Weekly BF

Low profile "gadget" for recon

Foot_Guard_Tomei
438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Ghillie suit or whatever map thematic advanced camouflage application could be fun gadget choice for Recon coming up with tools reducing scope glint. It could also decrease time to being spotted by enemies when equipped. Taking secondary gadget slot in loadout. Idea is similar to stealth training gadget from Hardline. Thoughts?

Comments

• Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What do you mean by 'decreasing the time to being spotted by enemies'? If someone spots you with the scope/flare/suppression the icon disappears quicker? Or what?
    Overall I'm not sure. I don't know if it'd be that useful and I don't really understand the effect.
  • PackersDK
    779 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don’t think we need to add anything to the game that makes it harder to see enemy players.

Nor anything that makes it easier for hillhumping bush wookie snipers. And before the deluge of ptfo snipers descend on me - yes, I know some snipers don’t play like that.

It’s a no thanks for me.
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    What do you mean by 'decreasing the time to being spotted by enemies'? If someone spots you with the scope/flare/suppression the icon disappears quicker? Or what?
    Overall I'm not sure. I don't know if it'd be that useful and I don't really understand the effect.

Yes, icon would dissapear quicker. Being very short ping-like. Effects would be visual camouflage matching the type of terrain, hiding your scope glint when ADSing with your weapon and that before mentioned spotting benefit. All decreasing your profile—hence the name "Low profile" for gadget.
  • Dr_X2345

Yes, icon would dissapear quicker. Being very short ping-like. Effects would be visual camouflage matching the type of terrain, hiding your scope glint when ADSing with your weapon and that before mentioned spotting benefit. All decreasing your profile—hence the name "Low profile" for gadget.
    Makes a bit more sense, but I'm still not sure. I feel like that would just encourage camping with snipers more, especially if it's making them harder to spot both in terms of making your team aware of them/actually seeing them and because there wouldn't be any scope glint either. Given how visibility and camping is already an issue, I don't think this would really do much to help and would mainly just make it worse.
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei

Makes a bit more sense, but I'm still not sure. I feel like that would just encourage camping with snipers more, especially if it's making them harder to spot both in terms of making your team aware of them/actually seeing them and because there wouldn't be any scope glint either. Given how visibility and camping is already an issue, I don't think this would really do much to help and would mainly just make it worse.

This is pretty ill-timed suggestion for sure. Could make sense better when visibility is addressed (It's going to according to another thread). Camping is ever-lasting problem and there's as much misconception around that term (what is considered as camping?) as there's blatant camping. Campers' greatest tools are infinite Hp and ammo boxes BTW.

I would say that it would give needed stealth edge to recon at cost of ground control or route denial or poor attempt of deception. Recon sniper is supposed to stay away at direct action, providing recon overwatch over defendable/supported field of operation. Now when how weak BARs are in comprasion with recent titles, I think that buffing stealth could fit into "HC" gameplay of V and recon sniper combat role. Muzzle flash and tracers would still remain.
  • Dr_X2345
    I think once visibility and stuff is sorted then there's no reason why not, I agree. At the moment it would be a little inappropriate.