This Week in Battlefield V

Recon limit suggestion

2»

Comments

• DingoKillr
    3548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To be honest, the only map I see recon camp is on Aerodrome, Hamada and sometimes Narvik (and only sometimes)...

Most of the times, no matter which map I play, bipod support is the one that camp... And assault can do this with their semi-autos...

It always more obvious when a recon camp because of his huge scope glint... Now support and assault dont have that, and kill cam suck in this game, so when they camp you dont allways notice it the same way... But lets not kid ourself here, they camp ALOT, especially support!

Support is forced to camp at the games current state.
    reasons are simple.

1 They cannot hipfire axis weaponry.
    2 Bipod is soo broken that they have to be prone.

solutions.
    1 fix bipod.
    2 Allow hipfire.

Support and snipers are in many ways suppose to camp though, providing covering fire for the assult to advance.
    What the. Your defending camping Support and Snipers, while saying camping Snipers need a limit because they camp at distance.

Yet snipers don't have the weapons like Support to be anywhere near a objective.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is a player problem, not a game problem, but it is exacerbated by a few factors in BFV, namely limited ammo, lack of spotting and killcams make hiding more effective, and the TTK is too low for Recon to truly compete at close range.

I swear, every single Battlefield people don't want to make snipers OHK at close range, but they also don't want players camping far away to take advantage of the only thing Recon's got, distance. But the uproar if Recon were removed would kill the next BF.
  • DingoKillr
    3548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is a player problem, not a game problem, but it is exacerbated by a few factors in BFV, namely limited ammo, lack of spotting and killcams make hiding more effective, and the TTK is too low for Recon to truly compete at close range.

I swear, every single Battlefield people don't want to make snipers OHK at close range, but they also don't want players camping far away to take advantage of the only thing Recon's got, distance. But the uproar if Recon were removed would kill the next BF.

What is funny is there are things to fix both but it seem no one wants to listen.

- Glint on distances greater than 150m. This would still allow for sniper decoy to work while allow them to still compete with long range Assault and Support
    - Give Recon a short range weapon and fix the god damn flare gun.
  • DIV88_Viking
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    To be honest, the only map I see recon camp is on Aerodrome, Hamada and sometimes Narvik (and only sometimes)...

Most of the times, no matter which map I play, bipod support is the one that camp... And assault can do this with their semi-autos...

It always more obvious when a recon camp because of his huge scope glint... Now support and assault dont have that, and kill cam suck in this game, so when they camp you dont allways notice it the same way... But lets not kid ourself here, they camp ALOT, especially support!

Support is forced to camp at the games current state.
    reasons are simple.

1 They cannot hipfire axis weaponry.
    2 Bipod is soo broken that they have to be prone.

solutions.
    1 fix bipod.
    2 Allow hipfire.

Support and snipers are in many ways suppose to camp though, providing covering fire for the assult to advance.
    What the. Your defending camping Support and Snipers, while saying camping Snipers need a limit because they camp at distance.

Yet snipers don't have the weapons like Support to be anywhere near a objective.

No. Camping as in covering groups. A Support dosent camp faar away from hes group/squad. However a sniper with a 8x scope is moore prone to infact do so.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1838 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There generally isn't a sniper problem in BFV. Yes some rounds on certain maps can be bad, but that's like those people saying tanks are op because now and again a great player can get 100+ kills in a round, when for your average player they are death traps. HAmada can be a pain, but it's one map.
    Removing 3x scopes from Assault and support is a quick fix for many balance issues at the mo. The maps are generally of a size where 3x scope is essentially the sniper scope, so giving the to assault and support is dumb. If all maps were Hamada size then it may just about be ok, but they aren't.
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Limiting works better if there's surplus of existing ones. When they will expand soldier class roster, it could be possible to see squad wide limitations. For example 2 Assault sub-classes, 1 Medic sub-class, 1 Support sub-class and 1 Recon sub-class are allowed to be spawned as in a alpha squad.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    ackers75 wrote: »
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    Campers aren't playing recon. The are using the Assualt DMRs. The only way to fix is that is to remove DMRs from Assualt, and give them to recon (I don't want sniper medics). Since recon is actually pretty weak, atm, it'll force Assault to get close to the action with ARs, hopefully.

Recon is weak when they are miles away from the objective doing absolutely nothing but chasing their KD/R!
    They could do with a few dmr guns but it’s silly taking away the dmr from assault class.

Then why give them BA rifles if you can't snipe with them (becuase bullet velocity for them is so slow). Right now, certain SLRs and DMRs are the best sniper weapons, and Assault has the DMRs.

So, to stop camping assualts, the most played class btw, remove the DMRs from them and give them to the actual sniper class. Maybe give the Assault class shotguns to compensate (I'd say SMGs but it'd just reduce the already low number of medics).
    They just need to remove 3x scopes from assault semi-auto rifles... And then buff recon SLRs...
    They'd at least need a decent 2x scope like on the Ag m/42 instead of the Aperture sight then.
    And I don't think that'd really solve the problem for the most part. Most of the time I've seen people camping with DMRs (mainly the Gewehr) the range isn't really a massive thing, a 2x scope or even iron sights would give the same effect (although that's with fairly limited experiences so far, only like 21 hours in game so far).
    I really don't think putting a cap would solve any issues - obviously you'd only have a certain amount of snipers or whatever, but you'd also get a lot of people complaining and quitting out of games because they suddenly can't play a base infantry class.
    I think one of the reasons why people don't play as aggressively and tend to sit back is because of the attrition system, particularly in regards to health. As it is, if you're not with/playing a medic then pushing aggressively is often going to leave you stuck at 50% health with no way to heal more. I think one way to potentially help combat this problem is have dead players drop medical pouches. Maybe not every time, and certainly not if they didn't have one on them, but perhaps have medics always drop them or have a high chance of dropping them, and then the other classes have a 50% chance of dropping them if they have one on them? It could work, and obviously this only really benefits players who are pushing and right in the action, as long range snipers can't exactly run a few hundred metres just to pick up a med kit from a dropped enemy.
  • DIV88_Viking
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly feel that camping is a result of KD factor.

