage, a sniper should aim heads or should be a trash class. The bullet velocity, if a sniper doesn't camp in another server, is perfect.
    No! Most ridicilous post I ever seen on this forum...

The normal thing for snipers (or any other weapon used in combat) to do is to go for torso first! This is probably one of the first thing they learn you in the military... At least when I was there...

Aiming for headshots as a sniper is just a stupid design in this game... They should instead had made torso damage 85, and reduce to head hitbox to BF1 level (its too big now)... Some things can be made more realistic without breaking the game you know...

And sorry to tell you, but the glint on the 6x scope is huga as a flashlight... Its very obvious it needs to get reduced, ALOT!

You are too biased in your opinion, and its very hard to take you serious!
  • Noodlesocks
    3040 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hate the sound loss feature when aiming with a bolt action rifle. Recon is the only class that has this 'feature' and it's so lazily coded in that it still happens even if you aren't using a scope.
  • DingoKillr
    3637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There are so many bad arguments in this thread.
    - Snipers/Recon are useless > on a thread stating they need buffs while they argue against those buffs.
    - To many snipers > Funny the same can be said about any class, yet the same players defend the number of Assaults which also impacts vehicle play.
    - Snipers are OP in BFV > since when? but in past game they where but only if we ignore that in the past 4 BF the Assault Class.
    - Snipers camp > really what do you want them to do? Then why argue against buff that allows them to get closer.
    - Recon weapons are fine > For their role, really compared to how effective other class are in their roles for the least skill is just a flat out lie.
    - Snipers have 1HK > not the only class. Every class is reward for head shots by less BTK. However Recon is the only class with a body shot TTK so long that every other class can kill between shots.
    - Snipers have QuickDraw > they have same draw time as other classes.

If Recon are meant for long range why not more powerful scopes, higher velocity and less drag/drop that would then make them useful, allowing their gadgets to be effective and you can keep that stupid glint. However since most complainers about Recon want Recon to be right on your back then you need to buff their weapons provide a short range primary weapons making it much more effective Anti-Infantry, remove glint and better short range gadget. Yet here they are complaining and argue against any buff in either direction which can only mean they are bias and have no interest besides trolling.

Dice needs to stop with half measure for Recon and stop listen to players who's goal is to make fast pace K/D videos rather then making a functional class.

It is not about making the Recon the best because clear Assault is the premier class with all range weapons, better health regeneration, better functioning gadgets and better ammo pickup.

What Recon needs
    - Short ranged, higher ROF and silenced this would fit the class
    - BA need higher velocity and SLR need lower recoil keeping them for
    - Glint needs to be either none or distances based
    - Flare needs distances and larger radius
    There are many other option but I think these few would be enough to make the class more useful.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 4

G95 and K98 do enough damage in close to pistol swap (G95 also have slings & swivels to help).

It's no BF1 G95-Frommer combo but for pubstomping it works okay.

Revolver or 1911 work best, and revolver's getting a big buff to its damage dropoff in the next patch which should also indirectly buff recon (and MMG) the most as it gets the most utility out of sidearms.
  • Bamsmacked
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 4

Or if you could preform the bolt action while still zoomed in this would make Irons more worth using.

The RoF upgrades on Sniper Rifles are really pointless unless your in a rare situation where you've gotta hipfire... Because by the time to take a shot, zoom out and zoom back in you really aren't even getting a higher rate of fire.. Your rate of fire as a Sniper is more based on how fast you can exit ADS and reenter after reloading a shot... But then you gotta retrack your target and such which takes more time and thus hurts your RoF potential... So the upgrade literally does nothing for you.

Make irons GREAT AGAIN. Allow Recons to continuing firing shots without exiting ADS when using irons.
  • AduaneroKill
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think recon should receive more points for spotting, specially vehicles.

And of course remove the scoping glint, since assaults got 3x scopes with no glint.
  • Iightblack

The normal thing for snipers (or any other weapon used in combat) to do is to go for torso first! This is probably one of the first thing they learn you in the military... At least when I was there...

Aiming for headshots as a sniper is just a stupid design in this game... They should instead had made torso damage 85, and reduce to head hitbox to BF1 level (its too big now)... Some things can be made more realistic without breaking the game you know...

And sorry to tell you, but the glint on the 6x scope is huga as a flashlight... Its very obvious it needs to get reduced, ALOT!

"No! Most ridicilous post I ever seen on this forum" I think the same thing about your post.
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    Iightblack wrote: »

"No! Most ridicilous post I ever seen on this forum" I think the same thing about your post.
    Your opinion doesnt matter! :)