No "Kill Death ratio" would mean that ppl are not afraid to die anymoore, thus no reason to show off great score and ppl will actually play objective.
    Its a thaught I have and I think its pretty accurate.

Think of it. No K D to show for when you apply for great platoons, or clans. You dont need 100/1 anymoore to show youre score.
    Even the biggest noob can have great KD. All he needs to do is to become avreage on sniping, stay faar behind and pick off whoever is static.

But! What should be sticking is the "Win %" you have.

Think of this ppl.

NO KD but only Win Ratio?

Would not that! Make ppl who really cares do all they can for theyre team and not just sit behind thinking "me me me me"

Any thaughts?
  • Dr_X2345

No "Kill Death ratio" would mean that ppl are not afraid to die anymoore, thus no reason to show off great score and ppl will actually play objective.

Think of it. No K D to show for when you apply for great platoons, or clans. You dont need 100/1 anymoore to show youre score.
    Even the biggest noob can have great KD. All he needs to do is to become avreage on sniping, stay faar behind and pick off whoever is static.

Think of this ppl.

Would not that! Make ppl who really cares do all they can for theyre team and not just sit behind thinking "me me me me"

Any thaughts?

Win ratio is nothing really to do with personal skill though. You can be really aggressive with Assault, capping objectives by yourself, you can revive every single teammate in a 50m radius who dies as Medic, you can defend an objective as much as you want with Support, you can be the best sniper in the game - none of that matters if your team is bad. No matter how good you are, if the rest of your team isn't doing anything and the enemy team is at least semi competent then you will lose.
    I really don't think that much can be done other than I guess upping the objective score that you get and maybe adding that health pack drop mechanic I mentioned (which I'm about to make a proper post about) to make aggressive objective play less punishing.
  • DIV88_Viking
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »

Think of this ppl.

Any thaughts?

Win ratio is nothing really to do with personal skill though. You can be really aggressive with Assault, capping objectives by yourself, you can revive every single teammate in a 50m radius who dies as Medic, you can defend an objective as much as you want with Support, you can be the best sniper in the game - none of that matters if your team is bad. No matter how good you are, if the rest of your team isn't doing anything and the enemy team is at least semi competent then you will lose.
    I really don't think that much can be done other than I guess upping the objective score that you get and maybe adding that health pack drop mechanic I mentioned (which I'm about to make a proper post about) to make aggressive objective play less punishing.

Well I would rather think that both teams would infact fight hard as "PIE" for the win concidering thats the thing that gets registered.
    And not the personal KD. But alright bro, you got youre opinion.
  • danosta
    428 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    I've made this same suggestion in every single bf game.

just wait, insurgency does this and it works great. support that game and maybe dice will listen up

What game is insurgency? Never heard of it (sarcasm).
  • Dr_X2345
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »

Think of this ppl.

Any thaughts?

Well I would rather think that both teams would infact fight hard as "PIE" for the win concidering thats the thing that gets registered.
    And not the personal KD. But alright bro, you got youre opinion.

I get what you're saying - if K/D was removed then in theory people would play the objective more. In theory being the key phrase there - as a Battlefront 2 player, let me tell you, there are no stats in that game, so you'd think people wouldn't be worried about how many kills they get, the objective would be the main thing? You'd be wrong. People will just go for kills, you get games where no-one will push the objective unless it's already being taken leading to one or two players being forced to continully Rush the objective, get a kill or two, contest it and hope that other people join them before they get killed. So in theory it works, in practise not so much.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 5

Think of this ppl.

Any thaughts?

KDR is an important factor to consider in one's level of skill. It's not the only thing to consider though. I highly doubt there's any competitive platoons/clans that don't look at your KDR plus your KPM, SPM, and win rate at the very least.

Camping back and sniping like you said might get you a high KDR, but your SPM and KPM will be garbage as a result. That alone tells you right away that someone doesn't play the objective if they have stats like that. The combination of those 3 stats is a better measure of how a player plays the game than win rate. You generally don't have a ton of influence over your win rate unless you always play with a squad of friends or you're able to carry a large portion of your team. Especially in large game modes where you've got to rely on 31 other random people to help you win.
  • trip1ex
    4770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 5
    In Breakthrough they could show no Kills and deaths and just show how far you advanced as attackers. SAme with defenders.

And yeah they could limit classes and weapons. And then they could reward the sniper rifles etc to those who get into the flag zones and take the flags.

They could have an AI commander that shoots you in the back of the head if you don't advance. Stuff like that. They could give SLs the ability to TD teammates that don't move up.

So many ideas. I think what we really need is for DICE to work on these ideas and others in a pub setting. Copy and paste a mode to experiment with.